Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Catching error raised from a trigger to DW.Net

7 posts in DataWindow .NET Last posting was on 2004-11-14 16:19:03.0Z
Harshad Rathod Posted on 2004-11-12 15:57:27.0Z
Sender: 3cab.4194d90c.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Harshad Rathod
Newsgroups: sybase.public.datawindow.net
Subject: Catching error raised from a trigger to DW.Net
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4194dd67.3d13.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 12 Nov 2004 07:57:27 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1100275047 10.22.241.41 (12 Nov 2004 07:57:27 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 12 Nov 2004 07:57:27 -0800, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 13
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.datawindow.net:700
Article PK: 125127

Say, an insert trigger on Sybase or Microsoft SQL Server
raises an error and does a rollback. This error does not
propogate as a Sybase.Datawindow exception in DW.Net. In
Powerbuilder you can check SQLCA.SQLdbcode that catches the
error number raised by the back-end.

How can I check this error raised by the back-end in DW.Net?

My environment: Visual Studio 2003, DW.Net 1.0 Build 5064 (I
think), C#, MS SQL Server 2000.

Thanks.
Harshad@visualerp.com


dfish Posted on 2004-11-12 18:52:52.0Z
From: dfish@_no_spam_sybase.com (Dave Fish [Team Sybase])
Newsgroups: sybase.public.datawindow.net
Subject: Re: Catching error raised from a trigger to DW.Net
Organization: Sybase Professional Services
Reply-To: nospam_dfish@sybase.com_nospam
Message-ID: <41950644.8675244@forums.sybase.com>
References: <4194dd67.3d13.1681692777@sybase.com>
X-Newsreader: Forte Free Agent 1.21/32.243
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vpn-dub-217.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 12 Nov 2004 10:52:48 -0800, vpn-dub-217.sybase.com
Lines: 38
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 12 Nov 2004 10:52:49 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 12 Nov 2004 10:52:52 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1100285572 10.22.108.75 (12 Nov 2004 10:52:52 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 12 Nov 2004 10:52:52 -0800, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.datawindow.net:701
Article PK: 125128

Did you try using the DbErrorException?

Try
DWC1.UpdateData()
Catch ex As Sybase.DataWindow.DbErrorException
If ex.SqlDbCode <> 0 Then
SQLCA.Rollback()
MsgBox(ex.SqlErrorText)
Return
End If
SQLCA.Commit()
End Try

Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase

TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs

DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange:
http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com

On 12 Nov 2004 07:57:27 -0800, Harshad Rathod wrote:

>Say, an insert trigger on Sybase or Microsoft SQL Server
>raises an error and does a rollback. This error does not
>propogate as a Sybase.Datawindow exception in DW.Net. In
>Powerbuilder you can check SQLCA.SQLdbcode that catches the
>error number raised by the back-end.
>
>How can I check this error raised by the back-end in DW.Net?
>
>My environment: Visual Studio 2003, DW.Net 1.0 Build 5064 (I
>think), C#, MS SQL Server 2000.
>
>Thanks.
>Harshad@visualerp.com


Harshad Rathod Posted on 2004-11-12 20:50:26.0Z
Sender: 3fb2.41952038.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Harshad Rathod
Newsgroups: sybase.public.datawindow.net
Subject: Re: Catching error raised from a trigger to DW.Net
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <41952212.3feb.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <41950644.8675244@forums.sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 12 Nov 2004 12:50:26 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1100292626 10.22.241.41 (12 Nov 2004 12:50:26 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 12 Nov 2004 12:50:26 -0800, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 70
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.datawindow.net:703
Article PK: 125129

This is what I have.
try
{
dataWindowControl1.UpdateData(true, false);
}
catch (Sybase.DataWindow.DbErrorException ex)
{
MessageBox.Show(ex.SqlErrorText +
"\n\nNo changes made to the database.",
"Database Error", MessageBoxButtons.OK,
MessageBoxIcon.Warning);
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
MessageBox.Show(ex.ToString() +
"\n\nNo changes made to the database.",
"Unexpected Exception", MessageBoxButtons.OK,
MessageBoxIcon.Warning);
}


It does not reach any section of catch blocks. There is no
exception. Strange enough, even in DW Designer it does not
show any error message, as if it updated data OK. I checked
the same error situation in PB and I can see SQLCA.SQLdbcode
= 33147 (That is the error trigger raises.)

