Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

SetFullState fails

4 posts in Appeon (partner product) Last posting was on 2005-06-28 09:46:36.0Z
Bob Reid Posted on 2005-03-09 19:59:49.0Z
From: "Bob Reid" <reidr@cpsc.ucalgary.ca>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
Organization: 149.99.255.138
X-Newsreader: AspNNTP 1.50 (Takeshi Eto)
Subject: SetFullState fails
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: web110.discountasp.net
Message-ID: <422f55b1$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 9 Mar 2005 11:59:45 -0800, web110.discountasp.net
Lines: 18
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 9 Mar 2005 11:59:46 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 9 Mar 2005 11:59:49 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1110398389 10.22.108.75 (9 Mar 2005 11:59:49 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 9 Mar 2005 11:59:49 -0800, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:708
Article PK: 20865

I am running PB 9.0.2 build 7578 with EAServer 5.0 and Appeon 2.8. My
application is 3-tier with the client deployed to Appeon. The setfullstate
function is failing and returning -1 on the client tier. It works fine when I
run it in PB but fails when run in Appeon. I have carefully followed all the
instructions in the Appeon Migration Doc including changing the datawindow to
inherit from appeondatawindow and including the appeonworkarounds library. Here
is the call to setfullstate in the client tier:

li_result = dw_insurer1.SetFullState(ls_agent_info)

Where ls_agent_info is a string and li_result gets set as -1.

I am certain that the data in ls_agent_info is being sucessfully retrieved into
the client tier as I can view it in a messagebox.

Thanks.
---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp


Julie Jiang Posted on 2005-03-10 09:12:19.0Z
From: "Julie Jiang" <julie.jiang@appeon.net>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
References: <422f55b1$1@forums-2-dub>
Subject: Re: SetFullState fails
Lines: 75
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1437
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1441
NNTP-Posting-Host: 210.21.221.178
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 210.21.221.178
Message-ID: <42300f73@forums-1-dub>
Date: 10 Mar 2005 01:12:19 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1110445939 210.21.221.178 (10 Mar 2005 01:12:19 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 10 Mar 2005 01:12:19 -0800, 210.21.221.178
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:710
Article PK: 20867

The following are important jobs you must To run 3-tier DataWindows in
Appeon-deployed application.
1. Make all 3-tier DataWindows and DataStores inherited from
AppeonDataStore and AppeonDataWindow.
2. Make sure the parameter used on the following functions has already been
converted into string, because Appeon currently does not support BLOB Data
type as the parameter to these functions.
a. GetFullState
b. SetFullState
c. GetChanges
d. SetChanges

3. Deploy the 3-tier NVOs, DataWindows and DataStores in the application to
the EAServer where your Appeon Server is installed.
4. Make sure all your 3-tier NVOs are deployed to the package which has the
same name with that of your PowerBuilder application.
5. Generate stub and skeleton for your 3-tier NVOs, after you deployed them
to the EAServer. Be sure to select the the following options, and leave the
other options at default:
Generate Stubs
Generate Java Stubs
Generate Java Files
Compile Java Stubs

6. Migrate the whole application using Appeon product. Note that the
server application must also be migrated to the Web with the Appeon
Deployment Wizard.

If you are unclear about any of the steps, let me know. And you should find
detailed description about the steps in the Migration Guide.

According to your description, we think the method in the 3-tier NVOs was
successfully invoked in Appeon-deployed application. But we are not sure if
the returned value is correct. So if you were sure you did above jobs and
still got the problem, please provide us with following information.
1. Which deployment do you use to deploy your application? Appeon
Pure-JavaScript or Appeon Xcelerator.
2. The value of ls_agent_info returned from the Server.
3. The PBLs containing all associated 3-Tiers DataWindows and 3-Tiers NVOs
4. What database are you using?
5. The Database backup file or the SQL scripts for the tables that the
3-Tiers DataWindows and DataStores work on.

