Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Accidental behaviour in setfullstate

3 posts in Appeon (partner product) Last posting was on 2005-05-04 14:21:32.0Z
Massimo Posted on 2005-05-03 15:56:33.0Z
From: "Massimo" <see_message_body@domain.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
Organization: 213.82.190.196
X-Newsreader: AspNNTP 1.50 (Takeshi Eto)
Subject: Accidental behaviour in setfullstate
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: web110.discountasp.net
Message-ID: <42779f1e$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 3 May 2005 08:56:14 -0700, web110.discountasp.net
Lines: 58
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 3 May 2005 08:56:17 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 3 May 2005 08:56:33 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1115135793 10.22.108.75 (3 May 2005 08:56:33 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 3 May 2005 08:56:33 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:813
Article PK: 12698

I get a random behaviour in setfullstate :

I want to use Appeon (depeloper 2.8) to migrate to web my 3-tier application. I
use PB 9.0.1 Build 7171 and EAS 5.0.0 and all is OK when I run the application
from PB.
I observed all the suggestments of the Migration guide and of this thread.
I solved all the undetected features; i use getfullstate/setfullstate with
appeondatastore/appeondatawindow to syncronize data (thanks to
‘appeon_workarounds_atl.pbl’);
Finally I deploy application and server components with APPEON Xcelerator.
I reproduced the case in a simple test application :

In my NVO :
public function string test_function ();
String ls_rtn
AppeonDataStore ldsa_ds

ldsa_ds = Create AppeonDataStore
ldsa_ds.dataobject = "d_dataobject"
ldsa_ds.InsertRow( 0 )
ldsa_ds.SetItem( 1, "column1", "aaa" )
ldsa_ds.GetFullState( ls_rtn )
Return ls_rtn

-------------------------------------------------

In my test application:

Connection l_conn
n_appl_server ln_appl_server
AppeondataStore ldsa_tmp
String ls_tmp
Integer li

l_conn = Create Connection
l_conn.Driver = "jaguar"
l_conn.Application = "test_appeon"
l_conn.Location = "localhost:9989"
l_conn.UserID = "jagadmin"
l_conn.Password = ""

l_conn.ConnectToServer()
l_conn.CreateInstance(ln_appl_server,"test_appeon/n_appl_server")


ls_tmp = ln_appl_server.test_function( )
ldsa_tmp = create AppeondataStore
li = ldsa_tmp.SetFullState( ls_tmp )

----------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes li = -1; sometimes is OK ; in this situation the length of ls_tmp is
not the same.
I don’t find any help in the Jaguar.log and in the logs in the appeonlog folder.
What can i test ?

Thanks
m.pucci@sisteda.it


Dean Jones Posted on 2005-05-03 16:08:54.0Z
From: "Dean Jones" <dean_dot_jones_at_powerobjects_dot_com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
References: <42779f1e$1@forums-2-dub>
Subject: Re: Accidental behaviour in setfullstate
Lines: 106
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2180
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 216.207.144.172
Message-ID: <4277a212$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 3 May 2005 09:08:50 -0700, 216.207.144.172
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 3 May 2005 09:08:52 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 3 May 2005 09:08:54 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1115136534 10.22.108.75 (3 May 2005 09:08:54 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 3 May 2005 09:08:54 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:814
Article PK: 20906

Two things have to happen. One is you have to generate Java stubs for your
remote PB component. Two is you have to deploy you remote component to
Appeon.

When your client application makes a call to EAServer its going through an
Appeon servlet. The servlet needs Java stubs to call your component. Second
when the appeondatastore is generating the full state it needs the appeon
dataobject definition. It gets this by looking at the application object
name and finding the dataobejcts associated with the application object in
dataobjects.

We have created a framework that allows you to retrieve/update more then one
ds with a single call. So it solves a couple issues with Appeon. One is you
can call with an array instead of a single call. You can also pass arguments
by reference. I will be demo'ing this tomorrow (may 4) at the Minneapolis
Sybase Tools seminar.

