Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Quit M-Business

6 posts in General Discussion Last posting was on 2006-02-22 21:51:34.0Z
Jan Posted on 2005-08-08 08:50:57.0Z
From: "Jan" <jan@cyberprop.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.mbusinessanywhere.general
Subject: Quit M-Business
Lines: 8
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2180
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
NNTP-Posting-Host: rrba-146-73-241.telkomadsl.co.za
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: rrba-146-73-241.telkomadsl.co.za
Message-ID: <42f71cf1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 8 Aug 2005 01:50:57 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1123491057 165.146.73.241 (8 Aug 2005 01:50:57 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 8 Aug 2005 01:50:57 -0700, rrba-146-73-241.telkomadsl.co.za
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.mbusinessanywhere.general:518
Article PK: 17709

Hi There,

Whats the command to quit M-Business?

Thanks!
Jan


tony pigram Posted on 2005-08-09 08:23:49.0Z
Reply-To: "tony pigram" <tony.pigram@nospam.com>
From: "tony pigram" <tony.pigram@nospam.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.mbusinessanywhere.general
References: <42f71cf1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: Quit M-Business
Lines: 22
Organization: iAnywhere Solutions
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1506
X-MIMEOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1506
NNTP-Posting-Host: tpigram-2k.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: tpigram-2k.sybase.com
Message-ID: <42f86815$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 9 Aug 2005 01:23:49 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1123575829 158.76.110.103 (9 Aug 2005 01:23:49 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 9 Aug 2005 01:23:49 -0700, tpigram-2k.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: techsupp
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.mbusinessanywhere.general:519
Article PK: 17711

I assume this is the MBiz-client?

If so, you can try: ctrl+q

(by default all apps running on the PDA device will stay running in the
background, ie. Pocket Word, Pocket Excel etc...)

hth

tony

"Jan" <jan@cyberprop.com> wrote in message news:42f71cf1@forums-1-dub...
> Hi There,
>
> Whats the command to quit M-Business?
>
> Thanks!
> Jan
>
>


Jan Posted on 2005-08-16 08:31:30.0Z
From: "Jan" <jan@cyberprop.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.mbusinessanywhere.general
References: <42f71cf1@forums-1-dub> <42f86815$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: Quit M-Business
Lines: 37
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2180
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: rrba-146-114-156.telkomadsl.co.za
Message-ID: <4301a45f@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 16 Aug 2005 01:31:27 -0700, rrba-146-114-156.telkomadsl.co.za
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 16 Aug 2005 01:31:28 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 16 Aug 2005 01:31:30 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1124181090 10.22.108.75 (16 Aug 2005 01:31:30 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 16 Aug 2005 01:31:30 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.mbusinessanywhere.general:526
Article PK: 8933

Yes, sorry - this is for the M-Business client, I'm using version 5.7 Build
32.

You say ctrl+q - but how do I do this programmatically... I've got a section
in my code that I use to drop the Ultralite database and I would like to
exit the program afterwards. I was thinking of a command I can issue in the
javascript that would do this...

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Jan

>I assume this is the MBiz-client?
>
> If so, you can try: ctrl+q
>
> (by default all apps running on the PDA device will stay running in the
> background, ie. Pocket Word, Pocket Excel etc...)
>
> hth
>
> tony
>
> "Jan" <jan@cyberprop.com> wrote in message news:42f71cf1@forums-1-dub...
>> Hi There,
>>
>> Whats the command to quit M-Business?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Jan
>>
>>
>
>


Greg Fenton Posted on 2005-08-26 04:58:00.0Z
From: Greg Fenton <greg.fenton_NOSPAM_@ianywhere.com>
Organization: iAnywhere Solutions Inc.
User-Agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.6.3.2f (Windows/20050317)
X-Accept-Language: en-us, en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.mbusinessanywhere.general
Subject: Re: Quit M-Business
References: <42f71cf1@forums-1-dub> <42f86815$1@forums-1-dub> <4301a45f@forums-2-dub>
In-Reply-To: <4301a45f@forums-2-dub>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 12.180.243.130
Message-ID: <430ea154@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 25 Aug 2005 21:57:56 -0700, 12.180.243.130
Lines: 22
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 25 Aug 2005 21:57:57 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 25 Aug 2005 21:58:00 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1125032280 10.22.108.75 (25 Aug 2005 21:58:00 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 25 Aug 2005 21:58:00 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.mbusinessanywhere.general:529
Article PK: 8934


Jan wrote:
>
> You say ctrl+q - but how do I do this programmatically... I've got a section
> in my code that I use to drop the Ultralite database and I would like to
> exit the program afterwards. I was thinking of a command I can issue in the
> javascript that would do this...
>

I don't know that you can do this programmatically with Javascript. You
might need to write a PODS to perform this action (i.e. send a WM_CLOSE
to the app).