Regards,
Julie

"Bob Reid" <reidr@cpsc.ucalgary.ca> wrote in message
news:422f55b1$1@forums-2-dub...
> I am running PB 9.0.2 build 7578 with EAServer 5.0 and Appeon 2.8. My
> application is 3-tier with the client deployed to Appeon. The setfullstate
> function is failing and returning -1 on the client tier. It works fine
when I
> run it in PB but fails when run in Appeon. I have carefully followed all
the
> instructions in the Appeon Migration Doc including changing the datawindow
to
> inherit from appeondatawindow and including the appeonworkarounds library.
Here
> is the call to setfullstate in the client tier:
>
> li_result = dw_insurer1.SetFullState(ls_agent_info)
>
> Where ls_agent_info is a string and li_result gets set as -1.
>
> I am certain that the data in ls_agent_info is being sucessfully retrieved
into
> the client tier as I can view it in a messagebox.
>
> Thanks.
> ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
> http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp


Massimo Posted on 2005-05-02 16:28:31.0Z
From: "Massimo" <m.pucci@sisteda.it>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
Organization: 213.82.190.196
References: <422f55b1$1@forums-2-dub> <42300f73@forums-1-dub>
X-Newsreader: AspNNTP 1.50 (Takeshi Eto)
Subject: Re: SetFullState fails
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: web110.discountasp.net
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: web110.discountasp.net
Message-ID: <4276552f$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 2 May 2005 09:28:31 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1115051311 64.79.161.40 (2 May 2005 09:28:31 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 2 May 2005 09:28:31 -0700, web110.discountasp.net
Lines: 138
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:808
Article PK: 12695

On 10 Mar 2005 01:12:19 -0800,
in sybase.public.appeon

Julie Jiang <julie.jiang@appeon.net> wrote:
>The following are important jobs you must To run 3-tier DataWindows in
>Appeon-deployed application.
>1. Make all 3-tier DataWindows and DataStores inherited from
>AppeonDataStore and AppeonDataWindow.
>2. Make sure the parameter used on the following functions has already been
>converted into string, because Appeon currently does not support BLOB Data
>type as the parameter to these functions.
>a. GetFullState
>b. SetFullState
>c. GetChanges
>d. SetChanges
>
>3. Deploy the 3-tier NVOs, DataWindows and DataStores in the application to
>the EAServer where your Appeon Server is installed.
>4. Make sure all your 3-tier NVOs are deployed to the package which has the
>same name with that of your PowerBuilder application.
>5. Generate stub and skeleton for your 3-tier NVOs, after you deployed them
>to the EAServer. Be sure to select the the following options, and leave the
>other options at default:
>Generate Stubs
>Generate Java Stubs
>Generate Java Files
>Compile Java Stubs
>
>6. Migrate the whole application using Appeon product. Note that the
>server application must also be migrated to the Web with the Appeon
>Deployment Wizard.
>
>If you are unclear about any of the steps, let me know. And you should find
>detailed description about the steps in the Migration Guide.
>
>According to your description, we think the method in the 3-tier NVOs was
>successfully invoked in Appeon-deployed application. But we are not sure if
>the returned value is correct. So if you were sure you did above jobs and
>still got the problem, please provide us with following information.
>1. Which deployment do you use to deploy your application? Appeon
>Pure-JavaScript or Appeon Xcelerator.
>2. The value of ls_agent_info returned from the Server.
>3. The PBLs containing all associated 3-Tiers DataWindows and 3-Tiers NVOs
>4. What database are you using?
>5. The Database backup file or the SQL scripts for the tables that the
>3-Tiers DataWindows and DataStores work on.
>
>Regards,
>Julie
>
>
>
>"Bob Reid" <reidr@cpsc.ucalgary.ca> wrote in message
>news:422f55b1$1@forums-2-dub...
>> I am running PB 9.0.2 build 7578 with EAServer 5.0 and Appeon 2.8. My
>> application is 3-tier with the client deployed to Appeon. The setfullstate
>> function is failing and returning -1 on the client tier. It works fine
>when I
>> run it in PB but fails when run in Appeon. I have carefully followed all
>the
>> instructions in the Appeon Migration Doc including changing the datawindow
>to
>> inherit from appeondatawindow and including the appeonworkarounds library.
>Here
>> is the call to setfullstate in the client tier:
>>
>> li_result = dw_insurer1.SetFullState(ls_agent_info)
>>
>> Where ls_agent_info is a string and li_result gets set as -1.
>>
>> I am certain that the data in ls_agent_info is being sucessfully retrieved
>into
>> the client tier as I can view it in a messagebox.
>>
>> Thanks.
>> ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>> http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp
>
>

