Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Is ISUG the place to put enhancement requests?

5 posts in DataWindow .NET Last posting was on 2004-09-22 05:26:44.0Z
vsv Posted on 2004-09-21 03:20:02.0Z
From: "vsv" <nospam@nospam.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.datawindow.net
Subject: Is ISUG the place to put enhancement requests?
Lines: 7
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.50.4927.1200
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.50.4927.1200
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 164.110.202.154
Message-ID: <414f9fb0$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 20 Sep 2004 20:27:44 -0700, 164.110.202.154
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 20 Sep 2004 20:07:22 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 20 Sep 2004 20:20:02 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1095736802 10.22.108.75 (20 Sep 2004 20:20:02 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 20 Sep 2004 20:20:02 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.datawindow.net:411
Article PK: 124841

Is ISUG the place to put enhancement requests?
If yes , need to add DW.NET as a product in the Product list & other Sybase
Products that are not listed in the enhancement request form to select in
ISUG.
VSV


Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] Posted on 2004-09-21 04:53:07.0Z
From: "Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.datawindow.net
Subject: Re: Is ISUG the place to put enhancement requests?
Organization: TeamSybase
Reply-To: NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com
Message-ID: <s2cvk0534v45o5k8iu8hclqm8gm755gqgn@4ax.com>
References: <414f9fb0$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 2.0/32.646
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 68-190-226-38.la-cbi.charterpipeline.net
X-Original-Trace: 20 Sep 2004 22:00:50 -0700, 68-190-226-38.la-cbi.charterpipeline.net
Lines: 52
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 20 Sep 2004 21:40:27 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 20 Sep 2004 21:53:07 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1095742387 10.22.108.75 (20 Sep 2004 21:53:07 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 20 Sep 2004 21:53:07 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.datawindow.net:412
Article PK: 124842

You can submit them through CaseXpress as well:

http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/createcase.ssc

Unfortunately it hasn't been updated since DataWindow.Net was in beta.

If you want ISUG to add DataWidow.Net as a seperate product in their
system, you should contact Kathy Ridley, the Enhancements Director:

http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/mailto?krid

On 20 Sep 2004 20:20:02 -0700, "vsv" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

>Is ISUG the place to put enhancement requests?
>If yes , need to add DW.NET as a product in the Product list & other Sybase
>Products that are not listed in the enhancement request form to select in
>ISUG.
>VSV
>

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

TeamSybase blogs:
http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs

Two 3rd party books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups

Need code sample? Check out CodeXchange:
http://www.codexchange.sybase.com

Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of Assisi
http://www.needhim.org

---------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCLAIMER:

This newsgroup message is only intended for the recipient. Given that it
is a posting to a public newsgroup, that means if you can read this
message then you are the recipient. This message may contain information
that is confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again,
it may not.

Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of
Sybase. Given that TeamSybase is a diverse group of users of Sybase
products, the contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
views of a significant number of the members of TeamSybase. Given that the
author has multiple personalities and hears voices in his head, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent his own views.


vsv Posted on 2004-09-21 21:12:38.0Z
From: "vsv" <nospam@nospam.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.datawindow.net
References: <414f9fb0$1@forums-2-dub> <s2cvk0534v45o5k8iu8hclqm8gm755gqgn@4ax.com>
Subject: Re: Is ISUG the place to put enhancement requests?
Lines: 81
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.50.4927.1200
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.50.4927.1200
NNTP-Posting-Host: 164.110.202.154
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 164.110.202.154
Message-ID: <41509946$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 21 Sep 2004 14:12:38 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1095801158 164.110.202.154 (21 Sep 2004 14:12:38 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 21 Sep 2004 14:12:38 -0700, 164.110.202.154
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.datawindow.net:414
Article PK: 124844

Many requests that I & other of my colleagues put through case xpress went
into trash bin I guess,
not even a response or update on the status did we receive.
Many times people have talked about this in the news groups & it was
always told that ISUG is the voting spot. I agree you don't want Sybase to
open its case system to public.
http://www.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm=3fd8ad7b%241%40forum
s-2-dub&rnum=12&prev=/groups%3Fas_q%3Disug%26safe%3Dimages%26ie%3DUTF-8%26as
_ugroup%3D*.powerbuilder.*%26as_drrb%3Db%26as_mind%3D12%26as_minm%3D8%26as_m
iny%3D2003%26as_maxd%3D31%26as_maxm%3D12%26as_maxy%3D2003%26as_scoring%3Dd%2
6lr%3D%26num%3D100%26hl%3Den

I hope the enhancement request process of ISUG works better & users are
heard.

