Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

SMS Push

4 posts in General Discussion Last posting was on 2004-09-15 14:30:21.0Z
pat Posted on 2004-09-13 19:42:39.0Z
Sender: 7817.4145b733.846930886@sybase.com
From: Pat
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: SMS Push
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4145f82f.7bb5.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 13 Sep 2004 12:42:39 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1095104559 10.22.241.41 (13 Sep 2004 12:42:39 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 13 Sep 2004 12:42:39 -0700, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 7
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:3534
Article PK: 7436

I have set up my pylon server to push only high priority
e-mails. My clients receive the notification " new message"
on their Samsung i 600, when I send them a high priority
e-mail. My problem is that the phone does not call back
"home" to retrieve the e-mail. My server shows that the
message was pushed. My regular sync (which is set up for 2
hours works fine). Any help is greatly appreciated.


Matt Posted on 2004-09-14 11:56:47.0Z
From: "Matt" <mteskey@n0spam.sybase.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
References: <4145f82f.7bb5.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: SMS Push
Lines: 24
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
NNTP-Posting-Host: mteskey-xp.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: mteskey-xp.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4146dc7f$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 14 Sep 2004 04:56:47 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1095163007 10.25.98.122 (14 Sep 2004 04:56:47 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 14 Sep 2004 04:56:47 -0700, mteskey-xp.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: techsupp
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:3535
Article PK: 7435

Pat:

It sounds like the SMS message getting to the device is actually an SMS
'Alert', not a message to trigger push.

For SMS Push, the contents of the SMS message should be cryptic and not
human-readable.

Some more detailed troubleshooting tips and explanations can be found in our
Pylon Anywhere Push and Alerts whitepaper on iAnywhere.com:
http://crm.sybase.com/sybase/www/iAS/pylon_push_alert.jsp

Matt..

<Pat> wrote in message news:4145f82f.7bb5.1681692777@sybase.com...
> I have set up my pylon server to push only high priority
> e-mails. My clients receive the notification " new message"
> on their Samsung i 600, when I send them a high priority
> e-mail. My problem is that the phone does not call back
> "home" to retrieve the e-mail. My server shows that the
> message was pushed. My regular sync (which is set up for 2
> hours works fine). Any help is greatly appreciated.


pat Posted on 2004-09-14 19:42:06.0Z
Sender: 10c2.4147492c.846930886@sybase.com
From: Pat
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Re: SMS Push
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4147498e.10c7.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <4146dc7f$1@forums-1-dub>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 14 Sep 2004 12:42:06 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1095190926 10.22.241.41 (14 Sep 2004 12:42:06 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 14 Sep 2004 12:42:06 -0700, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 36
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:3540
Article PK: 7442

Matt:
I have (what appears to be) everything set up, but there is
a problem on the client. SMS goes out my office and is
received by the phone, but then the client doesn't do
anything. I got it to SMS sync once, but I think that is
because I launched the client at the same time the SMS came
in. I am now batting 1 for 23. I have uninstalled and
reinstalled the client and nothing. I am starting to think
that it is something with the client and the smart phone
2003 update. Any ideas?

> Pat:
>
> It sounds like the SMS message getting to the device is
> actually an SMS 'Alert', not a message to trigger push.
>
> For SMS Push, the contents of the SMS message should be
> cryptic and not human-readable.
>
> Some more detailed troubleshooting tips and explanations
> can be found in our Pylon Anywhere Push and Alerts
> whitepaper on iAnywhere.com:
> http://crm.sybase.com/sybase/www/iAS/pylon_push_alert.jsp
>
> Matt..
>
> <Pat> wrote in message
> > news:4145f82f.7bb5.1681692777@sybase.com... I have set
> > up my pylon server to push only high priority e-mails.
> > My clients receive the notification " new message" on
> > their Samsung i 600, when I send them a high priority
> > e-mail. My problem is that the phone does not call back
> > "home" to retrieve the e-mail. My server shows that the
> > message was pushed. My regular sync (which is set up for
> 2 hours works fine). Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
>


Matt Posted on 2004-09-15 14:30:21.0Z
From: "Matt" <mteskey@n0spam.sybase.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
References: <4146dc7f$1@forums-1-dub> <4147498e.10c7.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: SMS Push
Lines: 51
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
NNTP-Posting-Host: vpn-concord-101.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vpn-concord-101.sybase.com
Message-ID: <414851fd@forums-1-dub>
Date: 15 Sep 2004 07:30:21 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1095258621 158.159.8.101 (15 Sep 2004 07:30:21 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 15 Sep 2004 07:30:21 -0700, vpn-concord-101.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: techsupp
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:3552
Article PK: 7454

Pat:

Can you type out here what the SMS message looks like when it reaches your
i600? I am interested in seeing the sender, subject and body when it reaches
your phone.

Also, what carrier do you use?

Thanks..

Matt..

<Pat> wrote in message news:4147498e.10c7.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Matt:
> I have (what appears to be) everything set up, but there is
> a problem on the client. SMS goes out my office and is
> received by the phone, but then the client doesn't do
> anything. I got it to SMS sync once, but I think that is
> because I launched the client at the same time the SMS came
> in. I am now batting 1 for 23. I have uninstalled and
> reinstalled the client and nothing. I am starting to think
> that it is something with the client and the smart phone
> 2003 update. Any ideas?
> > Pat:
> >
> > It sounds like the SMS message getting to the device is
> > actually an SMS 'Alert', not a message to trigger push.
> >
> > For SMS Push, the contents of the SMS message should be
> > cryptic and not human-readable.
> >
> > Some more detailed troubleshooting tips and explanations
> > can be found in our Pylon Anywhere Push and Alerts
> > whitepaper on iAnywhere.com:
> > http://crm.sybase.com/sybase/www/iAS/pylon_push_alert.jsp
> >
> > Matt..
> >
> > <Pat> wrote in message
> > > news:4145f82f.7bb5.1681692777@sybase.com... I have set
> > > up my pylon server to push only high priority e-mails.
> > > My clients receive the notification " new message" on
> > > their Samsung i 600, when I send them a high priority
> > > e-mail. My problem is that the phone does not call back
> > > "home" to retrieve the e-mail. My server shows that the
> > > message was pushed. My regular sync (which is set up for
> > 2 hours works fine). Any help is greatly appreciated.
> >
> >