I get a random behaviour in setfullstate :

I want to use Appeon (depeloper 2.8) to migrate to web my 3-tier application. I
use PB 9.0.1 Build 7171 and EAS 5.0.0 and all is OK when I run the application
from PB.
I observed all the suggestments of the Migration guide and of this thread.
I solved all the undetected features; i use getfullstate/setfullstate with
appeondatastore/appeondatawindow to syncronize data (thanks to
‘appeon_workarounds_atl.pbl’);
Finally I deploy application and server components with APPEON Xcelerator.
I reproduced the case in a simple test application :

In my NVO :
public function string test_function ();
String ls_rtn
AppeonDataStore ldsa_ds

ldsa_ds = Create AppeonDataStore
ldsa_ds.dataobject = "d_dataobject"
ldsa_ds.InsertRow( 0 )
ldsa_ds.SetItem( 1, "column1", "aaa" )
ldsa_ds.GetFullState( ls_rtn )
Return ls_rtn

-------------------------------------------------

In my test application:

Connection l_conn
n_appl_server ln_appl_server
AppeondataStore ldsa_tmp
String ls_tmp
Integer li

l_conn = Create Connection
l_conn.Driver = "jaguar"
l_conn.Application = "test_appeon"
l_conn.Location = "localhost:9989"
l_conn.UserID = "jagadmin"
l_conn.Password = ""

l_conn.ConnectToServer()
l_conn.CreateInstance(ln_appl_server,"test_appeon/n_appl_server")


ls_tmp = ln_appl_server.test_function( )
ldsa_tmp = create AppeondataStore
li = ldsa_tmp.SetFullState( ls_tmp )

----------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes li = -1; sometimes is OK ; in this situation the length of ls_tmp is
not the same.
I don’t find any help in the Jaguar.log and in the logs in the appeonlog folder.
What can i test ?


Julie Jiang Posted on 2005-06-28 09:46:36.0Z
From: "Julie Jiang" <julie.jiang@appeon.net>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
References: <422f55b1$1@forums-2-dub> <42300f73@forums-1-dub> <4276552f$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: SetFullState fails
Lines: 171
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1506
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1506
NNTP-Posting-Host: 210.21.221.178
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 210.21.221.178
Message-ID: <42c11c7c$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 28 Jun 2005 02:46:36 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1119951996 210.21.221.178 (28 Jun 2005 02:46:36 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 28 Jun 2005 02:46:36 -0700, 210.21.221.178
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:949
Article PK: 12766

It should be caused by a known issue in Appeon 2.8. To fix it, please
install the latest Appeon 2.8 EBF. The package can be downloaded for free
from the following Website: http://www.appeon.net/support/ebfs/. Make sure
you download the right EBF for the version you are using.