Some tricks, put all your dataobjects in one pbl for deployment to Appeon.
Make all your components have the same application object name as the
dataobject's pbl application name. This greatly reduces what has to be
deployed to Appeon. Deploy client application to Appeon, Deploy dataobejcts
to appeon. Then deploy all your remote components to EAS. Note the dddw
dataobjects must be in the client application. If your deploying the
dataobejcts with the client, just make sure your remote components have the
same application object name as the client application.

--
Dean Jones [TeamSybase]
CEO
Certified PowerBuilder Developer
www.powerobjects.com
(612) 339-3355 ext 112

Don't Miss...
http://seminar.powerobjects.com

"Massimo" <see_message_body@domain.com> wrote in message
news:42779f1e$1@forums-2-dub...
>I get a random behaviour in setfullstate :
>
> I want to use Appeon (depeloper 2.8) to migrate to web my 3-tier
> application. I
> use PB 9.0.1 Build 7171 and EAS 5.0.0 and all is OK when I run the
> application
> from PB.
> I observed all the suggestments of the Migration guide and of this thread.
> I solved all the undetected features; i use getfullstate/setfullstate
> with
> appeondatastore/appeondatawindow to syncronize data (thanks to
> 'appeon_workarounds_atl.pbl');
> Finally I deploy application and server components with APPEON Xcelerator.
> I reproduced the case in a simple test application :
>
> In my NVO :
> public function string test_function ();
> String ls_rtn
> AppeonDataStore ldsa_ds
>
> ldsa_ds = Create AppeonDataStore
> ldsa_ds.dataobject = "d_dataobject"
> ldsa_ds.InsertRow( 0 )
> ldsa_ds.SetItem( 1, "column1", "aaa" )
> ldsa_ds.GetFullState( ls_rtn )
> Return ls_rtn
>
> -------------------------------------------------
>
> In my test application:
>
> Connection l_conn
> n_appl_server ln_appl_server
> AppeondataStore ldsa_tmp
> String ls_tmp
> Integer li
>
> l_conn = Create Connection
> l_conn.Driver = "jaguar"
> l_conn.Application = "test_appeon"
> l_conn.Location = "localhost:9989"
> l_conn.UserID = "jagadmin"
> l_conn.Password = ""
>
> l_conn.ConnectToServer()
> l_conn.CreateInstance(ln_appl_server,"test_appeon/n_appl_server")
>
>
> ls_tmp = ln_appl_server.test_function( )
> ldsa_tmp = create AppeondataStore
> li = ldsa_tmp.SetFullState( ls_tmp )
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------
>
> Sometimes li = -1; sometimes is OK ; in this situation the length of
> ls_tmp is
> not the same.
> I don't find any help in the Jaguar.log and in the logs in the appeonlog
> folder.
> What can i test ?
>
> Thanks
> m.pucci@sisteda.it


Massimo Posted on 2005-05-04 14:21:32.0Z
From: "Massimo" <see_message_body@domain.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
Organization: 213.82.190.196
References: <42779f1e$1@forums-2-dub> <4277a212$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Newsreader: AspNNTP 1.50 (Takeshi Eto)
Subject: Re: Accidental behaviour in setfullstate
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: web110.discountasp.net
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: web110.discountasp.net
Message-ID: <4278da6c$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 4 May 2005 07:21:32 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1115216492 64.79.161.40 (4 May 2005 07:21:32 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 4 May 2005 07:21:32 -0700, web110.discountasp.net
Lines: 120
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:817
Article PK: 12701

Everythink is OK:
Thank you Dean for the reply and your tricks.
I had already generated Java stubs and deployed my components to Appeon ... many
times...

The real problem was that i did NOT applied the Appeon EBF 5406 for Appeon 2.8
4406
It was a certified problem : '...The appeon_workarounds_atl PBL is unstable....'

