Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

userobject

4 posts in Objects Last posting was on 2004-10-28 13:14:54.0Z
Talaynews Posted on 2004-10-24 12:29:37.0Z
Sender: 4792.417b9f1e.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Talaynews
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
Subject: userobject
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <417ba031.4796.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 24 Oct 2004 05:29:37 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1098620977 10.22.241.41 (24 Oct 2004 05:29:37 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 24 Oct 2004 05:29:37 -0700, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 2
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:8058
Article PK: 735326

How do i create userobject(line)?
I want to create line with instant by userobject.


Brad Wery Posted on 2004-10-25 13:55:36.0Z
From: Brad Wery <bradweryatagricoreunited.com>
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624 Netscape/7.1 (ax)
X-Accept-Language: en-us, en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
Subject: Re: userobject
References: <417ba031.4796.1681692777@sybase.com>
In-Reply-To: <417ba031.4796.1681692777@sybase.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: ugg10.unitedgrain.ca
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: ugg10.unitedgrain.ca
Message-ID: <417d05d8$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 25 Oct 2004 06:55:36 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1098712536 165.23.247.49 (25 Oct 2004 06:55:36 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 25 Oct 2004 06:55:36 -0700, ugg10.unitedgrain.ca
Lines: 22
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:8059
Article PK: 735325

Line is not an option in the list of standard visual objects to inherit
from. You could do something else though. Create a new standard visual
user object of any kind, say for example statictext. Save it using the
name you would give your line user object. Modify the source of the
object. Where it reads "from statictext" replace with "from line", this
should be in two spots. Remove all the statictext properties and replace
with the following line properties:

long linecolor = 33554432
integer linethickness = 2
integer beginy = 10
integer endx = 324
integer endy = 10

I hope this is what you were looking for.

Brad

Talaynews wrote:
> How do i create userobject(line)?
> I want to create line with instant by userobject.


enjoy Posted on 2004-10-27 08:02:58.0Z
Sender: 769f.417f3bb3.1804289383@sybase.com
From: enjoy
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
Subject: Re: userobject
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <417f5632.7707.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <417d05d8$1@forums-1-dub>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 27 Oct 2004 01:02:58 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1098864178 10.22.241.41 (27 Oct 2004 01:02:58 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 27 Oct 2004 01:02:58 -0700, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 46
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:8063
Article PK: 735334

hi

i follow ur instrution to make line userboject and chang
property already so i have line Userobject .

but when i write this script
' uo_line uo_line1
w_product.openUserObJect(uo_line1,500,500) '

it show error "Type of actual Parameter can't be ancester of
formal reference parameter type "

and if chang uo_line to other standard object so it can work
^O^"

thanks for suggestion

> Line is not an option in the list of standard visual
> objects to inherit from. You could do something else
> though. Create a new standard visual user object of any
> kind, say for example statictext. Save it using the name
> you would give your line user object. Modify the source of
> the object. Where it reads "from statictext" replace with
> "from line", this should be in two spots. Remove all the
> statictext properties and replace with the following line
> properties:
>
> long linecolor = 33554432
> integer linethickness = 2
> integer beginy = 10
> integer endx = 324
> integer endy = 10
>
> I hope this is what you were looking for.
>
> Brad
>
> Talaynews wrote:
> > How do i create userobject(line)?
> > I want to create line with instant by userobject.
>


Brad Wery Posted on 2004-10-28 13:14:54.0Z
From: Brad Wery <bradweryatagricoreunited.com>
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624 Netscape/7.1 (ax)
X-Accept-Language: en-us, en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
Subject: Re: userobject
References: <417d05d8$1@forums-1-dub> <417f5632.7707.1681692777@sybase.com>
In-Reply-To: <417f5632.7707.1681692777@sybase.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: ugg10.unitedgrain.ca
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: ugg10.unitedgrain.ca
Message-ID: <4180f0ce$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 28 Oct 2004 06:14:54 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1098969294 165.23.247.49 (28 Oct 2004 06:14:54 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 28 Oct 2004 06:14:54 -0700, ugg10.unitedgrain.ca
Lines: 55
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:8067
Article PK: 735335

Instead of a line you could use a static text object which will offer a
similar visual effect.

Brad

enjoy wrote:
> hi
>
> i follow ur instrution to make line userboject and chang
> property already so i have line Userobject .
>
> but when i write this script
> ' uo_line uo_line1
> w_product.openUserObJect(uo_line1,500,500) '
>
> it show error "Type of actual Parameter can't be ancester of
> formal reference parameter type "
>
> and if chang uo_line to other standard object so it can work
> ^O^"
>
> thanks for suggestion
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>>Line is not an option in the list of standard visual
>>objects to inherit from. You could do something else
>>though. Create a new standard visual user object of any
>>kind, say for example statictext. Save it using the name
>>you would give your line user object. Modify the source of
>>the object. Where it reads "from statictext" replace with
>>"from line", this should be in two spots. Remove all the
>>statictext properties and replace with the following line
>>properties:
>>
>>long linecolor = 33554432
>>integer linethickness = 2
>>integer beginy = 10
>>integer endx = 324
>>integer endy = 10
>>
>>I hope this is what you were looking for.
>>
>>Brad
>>
>>Talaynews wrote:
>>
>>>How do i create userobject(line)?
>>>I want to create line with instant by userobject.
>>