Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Problem with numbers!!!!

4 posts in Appeon (partner product) Last posting was on 2004-11-19 14:17:15.0Z
Stelios Posted on 2004-11-17 16:17:19.0Z
Reply-To: "Stelios" <stebas@mdm.gr>
From: "Stelios" <stebas@mdm.gr>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
Subject: Problem with numbers!!!!
Lines: 25
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1437
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1441
NNTP-Posting-Host: serial.mdm.gr
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: serial.mdm.gr
Message-ID: <419b798f@forums-1-dub>
Date: 17 Nov 2004 08:17:19 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1100708239 62.103.23.7 (17 Nov 2004 08:17:19 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 17 Nov 2004 08:17:19 -0800, serial.mdm.gr
X-Authenticated-User: appeon
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:568
Article PK: 12603

Hello


I have a serious problem with big Numbers. I am working Appeon 2.8
Developer Edition Powerbuilder 9.0.2 Build 7509 and EAS 5.0 and databases i
use Appeon are SYBASE 12.5 and MSSQL 2000.
Here is my problem. When in datawindows in columns i have numbers more than
9.999.999 it doesn't work at corect.

Here is an example:

I have a datawindow with a column that in a specific row it has the value
401.397.408. In my c/s apllication works fine but!!! in appeon occurs the
following:
when i put format '###,###,###' it shows 4
when i put general in format it gives 4.01397423E8.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Stelios


Julie Jiang Posted on 2004-11-18 08:22:17.0Z
From: "Julie Jiang" <julie.jiang@appeon.net>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
References: <419b798f@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: Problem with numbers!!!!
Lines: 51
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1437
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1441
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 210.21.221.187
Message-ID: <419c5bb5@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 18 Nov 2004 00:22:13 -0800, 210.21.221.187
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 18 Nov 2004 00:22:14 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 18 Nov 2004 00:22:17 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1100766137 10.22.108.75 (18 Nov 2004 00:22:17 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 18 Nov 2004 00:22:17 -0800, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:570
Article PK: 20807

Hi Stelios,

Appeon designed a test case with the features you mentioned, but cannot
reproduce the problem:
1) The DataWindow contains a real data type column with style as edit.
2) The value for the column in the database is 401397408.
3) If the format of the column is '###,###,###', it shows 4.013974e+008.
4) If the format is general, it shows 4.013974e+008.

We tried both deployment methods, Appeon Xcelerator and Pure-JavaScript. The
database used is Microsoft SQL Server 2000.

Please give me more information so we can help you with the case:
Q1: What is the data type of the column?
Q2: What is the edit style of the column?
Q3: Did you deploy the application with Appeon Xcelerator or
Pure-JavaScript?

Thanks,
Julie

"Stelios" <stebas@mdm.gr> wrote in message news:419b798f@forums-1-dub...
> Hello
>
>
> I have a serious problem with big Numbers. I am working Appeon 2.8
> Developer Edition Powerbuilder 9.0.2 Build 7509 and EAS 5.0 and databases
i
> use Appeon are SYBASE 12.5 and MSSQL 2000.
> Here is my problem. When in datawindows in columns i have numbers more
than
> 9.999.999 it doesn't work at corect.
>
> Here is an example:
>
> I have a datawindow with a column that in a specific row it has the value
> 401.397.408. In my c/s apllication works fine but!!! in appeon occurs the
> following:
> when i put format '###,###,###' it shows 4
> when i put general in format it gives 4.01397423E8.
>
> Can anybody help?
>
> Thanks
>
> Stelios
>
>
>


Stelios Posted on 2004-11-18 10:27:13.0Z
Reply-To: "Stelios" <stebas@mdm.gr>
From: "Stelios" <stebas@mdm.gr>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
References: <419b798f@forums-1-dub> <419c5bb5@forums-2-dub>
Subject: Re: Problem with numbers!!!!
Lines: 64
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1437
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1441
NNTP-Posting-Host: serial.mdm.gr
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: serial.mdm.gr
Message-ID: <419c7901$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 18 Nov 2004 02:27:13 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1100773633 62.103.23.7 (18 Nov 2004 02:27:13 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 18 Nov 2004 02:27:13 -0800, serial.mdm.gr
X-Authenticated-User: appeon
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:571
Article PK: 12604

My data type is float, the edit style is ###,###,##0 (but i tried also
###,###,###) and i deploy it with appeon in Debug-JsCode Mode

Stelios

Ï "Julie Jiang" <julie.jiang@appeon.net> Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá
news:419c5bb5@forums-2-dub...

