Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Pylon Client on P900 and standard P900 sync software on PC

7 posts in General Discussion Last posting was on 2004-09-20 15:01:58.0Z
Frederic Hertling Posted on 2004-09-16 08:40:19.0Z
From: "Frederic Hertling" <frederic.hertling@n0spam.bluewin.ch>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Pylon Client on P900 and standard P900 sync software on PC
Lines: 24
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1437
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1441
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: mail.hertling.ch
Message-ID: <4149532f$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 16 Sep 2004 01:47:43 -0700, mail.hertling.ch
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 16 Sep 2004 01:28:07 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 16 Sep 2004 01:40:19 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1095324019 10.22.108.75 (16 Sep 2004 01:40:19 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 16 Sep 2004 01:40:19 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:3558
Article PK: 7458

Hello Newsgroup,

we have a pylon iAnywhere installed at our office. We are working with
SonyEricsson P900 phone device and with the pylon Client installed on it.

The problem we have is that we cannot synchronize the ToDo and the Notes
with this device. In the Pylon iAnywhere client we can only select the
e-mail out/inbox, calendar and contacts.

Is there anything to do to get the Task and Notes being also visible and
selectable ?

Also, as long as the client 5.5.3004 is installed on the phone device we
cannot use the standard P900 synchronization programme installed on the PC
as alternative from synchronizing the ToDo and Notes.

we are running v5.5.3 and Symbian client 5.5.3004. iAnywhere is linked to an
Exchange server.

Regards

Frederic


Matt Posted on 2004-09-16 13:08:22.0Z
From: "Matt" <mteskey@n0spam.sybase.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
References: <4149532f$1@forums-2-dub>
Subject: Re: Pylon Client on P900 and standard P900 sync software on PC
Lines: 38
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: mteskey-xp.sybase.com
Message-ID: <41499204$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 16 Sep 2004 06:15:48 -0700, mteskey-xp.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 16 Sep 2004 05:56:09 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 16 Sep 2004 06:08:22 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1095340102 10.22.108.75 (16 Sep 2004 06:08:22 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 16 Sep 2004 06:08:22 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:3560
Article PK: 7463

Pylon Anywhere does not synchronize Tasks and Notes to the P900.

You are also correct in that one device can only have one SyncML connection
configured on the device.

I am not aware of any workarounds at this time.

Matt..

"Frederic Hertling" <frederic.hertling@n0spam.bluewin.ch> wrote in message
news:4149532f$1@forums-2-dub...
> Hello Newsgroup,
>
> we have a pylon iAnywhere installed at our office. We are working with
> SonyEricsson P900 phone device and with the pylon Client installed on it.
>
> The problem we have is that we cannot synchronize the ToDo and the Notes
> with this device. In the Pylon iAnywhere client we can only select the
> e-mail out/inbox, calendar and contacts.
>
> Is there anything to do to get the Task and Notes being also visible and
> selectable ?
>
> Also, as long as the client 5.5.3004 is installed on the phone device we
> cannot use the standard P900 synchronization programme installed on the PC
> as alternative from synchronizing the ToDo and Notes.
>
> we are running v5.5.3 and Symbian client 5.5.3004. iAnywhere is linked to
an
> Exchange server.
>
> Regards
>
> Frederic
>
>


Frederic Hertling Posted on 2004-09-16 22:27:54.0Z
From: "Frederic Hertling" <frederic.hertling@n0spam.bluewin.ch>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
References: <4149532f$1@forums-2-dub> <41499204$1@forums-2-dub>
Subject: Re: Pylon Client on P900 and standard P900 sync software on PC
Lines: 13
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1437
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1441
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 193.192.226.215
Message-ID: <414a1528@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 16 Sep 2004 15:35:20 -0700, 193.192.226.215
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 16 Sep 2004 15:15:38 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 16 Sep 2004 15:27:54 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1095373674 10.22.108.75 (16 Sep 2004 15:27:54 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 16 Sep 2004 15:27:54 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:3570
Article PK: 7467

That's not very nice as the default syncml has the possibility of the notes.
I'm not sure for the ToDo. But the P900 Software has this possibility. So
our clients have to choose between having the nice push feature of the pylon
client or continuing to work as they want, with the ToDo and the notes.

Is this really a good choice ? I don't think so.

Is it a big problem for Sybase to make the sync avaliable for ToDo and Notes
?

Frederic


frank Posted on 2004-09-20 08:29:32.0Z
Sender: 2da6.414e95df.1804289383@sybase.com
From: frank
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Re: Pylon Client on P900 and standard P900 sync software on PC
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <414e96b5.2db7.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <414a1528@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.42
X-Original-Trace: 20 Sep 2004 01:37:09 -0700, 10.22.241.42
Lines: 23
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 20 Sep 2004 01:16:56 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 20 Sep 2004 01:29:32 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1095668972 10.22.108.75 (20 Sep 2004 01:29:32 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 20 Sep 2004 01:29:32 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:3582
Article PK: 7484

Also be sure to check following:

Add an all day event in the calendar of the p900 and
replicate it to the server, check if it appears in the
calender on the server ?
With my version it is not synchronized...
frank

> That's not very nice as the default syncml has the
> possibility of the notes. I'm not sure for the ToDo. But
> the P900 Software has this possibility. So our clients
> have to choose between having the nice push feature of the
> pylon client or continuing to work as they want, with the
> ToDo and the notes.
>
> Is this really a good choice ? I don't think so.
>
> Is it a big problem for Sybase to make the sync avaliable
> for ToDo and Notes ?
>
> Frederic
>
>