Anyone else have a suggestion?

greg.fenton
--
Greg Fenton
Consultant, Solution Services, iAnywhere Solutions
--------
Visit the iAnywhere Solutions Developer Community
Whitepapers, TechDocs, Downloads
http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/


Marcin Zastawny Posted on 2005-11-29 19:54:02.0Z
Sender: 6bf8.438caf98.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Marcin Zastawny
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.mbusinessanywhere.general
Subject: Re: Quit M-Business
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <438cb1da.6c3e.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <430ea154@forums-2-dub>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 29 Nov 2005 11:54:02 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1133294042 10.22.241.41 (29 Nov 2005 11:54:02 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 29 Nov 2005 11:54:02 -0800, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 43
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.mbusinessanywhere.general:648
Article PK: 17748

Not that I know of.
Back in the days of client version 5.5, we used to get
memory leaks on the Windows Mobile PDAs.
The only way to regain the memory was to quit MBA.

We used to just reset the device, but that meant lost forms
once in a while, so we started using ctrl+q (after advice
from sybase support), and we use this until today even (when
for whatever reason the user has to reset the device, eg.
bluetooth goes funny.).

We are ofcourse on v5.7 now (build 32) so no memory leaks
anymore.

A bit off topic, I guess - so to answer the question / we
have not found a way other than a keyboard ctrl+q .

Marcin

> Jan wrote:
> >
> > You say ctrl+q - but how do I do this
> > programmatically... I've got a section in my code that
> > I use to drop the Ultralite database and I would like to
> exit the program afterwards. I was thinking of a command
> > I can issue in the javascript that would do this...
> >
>
> I don't know that you can do this programmatically with
> Javascript. You might need to write a PODS to perform
> this action (i.e. send a WM_CLOSE to the app).
>
> Anyone else have a suggestion?
>
> greg.fenton
> --
> Greg Fenton
> Consultant, Solution Services, iAnywhere Solutions
> --------
> Visit the iAnywhere Solutions Developer Community
> Whitepapers, TechDocs, Downloads
> http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/


Ivo Toby Posted on 2006-02-22 21:51:34.0Z
From: Ivo Toby <ivo@i-v-o.nl>
User-Agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.7 (X11/20050923)
X-Accept-Language: en-us, en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.mbusinessanywhere.general
Subject: Re: Quit M-Business
References: <430ea154@forums-2-dub> <438cb1da.6c3e.1681692777@sybase.com>
In-Reply-To: <438cb1da.6c3e.1681692777@sybase.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: mule.xs4all.nl
Message-ID: <43fccd8f$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 22 Feb 2006 12:46:07 -0800, mule.xs4all.nl
Lines: 71
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 22 Feb 2006 12:46:10 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 22 Feb 2006 13:51:34 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1140645094 10.22.108.75 (22 Feb 2006 13:51:34 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 22 Feb 2006 13:51:34 -0800, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.mbusinessanywhere.general:724
Article PK: 9034

I accidentally made a function in javascript which actually barfs the
5.7 client (and the machine running it) pretty bad, AFAIK it works on
Palm Treo 650 and 600 and the Win32 client. I dunno if any other clients
barf.


Try this at your own risk!


function BarfMe(){
//deliberately crash the client ;)
dbSetApp = gDBMgr.open('static_settings', 'r');
dbSetApp.close();

var aSearch = dbSetApp.createSearch("static_key LIKE #static_db_ver#");
while(dbSetApp.find(aSearch)) {
var iLocalStaticDBVer = dbSetApp.getDateField('static_value');
dbSetApp.moveNext();
}
if (!dbSetApp) throw er;
}

Marcin Zastawny wrote:
> Not that I know of.
> Back in the days of client version 5.5, we used to get
> memory leaks on the Windows Mobile PDAs.
> The only way to regain the memory was to quit MBA.
>
> We used to just reset the device, but that meant lost forms
> once in a while, so we started using ctrl+q (after advice
> from sybase support), and we use this until today even (when
> for whatever reason the user has to reset the device, eg.
> bluetooth goes funny.).
>
> We are ofcourse on v5.7 now (build 32) so no memory leaks
> anymore.
>
> A bit off topic, I guess - so to answer the question / we
> have not found a way other than a keyboard ctrl+q .
>
> Marcin
>
>
>
>>Jan wrote:
>>
>>>You say ctrl+q - but how do I do this
>>>programmatically... I've got a section in my code that
>>>I use to drop the Ultralite database and I would like to
>>
>> exit the program afterwards. I was thinking of a command
>>
>>>I can issue in the javascript that would do this...
>>>
>>
>>I don't know that you can do this programmatically with
>>Javascript. You might need to write a PODS to perform
>>this action (i.e. send a WM_CLOSE to the app).
>>
>>Anyone else have a suggestion?
>>
>>greg.fenton
>>--
>>Greg Fenton
>>Consultant, Solution Services, iAnywhere Solutions
>>--------
>>Visit the iAnywhere Solutions Developer Community
>>Whitepapers, TechDocs, Downloads
>>http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/