Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

J2EE Applications

7 posts in Appeon (partner product) Last posting was on 2004-11-13 19:37:36.0Z
Chuck Posted on 2004-11-10 20:16:37.0Z
From: "Chuck" <someone@sybase.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
Subject: J2EE Applications
Lines: 9
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1437
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1441
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: edge1a.lmco.com
Message-ID: <41927722@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 10 Nov 2004 12:16:34 -0800, edge1a.lmco.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 10 Nov 2004 12:16:35 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 10 Nov 2004 12:16:37 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1100117797 10.22.108.75 (10 Nov 2004 12:16:37 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 10 Nov 2004 12:16:37 -0800, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:550
Article PK: 12595

In addition to PowerBuilder applications that I will be deploying to Appeon,
can J2EE applications written entirely in JAVA be deployed and run from
Appeon EAServer?

Thank you

Chuck


Chuck Posted on 2004-11-11 15:17:30.0Z
From: "Chuck" <someone@sybase.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
References: <41927722@forums-2-dub>
Subject: Re: J2EE Applications
Lines: 20
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1437
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1441
NNTP-Posting-Host: edge1a.lmco.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: edge1a.lmco.com
Message-ID: <4193828a$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 11 Nov 2004 07:17:30 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1100186250 192.31.106.194 (11 Nov 2004 07:17:30 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 11 Nov 2004 07:17:30 -0800, edge1a.lmco.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:551
Article PK: 12594

Is there anyone that can answer this question?

Thanks

Chuck

"Chuck" <someone@sybase.com> wrote in message news:41927722@forums-2-dub...
> In addition to PowerBuilder applications that I will be deploying to
Appeon,
> can J2EE applications written entirely in JAVA be deployed and run from
> Appeon EAServer?
>
> Thank you
>
> Chuck
>
>


Mark Maslow Posted on 2004-11-11 17:47:28.0Z
From: Mark Maslow <mark.maslow@sierraclub.org>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
Subject: Re: J2EE Applications
Message-ID: <MPG.1bfd4586411a88879897c3@forums.sybase.com>
References: <41927722@forums-2-dub> <4193828a$1@forums-1-dub>
Organization: Sierra Club
X-Newsreader: MicroPlanet Gravity v2.60
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 207.90.163.1
X-Original-Trace: 11 Nov 2004 09:47:24 -0800, 207.90.163.1
Lines: 24
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 11 Nov 2004 09:47:25 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 11 Nov 2004 09:47:28 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1100195248 10.22.108.75 (11 Nov 2004 09:47:28 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 11 Nov 2004 09:47:28 -0800, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:552
Article PK: 20797

Yes - EAServer is a J2EE 1.3 certified server.

In article <4193828a$1@forums-1-dub>, someone@sybase.com says...

> Is there anyone that can answer this question?
>
> Thanks
>
> Chuck
>
>
> "Chuck" <someone@sybase.com> wrote in message news:41927722@forums-2-dub...
> > In addition to PowerBuilder applications that I will be deploying to
> Appeon,
> > can J2EE applications written entirely in JAVA be deployed and run from
> > Appeon EAServer?
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > Chuck
> >
> >
>
>
>


Jonathan Baker [Sybase] Posted on 2004-11-13 04:47:01.0Z
From: "Jonathan Baker [Sybase]" <bakerj@sybase.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
References: <41927722@forums-2-dub>
Subject: Re: J2EE Applications
Lines: 20
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2180
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 210.54.29.128
Message-ID: <419591c0$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 12 Nov 2004 20:46:56 -0800, 210.54.29.128
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 12 Nov 2004 20:46:58 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 12 Nov 2004 20:47:01 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1100321221 10.22.108.75 (12 Nov 2004 20:47:01 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 12 Nov 2004 20:47:01 -0800, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:556
Article PK: 12597

Although it's possible (lots of things are possible), Sybase doesn't support
this. Also, we don't have any date set for J2EE 1.4 with Appeon.


Jonathan

"Chuck" <someone@sybase.com> wrote in message news:41927722@forums-2-dub...
> In addition to PowerBuilder applications that I will be deploying to Appeon,
> can J2EE applications written entirely in JAVA be deployed and run from
> Appeon EAServer?
>
> Thank you
>
> Chuck
>
>


Rex Geissler Posted on 2004-11-13 19:37:36.0Z
From: "Rex Geissler" <Rex.Geissler@sybase.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
References: <41927722@forums-2-dub> <419591c0$1@forums-2-dub>
Subject: Re: J2EE Applications
Lines: 34
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1106
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1106
NNTP-Posting-Host: vpn-dub-030.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vpn-dub-030.sybase.com
Message-ID: <41966280$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 13 Nov 2004 11:37:36 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1100374656 10.22.120.30 (13 Nov 2004 11:37:36 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 13 Nov 2004 11:37:36 -0800, vpn-dub-030.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: techsupp
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:557
Article PK: 12596

I believe there is a misunderstanding here. Sybase does support J2EE 1.3
apps in Appeon Server as a full license of EAServer Advanced Edition is
included in the Appeon product.