Hope I am giving you enough info.

Thanks for your help.
Best Regards.
Harashad.
Did you try using the DbErrorException?

>
> Try
> DWC1.UpdateData()
> Catch ex As Sybase.DataWindow.DbErrorException
> If ex.SqlDbCode <> 0 Then
> SQLCA.Rollback()
> MsgBox(ex.SqlErrorText)
> Return
> End If
> SQLCA.Commit()
> End Try
>
> Regards,
> Dave Fish
> Sybase
>
> TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs
>
> DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange:
> http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com
>
> On 12 Nov 2004 07:57:27 -0800, Harshad Rathod wrote:
>
> >Say, an insert trigger on Sybase or Microsoft SQL Server
> >raises an error and does a rollback. This error does not
> >propogate as a Sybase.Datawindow exception in DW.Net. In
> >Powerbuilder you can check SQLCA.SQLdbcode that catches
> the >error number raised by the back-end.
> >
> >How can I check this error raised by the back-end in
> DW.Net? >
> >My environment: Visual Studio 2003, DW.Net 1.0 Build 5064
> (I >think), C#, MS SQL Server 2000.
> >
> >Thanks.
> >Harshad@visualerp.com
>


dfish Posted on 2004-11-12 23:47:23.0Z
From: dfish@_no_spam_sybase.com (Dave Fish [Team Sybase])
Newsgroups: sybase.public.datawindow.net
Subject: Re: Catching error raised from a trigger to DW.Net
Organization: Sybase Professional Services
Reply-To: nospam_dfish@sybase.com_nospam
Message-ID: <41954b4b.26343079@forums.sybase.com>
References: <41950644.8675244@forums.sybase.com> <41952212.3feb.1681692777@sybase.com>
X-Newsreader: Forte Free Agent 1.21/32.243
NNTP-Posting-Host: vpn-dub-217.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vpn-dub-217.sybase.com
Date: 12 Nov 2004 15:47:23 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1100303243 10.22.120.217 (12 Nov 2004 15:47:23 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 12 Nov 2004 15:47:23 -0800, vpn-dub-217.sybase.com
Lines: 86
X-Authenticated-User: TeamSybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.datawindow.net:705
Article PK: 125131

What database interface are you using (ADO .NET, OLE DB, ODBC)?

You may want to open a case with technical support on this.

Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase

TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs

DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange:
http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com

On 12 Nov 2004 12:50:26 -0800, Harshad Rathod wrote:

>This is what I have.
>try
>{
> dataWindowControl1.UpdateData(true, false);
>}
>catch (Sybase.DataWindow.DbErrorException ex)
>{
> MessageBox.Show(ex.SqlErrorText +
> "\n\nNo changes made to the database.",
> "Database Error", MessageBoxButtons.OK,
> MessageBoxIcon.Warning);
>}
>catch (Exception ex)
>{
> MessageBox.Show(ex.ToString() +
> "\n\nNo changes made to the database.",
> "Unexpected Exception", MessageBoxButtons.OK,
> MessageBoxIcon.Warning);
>}
>
>
>It does not reach any section of catch blocks. There is no
>exception. Strange enough, even in DW Designer it does not
>show any error message, as if it updated data OK. I checked
>the same error situation in PB and I can see SQLCA.SQLdbcode
>= 33147 (That is the error trigger raises.)
>
>Hope I am giving you enough info.
>
>Thanks for your help.
>Best Regards.
>Harashad.
>Did you try using the DbErrorException?
>>
>> Try
>> DWC1.UpdateData()
>> Catch ex As Sybase.DataWindow.DbErrorException
>> If ex.SqlDbCode <> 0 Then
>> SQLCA.Rollback()
>> MsgBox(ex.SqlErrorText)
>> Return
>> End If
>> SQLCA.Commit()
>> End Try
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave Fish
>> Sybase
>>
>> TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs
>>
>> DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange:
>> http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com
>>
>> On 12 Nov 2004 07:57:27 -0800, Harshad Rathod wrote:
>>
>> >Say, an insert trigger on Sybase or Microsoft SQL Server
>> >raises an error and does a rollback. This error does not
>> >propogate as a Sybase.Datawindow exception in DW.Net. In
>> >Powerbuilder you can check SQLCA.SQLdbcode that catches
>> the >error number raised by the back-end.
>> >
>> >How can I check this error raised by the back-end in
>> DW.Net? >
>> >My environment: Visual Studio 2003, DW.Net 1.0 Build 5064
>> (I >think), C#, MS SQL Server 2000.
>> >
>> >Thanks.
>> >Harshad@visualerp.com
>>