Anyway thanks for the pointer & I did send an email to Kathy.

VSV


"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>

wrote in message news:s2cvk0534v45o5k8iu8hclqm8gm755gqgn@4ax.com...
> You can submit them through CaseXpress as well:
>
> http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/createcase.ssc
>
> Unfortunately it hasn't been updated since DataWindow.Net was in beta.
>
> If you want ISUG to add DataWidow.Net as a seperate product in their
> system, you should contact Kathy Ridley, the Enhancements Director:
>
> http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/mailto?krid
>
>
> On 20 Sep 2004 20:20:02 -0700, "vsv" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
>
> >Is ISUG the place to put enhancement requests?
> >If yes , need to add DW.NET as a product in the Product list & other
Sybase
> >Products that are not listed in the enhancement request form to select in
> >ISUG.
> >VSV
> >
>
> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> http://www.teamsybase.com
>
> TeamSybase blogs:
> http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs
>
> Two 3rd party books on developing with PowerBuilder
> http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>
> Need code sample? Check out CodeXchange:
> http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
>
> Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of
Assisi
> http://www.needhim.org
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> DISCLAIMER:
>
> This newsgroup message is only intended for the recipient. Given that it
> is a posting to a public newsgroup, that means if you can read this
> message then you are the recipient. This message may contain information
> that is confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again,
> it may not.
>
> Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase, the contents
> of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of
> Sybase. Given that TeamSybase is a diverse group of users of Sybase
> products, the contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
> views of a significant number of the members of TeamSybase. Given that
the
> author has multiple personalities and hears voices in his head, the
contents
> of this message do not necessarily represent his own views.


Chris Keating (iAnywhere Solutions) Posted on 2004-09-22 03:36:23.0Z
From: "Chris Keating \(iAnywhere Solutions\)" <FightSpam_keating@iAnywhere.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.datawindow.net
References: <414f9fb0$1@forums-2-dub> <s2cvk0534v45o5k8iu8hclqm8gm755gqgn@4ax.com> <41509946$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: Is ISUG the place to put enhancement requests?
Lines: 122
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2180
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
NNTP-Posting-Host: vpn-concord-010.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vpn-concord-010.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4150f337@forums-1-dub>
Date: 21 Sep 2004 20:36:23 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1095824183 158.159.8.10 (21 Sep 2004 20:36:23 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 21 Sep 2004 20:36:23 -0700, vpn-concord-010.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: techsupp
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.datawindow.net:418
Article PK: 124848

All requests are reviewed and considered. However, not all enhancement
requests can or will be implemented. Decisions on the order in which
enhancements are driven by a large number of factors. Please remember that
demand and benefit to the larger user community will drive the
prioritization of enhancements. To get the best mileage from your requests,
make sure that you provide a thorough description of what you want and
provide a detailed description of how such an enhancement would benefit.
This will faciliate the understanding of the request as well as help place
the request within the prioritization of current requests.

If you have concerns/questions about the requests you have made, you should
work with Sybase directly.

--

Chris Keating
Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8

*****************************************************************************
Sign up today for your copy of the SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer Edition
and try out the market-leading database for mobile, embedded and small to
medium sized business environments for free!

http://www.ianywhere.com/promos/deved/index.html

*****************************************************************************

iAnywhere Solutions http://www.iAnywhere.com

** Please only post to the newsgroup

** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer
** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
** Use CaseXpress to report bugs http://casexpress.sybase.com