Regards, Rex

"Jonathan Baker [Sybase]" <bakerj@sybase.com> wrote in message
news:419591c0$1@forums-2-dub...
> Although it's possible (lots of things are possible), Sybase doesn't
support
> this. Also, we don't have any date set for J2EE 1.4 with Appeon.
>
>
> Jonathan
>
>
>
> "Chuck" <someone@sybase.com> wrote in message
news:41927722@forums-2-dub...
> > In addition to PowerBuilder applications that I will be deploying to
Appeon,
> > can J2EE applications written entirely in JAVA be deployed and run from
> > Appeon EAServer?
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > Chuck
> >
> >
>
>


Rex Geissler Posted on 2004-11-11 20:06:31.0Z
From: "Rex Geissler" <Rex.Geissler@sybase.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
References: <41927722@forums-2-dub>
Subject: Re: J2EE Applications
Lines: 39
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1106
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1106
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: rgeissle-w2k.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4193c643$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 11 Nov 2004 12:06:27 -0800, rgeissle-w2k.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 11 Nov 2004 12:06:28 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 11 Nov 2004 12:06:31 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1100203591 10.22.108.75 (11 Nov 2004 12:06:31 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 11 Nov 2004 12:06:31 -0800, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:553
Article PK: 20796

Hi Chuck,

Appeon Server supports multiple application models including J2EE Java
Applications, Appeon for PowerBuilder Web Applications, JSP to PowerBuilder
NVO/Java Web Applications, PowerBuilder Windows Client to PowerBuilder
NVO/Java Applications, C/C++ Components, and other Rich Clients with
CORBA-based Proxy Applications. All functionality from the base Enterprise
Application Server Advanced Edition product is enabled in Appeon Server.

One consideration to keep in mind is that as you add more and more
applications to the Appeon Server (i.e. 3 Appeon Web Applications, 2 J2EE
apps, etc.), that will obviously impact the performance as more and more
users hit the server.

Please consider the following links that provide much more detail including
the Programmer's Guide.

http://www.sybase.com/detail/1,6904,1028518,00.html

http://sybooks.sybase.com/onlinebooks/group-eag/eag0510e

Regards, Rex

"Chuck" <someone@sybase.com> wrote in message news:41927722@forums-2-dub...
> In addition to PowerBuilder applications that I will be deploying to
Appeon,
> can J2EE applications written entirely in JAVA be deployed and run from
> Appeon EAServer?
>
> Thank you
>
> Chuck
>
>


Chuck Posted on 2004-11-11 21:09:08.0Z
From: "Chuck" <someone@sybase.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
References: <41927722@forums-2-dub> <4193c643$1@forums-2-dub>
Subject: Re: J2EE Applications
Lines: 58
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1437
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1441
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: edge1a.lmco.com
Message-ID: <4193d4f0$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 11 Nov 2004 13:09:04 -0800, edge1a.lmco.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 11 Nov 2004 13:09:05 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 11 Nov 2004 13:09:08 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1100207348 10.22.108.75 (11 Nov 2004 13:09:08 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 11 Nov 2004 13:09:08 -0800, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:554
Article PK: 20802

Rex,

Thank you for the information. I need to verify this before purchase of the
Appeon as I want to utilize one web / application server for PowerBuilder
and J2EE and possibly .NET in the future instead of having the cost of
multiple application servers. This will save us a lot...

Thanks again...

Chuck

"Rex Geissler" <Rex.Geissler@sybase.com> wrote in message
news:4193c643$1@forums-2-dub...
> Hi Chuck,
>
> Appeon Server supports multiple application models including J2EE Java
> Applications, Appeon for PowerBuilder Web Applications, JSP to
PowerBuilder
> NVO/Java Web Applications, PowerBuilder Windows Client to PowerBuilder
> NVO/Java Applications, C/C++ Components, and other Rich Clients with
> CORBA-based Proxy Applications. All functionality from the base Enterprise
> Application Server Advanced Edition product is enabled in Appeon Server.
>
> One consideration to keep in mind is that as you add more and more
> applications to the Appeon Server (i.e. 3 Appeon Web Applications, 2 J2EE
> apps, etc.), that will obviously impact the performance as more and more
> users hit the server.
>
> Please consider the following links that provide much more detail
including
> the Programmer's Guide.
>
> http://www.sybase.com/detail/1,6904,1028518,00.html
>
> http://sybooks.sybase.com/onlinebooks/group-eag/eag0510e
>
> Regards, Rex
>
>
>
> "Chuck" <someone@sybase.com> wrote in message
news:41927722@forums-2-dub...
> > In addition to PowerBuilder applications that I will be deploying to
> Appeon,
> > can J2EE applications written entirely in JAVA be deployed and run from
> > Appeon EAServer?
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > Chuck
> >
> >
>
>
>