Harshad Rathod Posted on 2004-11-13 15:51:06.0Z
Sender: 3ff8.419522a3.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Harshad Rathod
Newsgroups: sybase.public.datawindow.net
Subject: Re: Catching error raised from a trigger to DW.Net
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <41962d6a.4799.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <41954b4b.26343079@forums.sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 13 Nov 2004 07:51:06 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1100361066 10.22.241.41 (13 Nov 2004 07:51:06 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 13 Nov 2004 07:51:06 -0800, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 97
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.datawindow.net:709
Article PK: 125134

I am using SQLOLEDB with MS SQL Server.

I tested without a try block, still no exception. I tested
leaving some fields null and in that case it does throw an
exception. So, when an error is raised by the back-end with
a raiserror statement, DW.Net does not catch it.

Thanks.

> What database interface are you using (ADO .NET, OLE DB,
> ODBC)?
>
> You may want to open a case with technical support on
> this.
>
> Regards,
> Dave Fish
> Sybase
>
> TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs
>
> DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange:
> http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com
>
> On 12 Nov 2004 12:50:26 -0800, Harshad Rathod wrote:
>
> >This is what I have.
> >try
> >{
> > dataWindowControl1.UpdateData(true, false);
> >}
> >catch (Sybase.DataWindow.DbErrorException ex)
> >{
> > MessageBox.Show(ex.SqlErrorText +
> > "\n\nNo changes made to the database.",
> > "Database Error", MessageBoxButtons.OK,
> > MessageBoxIcon.Warning);
> >}
> >catch (Exception ex)
> >{
> > MessageBox.Show(ex.ToString() +
> > "\n\nNo changes made to the database.",
> > "Unexpected Exception", MessageBoxButtons.OK,
> > MessageBoxIcon.Warning);
> >}
> >
> >
> >It does not reach any section of catch blocks. There is
> no >exception. Strange enough, even in DW Designer it does
> not >show any error message, as if it updated data OK. I
> checked >the same error situation in PB and I can see
> SQLCA.SQLdbcode >= 33147 (That is the error trigger
> raises.) >
> >Hope I am giving you enough info.
> >
> >Thanks for your help.
> >Best Regards.
> >Harashad.
> >Did you try using the DbErrorException?
> >>
> >> Try
> >> DWC1.UpdateData()
> >> Catch ex As Sybase.DataWindow.DbErrorException
> >> If ex.SqlDbCode <> 0 Then
> >> SQLCA.Rollback()
> >> MsgBox(ex.SqlErrorText)
> >> Return
> >> End If
> >> SQLCA.Commit()
> >> End Try
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Dave Fish
> >> Sybase
> >>
> >> TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs
> >>
> >> DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange:
> >> http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com
> >>
> >> On 12 Nov 2004 07:57:27 -0800, Harshad Rathod wrote:
> >>
> >> >Say, an insert trigger on Sybase or Microsoft SQL
> Server >> >raises an error and does a rollback. This
> error does not >> >propogate as a Sybase.Datawindow
> exception in DW.Net. In >> >Powerbuilder you can check
> SQLCA.SQLdbcode that catches >> the >error number raised
> by the back-end. >> >
> >> >How can I check this error raised by the back-end in
> >> DW.Net? >
> >> >My environment: Visual Studio 2003, DW.Net 1.0 Build
> 5064 >> (I >think), C#, MS SQL Server 2000.
> >> >
> >> >Thanks.
> >> >Harshad@visualerp.com
> >>
>


Harshad Rathod Posted on 2004-11-13 21:27:13.0Z
Sender: 4c3b.41967b12.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Harshad Rathod
Newsgroups: sybase.public.datawindow.net
Subject: OK, Got it! Re: Catching error raised from a trigger to DW.Net
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <41967c2d.4c3e.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <41962d6a.4799.1681692777@sybase.com>
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.42
X-Original-Trace: 13 Nov 2004 13:27:09 -0800, 10.22.241.42
Lines: 108
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 13 Nov 2004 13:27:10 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 13 Nov 2004 13:27:13 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1100381233 10.22.108.75 (13 Nov 2004 13:27:13 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 13 Nov 2004 13:27:13 -0800, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.datawindow.net:710
Article PK: 125137

This is THE deal.

