Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Agent installation on PDA hanging

6 posts in General Discussion Last posting was on 2004-11-16 16:48:31.0Z
Evelyn Dobkin Posted on 2004-10-29 13:44:07.0Z
Message-ID: <41824771.5E639EFF@powervision.com>
From: Evelyn Dobkin <edobkin@powervision.com>
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.72 [en] (WinNT; U)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Agent installation on PDA hanging
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: h-64-105-58-216.miatflad.covad.net
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: h-64-105-58-216.miatflad.covad.net
Date: 29 Oct 2004 06:44:07 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1099057447 64.105.58.216 (29 Oct 2004 06:44:07 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 29 Oct 2004 06:44:07 -0700, h-64-105-58-216.miatflad.covad.net
Lines: 20
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:3802
Article PK: 7699

Hello

I have a Pocket PC runningWindows Mobile 2003 that I am trying to
install the Manage Anywhere agent on. I have successfully installed on 2
other Pocket PCs without a problem. This particular one (Samsung with
phone) had the battery drained and I lost the agent software I had on
before. I have been able to download the cab file without a problem.
Then the installation appears to be running but just hangs there and
never completes. All I see is a window that says Installing Manage
Anywhere Studio Agent. There is a Cancel button on that window but it
doesn't work either.

Has anyone seen a problem like this or know how to fix it?

I am running Manage Anywhere Studio 5.2.1542.

Thanks,

Evelyn


Eric Bencina Posted on 2004-11-02 20:33:00.0Z
From: "Eric Bencina" <no_spam_ebencina@sybase.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
References: <41824771.5E639EFF@powervision.com>
Subject: Re: Agent installation on PDA hanging
Lines: 31
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1437
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1441
NNTP-Posting-Host: ebencina-xp.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: ebencina-xp.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4187fd0c$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 2 Nov 2004 13:33:00 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1099431180 10.25.98.252 (2 Nov 2004 13:33:00 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 2 Nov 2004 13:33:00 -0700, ebencina-xp.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: techsupp
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:3807
Article PK: 7703

Evelyn,

What is the exact model of the Samsung phone?

Eric Bencina
iAnywhere Solutions

"Evelyn Dobkin" <edobkin@powervision.com> wrote in message
news:41824771.5E639EFF@powervision.com...
> Hello
>
> I have a Pocket PC runningWindows Mobile 2003 that I am trying to
> install the Manage Anywhere agent on. I have successfully installed on 2
> other Pocket PCs without a problem. This particular one (Samsung with
> phone) had the battery drained and I lost the agent software I had on
> before. I have been able to download the cab file without a problem.
> Then the installation appears to be running but just hangs there and
> never completes. All I see is a window that says Installing Manage
> Anywhere Studio Agent. There is a Cancel button on that window but it
> doesn't work either.
>
> Has anyone seen a problem like this or know how to fix it?
>
> I am running Manage Anywhere Studio 5.2.1542.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Evelyn
>


Evelyn Dobkin Posted on 2004-11-08 14:21:05.0Z
Message-ID: <418F7EE3.5D5EC707@powervision.com>
From: Evelyn Dobkin <edobkin@powervision.com>
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.72 [en] (WinNT; U)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Re: Agent installation on PDA hanging
References: <41824771.5E639EFF@powervision.com> <4187fd0c$1@forums-1-dub>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: h-64-105-58-216.miatflad.covad.net
X-Original-Trace: 8 Nov 2004 06:21:01 -0800, h-64-105-58-216.miatflad.covad.net
Lines: 41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 8 Nov 2004 06:21:02 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 8 Nov 2004 06:21:05 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1099923665 10.22.108.75 (8 Nov 2004 06:21:05 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 8 Nov 2004 06:21:05 -0800, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:3822
Article PK: 7719

Eric,

I didn't see your post until now. The Samsung is SPH-i700. It is a Verizon
phone. I'd appreciate any information.

Thanks!

Evelyn

Eric Bencina wrote:

> Evelyn,
>
> What is the exact model of the Samsung phone?
>
> Eric Bencina
> iAnywhere Solutions
>
> "Evelyn Dobkin" <edobkin@powervision.com> wrote in message
> news:41824771.5E639EFF@powervision.com...
> > Hello
> >
> > I have a Pocket PC runningWindows Mobile 2003 that I am trying to
> > install the Manage Anywhere agent on. I have successfully installed on 2
> > other Pocket PCs without a problem. This particular one (Samsung with
> > phone) had the battery drained and I lost the agent software I had on
> > before. I have been able to download the cab file without a problem.
> > Then the installation appears to be running but just hangs there and
> > never completes. All I see is a window that says Installing Manage
> > Anywhere Studio Agent. There is a Cancel button on that window but it
> > doesn't work either.
> >
> > Has anyone seen a problem like this or know how to fix it?
> >
> > I am running Manage Anywhere Studio 5.2.1542.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Evelyn
> >


