Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Differences between jconnect 5.5 and jODBC ?

14 posts in General Discussion Last posting was on 2005-06-14 18:24:30.0Z
Andre Schild Posted on 2005-06-07 14:06:53.0Z
From: Andre Schild <a.schild@aarboard.ch>
User-Agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0 (Windows/20041206)
X-Accept-Language: de-DE, de, en-us, en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Differences between jconnect 5.5 and jODBC ?
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-15; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: ws5100scax.aarboard.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: ws5100scax.aarboard.com
Message-ID: <42a5a9fd$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 7 Jun 2005 07:06:53 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1118153213 195.48.144.80 (7 Jun 2005 07:06:53 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 7 Jun 2005 07:06:53 -0700, ws5100scax.aarboard.com
Lines: 30
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:4534
Article PK: 8339

Hello,

we have a lot of ASA 6.x - 9.0 applications, most written in java.
Until now we used jConnect 5.x to access the database.

Regarding all recomendations, the use of jODBC should improve
performance.

We did some tests with jODBC, but it does behave differently than
jConnect 5.5. (Read, our application won't work with it)

Our test environment is ASA 9.0.2.xxxx on linux and on Windows XP/2000.
The datasource is managed via Tomcat 5.5 and the dbcp pooling.

In some places we always get the error message: "Nicht in der Zeile"
looking through the iresource_de.properties, the english text is:
"Not on row"

Are there some limitations on sharing/duplicating connections and or
statements ?

There is a lot of framework between the sql calls and the final
getString() etc. so it's not that easy to track the sequence down.
But the problem is perhaps, that we use one connection and have multiple
statements and resultsets open on the very same connection.

Or any other hints / known problems with the jODBC driver ?


André


Greg Fenton Posted on 2005-06-09 00:18:49.0Z
From: Greg Fenton <greg.fenton_NOSPAM_@ianywhere.com>
Organization: iAnywhere Solutions Inc.
User-Agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.6.3.2f (Windows/20050317)
X-Accept-Language: en-us, en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Re: Differences between jconnect 5.5 and jODBC ?
References: <42a5a9fd$1@forums-1-dub>
In-Reply-To: <42a5a9fd$1@forums-1-dub>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-15; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: cpec2cdc91b1d31-cm000f212f9e50.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: cpec2cdc91b1d31-cm000f212f9e50.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com
Message-ID: <42a78ae9$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 8 Jun 2005 17:18:49 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1118276329 69.198.107.137 (8 Jun 2005 17:18:49 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 8 Jun 2005 17:18:49 -0700, cpec2cdc91b1d31-cm000f212f9e50.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com
Lines: 30
X-Authenticated-User: techsupp
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:4540
Article PK: 8347


Andre Schild wrote:
>
> Or any other hints / known problems with the jODBC driver ?
>

The iAnywhere JDBC (jODBC) driver definitely behaves differently than
jConnect. Whether this is a problem with jODBC or jConnect is open to
interpretation :-)

The benefit of jODBC is that it uses an ASA interface (ODBC) that
performs much better than the TDS interface used by jConnect. ODBC is
much more efficient and flexible.

I can't speak specifically to cursors, but it would not surprise me in
the least that jConnect's cursor behaviour is different than that of
other database libraries. I think your best move it to try to isolate
one particular part of your application that is causing the problem and
run it while you have request-level logging enabled in the database.
That would help you isolate the particular SQL having problems, and from
that you might pin-point the problem in your database layer.

Hope this helps,
greg.fenton
--
Greg Fenton
Consultant, Solution Services, iAnywhere Solutions
--------
Visit the iAnywhere Solutions Developer Community
Whitepapers, TechDocs, Downloads
http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/


Andre Schild Posted on 2005-06-09 05:59:36.0Z
From: Andre Schild <a.schild@aarboard.ch>
User-Agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0 (Windows/20041206)
X-Accept-Language: de-DE, de, en-us, en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Re: Differences between jconnect 5.5 and jODBC ?
References: <42a5a9fd$1@forums-1-dub> <42a78ae9$1@forums-1-dub>
In-Reply-To: <42a78ae9$1@forums-1-dub>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-15; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: ws5100scax.aarboard.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: ws5100scax.aarboard.com
Message-ID: <42a7dac8$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 8 Jun 2005 22:59:36 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1118296776 195.48.144.80 (8 Jun 2005 22:59:36 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 8 Jun 2005 22:59:36 -0700, ws5100scax.aarboard.com
Lines: 33
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:4541
Article PK: 8348

Greg Fenton schrieb:

> Andre Schild wrote:
>
>>
>> Or any other hints / known problems with the jODBC driver ?
>>
>
> The iAnywhere JDBC (jODBC) driver definitely behaves differently than
> jConnect. Whether this is a problem with jODBC or jConnect is open to
> interpretation :-)

;-)

>
> The benefit of jODBC is that it uses an ASA interface (ODBC) that
> performs much better than the TDS interface used by jConnect. ODBC is
> much more efficient and flexible.

When I get the jODBC running I will see how much differences this makes.

>
> I can't speak specifically to cursors, but it would not surprise me in
> the least that jConnect's cursor behaviour is different than that of
> other database libraries. I think your best move it to try to isolate
> one particular part of your application that is causing the problem and
> run it while you have request-level logging enabled in the database.
> That would help you isolate the particular SQL having problems, and from
> that you might pin-point the problem in your database layer.
Will have to track it down.

Thanks

André


Andre Schild Posted on 2005-06-09 23:03:30.0Z
From: Andre Schild <a.schild@aarboard.ch>
User-Agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.2 (Windows/20050317)
X-Accept-Language: de-ch, de, en-us, en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Re: Differences between jconnect 5.5 and jODBC ?
References: <42a5a9fd$1@forums-1-dub> <42a78ae9$1@forums-1-dub>
In-Reply-To: <42a78ae9$1@forums-1-dub>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-15; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: 212-41-98-141.adsl.solnet.ch
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 212-41-98-141.adsl.solnet.ch
Message-ID: <42a8cac2$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 9 Jun 2005 16:03:30 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1118358210 212.41.98.141 (9 Jun 2005 16:03:30 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 9 Jun 2005 16:03:30 -0700, 212-41-98-141.adsl.solnet.ch
Lines: 70
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:4545
Article PK: 8351

Greg Fenton schrieb:

> Andre Schild wrote:
>
>>
>> Or any other hints / known problems with the jODBC driver ?
>>
>
> The iAnywhere JDBC (jODBC) driver definitely behaves differently than
> jConnect. Whether this is a problem with jODBC or jConnect is open to
> interpretation :-)

I fear this case IS a problem.
Do the following with jODBC on a table with at least 1 row:

try
{
String driver, url;
Connection conn;
driver="ianywhere.ml.jdbcodbc.IDriver";
url = "jdbc:odbc:dsn=MyDB";
Class.forName( driver );
conn = DriverManager.getConnection( url );
Statement st1= conn.createStatement();
ResultSet rs1= st1.executeQuery("select * from languages");
if (rs1.next())
{
System.out.println("On first row of languages, ID=" +
rs1.getString("Languages"));
rs1.relative(0);
System.out.println("Still on first row of languages, ID=" +
rs1.getString("Languages"));
}
rs1.close();
st1.close();
conn.close();
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
System.err.println("Error: "+ex.getLocalizedMessage());
}


As you will see, it trows the "Not on row" exception on the second
rs1.getString("Languages");

If we remove the rs1.relative(0) call, then everything runns smooth.

Here the javadoc of JDK 1.4.2 about Relative:

Calling relative(0) is valid, but does not change the cursor position.



Aaarrrgghhhh,

I did in the past (~2 years ago) struggle over a nasty problem in
the jConnect driver where the setFetchsize() did also
mess with the current resultset, also a error in the jdbc driver at that
time. (Solved by sybase in the meantime)

Why are jdbc driver error always hit ME ????? :-()



Can please someone confirm that the relative(0) is the problem ?
I will then open a case with sybase.



André


Greg Fenton Posted on 2005-06-10 02:20:36.0Z
From: Greg Fenton <greg.fenton_NOSPAM_@ianywhere.com>
Organization: iAnywhere Solutions Inc.
User-Agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.6.3.2f (Windows/20050317)
X-Accept-Language: en-us, en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Re: Differences between jconnect 5.5 and jODBC ?
References: <42a5a9fd$1@forums-1-dub> <42a78ae9$1@forums-1-dub> <42a8cac2$1@forums-1-dub>
In-Reply-To: <42a8cac2$1@forums-1-dub>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-15; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: cpec2cdc91b1d31-cm000f212f9e50.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com
Message-ID: <42a8f8f0$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 9 Jun 2005 19:20:32 -0700, cpec2cdc91b1d31-cm000f212f9e50.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com
Lines: 30
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 9 Jun 2005 19:20:33 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 9 Jun 2005 19:20:36 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1118370036 10.22.108.75 (9 Jun 2005 19:20:36 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 9 Jun 2005 19:20:36 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:4546
Article PK: 8354


Andre Schild wrote:
>
> Can please someone confirm that the relative(0) is the problem ?
> I will then open a case with sybase.
>

I believe it is actually a problem with subsequent calls to getString():

============(Build #2535 - Engineering Case #373086)============

If a JDBC cursor was positioned on a row with a LONG VARCHAR column,
then calling ResultSet.getString() on the column would have returned the
proper value for the first call, but each subsequent call would have
returned NULL if the cursor had not been repositioned. This problem has
now been fixed.
=================================================================

You haven't provided the build number you are currently using (use the
command "dbeng9 -v"), but if you can try upgrading to the latest EBF (as
of today, 3131) and see if the issue still exists.

Please post back either way and let us know how it goes,
greg.fenton
--
Greg Fenton
Consultant, Solution Services, iAnywhere Solutions
--------
Visit the iAnywhere Solutions Developer Community
Whitepapers, TechDocs, Downloads
http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/


Andre Schild Posted on 2005-06-10 06:15:15.0Z
From: Andre Schild <a.schild@aarboard.ch>
User-Agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0 (Windows/20041206)
X-Accept-Language: de-DE, de, en-us, en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Re: Differences between jconnect 5.5 and jODBC ?
References: <42a5a9fd$1@forums-1-dub> <42a78ae9$1@forums-1-dub> <42a8cac2$1@forums-1-dub> <42a8f8f0$1@forums-2-dub>
In-Reply-To: <42a8f8f0$1@forums-2-dub>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-15; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: ws5100scax.aarboard.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: ws5100scax.aarboard.com
Message-ID: <42a92ff3$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 9 Jun 2005 23:15:15 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1118384115 195.48.144.80 (9 Jun 2005 23:15:15 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 9 Jun 2005 23:15:15 -0700, ws5100scax.aarboard.com
Lines: 50
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:4547
Article PK: 8356

Greg Fenton schrieb:

> Andre Schild wrote:
>
>>
>> Can please someone confirm that the relative(0) is the problem ?
>> I will then open a case with sybase.
>>
>
> I believe it is actually a problem with subsequent calls to getString():

Hello Greg,

no, it isn't that problem.
I had tested with build 3124 on Windows XP.
I now upgraded to 3131 and still have the same problem.


I did change the test to use the ASA 9.0 sample database:

try
{
String driver, url;
Connection conn;
driver="ianywhere.ml.jdbcodbc.IDriver";
url = "jdbc:odbc:dsn=ASA 9.0 Sample";
Class.forName( driver );
conn = DriverManager.getConnection( url );
Statement st1= conn.createStatement();
ResultSet rs1= st1.executeQuery("select * from product");
if (rs1.next())
{
System.out.println("On first row of product, ID=" + rs1.getString("id"));
rs1.relative(0);
System.out.println("Still on first row of product, ID=" +
rs1.getString("id"));
}
rs1.close();
st1.close();
conn.close();
}

When I have the rs1.relative(0), then it fails at the second
rs1.getString("id").
When I comment the rs1.relative(0), then the second getString
works.

Please test it yourself, it's difficult to make a shorter
reproducable testcase :-)

André


Stephen Rice Posted on 2005-06-10 15:52:29.0Z
From: Stephen Rice <NSsrice@ianywhere.com>
Reply-To: NSsrice@ianywhere.com
Organization: iAnywhere Solutions
User-Agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.2 (Windows/20050317)
X-Accept-Language: en-us, en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Re: Differences between jconnect 5.5 and jODBC ?
References: <42a5a9fd$1@forums-1-dub> <42a78ae9$1@forums-1-dub> <42a8cac2$1@forums-1-dub> <42a8f8f0$1@forums-2-dub> <42a92ff3$1@forums-1-dub>
In-Reply-To: <42a92ff3$1@forums-1-dub>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-15; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: srice-laptop.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: srice-laptop.sybase.com
Message-ID: <42a9b73d@forums-1-dub>
Date: 10 Jun 2005 08:52:29 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1118418749 10.25.98.210 (10 Jun 2005 08:52:29 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 10 Jun 2005 08:52:29 -0700, srice-laptop.sybase.com
Lines: 68
X-Authenticated-User: techsupp
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:4549
Article PK: 8357


Andre Schild wrote:
> Greg Fenton schrieb:
>
>> Andre Schild wrote:
>>
>>>
>>> Can please someone confirm that the relative(0) is the problem ?
>>> I will then open a case with sybase.
>>>
>>
>> I believe it is actually a problem with subsequent calls to getString():
>
>
> Hello Greg,
>
> no, it isn't that problem.
> I had tested with build 3124 on Windows XP.
> I now upgraded to 3131 and still have the same problem.
>
>
> I did change the test to use the ASA 9.0 sample database:
>
> try
> {
> String driver, url;
> Connection conn;
> driver="ianywhere.ml.jdbcodbc.IDriver";
> url = "jdbc:odbc:dsn=ASA 9.0 Sample";
> Class.forName( driver );
> conn = DriverManager.getConnection( url );
> Statement st1= conn.createStatement();
> ResultSet rs1= st1.executeQuery("select * from product");
> if (rs1.next())
> {
> System.out.println("On first row of product, ID=" + rs1.getString("id"));
> rs1.relative(0);
> System.out.println("Still on first row of product, ID=" +
> rs1.getString("id"));
> }
> rs1.close();
> st1.close();
> conn.close();
> }
>
> When I have the rs1.relative(0), then it fails at the second
> rs1.getString("id").
> When I comment the rs1.relative(0), then the second getString
> works.
>
> Please test it yourself, it's difficult to make a shorter
> reproducable testcase :-)
>
> André

Hi Andre

Sure looks like a bug. Please open a bug through iAnywhere.com and
someone will submit it to engineering

/steve

--
Stephen Rice
Technical Services Manager
iAnywhere Solutions

--- Please Post ---
Whitepapers, Tech Docs, Solved Cases, Bug Fixes and
"Report a bug" are all available on www.ianywhere.com


Andre Schild Posted on 2005-06-10 16:11:17.0Z
From: Andre Schild <a.schild@aarboard.ch>
User-Agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0 (Windows/20041206)
X-Accept-Language: de-DE, de, en-us, en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Re: Differences between jconnect 5.5 and jODBC ?
References: <42a5a9fd$1@forums-1-dub> <42a78ae9$1@forums-1-dub> <42a8cac2$1@forums-1-dub> <42a8f8f0$1@forums-2-dub> <42a92ff3$1@forums-1-dub> <42a9b73d@forums-1-dub>
In-Reply-To: <42a9b73d@forums-1-dub>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-15; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: ws5100scax.aarboard.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: ws5100scax.aarboard.com
Message-ID: <42a9bba5@forums-1-dub>
Date: 10 Jun 2005 09:11:17 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1118419877 195.48.144.80 (10 Jun 2005 09:11:17 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 10 Jun 2005 09:11:17 -0700, ws5100scax.aarboard.com
Lines: 71
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:4550
Article PK: 8358

Stephen Rice schrieb:

> Andre Schild wrote:
>
>> Greg Fenton schrieb:
>>
>>> Andre Schild wrote:
>>>
>>>>
>>>> Can please someone confirm that the relative(0) is the problem ?
>>>> I will then open a case with sybase.
>>>>
>>>
>>> I believe it is actually a problem with subsequent calls to getString():
>>
>>
>>
>> Hello Greg,
>>
>> no, it isn't that problem.
>> I had tested with build 3124 on Windows XP.
>> I now upgraded to 3131 and still have the same problem.
>>
>>
>> I did change the test to use the ASA 9.0 sample database:
>>
>> try
>> {
>> String driver, url;
>> Connection conn;
>> driver="ianywhere.ml.jdbcodbc.IDriver";
>> url = "jdbc:odbc:dsn=ASA 9.0 Sample";
>> Class.forName( driver );
>> conn = DriverManager.getConnection( url );
>> Statement st1= conn.createStatement();
>> ResultSet rs1= st1.executeQuery("select * from product");
>> if (rs1.next())
>> {
>> System.out.println("On first row of product, ID=" +
>> rs1.getString("id"));
>> rs1.relative(0);
>> System.out.println("Still on first row of product, ID=" +
>> rs1.getString("id"));
>> }
>> rs1.close();
>> st1.close();
>> conn.close();
>> }
>>
>> When I have the rs1.relative(0), then it fails at the second
>> rs1.getString("id").
>> When I comment the rs1.relative(0), then the second getString
>> works.
>>
>> Please test it yourself, it's difficult to make a shorter
>> reproducable testcase :-)
>>
>> André
>
> Hi Andre
>
> Sure looks like a bug. Please open a bug through iAnywhere.com and
> someone will submit it to engineering
>
> /steve
>

Case: 11144991

Thanks

André


Andre Schild Posted on 2005-06-13 09:13:16.0Z
From: Andre Schild <a.schild@aarboard.ch>
User-Agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0 (Windows/20041206)
X-Accept-Language: de-DE, de, en-us, en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Re: Differences between jconnect 5.5 and jODBC ?
References: <42a5a9fd$1@forums-1-dub> <42a78ae9$1@forums-1-dub> <42a8cac2$1@forums-1-dub> <42a8f8f0$1@forums-2-dub> <42a92ff3$1@forums-1-dub> <42a9b73d@forums-1-dub>
In-Reply-To: <42a9b73d@forums-1-dub>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-15; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: ws5100scax.aarboard.com
Message-ID: <42ad4e28@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 13 Jun 2005 02:13:12 -0700, ws5100scax.aarboard.com
Lines: 15
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 13 Jun 2005 02:13:13 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 13 Jun 2005 02:13:16 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1118653996 10.22.108.75 (13 Jun 2005 02:13:16 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 13 Jun 2005 02:13:16 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:4554
Article PK: 8362


> Hi Andre
>
> Sure looks like a bug. Please open a bug through iAnywhere.com and
> someone will submit it to engineering
>
> /steve
>

I have submitted the bug, this one has been forwarded to engineering and
my case has been closed.

So there is no way to know what happened with it and when it will be
solved... ?

André


"Rob Waywell" <rwaywell Posted on 2005-06-13 12:15:24.0Z
From: "Rob Waywell" <rwaywell@no_spam.ianywhere.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
References: <42a5a9fd$1@forums-1-dub> <42a78ae9$1@forums-1-dub> <42a8cac2$1@forums-1-dub> <42a8f8f0$1@forums-2-dub> <42a92ff3$1@forums-1-dub> <42a9b73d@forums-1-dub> <42ad4e28@forums-2-dub>
Subject: Re: Differences between jconnect 5.5 and jODBC ?
Lines: 75
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2180
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: rwaywell-xp.sybase.com
Message-ID: <42ad78d8$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 13 Jun 2005 05:15:20 -0700, rwaywell-xp.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 13 Jun 2005 05:15:21 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 13 Jun 2005 05:15:24 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1118664924 10.22.108.75 (13 Jun 2005 05:15:24 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 13 Jun 2005 05:15:24 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:4555
Article PK: 8363

You may not have read the notice that is presented when you submit a bug
report:

Important Message Regarding Bug Reports

This service allows bugs, which do not require immediate technical
assistance, to be conveniently reported. You will receive a tracking number
to allow you to check status, but will not have access to technical support.
Bug reports submitted through this process have a lower priority than other
support cases, and no response time is established. A determination will be
made if the bug submitted is new or a previously identified bug. As part of
this process, replication of the problem may be performed, so inclusion of
examples is requested. If the bug is an existing bug, the bug number will be
documented in the case notes for your information and tracking. If the bug
is new, it will be documented and taken under consideration for a future
release. However, we are not able to guarantee that any one problem will be
resolved in any specific version of our products. If the bug cannot be
reproduced, the case will be closed. Thank you for submitting this
information.

If technical assistance is required - DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE - you
must submit your request via the terms of your technical support plan.



One thing to add to the above notice is that all bug fixes are
documented in the readme file for the EBF or Maintenace Release in which the
fix is made.

If you are looking for ongoing interaction with Technical Support,
then you certainly have the option of opening a support case under your
Support Plan.



--
-----------------------------------------------
Robert Waywell
Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Developer - Version 8
Sybase Certified Professional

Sybase's iAnywhere Solutions

Please respond ONLY to newsgroup

EBF's and Patches: http://downloads.sybase.com
choose SQL Anywhere Studio >> change 'time frame' to all

To Submit Bug Reports:
http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/cx.stm?starturl=casemessage.ssc?CASETYPE=Bug

SQL Anywhere Studio Supported Platforms and Support Status
http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1002288

Whitepapers, TechDocs, and bug fixes are all available through the iAnywhere
Developer Community at www.ianywhere.com/developer

"Andre Schild" <a.schild@aarboard.ch> wrote in message
news:42ad4e28@forums-2-dub...
>> Hi Andre
>>
>> Sure looks like a bug. Please open a bug through iAnywhere.com and
>> someone will submit it to engineering
>>
>> /steve
>>
>
> I have submitted the bug, this one has been forwarded to engineering and
> my case has been closed.
>
> So there is no way to know what happened with it and when it will be
> solved... ?
>
> André


Andre Schild Posted on 2005-06-13 18:56:32.0Z
From: Andre Schild <a.schild@aarboard.ch>
User-Agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.2 (Windows/20050317)
X-Accept-Language: de-ch, de, en-us, en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Re: Differences between jconnect 5.5 and jODBC ?
References: <42a5a9fd$1@forums-1-dub> <42a78ae9$1@forums-1-dub> <42a8cac2$1@forums-1-dub> <42a8f8f0$1@forums-2-dub> <42a92ff3$1@forums-1-dub> <42a9b73d@forums-1-dub> <42ad4e28@forums-2-dub> <42ad78d8$1@forums-2-dub>
In-Reply-To: <42ad78d8$1@forums-2-dub>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-15; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 212-41-65-95.adsl.solnet.ch
Message-ID: <42add6dc$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 13 Jun 2005 11:56:28 -0700, 212-41-65-95.adsl.solnet.ch
Lines: 11
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 13 Jun 2005 11:56:29 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 13 Jun 2005 11:56:32 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1118688992 10.22.108.75 (13 Jun 2005 11:56:32 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 13 Jun 2005 11:56:32 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:4556
Article PK: 8364

Rob Waywell schrieb:

> You may not have read the notice that is presented when you submit a bug
> report:

Not the current version.... :-(

No, I know that this is not technical support.
But the other times I did at least receive a confirmation that it is a
valid bug.

André


Breck Carter [TeamSybase] Posted on 2005-06-13 20:08:29.0Z
From: "Breck Carter [TeamSybase]" <NOSPAM__bcarter@risingroad.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Re: Differences between jconnect 5.5 and jODBC ?
Organization: RisingRoad Professional Services
Reply-To: NOSPAM__bcarter@risingroad.com
Message-ID: <1jpra1hvi13dag10i430goudknev1pbk67@4ax.com>
References: <42a5a9fd$1@forums-1-dub> <42a78ae9$1@forums-1-dub> <42a8cac2$1@forums-1-dub> <42a8f8f0$1@forums-2-dub> <42a92ff3$1@forums-1-dub> <42a9b73d@forums-1-dub> <42ad4e28@forums-2-dub> <42ad78d8$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 2.0/32.640
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: 12.24.172.2
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 12.24.172.2
Date: 13 Jun 2005 13:08:29 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1118693309 12.24.172.2 (13 Jun 2005 13:08:29 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 13 Jun 2005 13:08:29 -0700, 12.24.172.2
Lines: 24
X-Authenticated-User: TeamSybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:4557
Article PK: 8365

On 13 Jun 2005 05:15:24 -0700, "Rob Waywell"

<rwaywell@no_spam.ianywhere.com> wrote:

> One thing to add to the above notice is that all bug fixes are
>documented in the readme file for the EBF or Maintenace Release in which the
>fix is made.

Is there any way to map Case-Express numbers like 11144991 to the
Engineering Case numbers listed in the EBF docs? The latter are
currently in the 300,000 range.

Personally, I would rather have a wooden stake pushed slowly through
my head than use Case Express, but that's just me :)

Breck



--
SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer's Guide
Buy the book: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1556225067/risingroad-20
bcarter@risingroad.com
RisingRoad SQL Anywhere and MobiLink Professional Services
www.risingroad.com


"Rob Waywell" <rwaywell Posted on 2005-06-14 12:27:39.0Z
From: "Rob Waywell" <rwaywell@no_spam.ianywhere.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
References: <42a5a9fd$1@forums-1-dub> <42a78ae9$1@forums-1-dub> <42a8cac2$1@forums-1-dub> <42a8f8f0$1@forums-2-dub> <42a92ff3$1@forums-1-dub> <42a9b73d@forums-1-dub> <42ad4e28@forums-2-dub> <42ad78d8$1@forums-2-dub> <1jpra1hvi13dag10i430goudknev1pbk67@4ax.com>
Subject: Re: Differences between jconnect 5.5 and jODBC ?
Lines: 56
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2180
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: rwaywell-xp.sybase.com
Message-ID: <42aecd37$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 14 Jun 2005 05:27:35 -0700, rwaywell-xp.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 14 Jun 2005 05:27:36 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 14 Jun 2005 05:27:39 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1118752059 10.22.108.75 (14 Jun 2005 05:27:39 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 14 Jun 2005 05:27:39 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:4559
Article PK: 8369

The case notes under the issue in Case Express should record the engineering
case number that was opened as a result of the bug report. If it doesn't
show there, then let me know what the Case Express # was and I'll take a
look.

--
-----------------------------------------------
Robert Waywell
Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Developer - Version 8
Sybase Certified Professional

Sybase's iAnywhere Solutions

Please respond ONLY to newsgroup

EBF's and Patches: http://downloads.sybase.com
choose SQL Anywhere Studio >> change 'time frame' to all

To Submit Bug Reports:
http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/cx.stm?starturl=casemessage.ssc?CASETYPE=Bug

SQL Anywhere Studio Supported Platforms and Support Status
http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1002288

Whitepapers, TechDocs, and bug fixes are all available through the iAnywhere
Developer Community at www.ianywhere.com/developer

"Breck Carter [TeamSybase]" <NOSPAM__bcarter@risingroad.com> wrote in
message news:1jpra1hvi13dag10i430goudknev1pbk67@4ax.com...
> On 13 Jun 2005 05:15:24 -0700, "Rob Waywell"
> <rwaywell@no_spam.ianywhere.com> wrote:
>
>> One thing to add to the above notice is that all bug fixes are
>>documented in the readme file for the EBF or Maintenace Release in which
>>the
>>fix is made.
>
> Is there any way to map Case-Express numbers like 11144991 to the
> Engineering Case numbers listed in the EBF docs? The latter are
> currently in the 300,000 range.
>
> Personally, I would rather have a wooden stake pushed slowly through
> my head than use Case Express, but that's just me :)
>
> Breck
>
>
>
> --
> SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer's Guide
> Buy the book:
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1556225067/risingroad-20
> bcarter@risingroad.com
> RisingRoad SQL Anywhere and MobiLink Professional Services
> www.risingroad.com


Andre Schild Posted on 2005-06-14 18:24:30.0Z
From: Andre Schild <a.schild@aarboard.ch>
User-Agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.2 (Windows/20050317)
X-Accept-Language: de-ch, de, en-us, en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Re: Differences between jconnect 5.5 and jODBC ?
References: <42a5a9fd$1@forums-1-dub> <42a78ae9$1@forums-1-dub> <42a8cac2$1@forums-1-dub> <42a8f8f0$1@forums-2-dub> <42a92ff3$1@forums-1-dub> <42a9b73d@forums-1-dub> <42ad4e28@forums-2-dub> <42ad78d8$1@forums-2-dub> <1jpra1hvi13dag10i430goudknev1pbk67@4ax.com> <42aecd37$1@forums-2-dub>
In-Reply-To: <42aecd37$1@forums-2-dub>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-15; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 212-41-65-95.adsl.solnet.ch
Message-ID: <42af20d9@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 14 Jun 2005 11:24:25 -0700, 212-41-65-95.adsl.solnet.ch
Lines: 9
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 14 Jun 2005 11:24:27 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 14 Jun 2005 11:24:30 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1118773470 10.22.108.75 (14 Jun 2005 11:24:30 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 14 Jun 2005 11:24:30 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:4561
Article PK: 8368

Rob Waywell schrieb:

> The case notes under the issue in Case Express should record the engineering
> case number that was opened as a result of the bug report. If it doesn't
> show there, then let me know what the Case Express # was and I'll take a
> look.
>

In my case it's engineering case #393604

André