Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Picture object in datawindow does not show

6 posts in Appeon (partner product) Last posting was on 2005-05-11 01:48:17.0Z
Nick Mariano Jr. Posted on 2005-05-04 10:33:13.0Z
From: "Nick Mariano Jr." <namariano@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
Organization: 222.126.62.229
X-Newsreader: AspNNTP 1.50 (Takeshi Eto)
Subject: Picture object in datawindow does not show
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: web110.discountasp.net
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: web110.discountasp.net
Message-ID: <4278a4e9$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 4 May 2005 03:33:13 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1115202793 64.79.161.40 (4 May 2005 03:33:13 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 4 May 2005 03:33:13 -0700, web110.discountasp.net
Lines: 15
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:815
Article PK: 12699

Colleagues,

I added a picture object in a window, and it works. I understand appeon
deploys the pictures at %appeon deployment directory%\images so i just added a
images directory in my powerbuilder development directory. The picture object is
displayed both in my client server and appeon deployed application. However,
when I try to do the same for a datawindow, the picture object appears at the
client server program but it does not show in the appeon deployed application
nor in the appeon datawindow preview. I even tried to put the whole URL of the
image in my datawindow, it still did not appear in the appeon deployed
application. Please tell me what's happening?

Nick
---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp


Julie Jiang Posted on 2005-05-09 10:16:20.0Z
From: "Julie Jiang" <julie.jiang@appeon.net>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
Organization: 218.18.114.119
References: <4278a4e9$1@forums-1-dub>
X-Newsreader: AspNNTP 1.50 (Takeshi Eto)
Subject: Re: Picture object in datawindow does not show
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: web110.discountasp.net
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: web110.discountasp.net
Message-ID: <427f3874$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 9 May 2005 03:16:20 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1115633780 64.79.161.40 (9 May 2005 03:16:20 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 9 May 2005 03:16:20 -0700, web110.discountasp.net
Lines: 43
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:828
Article PK: 12706

Nick,

If you use the Pure-JavaScript deployment method, the picture object will not
show in the DataWindow because it is unsupported.

If you use the Appeon Xcelerator deployment method, the picture object can be
shown. The requirements are: (1) You have specified the image files in the Misc
tab page of the application profile before deployment; (2) It is verified that
the image files are located in the %appeon deployment directory%\images
directory.

You can check whether you are using the Pure-JavaScript or Appeon Xcelerator
deployment method by: (1) Go to the General Settings tab page of the application
profile; (2) If no options such as 'deploy to Pure-JavaScript' and 'deploy with
Appeon Xcelerator' are provided, it means that you are using the Advanced
Edition and the deployment method is always Pure-JavaScript. If the options
'deploy to Pure-JavaScript' and 'deploy with Appeon Xcelerator' are provided,
the method used is the method you selected. It is recommend that you select
'deploy with Appeon Xcelerator' since you want to display pictures in the
DataWindow.

Regards,
Julie

On 4 May 2005 03:33:13 -0700,
in sybase.public.appeon

Nick Mariano Jr. <namariano@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Colleagues,
>
> I added a picture object in a window, and it works. I understand appeon
>deploys the pictures at %appeon deployment directory%\images so i just added a
>images directory in my powerbuilder development directory. The picture object
is
>displayed both in my client server and appeon deployed application. However,
>when I try to do the same for a datawindow, the picture object appears at the
>client server program but it does not show in the appeon deployed application
>nor in the appeon datawindow preview. I even tried to put the whole URL of the
>image in my datawindow, it still did not appear in the appeon deployed
>application. Please tell me what's happening?
>
>Nick
>---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp


papa_t Posted on 2005-05-10 04:42:43.0Z
Sender: 197.428020a5.1804289383@sybase.com
From: papa_t
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
Subject: Re: Picture object in datawindow does not show
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <42803bbf.242.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <427f3874$1@forums-1-dub>
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.42
X-Original-Trace: 9 May 2005 21:42:39 -0700, 10.22.241.42
Lines: 58
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 9 May 2005 21:42:40 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 9 May 2005 21:42:43 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1115700163 10.22.108.75 (9 May 2005 21:42:43 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 9 May 2005 21:42:43 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:834
Article PK: 12710

Hi Julie!
You mentioned that we should deploy our application using
the xcelerator method. I've checked and this option is not
present in our installation.
How then can I deploy using the xcelerator?