Regards,
Julie

"Massimo" <m.pucci@sisteda.it> wrote in message
news:4276552f$1@forums-1-dub...
> On 10 Mar 2005 01:12:19 -0800,
> in sybase.public.appeon
> Julie Jiang <julie.jiang@appeon.net> wrote:
> >The following are important jobs you must To run 3-tier DataWindows in
> >Appeon-deployed application.
> >1. Make all 3-tier DataWindows and DataStores inherited from
> >AppeonDataStore and AppeonDataWindow.
> >2. Make sure the parameter used on the following functions has already
been
> >converted into string, because Appeon currently does not support BLOB
Data
> >type as the parameter to these functions.
> >a. GetFullState
> >b. SetFullState
> >c. GetChanges
> >d. SetChanges
> >
> >3. Deploy the 3-tier NVOs, DataWindows and DataStores in the application
to
> >the EAServer where your Appeon Server is installed.
> >4. Make sure all your 3-tier NVOs are deployed to the package which has
the
> >same name with that of your PowerBuilder application.
> >5. Generate stub and skeleton for your 3-tier NVOs, after you deployed
them
> >to the EAServer. Be sure to select the the following options, and leave
the
> >other options at default:
> >Generate Stubs
> >Generate Java Stubs
> >Generate Java Files
> >Compile Java Stubs
> >
> >6. Migrate the whole application using Appeon product. Note that the
> >server application must also be migrated to the Web with the Appeon
> >Deployment Wizard.
> >
> >If you are unclear about any of the steps, let me know. And you should
find
> >detailed description about the steps in the Migration Guide.
> >
> >According to your description, we think the method in the 3-tier NVOs was
> >successfully invoked in Appeon-deployed application. But we are not sure
if
> >the returned value is correct. So if you were sure you did above jobs
and
> >still got the problem, please provide us with following information.
> >1. Which deployment do you use to deploy your application? Appeon
> >Pure-JavaScript or Appeon Xcelerator.
> >2. The value of ls_agent_info returned from the Server.
> >3. The PBLs containing all associated 3-Tiers DataWindows and 3-Tiers
NVOs
> >4. What database are you using?
> >5. The Database backup file or the SQL scripts for the tables that the
> >3-Tiers DataWindows and DataStores work on.
> >
> >Regards,
> >Julie
> >
> >
> >
> >"Bob Reid" <reidr@cpsc.ucalgary.ca> wrote in message
> >news:422f55b1$1@forums-2-dub...
> >> I am running PB 9.0.2 build 7578 with EAServer 5.0 and Appeon 2.8. My
> >> application is 3-tier with the client deployed to Appeon. The
setfullstate
> >> function is failing and returning -1 on the client tier. It works fine
> >when I
> >> run it in PB but fails when run in Appeon. I have carefully followed
all
> >the
> >> instructions in the Appeon Migration Doc including changing the
datawindow
> >to
> >> inherit from appeondatawindow and including the appeonworkarounds
library.
> >Here
> >> is the call to setfullstate in the client tier:
> >>
> >> li_result = dw_insurer1.SetFullState(ls_agent_info)
> >>
> >> Where ls_agent_info is a string and li_result gets set as -1.
> >>
> >> I am certain that the data in ls_agent_info is being sucessfully
retrieved
> >into
> >> the client tier as I can view it in a messagebox.
> >>
> >> Thanks.
> >> ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
> >> http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp
> >
> >
> I get a random behaviour in setfullstate :
>
> I want to use Appeon (depeloper 2.8) to migrate to web my 3-tier
application. I
> use PB 9.0.1 Build 7171 and EAS 5.0.0 and all is OK when I run the
application
> from PB.
> I observed all the suggestments of the Migration guide and of this thread.
> I solved all the undetected features; i use getfullstate/setfullstate
with
> appeondatastore/appeondatawindow to syncronize data (thanks to
> 'appeon_workarounds_atl.pbl');
> Finally I deploy application and server components with APPEON Xcelerator.
> I reproduced the case in a simple test application :
>
> In my NVO :
> public function string test_function ();
> String ls_rtn
> AppeonDataStore ldsa_ds
>
> ldsa_ds = Create AppeonDataStore
> ldsa_ds.dataobject = "d_dataobject"
> ldsa_ds.InsertRow( 0 )
> ldsa_ds.SetItem( 1, "column1", "aaa" )
> ldsa_ds.GetFullState( ls_rtn )
> Return ls_rtn
>
> -------------------------------------------------
>
> In my test application:
>
> Connection l_conn
> n_appl_server ln_appl_server
> AppeondataStore ldsa_tmp
> String ls_tmp
> Integer li
>
> l_conn = Create Connection
> l_conn.Driver = "jaguar"
> l_conn.Application = "test_appeon"
> l_conn.Location = "localhost:9989"
> l_conn.UserID = "jagadmin"
> l_conn.Password = ""
>
> l_conn.ConnectToServer()
> l_conn.CreateInstance(ln_appl_server,"test_appeon/n_appl_server")
>
>
> ls_tmp = ln_appl_server.test_function( )
> ldsa_tmp = create AppeondataStore
> li = ldsa_tmp.SetFullState( ls_tmp )
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------
>
> Sometimes li = -1; sometimes is OK ; in this situation the length of
ls_tmp is
> not the same.
> I don't find any help in the Jaguar.log and in the logs in the appeonlog
folder.
> What can i test ?
>
>
>
>
>