> Hi Stelios,
>
> Appeon designed a test case with the features you mentioned, but cannot
> reproduce the problem:
> 1) The DataWindow contains a real data type column with style as edit.
> 2) The value for the column in the database is 401397408.
> 3) If the format of the column is '###,###,###', it shows 4.013974e+008.
> 4) If the format is general, it shows 4.013974e+008.
>
> We tried both deployment methods, Appeon Xcelerator and Pure-JavaScript.
The
> database used is Microsoft SQL Server 2000.
>
> Please give me more information so we can help you with the case:
> Q1: What is the data type of the column?
> Q2: What is the edit style of the column?
> Q3: Did you deploy the application with Appeon Xcelerator or
> Pure-JavaScript?
>
> Thanks,
> Julie
>
> "Stelios" <stebas@mdm.gr> wrote in message news:419b798f@forums-1-dub...
> > Hello
> >
> >
> > I have a serious problem with big Numbers. I am working Appeon 2.8
> > Developer Edition Powerbuilder 9.0.2 Build 7509 and EAS 5.0 and
databases
> i
> > use Appeon are SYBASE 12.5 and MSSQL 2000.
> > Here is my problem. When in datawindows in columns i have numbers more
> than
> > 9.999.999 it doesn't work at corect.
> >
> > Here is an example:
> >
> > I have a datawindow with a column that in a specific row it has the
value
> > 401.397.408. In my c/s apllication works fine but!!! in appeon occurs
the
> > following:
> > when i put format '###,###,###' it shows 4
> > when i put general in format it gives 4.01397423E8.
> >
> > Can anybody help?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Stelios
> >
> >
> >
>
>


Julie Jiang Posted on 2004-11-19 14:17:15.0Z
From: "Julie Jiang" <julie.jiang@appeon.net>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
Organization: 218.18.40.61
References: <419b798f@forums-1-dub> <419c5bb5@forums-2-dub> <419c7901$1@forums-1-dub>
X-Newsreader: AspNNTP 1.50 (Takeshi Eto)
Subject: Re: Problem with numbers!!!!
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: web110.discountasp.net
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: web110.discountasp.net
Message-ID: <419e006b@forums-1-dub>
Date: 19 Nov 2004 06:17:15 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1100873835 64.79.161.40 (19 Nov 2004 06:17:15 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 19 Nov 2004 06:17:15 -0800, web110.discountasp.net
Lines: 85
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:577
Article PK: 20810

Hi Stelios,

This is found to be an issue with Appeon Pure-JavaScript deployment: if the
database type is float, with edit style formatted, the display of the value is
incorrect. This problem does not exist with real data type, or with the same
settings but using Appeon Xcelerator deployment.

Can you please first try to use real as the data type to avoid the problem, or
try to use Appeon Xcelerator deployment method that gives 3~5 faster performance
than Pure-JavaScript and provides more features support?

Previously I have a post on Appeon Xcelerator and Pure-JavaScript deployments.
You may contact your sales representative for obtaining Appeon 2.8 Enterprise
Edition that supports Appeon Xcelerator deployment.

Regards,
Julie

On 18 Nov 2004 02:27:13 -0800,
in sybase.public.appeon

Stelios <stebas@mdm.gr> wrote:
>My data type is float, the edit style is ###,###,##0 (but i tried also
>###,###,###) and i deploy it with appeon in Debug-JsCode Mode
>
>Stelios
>
>Ï "Julie Jiang" <julie.jiang@appeon.net> Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá
>news:419c5bb5@forums-2-dub...
>> Hi Stelios,
>>
>> Appeon designed a test case with the features you mentioned, but cannot
>> reproduce the problem:
>> 1) The DataWindow contains a real data type column with style as edit.
>> 2) The value for the column in the database is 401397408.
>> 3) If the format of the column is '###,###,###', it shows 4.013974e+008.
>> 4) If the format is general, it shows 4.013974e+008.
>>
>> We tried both deployment methods, Appeon Xcelerator and Pure-JavaScript.
>The
>> database used is Microsoft SQL Server 2000.
>>
>> Please give me more information so we can help you with the case:
>> Q1: What is the data type of the column?
>> Q2: What is the edit style of the column?
>> Q3: Did you deploy the application with Appeon Xcelerator or
>> Pure-JavaScript?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Julie
>>
>> "Stelios" <stebas@mdm.gr> wrote in message news:419b798f@forums-1-dub...
>> > Hello
>> >
>> >
>> > I have a serious problem with big Numbers. I am working Appeon 2.8
>> > Developer Edition Powerbuilder 9.0.2 Build 7509 and EAS 5.0 and
>databases
>> i
>> > use Appeon are SYBASE 12.5 and MSSQL 2000.
>> > Here is my problem. When in datawindows in columns i have numbers more
>> than
>> > 9.999.999 it doesn't work at corect.
>> >
>> > Here is an example:
>> >
>> > I have a datawindow with a column that in a specific row it has the
>value
>> > 401.397.408. In my c/s apllication works fine but!!! in appeon occurs
>the
>> > following:
>> > when i put format '###,###,###' it shows 4
>> > when i put general in format it gives 4.01397423E8.
>> >
>> > Can anybody help?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > Stelios
>> >
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>
>