Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

menu

4 posts in Objects Last posting was on 2005-03-09 08:10:19.0Z
iandale Posted on 2005-03-08 08:00:15.0Z
Sender: 13b3.422d5aa2.1804289383@sybase.com
From: iandale
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
Subject: menu
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <422d5b8f.13bd.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 8 Mar 2005 00:00:15 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1110268815 10.22.241.41 (8 Mar 2005 00:00:15 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 8 Mar 2005 00:00:15 -0800, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 8
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:8256
Article PK: 735519

i'm new to PB. pls help me with menus...

how can i put the menu in the main mdi frame instead in the
open sheet?

pls help...

ian


"Satish Itty" <NO_SPAMsitty Posted on 2005-03-08 15:05:58.0Z
From: "Satish Itty" <NO_SPAMsitty@NO_SPAM.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
References: <422d5b8f.13bd.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: menu
Lines: 18
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2180
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: nat.clayton.com
Message-ID: <422dbf52@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 8 Mar 2005 07:05:54 -0800, nat.clayton.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 8 Mar 2005 07:05:55 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 8 Mar 2005 07:05:58 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1110294358 10.22.108.75 (8 Mar 2005 07:05:58 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 8 Mar 2005 07:05:58 -0800, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:8257
Article PK: 735516

Go to the properties of the mdi frame and select the menu you want for the
mdi in its menuname property. Then remove the menus for the sheet windows
you have.

--
HTH
Satish

<iandale> wrote in message news:422d5b8f.13bd.1681692777@sybase.com...
> i'm new to PB. pls help me with menus...
>
> how can i put the menu in the main mdi frame instead in the
> open sheet?
>
> pls help...
>
> ian


iandale Posted on 2005-03-09 00:53:12.0Z
Sender: 43c6.422e486c.1804289383@sybase.com
From: iandale
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
Subject: Re: menu
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <422e48f1.43cf.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <422dbf52@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.42
X-Original-Trace: 8 Mar 2005 16:53:05 -0800, 10.22.241.42
Lines: 24
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 8 Mar 2005 16:53:06 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 8 Mar 2005 16:53:12 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1110329592 10.22.108.75 (8 Mar 2005 16:53:12 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 8 Mar 2005 16:53:12 -0800, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:8258
Article PK: 735518

thanks for the info...another question...how can you
associate menu within the power scripts? I don't know how
you can programmatically enable and disable menu items?

thanks.

> Go to the properties of the mdi frame and select the menu
> you want for the mdi in its menuname property. Then
> remove the menus for the sheet windows you have.
>
> --
> HTH
> Satish
> <iandale> wrote in message
> > news:422d5b8f.13bd.1681692777@sybase.com... i'm new to
> PB. pls help me with menus... >
> > how can i put the menu in the main mdi frame instead in
> > the open sheet?
> >
> > pls help...
> >
> > ian
>
>


François Cléban Posted on 2005-03-09 08:10:19.0Z
From: "François Cléban" <fcld@tiscali.be>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
References: <422dbf52@forums-2-dub> <422e48f1.43cf.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: menu
Lines: 43
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2180
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 212.166.19.139
Message-ID: <422eaf68$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 9 Mar 2005 00:10:16 -0800, 212.166.19.139
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 9 Mar 2005 00:10:17 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 9 Mar 2005 00:10:19 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1110355819 10.22.108.75 (9 Mar 2005 00:10:19 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 9 Mar 2005 00:10:19 -0800, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:8260
Article PK: 735522

mywindow.changemenu(mymenu) or this.changemenu(mymenu) in the open event of
the window by example.

It's depend of the number of levels in your menu, by example :
//
mymenu.item[i].visible = true
mymenu.item[i].item[j].visible = true
mymenu.item[i].item[j].item[y].visible = true
// Enabled
mymenu.item[i].enabled = true
mymenu.item[i].item[j].enabled = true
mymenu.item[i].item[j].item[y].enabled = true

François

<iandale> a écrit dans le message de news:
422e48f1.43cf.1681692777@sybase.com...

> thanks for the info...another question...how can you
> associate menu within the power scripts? I don't know how
> you can programmatically enable and disable menu items?
>
> thanks.
>
>> Go to the properties of the mdi frame and select the menu
>> you want for the mdi in its menuname property. Then
>> remove the menus for the sheet windows you have.
>>
>> --
>> HTH
>> Satish
>> <iandale> wrote in message
>> > news:422d5b8f.13bd.1681692777@sybase.com... i'm new to
>> PB. pls help me with menus... >
>> > how can i put the menu in the main mdi frame instead in
>> > the open sheet?
>> >
>> > pls help...
>> >
>> > ian
>>
>>