Matt Posted on 2004-09-20 12:47:46.0Z
From: "Matt" <mteskey@n0spam.sybase.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
References: <414a1528@forums-2-dub> <414e96b5.2db7.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: Pylon Client on P900 and standard P900 sync software on PC
Lines: 33
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
NNTP-Posting-Host: mteskey-xp.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: mteskey-xp.sybase.com
Message-ID: <414ed172$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 20 Sep 2004 05:47:46 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1095684466 10.25.98.122 (20 Sep 2004 05:47:46 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 20 Sep 2004 05:47:46 -0700, mteskey-xp.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: techsupp
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:3587
Article PK: 7488

Frank:

What version of Pylon Anywhere are you using, and what is your backend
system (Domino or Exchange)?

Matt..

<frank> wrote in message news:414e96b5.2db7.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Also be sure to check following:
>
> Add an all day event in the calendar of the p900 and
> replicate it to the server, check if it appears in the
> calender on the server ?
> With my version it is not synchronized...
> frank
>
> > That's not very nice as the default syncml has the
> > possibility of the notes. I'm not sure for the ToDo. But
> > the P900 Software has this possibility. So our clients
> > have to choose between having the nice push feature of the
> > pylon client or continuing to work as they want, with the
> > ToDo and the notes.
> >
> > Is this really a good choice ? I don't think so.
> >
> > Is it a big problem for Sybase to make the sync avaliable
> > for ToDo and Notes ?
> >
> > Frederic
> >
> >


frank Posted on 2004-09-20 14:13:19.0Z
Sender: 31e7.414ee6ef.1804289383@sybase.com
From: frank
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Re: Pylon Client on P900 and standard P900 sync software on PC
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <414ee74d.31ea.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <414ed172$1@forums-1-dub>
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.42
X-Original-Trace: 20 Sep 2004 07:21:01 -0700, 10.22.241.42
Lines: 37
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 20 Sep 2004 07:00:44 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 20 Sep 2004 07:13:19 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1095689599 10.22.108.75 (20 Sep 2004 07:13:19 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 20 Sep 2004 07:13:19 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:3588
Article PK: 7489


> Frank:
>

Version of pylon: 05.04.2007, backend is domino 6.03.

cu,
Frank
> What version of Pylon Anywhere are you using, and what is
> your backend system (Domino or Exchange)?
>
> Matt..
>
> <frank> wrote in message
> > news:414e96b5.2db7.1681692777@sybase.com... Also be sure
> to check following: >
> > Add an all day event in the calendar of the p900 and
> > replicate it to the server, check if it appears in the
> > calender on the server ?
> > With my version it is not synchronized...
> > frank
> >
> > > That's not very nice as the default syncml has the
> > > possibility of the notes. I'm not sure for the ToDo.
> > > But the P900 Software has this possibility. So our
> > > clients have to choose between having the nice push
> > > feature of the pylon client or continuing to work as
> > > they want, with the ToDo and the notes.
> > >
> > > Is this really a good choice ? I don't think so.
> > >
> > > Is it a big problem for Sybase to make the sync
> > > avaliable for ToDo and Notes ?
> > >
> > > Frederic
> > >
> > >
>
>


Matt Posted on 2004-09-20 15:01:58.0Z
From: "Matt" <mteskey@n0spam.sybase.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
References: <414ed172$1@forums-1-dub> <414ee74d.31ea.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: Pylon Client on P900 and standard P900 sync software on PC
Lines: 49
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.25.100.197
Message-ID: <414ef2b2@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 20 Sep 2004 08:09:38 -0700, 10.25.100.197
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 20 Sep 2004 07:49:21 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 20 Sep 2004 08:01:58 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1095692518 10.22.108.75 (20 Sep 2004 08:01:58 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 20 Sep 2004 08:01:58 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:3590
Article PK: 7491

Frank:

We made some improvements to the P900 device and how it syncs in our 5.5.x
release. I recommend downloading the latest version of Pylon Anywhere,
which you can get from http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/base.do if you have a
support and maintenance plan.

Matt..

<frank> wrote in message news:414ee74d.31ea.1681692777@sybase.com...
> > Frank:
> >
> Version of pylon: 05.04.2007, backend is domino 6.03.
>
> cu,
> Frank
> > What version of Pylon Anywhere are you using, and what is
> > your backend system (Domino or Exchange)?
> >
> > Matt..
> >
> > <frank> wrote in message
> > > news:414e96b5.2db7.1681692777@sybase.com... Also be sure
> > to check following: >
> > > Add an all day event in the calendar of the p900 and
> > > replicate it to the server, check if it appears in the
> > > calender on the server ?
> > > With my version it is not synchronized...
> > > frank
> > >
> > > > That's not very nice as the default syncml has the
> > > > possibility of the notes. I'm not sure for the ToDo.
> > > > But the P900 Software has this possibility. So our
> > > > clients have to choose between having the nice push
> > > > feature of the pylon client or continuing to work as
> > > > they want, with the ToDo and the notes.
> > > >
> > > > Is this really a good choice ? I don't think so.
> > > >
> > > > Is it a big problem for Sybase to make the sync
> > > > avaliable for ToDo and Notes ?
> > > >
> > > > Frederic
> > > >
> > > >
> >
> >