Terence

> Nick,
>
> If you use the Pure-JavaScript deployment method, the
> picture object will not show in the DataWindow because it
> is unsupported.
>
> If you use the Appeon Xcelerator deployment method, the
> picture object can be shown. The requirements are: (1) You
> have specified the image files in the Misc tab page of the
> application profile before deployment; (2) It is verified
> that the image files are located in the %appeon deployment
> directory%\images directory.
>
> You can check whether you are using the Pure-JavaScript or
> Appeon Xcelerator deployment method by: (1) Go to the
> General Settings tab page of the application profile; (2)
> If no options such as 'deploy to Pure-JavaScript' and
> 'deploy with Appeon Xcelerator' are provided, it means
> that you are using the Advanced Edition and the deployment
> method is always Pure-JavaScript. If the options 'deploy
> to Pure-JavaScript' and 'deploy with Appeon Xcelerator'
> are provided, the method used is the method you selected.
> It is recommend that you select 'deploy with Appeon
> Xcelerator' since you want to display pictures in the
> DataWindow.
>
> Regards,
> Julie
>
> On 4 May 2005 03:33:13 -0700,
> in sybase.public.appeon
> Nick Mariano Jr. <namariano@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >Colleagues,
> >
> > I added a picture object in a window, and it works. I
> understand appeon >deploys the pictures at %appeon
> deployment directory%\images so i just added a >images
> directory in my powerbuilder development directory. The
> picture object is
> >displayed both in my client server and appeon deployed
> application. However, >when I try to do the same for a
> datawindow, the picture object appears at the >client
> server program but it does not show in the appeon deployed
> application >nor in the appeon datawindow preview. I even
> tried to put the whole URL of the >image in my datawindow
> , it still did not appear in the appeon deployed
> >application. Please tell me what's happening? >
> >Nick
> >---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
> >http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp


Julie Jiang Posted on 2005-05-10 10:49:39.0Z
From: "Julie Jiang" <julie.jiang@appeon.net>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
Organization: 218.18.114.119
References: <427f3874$1@forums-1-dub> <42803bbf.242.1681692777@sybase.com>
X-Newsreader: AspNNTP 1.50 (Takeshi Eto)
Subject: Re: Picture object in datawindow does not show
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: web110.discountasp.net
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: web110.discountasp.net
Message-ID: <428091c3$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 10 May 2005 03:49:39 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1115722179 64.79.161.40 (10 May 2005 03:49:39 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 10 May 2005 03:49:39 -0700, web110.discountasp.net
Lines: 73
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:838
Article PK: 12711

Hi Terence,

If the Xcelerator option is not avaible, it means that you are using Appeon 2.8
Advanced Edition. Appeon 2.8 Advanced Edition does not provide Xcelerator
option. Appeon 2.8 Enterprise Edition provides both Pure-Javascript and
Xcelerator options. You should discuss with your sales channel on how to get
the Enterprise Edition. Well before that, you may first evaluate whether it is
indeed important to have Picture object in the DataWindow.

Regards,
Julie

On 9 May 2005 21:42:43 -0700,
in sybase.public.appeon

<papa_t> wrote:
>Hi Julie!
>You mentioned that we should deploy our application using
>the xcelerator method. I've checked and this option is not
>present in our installation.
>How then can I deploy using the xcelerator?
>
>Terence
>
>> Nick,
>>
>> If you use the Pure-JavaScript deployment method, the
>> picture object will not show in the DataWindow because it
>> is unsupported.
>>
>> If you use the Appeon Xcelerator deployment method, the
>> picture object can be shown. The requirements are: (1) You
>> have specified the image files in the Misc tab page of the
>> application profile before deployment; (2) It is verified
>> that the image files are located in the %appeon deployment
>> directory%\images directory.
>>
>> You can check whether you are using the Pure-JavaScript or
>> Appeon Xcelerator deployment method by: (1) Go to the
>> General Settings tab page of the application profile; (2)
>> If no options such as 'deploy to Pure-JavaScript' and
>> 'deploy with Appeon Xcelerator' are provided, it means
>> that you are using the Advanced Edition and the deployment
>> method is always Pure-JavaScript. If the options 'deploy
>> to Pure-JavaScript' and 'deploy with Appeon Xcelerator'
>> are provided, the method used is the method you selected.
>> It is recommend that you select 'deploy with Appeon
>> Xcelerator' since you want to display pictures in the
>> DataWindow.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Julie
>>
>> On 4 May 2005 03:33:13 -0700,
>> in sybase.public.appeon
>> Nick Mariano Jr. <namariano@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> >Colleagues,
>> >
>> > I added a picture object in a window, and it works. I
>> understand appeon >deploys the pictures at %appeon
>> deployment directory%\images so i just added a >images
>> directory in my powerbuilder development directory. The
>> picture object is
>> >displayed both in my client server and appeon deployed
>> application. However, >when I try to do the same for a
>> datawindow, the picture object appears at the >client
>> server program but it does not show in the appeon deployed
>> application >nor in the appeon datawindow preview. I even
>> tried to put the whole URL of the >image in my datawindow
>> , it still did not appear in the appeon deployed
>> >application. Please tell me what's happening? >
>> >Nick
>> >---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>> >http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp


papa_t Posted on 2005-05-11 01:48:17.0Z
Sender: 4f2e.42807d44.1804289383@sybase.com
From: papa_t
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
Subject: Re: Picture object in datawindow does not show
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <42816461.589f.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <428091c3$1@forums-1-dub>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 10 May 2005 18:48:17 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1115776097 10.22.241.41 (10 May 2005 18:48:17 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 10 May 2005 18:48:17 -0700, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 83
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:843
Article PK: 20926

Thanks Julie!