On 3 May 2005 09:08:54 -0700,
in sybase.public.appeon

Dean Jones <dean_dot_jones_at_powerobjects_dot_com> wrote:
>Two things have to happen. One is you have to generate Java stubs for your
>remote PB component. Two is you have to deploy you remote component to
>Appeon.
>
>When your client application makes a call to EAServer its going through an
>Appeon servlet. The servlet needs Java stubs to call your component. Second
>when the appeondatastore is generating the full state it needs the appeon
>dataobject definition. It gets this by looking at the application object
>name and finding the dataobejcts associated with the application object in
>dataobjects.
>
>We have created a framework that allows you to retrieve/update more then one
>ds with a single call. So it solves a couple issues with Appeon. One is you
>can call with an array instead of a single call. You can also pass arguments
>by reference. I will be demo'ing this tomorrow (may 4) at the Minneapolis
>Sybase Tools seminar.
>
>Some tricks, put all your dataobjects in one pbl for deployment to Appeon.
>Make all your components have the same application object name as the
>dataobject's pbl application name. This greatly reduces what has to be
>deployed to Appeon. Deploy client application to Appeon, Deploy dataobejcts
>to appeon. Then deploy all your remote components to EAS. Note the dddw
>dataobjects must be in the client application. If your deploying the
>dataobejcts with the client, just make sure your remote components have the
>same application object name as the client application.
>
>--
>Dean Jones [TeamSybase]
>CEO
>Certified PowerBuilder Developer
>www.powerobjects.com
>(612) 339-3355 ext 112
>
>Don't Miss...
>http://seminar.powerobjects.com
>
>
>
>
>"Massimo" <see_message_body@domain.com> wrote in message
>news:42779f1e$1@forums-2-dub...
>>I get a random behaviour in setfullstate :
>>
>> I want to use Appeon (depeloper 2.8) to migrate to web my 3-tier
>> application. I
>> use PB 9.0.1 Build 7171 and EAS 5.0.0 and all is OK when I run the
>> application
>> from PB.
>> I observed all the suggestments of the Migration guide and of this thread.
>> I solved all the undetected features; i use getfullstate/setfullstate
>> with
>> appeondatastore/appeondatawindow to syncronize data (thanks to
>> 'appeon_workarounds_atl.pbl');
>> Finally I deploy application and server components with APPEON Xcelerator.
>> I reproduced the case in a simple test application :
>>
>> In my NVO :
>> public function string test_function ();
>> String ls_rtn
>> AppeonDataStore ldsa_ds
>>
>> ldsa_ds = Create AppeonDataStore
>> ldsa_ds.dataobject = "d_dataobject"
>> ldsa_ds.InsertRow( 0 )
>> ldsa_ds.SetItem( 1, "column1", "aaa" )
>> ldsa_ds.GetFullState( ls_rtn )
>> Return ls_rtn
>>
>> -------------------------------------------------
>>
>> In my test application:
>>
>> Connection l_conn
>> n_appl_server ln_appl_server
>> AppeondataStore ldsa_tmp
>> String ls_tmp
>> Integer li
>>
>> l_conn = Create Connection
>> l_conn.Driver = "jaguar"
>> l_conn.Application = "test_appeon"
>> l_conn.Location = "localhost:9989"
>> l_conn.UserID = "jagadmin"
>> l_conn.Password = ""
>>
>> l_conn.ConnectToServer()
>> l_conn.CreateInstance(ln_appl_server,"test_appeon/n_appl_server")
>>
>>
>> ls_tmp = ln_appl_server.test_function( )
>> ldsa_tmp = create AppeondataStore
>> li = ldsa_tmp.SetFullState( ls_tmp )
>>
>> ----------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Sometimes li = -1; sometimes is OK ; in this situation the length of
>> ls_tmp is
>> not the same.
>> I don't find any help in the Jaguar.log and in the logs in the appeonlog
>> folder.
>> What can i test ?
>>
>> Thanks
>> m.pucci@sisteda.it
>
>

m.pucci@sisteda.it