SQL Server 2000 requires severity to be greater than 10 in
raiserror in order to cause an exception for any front end.

Severity < 11 use to wrok with older versions of MS SQL
Servers.

Thanks for your help.

> I am using SQLOLEDB with MS SQL Server.
>
> I tested without a try block, still no exception. I
> tested leaving some fields null and in that case it does
> throw an exception. So, when an error is raised by the
> back-end with a raiserror statement, DW.Net does not catch
> it.
>
> Thanks.
>
> > What database interface are you using (ADO .NET, OLE DB,
> > ODBC)?
> >
> > You may want to open a case with technical support on
> > this.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Dave Fish
> > Sybase
> >
> > TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs
> >
> > DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange:
> > http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com
> >
> > On 12 Nov 2004 12:50:26 -0800, Harshad Rathod wrote:
> >
> > >This is what I have.
> > >try
> > >{
> > > dataWindowControl1.UpdateData(true, false);
> > >}
> > >catch (Sybase.DataWindow.DbErrorException ex)
> > >{
> > > MessageBox.Show(ex.SqlErrorText +
> > > "\n\nNo changes made to the database.",
> > > "Database Error", MessageBoxButtons.OK,
> > > MessageBoxIcon.Warning);
> > >}
> > >catch (Exception ex)
> > >{
> > > MessageBox.Show(ex.ToString() +
> > > "\n\nNo changes made to the database.",
> > > "Unexpected Exception", MessageBoxButtons.OK,
> > > MessageBoxIcon.Warning);
> > >}
> > >
> > >
> > >It does not reach any section of catch blocks. There
> > is no >exception. Strange enough, even in DW Designer it
> > does not >show any error message, as if it updated data
> > OK. I checked >the same error situation in PB and I can
> > see SQLCA.SQLdbcode >= 33147 (That is the error trigger
> > raises.) >
> > >Hope I am giving you enough info.
> > >
> > >Thanks for your help.
> > >Best Regards.
> > >Harashad.
> > >Did you try using the DbErrorException?
> > >>
> > >> Try
> > >> DWC1.UpdateData()
> > >> Catch ex As
> > Sybase.DataWindow.DbErrorException >> If
> > ex.SqlDbCode <> 0 Then >>
> > SQLCA.Rollback() >>
> > MsgBox(ex.SqlErrorText) >> Return
> > >> End If
> > >> SQLCA.Commit()
> > >> End Try
> > >>
> > >> Regards,
> > >> Dave Fish
> > >> Sybase
> > >>
> > >> TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs
> > >>
> > >> DataWindow.NET code examples available on
> > CodeXchange: >>
> > http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com >>
> > >> On 12 Nov 2004 07:57:27 -0800, Harshad Rathod wrote:
> > >>
> > >> >Say, an insert trigger on Sybase or Microsoft SQL
> > Server >> >raises an error and does a rollback. This
> > error does not >> >propogate as a Sybase.Datawindow
> > exception in DW.Net. In >> >Powerbuilder you can check
> > SQLCA.SQLdbcode that catches >> the >error number raised
> > by the back-end. >> >
> > >> >How can I check this error raised by the back-end in
> > >> DW.Net? >
> > >> >My environment: Visual Studio 2003, DW.Net 1.0 Build
> > 5064 >> (I >think), C#, MS SQL Server 2000.
> > >> >
> > >> >Thanks.
> > >> >Harshad@visualerp.com
> > >>
> >


dfish Posted on 2004-11-14 16:19:03.0Z
From: dfish@_no_spam_sybase.com (Dave Fish [Team Sybase])
Newsgroups: sybase.public.datawindow.net
Subject: Re: OK, Got it! Re: Catching error raised from a trigger to DW.Net
Organization: Sybase Professional Services
Reply-To: nospam_dfish@sybase.com_nospam
Message-ID: <41978538.34317916@forums.sybase.com>
References: <41962d6a.4799.1681692777@sybase.com> <41967c2d.4c3e.1681692777@sybase.com>
X-Newsreader: Forte Free Agent 1.21/32.243
NNTP-Posting-Host: vpn-uk-024.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vpn-uk-024.sybase.com
Date: 14 Nov 2004 08:19:03 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1100449143 158.76.101.24 (14 Nov 2004 08:19:03 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 14 Nov 2004 08:19:03 -0800, vpn-uk-024.sybase.com
Lines: 123
X-Authenticated-User: TeamSybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.datawindow.net:711
Article PK: 125138

Thanks for letting us know. I'm sure others will run into this as
well.

Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase

TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs

DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange:
http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com

On 13 Nov 2004 13:27:13 -0800, Harshad Rathod wrote:

>This is THE deal.
>
>SQL Server 2000 requires severity to be greater than 10 in
>raiserror in order to cause an exception for any front end.
>
>Severity < 11 use to wrok with older versions of MS SQL
>Servers.
>
>Thanks for your help.
>
>> I am using SQLOLEDB with MS SQL Server.
>>
>> I tested without a try block, still no exception. I
>> tested leaving some fields null and in that case it does
>> throw an exception. So, when an error is raised by the
>> back-end with a raiserror statement, DW.Net does not catch
>> it.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> > What database interface are you using (ADO .NET, OLE DB,
>> > ODBC)?
>> >
>> > You may want to open a case with technical support on
>> > this.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Dave Fish
>> > Sybase
>> >
>> > TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs
>> >
>> > DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange:
>> > http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com
>> >
>> > On 12 Nov 2004 12:50:26 -0800, Harshad Rathod wrote:
>> >
>> > >This is what I have.
>> > >try
>> > >{
>> > > dataWindowControl1.UpdateData(true, false);
>> > >}
>> > >catch (Sybase.DataWindow.DbErrorException ex)
>> > >{
>> > > MessageBox.Show(ex.SqlErrorText +
>> > > "\n\nNo changes made to the database.",
>> > > "Database Error", MessageBoxButtons.OK,
>> > > MessageBoxIcon.Warning);
>> > >}
>> > >catch (Exception ex)
>> > >{
>> > > MessageBox.Show(ex.ToString() +
>> > > "\n\nNo changes made to the database.",
>> > > "Unexpected Exception", MessageBoxButtons.OK,
>> > > MessageBoxIcon.Warning);
>> > >}
>> > >
>> > >
>> > >It does not reach any section of catch blocks. There
>> > is no >exception. Strange enough, even in DW Designer it
>> > does not >show any error message, as if it updated data
>> > OK. I checked >the same error situation in PB and I can
>> > see SQLCA.SQLdbcode >= 33147 (That is the error trigger
>> > raises.) >
>> > >Hope I am giving you enough info.
>> > >
>> > >Thanks for your help.
>> > >Best Regards.
>> > >Harashad.
>> > >Did you try using the DbErrorException?
>> > >>
>> > >> Try
>> > >> DWC1.UpdateData()
>> > >> Catch ex As
>> > Sybase.DataWindow.DbErrorException >> If
>> > ex.SqlDbCode <> 0 Then >>
>> > SQLCA.Rollback() >>
>> > MsgBox(ex.SqlErrorText) >> Return
>> > >> End If
>> > >> SQLCA.Commit()
>> > >> End Try
>> > >>
>> > >> Regards,
>> > >> Dave Fish
>> > >> Sybase
>> > >>
>> > >> TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs
>> > >>
>> > >> DataWindow.NET code examples available on
>> > CodeXchange: >>
>> > http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com >>
>> > >> On 12 Nov 2004 07:57:27 -0800, Harshad Rathod wrote:
>> > >>
>> > >> >Say, an insert trigger on Sybase or Microsoft SQL
>> > Server >> >raises an error and does a rollback. This
>> > error does not >> >propogate as a Sybase.Datawindow
>> > exception in DW.Net. In >> >Powerbuilder you can check
>> > SQLCA.SQLdbcode that catches >> the >error number raised
>> > by the back-end. >> >
>> > >> >How can I check this error raised by the back-end in
>> > >> DW.Net? >
>> > >> >My environment: Visual Studio 2003, DW.Net 1.0 Build
>> > 5064 >> (I >think), C#, MS SQL Server 2000.
>> > >> >
>> > >> >Thanks.
>> > >> >Harshad@visualerp.com
>> > >>
>> >