Eric Bencina Posted on 2004-11-10 17:38:15.0Z
From: "Eric Bencina" <no_spam_ebencina@sybase.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
References: <41824771.5E639EFF@powervision.com> <4187fd0c$1@forums-1-dub> <418F7EE3.5D5EC707@powervision.com>
Subject: Re: Agent installation on PDA hanging
Lines: 52
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1437
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1441
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: ebencina-xp.sybase.com
Message-ID: <41925205$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 10 Nov 2004 09:38:13 -0800, ebencina-xp.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 10 Nov 2004 09:38:14 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 10 Nov 2004 09:38:15 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1100108295 10.22.108.75 (10 Nov 2004 09:38:15 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 10 Nov 2004 09:38:15 -0800, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:3851
Article PK: 7744

The SPH-i700 uses Pocket PC 2002 Phone Edition, and the MAS PPC Agent is not
supported on this platform.

Eric Bencina
iAnywhere Solutions

"Evelyn Dobkin" <edobkin@powervision.com> wrote in message
news:418F7EE3.5D5EC707@powervision.com...
> Eric,
>
> I didn't see your post until now. The Samsung is SPH-i700. It is a Verizon
> phone. I'd appreciate any information.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Evelyn
>
> Eric Bencina wrote:
>
> > Evelyn,
> >
> > What is the exact model of the Samsung phone?
> >
> > Eric Bencina
> > iAnywhere Solutions
> >
> > "Evelyn Dobkin" <edobkin@powervision.com> wrote in message
> > news:41824771.5E639EFF@powervision.com...
> > > Hello
> > >
> > > I have a Pocket PC runningWindows Mobile 2003 that I am trying to
> > > install the Manage Anywhere agent on. I have successfully installed on
2
> > > other Pocket PCs without a problem. This particular one (Samsung with
> > > phone) had the battery drained and I lost the agent software I had on
> > > before. I have been able to download the cab file without a problem.
> > > Then the installation appears to be running but just hangs there and
> > > never completes. All I see is a window that says Installing Manage
> > > Anywhere Studio Agent. There is a Cancel button on that window but it
> > > doesn't work either.
> > >
> > > Has anyone seen a problem like this or know how to fix it?
> > >
> > > I am running Manage Anywhere Studio 5.2.1542.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Evelyn
> > >
>


Evelyn Dobkin Posted on 2004-11-10 17:54:01.0Z
Message-ID: <419253A5.C6EFB4E3@powervision.com>
From: Evelyn Dobkin <edobkin@powervision.com>
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.72 [en] (WinNT; U)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Re: Agent installation on PDA hanging
References: <41824771.5E639EFF@powervision.com> <4187fd0c$1@forums-1-dub> <418F7EE3.5D5EC707@powervision.com> <41925205$1@forums-2-dub>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: h-64-105-58-216.miatflad.covad.net
X-Original-Trace: 10 Nov 2004 09:53:59 -0800, h-64-105-58-216.miatflad.covad.net
Lines: 67
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 10 Nov 2004 09:54:00 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 10 Nov 2004 09:54:01 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1100109241 10.22.108.75 (10 Nov 2004 09:54:01 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 10 Nov 2004 09:54:01 -0800, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:3853
Article PK: 7750

I had updated both of my SPH-i700 devices to Windows Mobile 2003 . Both were
working fine with the MAS Windows CE agent. My other SPH-i700 is still working.
But this particular one had a battery drain and I re-installed the Windows Mobil
2003. The install of the MAS agent, like I said, just hangs and doesn't work.
Why would it work before and continue to work on another identical device? Is
that just lucky??

Is the Pocket PC 2002 Phone Edition something different than the Windows Mobile
2003 OS?

Thanks,

Evelyn

Eric Bencina wrote:

