Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

datawindow Stored Procedure Update

4 posts in DataWindow .NET Last posting was on 2005-01-14 19:14:58.0Z
Jack Addington Posted on 2004-09-07 18:57:30.0Z
From: "Jack Addington" <jaddington@shaw.ca>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.datawindow.net
Subject: datawindow Stored Procedure Update
Lines: 656
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1437
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1441
NNTP-Posting-Host: s010600e018e32f17.cg.shawcable.net
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: s010600e018e32f17.cg.shawcable.net
Message-ID: <413e049a$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 7 Sep 2004 11:57:30 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1094583450 68.147.193.82 (7 Sep 2004 11:57:30 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 7 Sep 2004 11:57:30 -0700, s010600e018e32f17.cg.shawcable.net
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.datawindow.net:315
Article PK: 124745

I'm using Oracle 9.2 and the evaluation version of datawindow.net. When I
select my stored procedure for insert/update I can find my proc but the
parameters that are auto-selected are correct in number but all the argument
names get lost. The first three are ok but the rest are truncated and
anywhere from 4 to 8 characters long. The first one is ok but then the 3rd
one seems to blend with the 2nd one and so forth.

I suppose I can re-type them all in but in a large table that sucks... any
ideas?

funny params.jpg

Jack Addington Posted on 2004-09-07 18:59:06.0Z
From: "Jack Addington" <jaddington@shaw.ca>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.datawindow.net
References: <413e049a$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: datawindow Stored Procedure Update
Lines: 335
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1437
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1441
NNTP-Posting-Host: s010600e018e32f17.cg.shawcable.net
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: s010600e018e32f17.cg.shawcable.net
Message-ID: <413e04fa$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 7 Sep 2004 11:59:06 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1094583546 68.147.193.82 (7 Sep 2004 11:59:06 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 7 Sep 2004 11:59:06 -0700, s010600e018e32f17.cg.shawcable.net
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.datawindow.net:316
Article PK: 124746

more funny params...

"Jack Addington" <jaddington@shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:413e049a$1@forums-1-dub...
> I'm using Oracle 9.2 and the evaluation version of datawindow.net. When I
> select my stored procedure for insert/update I can find my proc but the
> parameters that are auto-selected are correct in number but all the
argument
> names get lost. The first three are ok but the rest are truncated and
> anywhere from 4 to 8 characters long. The first one is ok but then the
3rd
> one seems to blend with the 2nd one and so forth.
>
> I suppose I can re-type them all in but in a large table that sucks... any
> ideas?
>
>
>

funny params2.jpg

Jack Addington Posted on 2005-01-14 17:05:44.0Z
From: "Jack Addington" <jaddington@shaw.ca>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.datawindow.net
References: <413e049a$1@forums-1-dub> <413e04fa$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: datawindow Stored Procedure Update
Lines: 30
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2527
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2527
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
NNTP-Posting-Host: s010600e018e32f17.cg.shawcable.net
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: s010600e018e32f17.cg.shawcable.net
Message-ID: <41e7fbe8$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 14 Jan 2005 09:05:44 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1105722344 68.147.199.171 (14 Jan 2005 09:05:44 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 14 Jan 2005 09:05:44 -0800, s010600e018e32f17.cg.shawcable.net
X-Authenticated-User: dw15beta
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.datawindow.net:1242
Article PK: 125668

How is this in 1.5?

"Jack Addington" <jaddington@shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:413e04fa$1@forums-1-dub...
> more funny params...
>
>
> "Jack Addington" <jaddington@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> news:413e049a$1@forums-1-dub...
>> I'm using Oracle 9.2 and the evaluation version of datawindow.net. When
>> I
>> select my stored procedure for insert/update I can find my proc but the
>> parameters that are auto-selected are correct in number but all the
> argument
>> names get lost. The first three are ok but the rest are truncated and
>> anywhere from 4 to 8 characters long. The first one is ok but then the
> 3rd
>> one seems to blend with the 2nd one and so forth.
>>
>> I suppose I can re-type them all in but in a large table that sucks...
>> any
>> ideas?
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>


Jim O'Neil [Sybase] Posted on 2005-01-14 19:14:58.0Z
From: "Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil_at_sybase_dot_com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.datawindow.net
Subject: Re: datawindow Stored Procedure Update
Message-ID: <4g6gu01fd632co9o481fqi9i1f22881all@4ax.com>
References: <413e049a$1@forums-1-dub> <413e04fa$1@forums-1-dub> <41e7fbe8$1@forums-1-dub>
X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 2.0/32.652
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: joneilw2k.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 14 Jan 2005 11:14:52 -0800, joneilw2k.sybase.com
Lines: 37
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 14 Jan 2005 11:14:55 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 14 Jan 2005 11:14:58 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1105730098 10.22.108.75 (14 Jan 2005 11:14:58 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 14 Jan 2005 11:14:58 -0800, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.datawindow.net:1243
Article PK: 125670

I am not seeing this behavior; however, depending on it's cause it
could be specific to something about your procedures that mine do not
share.

On 14 Jan 2005 09:05:44 -0800, "Jack Addington" <jaddington@shaw.ca>

wrote:

>How is this in 1.5?
>
>"Jack Addington" <jaddington@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>news:413e04fa$1@forums-1-dub...
>> more funny params...
>>
>>
>> "Jack Addington" <jaddington@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>> news:413e049a$1@forums-1-dub...
>>> I'm using Oracle 9.2 and the evaluation version of datawindow.net. When
>>> I
>>> select my stored procedure for insert/update I can find my proc but the
>>> parameters that are auto-selected are correct in number but all the
>> argument
>>> names get lost. The first three are ok but the rest are truncated and
>>> anywhere from 4 to 8 characters long. The first one is ok but then the
>> 3rd
>>> one seems to blend with the 2nd one and so forth.
>>>
>>> I suppose I can re-type them all in but in a large table that sucks...
>>> any
>>> ideas?
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>