Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

DW.Net for .Net Compact Framework

4 posts in DataWindow .NET Last posting was on 2004-11-16 18:37:59.0Z
Harshad Rathod Posted on 2004-11-15 18:58:32.0Z
Sender: 2f7.4198fbb4.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Harshad Rathod
Newsgroups: sybase.public.datawindow.net
Subject: DW.Net for .Net Compact Framework
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4198fc58.307.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 15 Nov 2004 10:58:32 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1100545112 10.22.241.41 (15 Nov 2004 10:58:32 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 15 Nov 2004 10:58:32 -0800, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 5
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.datawindow.net:716
Article PK: 125142

Would DW.Net work on Pocket PC or other PDAs with .Net
Compact Framework or is there a version planned for it?

Thanks.
Harshad


Jim O'Neil [Sybase] Posted on 2004-11-15 21:39:13.0Z
From: "Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil_at_sybase_dot_com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.datawindow.net
Subject: Re: DW.Net for .Net Compact Framework
Message-ID: <7e8ip01a3gae9tlnm3m6v6ngdulkv43oqn@4ax.com>
References: <4198fc58.307.1681692777@sybase.com>
X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 2.0/32.652
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: surfec007.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: surfec007.sybase.com
Date: 15 Nov 2004 13:39:13 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1100554753 199.93.176.7 (15 Nov 2004 13:39:13 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 15 Nov 2004 13:39:13 -0800, surfec007.sybase.com
Lines: 12
X-Authenticated-User: teamsybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.datawindow.net:721
Article PK: 125148

No, not at this point. The DataWindow engine is still managed code and
hasn't been tweaked for PocketPC. PocketBuilder, however, would let
you take those same datawindow objects to that platform.

On 15 Nov 2004 10:58:32 -0800, Harshad Rathod wrote:

>Would DW.Net work on Pocket PC or other PDAs with .Net
>Compact Framework or is there a version planned for it?
>
>Thanks.
>Harshad


Harshad Rathod Posted on 2004-11-16 14:55:42.0Z
Sender: 195.419a1487.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Harshad Rathod
Newsgroups: sybase.public.datawindow.net
Subject: Re: DW.Net for .Net Compact Framework
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <419a14eb.19b.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <7e8ip01a3gae9tlnm3m6v6ngdulkv43oqn@4ax.com>
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.42
X-Original-Trace: 16 Nov 2004 06:55:39 -0800, 10.22.241.42
Lines: 18
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 16 Nov 2004 06:55:40 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 16 Nov 2004 06:55:42 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1100616942 10.22.108.75 (16 Nov 2004 06:55:42 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 16 Nov 2004 06:55:42 -0800, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.datawindow.net:734
Article PK: 125161

Sorry for harping on the same string.

Since you said "not at this point.".. Is it planned? Would
it be in DW.Net 1.5?

> No, not at this point. The DataWindow engine is still
> managed code and hasn't been tweaked for PocketPC.
> PocketBuilder, however, would let you take those same
> datawindow objects to that platform.
>
> On 15 Nov 2004 10:58:32 -0800, Harshad Rathod wrote:
>
> >Would DW.Net work on Pocket PC or other PDAs with .Net
> >Compact Framework or is there a version planned for it?
> >
> >Thanks.
> >Harshad
>


Jim O'Neil [Sybase] Posted on 2004-11-16 18:37:59.0Z
From: "Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil_at_sybase_dot_com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.datawindow.net
Subject: Re: DW.Net for .Net Compact Framework
Message-ID: <s6ikp094h0hfpjtaki0r14s6fjg0d97l8i@4ax.com>
References: <7e8ip01a3gae9tlnm3m6v6ngdulkv43oqn@4ax.com> <419a14eb.19b.1681692777@sybase.com>
X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 2.0/32.652
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: surfec007.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: surfec007.sybase.com
Date: 16 Nov 2004 10:37:59 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1100630279 199.93.176.7 (16 Nov 2004 10:37:59 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 16 Nov 2004 10:37:59 -0800, surfec007.sybase.com
Lines: 23
X-Authenticated-User: teamsybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.datawindow.net:735
Article PK: 125162

No, it won't be in 1.5 and I don't think it's on the drawing board.

On 16 Nov 2004 06:55:42 -0800, Harshad Rathod wrote:

>Sorry for harping on the same string.
>
>Since you said "not at this point.".. Is it planned? Would
>it be in DW.Net 1.5?
>
>> No, not at this point. The DataWindow engine is still
>> managed code and hasn't been tweaked for PocketPC.
>> PocketBuilder, however, would let you take those same
>> datawindow objects to that platform.
>>
>> On 15 Nov 2004 10:58:32 -0800, Harshad Rathod wrote:
>>
>> >Would DW.Net work on Pocket PC or other PDAs with .Net
>> >Compact Framework or is there a version planned for it?
>> >
>> >Thanks.
>> >Harshad
>>