> The SPH-i700 uses Pocket PC 2002 Phone Edition, and the MAS PPC Agent is not
> supported on this platform.
>
> Eric Bencina
> iAnywhere Solutions
>
> "Evelyn Dobkin" <edobkin@powervision.com> wrote in message
> news:418F7EE3.5D5EC707@powervision.com...
> > Eric,
> >
> > I didn't see your post until now. The Samsung is SPH-i700. It is a Verizon
> > phone. I'd appreciate any information.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Evelyn
> >
> > Eric Bencina wrote:
> >
> > > Evelyn,
> > >
> > > What is the exact model of the Samsung phone?
> > >
> > > Eric Bencina
> > > iAnywhere Solutions
> > >
> > > "Evelyn Dobkin" <edobkin@powervision.com> wrote in message
> > > news:41824771.5E639EFF@powervision.com...
> > > > Hello
> > > >
> > > > I have a Pocket PC runningWindows Mobile 2003 that I am trying to
> > > > install the Manage Anywhere agent on. I have successfully installed on
> 2
> > > > other Pocket PCs without a problem. This particular one (Samsung with
> > > > phone) had the battery drained and I lost the agent software I had on
> > > > before. I have been able to download the cab file without a problem.
> > > > Then the installation appears to be running but just hangs there and
> > > > never completes. All I see is a window that says Installing Manage
> > > > Anywhere Studio Agent. There is a Cancel button on that window but it
> > > > doesn't work either.
> > > >
> > > > Has anyone seen a problem like this or know how to fix it?
> > > >
> > > > I am running Manage Anywhere Studio 5.2.1542.
> > > >
> > > > Thanks,
> > > >
> > > > Evelyn
> > > >
> >


Evelyn Dobkin Posted on 2004-11-16 16:48:31.0Z
Message-ID: <419A2D07.CC563EB@powervision.com>
From: Evelyn Dobkin <edobkin@powervision.com>
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.72 [en] (WinNT; U)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Re: Agent installation on PDA hanging
References: <41824771.5E639EFF@powervision.com> <4187fd0c$1@forums-1-dub> <418F7EE3.5D5EC707@powervision.com> <41925205$1@forums-2-dub> <419253A5.C6EFB4E3@powervision.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: h-64-105-58-216.miatflad.covad.net
X-Original-Trace: 16 Nov 2004 08:48:28 -0800, h-64-105-58-216.miatflad.covad.net
Lines: 76
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 16 Nov 2004 08:48:28 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 16 Nov 2004 08:48:31 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1100623711 10.22.108.75 (16 Nov 2004 08:48:31 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 16 Nov 2004 08:48:31 -0800, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:3882
Article PK: 7778

Just in case anyone is looking here with this same problem, I have solved it.

The problem seems to be that the cab file downloaded into the Pocket PC directory on
the PDA and not the Program Files directory. I just happened to see it there today
and moved it into the Program Files directory. This time it ran flawlessly and the
MAS Windows CE agent is running again without a problem.

Evelyn Dobkin wrote:

> I had updated both of my SPH-i700 devices to Windows Mobile 2003 . Both were
> working fine with the MAS Windows CE agent. My other SPH-i700 is still working.
> But this particular one had a battery drain and I re-installed the Windows Mobil
> 2003. The install of the MAS agent, like I said, just hangs and doesn't work.
> Why would it work before and continue to work on another identical device? Is
> that just lucky??
>
> Is the Pocket PC 2002 Phone Edition something different than the Windows Mobile
> 2003 OS?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Evelyn
>
> Eric Bencina wrote:
>
> > The SPH-i700 uses Pocket PC 2002 Phone Edition, and the MAS PPC Agent is not
> > supported on this platform.
> >
> > Eric Bencina
> > iAnywhere Solutions
> >
> > "Evelyn Dobkin" <edobkin@powervision.com> wrote in message
> > news:418F7EE3.5D5EC707@powervision.com...
> > > Eric,
> > >
> > > I didn't see your post until now. The Samsung is SPH-i700. It is a Verizon
> > > phone. I'd appreciate any information.
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > Evelyn
> > >
> > > Eric Bencina wrote:
> > >
> > > > Evelyn,
> > > >
> > > > What is the exact model of the Samsung phone?
> > > >
> > > > Eric Bencina
> > > > iAnywhere Solutions
> > > >
> > > > "Evelyn Dobkin" <edobkin@powervision.com> wrote in message
> > > > news:41824771.5E639EFF@powervision.com...
> > > > > Hello
> > > > >
> > > > > I have a Pocket PC runningWindows Mobile 2003 that I am trying to
> > > > > install the Manage Anywhere agent on. I have successfully installed on
> > 2
> > > > > other Pocket PCs without a problem. This particular one (Samsung with
> > > > > phone) had the battery drained and I lost the agent software I had on
> > > > > before. I have been able to download the cab file without a problem.
> > > > > Then the installation appears to be running but just hangs there and
> > > > > never completes. All I see is a window that says Installing Manage
> > > > > Anywhere Studio Agent. There is a Cancel button on that window but it
> > > > > doesn't work either.
> > > > >
> > > > > Has anyone seen a problem like this or know how to fix it?
> > > > >
> > > > > I am running Manage Anywhere Studio 5.2.1542.
> > > > >
> > > > > Thanks,
> > > > >
> > > > > Evelyn
> > > > >
> > >