Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

PB 10 Inet Object - postURL 2

4 posts in Objects Last posting was on 2005-05-12 19:48:30.0Z
pete Posted on 2005-05-12 15:39:52.0Z
Sender: 6fd4.4283780b.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Pete
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
Subject: PB 10 Inet Object - postURL 2
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <428378c8.6fe1.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 12 May 2005 08:39:52 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1115912392 10.22.241.41 (12 May 2005 08:39:52 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 12 May 2005 08:39:52 -0700, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 11
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:8400
Article PK: 735625

I made 3 additional posts in the last two days under my
other topic and they still haven't appeared???

Thanks Boris, your answer was on the right track. I posted
the complete fix, which I don't have time to do again. I had
to replace all blob and string functions that sent received
data. I removed the parm length from the header. I also had
to urlencode the parm data, which I didn't have to do
before. I decided to convert to utf8 instead of ansi (not
sure I'm correct) since most webpages i've dealt with are
also encoded as utf8.


Doug Porter Posted on 2005-05-12 16:09:01.0Z
From: "Doug Porter" <doug_porterATdailyaccessDOTnospamDOTcom>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
References: <428378c8.6fe1.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: PB 10 Inet Object - postURL 2
Lines: 19
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1106
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1106
NNTP-Posting-Host: 12.6.74.65
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 12.6.74.65
Message-ID: <42837f9d$2@forums-1-dub>
Date: 12 May 2005 09:09:01 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1115914141 12.6.74.65 (12 May 2005 09:09:01 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 12 May 2005 09:09:01 -0700, 12.6.74.65
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:8401
Article PK: 735623

Did you post trough Sybase's site or through Google?

Doug Porter
DailyAccess Corporation

<Pete> wrote in message news:428378c8.6fe1.1681692777@sybase.com...
> I made 3 additional posts in the last two days under my
> other topic and they still haven't appeared???
>
> Thanks Boris, your answer was on the right track. I posted
> the complete fix, which I don't have time to do again. I had
> to replace all blob and string functions that sent received
> data. I removed the parm length from the header. I also had
> to urlencode the parm data, which I didn't have to do
> before. I decided to convert to utf8 instead of ansi (not
> sure I'm correct) since most webpages i've dealt with are
> also encoded as utf8.


pete Posted on 2005-05-12 19:10:53.0Z
Sender: 6fd4.4283780b.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Pete
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
Subject: Re: PB 10 Inet Object - postURL 2
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4283aa3d.723c.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <42837f9d$2@forums-1-dub>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 12 May 2005 12:10:53 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1115925053 10.22.241.41 (12 May 2005 12:10:53 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 12 May 2005 12:10:53 -0700, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 21
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:8402
Article PK: 735627

I used the 'compose response' link in the webinterface on
the Sybase site.

> Did you post trough Sybase's site or through Google?
>
> Doug Porter
> DailyAccess Corporation
>
> <Pete> wrote in message
> > news:428378c8.6fe1.1681692777@sybase.com... I made 3
> > additional posts in the last two days under my other
> topic and they still haven't appeared??? >
> > Thanks Boris, your answer was on the right track. I
> > posted the complete fix, which I don't have time to do
> > again. I had to replace all blob and string functions
> > that sent received data. I removed the parm length from
> > the header. I also had to urlencode the parm data, which
> > I didn't have to do before. I decided to convert to
> > utf8 instead of ansi (not sure I'm correct) since most
> > webpages i've dealt with are also encoded as utf8.
>
>


Doug Porter Posted on 2005-05-12 19:48:30.0Z
From: "Doug Porter" <doug_porterATdailyaccessDOTnospamDOTcom>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
References: <42837f9d$2@forums-1-dub> <4283aa3d.723c.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: PB 10 Inet Object - postURL 2
Lines: 29
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1106
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1106
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 12.6.74.65
Message-ID: <4283b30c$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 12 May 2005 12:48:28 -0700, 12.6.74.65
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 12 May 2005 12:48:29 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 12 May 2005 12:48:30 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1115927310 10.22.108.75 (12 May 2005 12:48:30 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 12 May 2005 12:48:30 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:8403
Article PK: 735628

yep, that one should do it. Must be Gremlins...or Sun Spots..

Doug Porter
DailyAccess Corporation

<Pete> wrote in message news:4283aa3d.723c.1681692777@sybase.com...
> I used the 'compose response' link in the webinterface on
> the Sybase site.
> > Did you post trough Sybase's site or through Google?
> >
> > Doug Porter
> > DailyAccess Corporation
> >
> > <Pete> wrote in message
> > > news:428378c8.6fe1.1681692777@sybase.com... I made 3
> > > additional posts in the last two days under my other
> > topic and they still haven't appeared??? >
> > > Thanks Boris, your answer was on the right track. I
> > > posted the complete fix, which I don't have time to do
> > > again. I had to replace all blob and string functions
> > > that sent received data. I removed the parm length from
> > > the header. I also had to urlencode the parm data, which
> > > I didn't have to do before. I decided to convert to
> > > utf8 instead of ansi (not sure I'm correct) since most
> > > webpages i've dealt with are also encoded as utf8.
> >
> >