Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

SyncML again

4 posts in General Discussion Last posting was on 2004-10-07 16:56:31.0Z
Gabor Fodor Posted on 2004-10-07 11:59:12.0Z
From: Gabor Fodor <gabor_fodor@bat.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: SyncML again
Organization: BAT Hungary
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="NNR=_6642512942"
Followup-To: gabor_fodor@bat.com
User-Agent: Noworyta News Reader/2.9
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 227.131-182-adsl-pool.axelero.hu
Message-ID: <41652f8b@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 7 Oct 2004 04:59:07 -0700, 227.131-182-adsl-pool.axelero.hu
Lines: 549
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 7 Oct 2004 04:59:08 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 7 Oct 2004 04:59:12 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1097150352 10.22.108.75 (7 Oct 2004 04:59:12 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 7 Oct 2004 04:59:12 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:3709
Article PK: 7611

Hi,

Unfortunatelly I was not able to manage the sync on SyncML on Nokia
6230. However I tried from an emulator (SDK 2.0) which has bug.
Otherwise still I have the question to set up real phone and what the
hell is "Calendar Database Address"???????

So at least to see whether it is working on Pylon I tried a different
approach. I installed Sync4j (a free SyncML sw) on my i-Mate windows
mobile 2003. Set it up, but it doesn't work.

I switched on darkstar verbose logging; see attachement.

It looks to me that the username/pwd were encoded into unrecognisable
format.

I tried to switch off encryption in Pylon (AES), change OS language
settings, but no result.

The only problem it must work on Nokia 6230 as it is our company mobile
phone and no chance to change to a more expensive on which Pylon Agent
can be installed.

Any idea highly appreciated!

thanks, Gabor


Matt Posted on 2004-10-07 12:14:50.0Z
From: "Matt" <mteskey@n0spam.sybase.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
References: <41652f8b@forums-2-dub>
Subject: Re: SyncML again
Lines: 64
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
X-MIMEOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: cpe0080c6ee2113-cm024380000306.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com
Message-ID: <41653333@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 7 Oct 2004 05:14:43 -0700, cpe0080c6ee2113-cm024380000306.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 7 Oct 2004 05:14:44 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 7 Oct 2004 05:14:50 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1097151290 10.22.108.75 (7 Oct 2004 05:14:50 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 7 Oct 2004 05:14:50 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:3710
Article PK: 7609

Gabor:

Can you confirm that the Nokia 6230 you tested with is a production device?
The original error you sent (Reached EOS while parsing) happens because the
device is not sending the Pylon Anywhere server valid information for its
hardware and software specs.

The problem with this device seems to be that it is not sending up valid
SyncML. Check out the orignal log to see some of the strange things it's
responding with. For example, for Serial number it has: FAKE
SN:???????????????

For Hardware specs, it returns: FAKE HwV

For Software specs, it returns:
FAKE SwV

This is not expected values, and ultimately, we do not receive all the data
we are expecting, thus the error:
Reached EOS while parsing

It looks like you have the Calendar configured correctly on the device,
since it looks like it is trying to send up VCard records (which are
calendar entries). It also looks like the username etc. is being sent up
correctly.

You might want to find out from your phone vendor why this device is sending
up invalid information. Have you tried this with other Nokia 6320s in your
organization?

Matt..

"Gabor Fodor" <gabor_fodor@bat.com> wrote in message
news:41652f8b@forums-2-dub...
> Hi,
>
> Unfortunatelly I was not able to manage the sync on SyncML on Nokia
> 6230. However I tried from an emulator (SDK 2.0) which has bug.
> Otherwise still I have the question to set up real phone and what the
> hell is "Calendar Database Address"???????
>
> So at least to see whether it is working on Pylon I tried a different
> approach. I installed Sync4j (a free SyncML sw) on my i-Mate windows
> mobile 2003. Set it up, but it doesn't work.
>
> I switched on darkstar verbose logging; see attachement.
>
> It looks to me that the username/pwd were encoded into unrecognisable
> format.
>
> I tried to switch off encryption in Pylon (AES), change OS language
> settings, but no result.
>
> The only problem it must work on Nokia 6230 as it is our company mobile
> phone and no chance to change to a more expensive on which Pylon Agent
> can be installed.
>
> Any idea highly appreciated!
>
> thanks, Gabor
>
>


Gabor Fodor Posted on 2004-10-07 12:51:55.0Z
From: Gabor Fodor <gabor_fodor@bat.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Re: SyncML again
Organization: BAT Hungary
References: <41652f8b@forums-2-dub> <41653333@forums-2-dub>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-2
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Followup-To: gabor_fodor@bat.com
User-Agent: Noworyta News Reader/2.9
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 237.8-182-adsl-pool.axelero.hu
Message-ID: <41653be6@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 7 Oct 2004 05:51:50 -0700, 237.8-182-adsl-pool.axelero.hu
Lines: 80
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 7 Oct 2004 05:51:53 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 7 Oct 2004 05:51:55 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1097153515 10.22.108.75 (7 Oct 2004 05:51:55 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 7 Oct 2004 05:51:55 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:3711
Article PK: 7610

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the response. I think there is a problem with the Nokia 6230
emulator I tried to use (Series 40 SDK 2.0); I went trough its doc and
turned out SyncML is not finalised. So this is the problem here. I will
try it with real 6230, now I have requested to upgrade its firmware.

On the other hand what is your idea regarding i-MATE/authentication?
This is the only other device I can test from.

thanks, gabor

Matt wrote:

> Gabor:
>
> Can you confirm that the Nokia 6230 you tested with is a production device?
> The original error you sent (Reached EOS while parsing) happens because the
> device is not sending the Pylon Anywhere server valid information for its
> hardware and software specs.
>
> The problem with this device seems to be that it is not sending up valid
> SyncML. Check out the orignal log to see some of the strange things it's
> responding with. For example, for Serial number it has: FAKE
> SN:???????????????
>
> For Hardware specs, it returns: FAKE HwV
>
> For Software specs, it returns:
> FAKE SwV
>
> This is not expected values, and ultimately, we do not receive all the data
> we are expecting, thus the error:
> Reached EOS while parsing
>
> It looks like you have the Calendar configured correctly on the device,
> since it looks like it is trying to send up VCard records (which are
> calendar entries). It also looks like the username etc. is being sent up
> correctly.
>
> You might want to find out from your phone vendor why this device is sending
> up invalid information. Have you tried this with other Nokia 6320s in your
> organization?
>
> Matt..
>
> "Gabor Fodor" <gabor_fodor@bat.com> wrote in message
> news:41652f8b@forums-2-dub...
> > Hi,
> >
> > Unfortunatelly I was not able to manage the sync on SyncML on Nokia
> > 6230. However I tried from an emulator (SDK 2.0) which has bug.
> > Otherwise still I have the question to set up real phone and what the
> > hell is "Calendar Database Address"???????
> >
> > So at least to see whether it is working on Pylon I tried a different
> > approach. I installed Sync4j (a free SyncML sw) on my i-Mate windows
> > mobile 2003. Set it up, but it doesn't work.
> >
> > I switched on darkstar verbose logging; see attachement.
> >
> > It looks to me that the username/pwd were encoded into unrecognisable
> > format.
> >
> > I tried to switch off encryption in Pylon (AES), change OS language
> > settings, but no result.
> >
> > The only problem it must work on Nokia 6230 as it is our company mobile
> > phone and no chance to change to a more expensive on which Pylon Agent
> > can be installed.
> >
> > Any idea highly appreciated!
> >
> > thanks, Gabor
> >
> >
>
>


Matt Posted on 2004-10-07 16:56:31.0Z
From: "Matt" <mteskey@n0spam.sybase.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
References: <41652f8b@forums-2-dub> <41653333@forums-2-dub> <41653be6@forums-2-dub>
Subject: Re: SyncML again
Lines: 100
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
X-MIMEOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: mteskey-xp.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4165753b$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 7 Oct 2004 09:56:27 -0700, mteskey-xp.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 7 Oct 2004 09:56:28 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 7 Oct 2004 09:56:31 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1097168191 10.22.108.75 (7 Oct 2004 09:56:31 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 7 Oct 2004 09:56:31 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:3712
Article PK: 7614

Gabor:

To be honest, I wouldn't trust an emulator. It looks as if it is sending
incorrect content as well.

Your best bet is to get your hands on a production device.

Matt..

"Gabor Fodor" <gabor_fodor@bat.com> wrote in message
news:41653be6@forums-2-dub...
> Hi Matt,
>
> Thanks for the response. I think there is a problem with the Nokia 6230
> emulator I tried to use (Series 40 SDK 2.0); I went trough its doc and
> turned out SyncML is not finalised. So this is the problem here. I will
> try it with real 6230, now I have requested to upgrade its firmware.
>
> On the other hand what is your idea regarding i-MATE/authentication?
> This is the only other device I can test from.
>
> thanks, gabor
>
>
> Matt wrote:
>
> > Gabor:
> >
> > Can you confirm that the Nokia 6230 you tested with is a production
device?
> > The original error you sent (Reached EOS while parsing) happens because
the
> > device is not sending the Pylon Anywhere server valid information for
its
> > hardware and software specs.
> >
> > The problem with this device seems to be that it is not sending up valid
> > SyncML. Check out the orignal log to see some of the strange things it's
> > responding with. For example, for Serial number it has: FAKE
> > SN:???????????????
> >
> > For Hardware specs, it returns: FAKE HwV
> >
> > For Software specs, it returns:
> > FAKE SwV
> >
> > This is not expected values, and ultimately, we do not receive all the
data
> > we are expecting, thus the error:
> > Reached EOS while parsing
> >
> > It looks like you have the Calendar configured correctly on the device,
> > since it looks like it is trying to send up VCard records (which are
> > calendar entries). It also looks like the username etc. is being sent up
> > correctly.
> >
> > You might want to find out from your phone vendor why this device is
sending
> > up invalid information. Have you tried this with other Nokia 6320s in
your
> > organization?
> >
> > Matt..
> >
> > "Gabor Fodor" <gabor_fodor@bat.com> wrote in message
> > news:41652f8b@forums-2-dub...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Unfortunatelly I was not able to manage the sync on SyncML on Nokia
> > > 6230. However I tried from an emulator (SDK 2.0) which has bug.
> > > Otherwise still I have the question to set up real phone and what the
> > > hell is "Calendar Database Address"???????
> > >
> > > So at least to see whether it is working on Pylon I tried a different
> > > approach. I installed Sync4j (a free SyncML sw) on my i-Mate windows
> > > mobile 2003. Set it up, but it doesn't work.
> > >
> > > I switched on darkstar verbose logging; see attachement.
> > >
> > > It looks to me that the username/pwd were encoded into unrecognisable
> > > format.
> > >
> > > I tried to switch off encryption in Pylon (AES), change OS language
> > > settings, but no result.
> > >
> > > The only problem it must work on Nokia 6230 as it is our company
mobile
> > > phone and no chance to change to a more expensive on which Pylon Agent
> > > can be installed.
> > >
> > > Any idea highly appreciated!
> > >
> > > thanks, Gabor
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>