*****************************************************************************

"vsv" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:41509946$1@forums-1-dub...
> Many requests that I & other of my colleagues put through case xpress went
> into trash bin I guess,
> not even a response or update on the status did we receive.
> Many times people have talked about this in the news groups & it was
> always told that ISUG is the voting spot. I agree you don't want Sybase to
> open its case system to public.
> http://www.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm=3fd8ad7b%241%40forum
> s-2-dub&rnum=12&prev=/groups%3Fas_q%3Disug%26safe%3Dimages%26ie%3DUTF-8%26as
> _ugroup%3D*.powerbuilder.*%26as_drrb%3Db%26as_mind%3D12%26as_minm%3D8%26as_m
> iny%3D2003%26as_maxd%3D31%26as_maxm%3D12%26as_maxy%3D2003%26as_scoring%3Dd%2
> 6lr%3D%26num%3D100%26hl%3Den
>
> I hope the enhancement request process of ISUG works better & users are
> heard.
>
> Anyway thanks for the pointer & I did send an email to Kathy.
>
> VSV
>
>
> "Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
> wrote in message news:s2cvk0534v45o5k8iu8hclqm8gm755gqgn@4ax.com...
>> You can submit them through CaseXpress as well:
>>
>> http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/createcase.ssc
>>
>> Unfortunately it hasn't been updated since DataWindow.Net was in beta.
>>
>> If you want ISUG to add DataWidow.Net as a seperate product in their
>> system, you should contact Kathy Ridley, the Enhancements Director:
>>
>> http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/mailto?krid
>>
>>
>> On 20 Sep 2004 20:20:02 -0700, "vsv" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Is ISUG the place to put enhancement requests?
>> >If yes , need to add DW.NET as a product in the Product list & other
> Sybase
>> >Products that are not listed in the enhancement request form to select
>> >in
>> >ISUG.
>> >VSV
>> >
>>
>> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
>> http://www.teamsybase.com
>>
>> TeamSybase blogs:
>> http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs
>>
>> Two 3rd party books on developing with PowerBuilder
>> http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>>
>> Need code sample? Check out CodeXchange:
>> http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
>>
>> Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of
> Assisi
>> http://www.needhim.org
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> DISCLAIMER:
>>
>> This newsgroup message is only intended for the recipient. Given that it
>> is a posting to a public newsgroup, that means if you can read this
>> message then you are the recipient. This message may contain information
>> that is confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again,
>> it may not.
>>
>> Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase, the contents
>> of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of
>> Sybase. Given that TeamSybase is a diverse group of users of Sybase
>> products, the contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
>> views of a significant number of the members of TeamSybase. Given that
> the
>> author has multiple personalities and hears voices in his head, the
> contents
>> of this message do not necessarily represent his own views.
>
>
>


Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] Posted on 2004-09-22 05:26:44.0Z
From: "Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.datawindow.net
Subject: Re: Is ISUG the place to put enhancement requests?
Organization: TeamSybase
Reply-To: NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com
Message-ID: <8g22l01luur1e3pmtqlehlmi5kvqf1jcvh@4ax.com>
References: <414f9fb0$1@forums-2-dub> <s2cvk0534v45o5k8iu8hclqm8gm755gqgn@4ax.com> <41509946$1@forums-1-dub>
X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 2.0/32.646
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: 68-190-226-38.la-cbi.charterpipeline.net
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 68-190-226-38.la-cbi.charterpipeline.net
Date: 21 Sep 2004 22:26:44 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1095830804 68.190.226.38 (21 Sep 2004 22:26:44 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 21 Sep 2004 22:26:44 -0700, 68-190-226-38.la-cbi.charterpipeline.net
Lines: 43
X-Authenticated-User: TeamSybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.datawindow.net:419
Article PK: 124849


On 21 Sep 2004 14:12:38 -0700, "vsv" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

>Many requests that I & other of my colleagues put through case xpress went
>into trash bin I guess,
>not even a response or update on the status did we receive.

The CaseXpress system is not designed to give feedback on enhancement
requests or bug reports. That doesn't mean you weren't heard, it just
means you can't tell either way.



Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

TeamSybase blogs:
http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs

Two 3rd party books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups

Need code sample? Check out CodeXchange:
http://www.codexchange.sybase.com

Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of Assisi
http://www.needhim.org

---------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCLAIMER:

This newsgroup message is only intended for the recipient. Given that it
is a posting to a public newsgroup, that means if you can read this
message then you are the recipient. This message may contain information
that is confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again,
it may not.

Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of
Sybase. Given that TeamSybase is a diverse group of users of Sybase
products, the contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
views of a significant number of the members of TeamSybase. Given that the
author has multiple personalities and hears voices in his head, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent his own views.