We'll use windings 2 question mark (?) character to simulate
the setrowfocusindicator(hand!) in our datawindows.
Thanks for all the support.

Terence

> Hi Terence,
>
> If the Xcelerator option is not avaible, it means that you
> are using Appeon 2.8 Advanced Edition. Appeon 2.8
> Advanced Edition does not provide Xcelerator option.
> Appeon 2.8 Enterprise Edition provides both
> Pure-Javascript and Xcelerator options. You should
> discuss with your sales channel on how to get the
> Enterprise Edition. Well before that, you may first
> evaluate whether it is indeed important to have Picture
> object in the DataWindow.
>
> Regards,
> Julie
>
> On 9 May 2005 21:42:43 -0700,
> in sybase.public.appeon
> <papa_t> wrote:
> >Hi Julie!
> >You mentioned that we should deploy our application using
> >the xcelerator method. I've checked and this option is
> not >present in our installation.
> >How then can I deploy using the xcelerator?
> >
> >Terence
> >
> >> Nick,
> >>
> >> If you use the Pure-JavaScript deployment method, the
> >> picture object will not show in the DataWindow because
> it >> is unsupported.
> >>
> >> If you use the Appeon Xcelerator deployment method, the
> >> picture object can be shown. The requirements are: (1)
> You >> have specified the image files in the Misc tab page
> of the >> application profile before deployment; (2) It is
> verified >> that the image files are located in the
> %appeon deployment >> directory%\images directory.
> >>
> >> You can check whether you are using the Pure-JavaScript
> or >> Appeon Xcelerator deployment method by: (1) Go to
> the >> General Settings tab page of the application
> profile; (2) >> If no options such as 'deploy to
> Pure-JavaScript' and >> 'deploy with Appeon Xcelerator'
> are provided, it means >> that you are using the Advanced
> Edition and the deployment >> method is always
> Pure-JavaScript. If the options 'deploy >> to
> Pure-JavaScript' and 'deploy with Appeon Xcelerator' >>
> are provided, the method used is the method you selected.
> >> It is recommend that you select 'deploy with Appeon >>
> Xcelerator' since you want to display pictures in the >>
> DataWindow. >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Julie
> >>
> >> On 4 May 2005 03:33:13 -0700,
> >> in sybase.public.appeon
> >> Nick Mariano Jr. <namariano@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> >Colleagues,
> >> >
> >> > I added a picture object in a window, and it works.
> I >> understand appeon >deploys the pictures at %appeon
> >> deployment directory%\images so i just added a >images
> >> directory in my powerbuilder development directory. The
> >> picture object is
> >> >displayed both in my client server and appeon deployed
> >> application. However, >when I try to do the same for a
> >> datawindow, the picture object appears at the >client
> >> server program but it does not show in the appeon
> deployed >> application >nor in the appeon datawindow
> preview. I even >> tried to put the whole URL of the
> >image in my datawindow >> , it still did not appear in
> the appeon deployed >> >application. Please tell me what's
> happening? > >> >Nick
> >> >---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
> >> >http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp


Dean Jones Posted on 2005-05-05 18:21:35.0Z
From: "Dean Jones" <dean_dot_jones_at_powerobjects_dot_com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
References: <4278a4e9$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: Picture object in datawindow does not show
Lines: 35
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2180
NNTP-Posting-Host: 216.207.144.172
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 216.207.144.172
Message-ID: <427a642f$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 5 May 2005 11:21:35 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1115317295 216.207.144.172 (5 May 2005 11:21:35 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 5 May 2005 11:21:35 -0700, 216.207.144.172
X-Authenticated-User: TeamSybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:822
Article PK: 20909

are you using javascript or xcelerator?

--
Dean Jones [TeamSybase]
CEO
Certified PowerBuilder Developer
www.powerobjects.com
(612) 339-3355 ext 112

"Nick Mariano Jr." <namariano@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:4278a4e9$1@forums-1-dub...
> Colleagues,
>
> I added a picture object in a window, and it works. I understand appeon
> deploys the pictures at %appeon deployment directory%\images so i just
> added a
> images directory in my powerbuilder development directory. The picture
> object is
> displayed both in my client server and appeon deployed application.
> However,
> when I try to do the same for a datawindow, the picture object appears at
> the
> client server program but it does not show in the appeon deployed
> application
> nor in the appeon datawindow preview. I even tried to put the whole URL of
> the
> image in my datawindow, it still did not appear in the appeon deployed
> application. Please tell me what's happening?
>
> Nick
> ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
> http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp