Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Problem with functions SUM, COUNT...in pocket

4 posts in General Discussion Last posting was on 2005-07-18 16:42:40.0Z
omtech Posted on 2005-07-15 16:23:59.0Z
Sender: 74e5.42d7e1e4.1804289383@sybase.com
From: OMTECH
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Problem with functions SUM, COUNT...in pocket
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <42d7e317.74fb.1681692777@sybase.com>
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.42
X-Original-Trace: 15 Jul 2005 09:23:51 -0700, 10.22.241.42
Lines: 8
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 15 Jul 2005 09:23:56 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 15 Jul 2005 09:23:59 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1121444639 10.22.108.75 (15 Jul 2005 09:23:59 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 15 Jul 2005 09:23:59 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:4630
Article PK: 8434

I have a pocket with Sybase 9.0.2., and I use ADOCE 3.1 to
execute sentences sql, but at the moment I cannot be able to
execute sentences with functions as SUM, COUNT....
Which is the problem?, What do I need to be able to use the
functions SUM, COUNT...?

Thank you


Greg Fenton Posted on 2005-07-15 17:38:54.0Z
From: Greg Fenton <greg.fenton_NOSPAM_@ianywhere.com>
Organization: iAnywhere Solutions Inc.
User-Agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.6.3.2f (Windows/20050317)
X-Accept-Language: en-us, en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Re: Problem with functions SUM, COUNT...in pocket
References: <42d7e317.74fb.1681692777@sybase.com>
In-Reply-To: <42d7e317.74fb.1681692777@sybase.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: gfenton-t30.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: gfenton-t30.sybase.com
Message-ID: <42d7f4ae@forums-1-dub>
Date: 15 Jul 2005 10:38:54 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1121449134 10.25.98.243 (15 Jul 2005 10:38:54 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 15 Jul 2005 10:38:54 -0700, gfenton-t30.sybase.com
Lines: 20
X-Authenticated-User: techsupp
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:4631
Article PK: 8433


OMTECH wrote:
> I have a pocket with Sybase 9.0.2., and I use ADOCE 3.1 to
> execute sentences sql, but at the moment I cannot be able to
> execute sentences with functions as SUM, COUNT....
> Which is the problem?, What do I need to be able to use the
> functions SUM, COUNT...?

Please show us some code that you are have tried that is not working.

Have you tried your queries first using DBISQL directly against the
database to show that they are valid queries?

greg.fenton
--
Greg Fenton
Consultant, Solution Services, iAnywhere Solutions
--------
Visit the iAnywhere Solutions Developer Community
Whitepapers, TechDocs, Downloads
http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/


omtech Posted on 2005-07-18 15:11:35.0Z
Sender: 32a4.42dbbda9.1804289383@sybase.com
From: OMTECH
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Re: Problem with functions SUM, COUNT...in pocket
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <42dbc6a4.3357.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <42d7f4ae@forums-1-dub>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.42
X-Original-Trace: 18 Jul 2005 08:11:32 -0700, 10.22.241.42
Lines: 30
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 18 Jul 2005 08:11:33 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 18 Jul 2005 08:11:35 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1121699495 10.22.108.75 (18 Jul 2005 08:11:35 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 18 Jul 2005 08:11:35 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:4634
Article PK: 8440

The sentence that I am trying to execute is:
select sum(credit) from client
or
select sum(coalesce(crédito,0)) from client

I don't have problems if I make it from Interactive SQL of
the PC

> OMTECH wrote:
> > I have a pocket with Sybase 9.0.2., and I use ADOCE 3.1
> > to execute sentences sql, but at the moment I cannot be
> > able to execute sentences with functions as SUM,
> > COUNT.... Which is the problem?, What do I need to be
> > able to use the functions SUM, COUNT...?
>
> Please show us some code that you are have tried that is
> not working.
>
> Have you tried your queries first using DBISQL directly
> against the database to show that they are valid queries?
>
> greg.fenton
> --
> Greg Fenton
> Consultant, Solution Services, iAnywhere Solutions
> --------
> Visit the iAnywhere Solutions Developer Community
> Whitepapers, TechDocs, Downloads
> http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/


Greg Fenton Posted on 2005-07-18 16:42:40.0Z
From: Greg Fenton <greg.fenton_NOSPAM_@ianywhere.com>
Organization: iAnywhere Solutions Inc.
User-Agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.6.3.2f (Windows/20050317)
X-Accept-Language: en-us, en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Re: Problem with functions SUM, COUNT...in pocket
References: <42d7f4ae@forums-1-dub> <42dbc6a4.3357.1681692777@sybase.com>
In-Reply-To: <42dbc6a4.3357.1681692777@sybase.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: gfenton-t30.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: gfenton-t30.sybase.com
Message-ID: <42dbdc00$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 18 Jul 2005 09:42:40 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1121704960 10.25.98.243 (18 Jul 2005 09:42:40 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 18 Jul 2005 09:42:40 -0700, gfenton-t30.sybase.com
Lines: 20
X-Authenticated-User: techsupp
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:4635
Article PK: 8447


OMTECH wrote:
> The sentence that I am trying to execute is:
> select sum(credit) from client
> or
> select sum(coalesce(crédito,0)) from client
>

What is the behaviour when you try this in Pocket PC?
What error messages are you getting?
What is the value of the SQLCode immediately after you try this statement?

greg.fenton
--
Greg Fenton
Consultant, Solution Services, iAnywhere Solutions
--------
Visit the iAnywhere Solutions Developer Community
Whitepapers, TechDocs, Downloads
http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/