Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

dropdown lines in dddw problem

4 posts in Objects Last posting was on 2005-09-02 16:49:13.0Z
ds Posted on 2005-08-29 14:53:39.0Z
From: "ds" <dsalter_at_agricoreunited_dot_com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
Subject: dropdown lines in dddw problem
Lines: 22
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180
X-MIMEOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2180
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
NNTP-Posting-Host: ugg10.unitedgrain.ca
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: ugg10.unitedgrain.ca
Message-ID: <43132173$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 29 Aug 2005 07:53:39 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1125327219 165.23.247.49 (29 Aug 2005 07:53:39 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 29 Aug 2005 07:53:39 -0700, ugg10.unitedgrain.ca
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:8557
Article PK: 735779

Hi, I have a strange problem I cannot seem to bypass.

I have a dddw where I want to maximize the number of lines in it. The
retrieve may show one or more items depending on the data retrieved. If I
set the lines property to 0 I get about 5 lines of data consistently.
However, if the data returned is 8 lines I only see 5.

I set the lines to 8 and it works fine for rows 8 or greater, but if only
one row is retrieved I get such a thin dropdown that I cannot see the data.
The dropdown datawindow data does have multiple columns with headers.

So, a lines in dropdown of 0 shows a max of 5 lines, and a lines in dropdown
of 8 shows fine unless I have less than 8 rows, then it's too small (height
wise).

I tried to use the Modify on the lines to set the size to the rowcount, but
when I do that the dropdown either isn't retrieving or at least is not
showing me any data.

Anyone encounter this and find a way to work around it?


Sanjiv Das [TeamSybase] Posted on 2005-09-02 06:13:04.0Z
From: "Sanjiv Das [TeamSybase]" <No-Spam-SDas_TeamSybase@HotMail.Com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
References: <43132173$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: dropdown lines in dddw problem
Lines: 33
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2670
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2670
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 208.12.125.76
Message-ID: <4317ed6c$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 1 Sep 2005 23:13:00 -0700, 208.12.125.76
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 1 Sep 2005 23:13:02 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 1 Sep 2005 23:13:04 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1125641584 10.22.108.75 (1 Sep 2005 23:13:04 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 1 Sep 2005 23:13:04 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:8580
Article PK: 735798

A question regarding the modification of the DDDW properties - are you
reestablishing the dw object for the DDDW and performing a fresh set
transaction on the child dw after the modification?

sanjiv.

"ds" <dsalter_at_agricoreunited_dot_com> wrote in message
news:43132173$1@forums-1-dub...
> Hi, I have a strange problem I cannot seem to bypass.
>
> I have a dddw where I want to maximize the number of lines in it. The
> retrieve may show one or more items depending on the data retrieved. If I
> set the lines property to 0 I get about 5 lines of data consistently.
> However, if the data returned is 8 lines I only see 5.
>
> I set the lines to 8 and it works fine for rows 8 or greater, but if only
> one row is retrieved I get such a thin dropdown that I cannot see the
> data. The dropdown datawindow data does have multiple columns with
> headers.
>
> So, a lines in dropdown of 0 shows a max of 5 lines, and a lines in
> dropdown of 8 shows fine unless I have less than 8 rows, then it's too
> small (height wise).
>
> I tried to use the Modify on the lines to set the size to the rowcount,
> but when I do that the dropdown either isn't retrieving or at least is not
> showing me any data.
>
> Anyone encounter this and find a way to work around it?
>
>


ds Posted on 2005-09-02 13:30:22.0Z
From: "ds" <dsalter_at_agricoreunited_dot_com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
References: <43132173$1@forums-1-dub> <4317ed6c$1@forums-2-dub>
Subject: Re: dropdown lines in dddw problem
Lines: 42
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2180
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: ugg10.unitedgrain.ca
Message-ID: <431853e5$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 2 Sep 2005 06:30:13 -0700, ugg10.unitedgrain.ca
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 2 Sep 2005 06:30:14 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 2 Sep 2005 06:30:22 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1125667822 10.22.108.75 (2 Sep 2005 06:30:22 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 2 Sep 2005 06:30:22 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:8582
Article PK: 735800

Thanks Sanjiv, no I wasn't doing that. Since then I have reestrablished the
handle to the dw object and all works hunky dory. Many thanks!

"Sanjiv Das [TeamSybase]" <No-Spam-SDas_TeamSybase@HotMail.Com> wrote in
message news:4317ed6c$1@forums-2-dub...
>A question regarding the modification of the DDDW properties - are you
>reestablishing the dw object for the DDDW and performing a fresh set
>transaction on the child dw after the modification?
>
> sanjiv.
>
> "ds" <dsalter_at_agricoreunited_dot_com> wrote in message
> news:43132173$1@forums-1-dub...
>> Hi, I have a strange problem I cannot seem to bypass.
>>
>> I have a dddw where I want to maximize the number of lines in it. The
>> retrieve may show one or more items depending on the data retrieved. If
>> I set the lines property to 0 I get about 5 lines of data consistently.
>> However, if the data returned is 8 lines I only see 5.
>>
>> I set the lines to 8 and it works fine for rows 8 or greater, but if only
>> one row is retrieved I get such a thin dropdown that I cannot see the
>> data. The dropdown datawindow data does have multiple columns with
>> headers.
>>
>> So, a lines in dropdown of 0 shows a max of 5 lines, and a lines in
>> dropdown of 8 shows fine unless I have less than 8 rows, then it's too
>> small (height wise).
>>
>> I tried to use the Modify on the lines to set the size to the rowcount,
>> but when I do that the dropdown either isn't retrieving or at least is
>> not showing me any data.
>>
>> Anyone encounter this and find a way to work around it?
>>
>>
>
>


Sanjiv Das [TeamSybase] Posted on 2005-09-02 16:49:13.0Z
From: "Sanjiv Das [TeamSybase]" <No-Spam-SDas_TeamSybase@HotMail.Com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
References: <43132173$1@forums-1-dub> <4317ed6c$1@forums-2-dub> <431853e5$1@forums-2-dub>
Subject: Re: dropdown lines in dddw problem
Lines: 61
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2670
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2670
NNTP-Posting-Host: 208.12.125.117
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 208.12.125.117
Message-ID: <43188289@forums-1-dub>
Date: 2 Sep 2005 09:49:13 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1125679753 208.12.125.117 (2 Sep 2005 09:49:13 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 2 Sep 2005 09:49:13 -0700, 208.12.125.117
X-Authenticated-User: TeamSybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:8586
Article PK: 735804

Glad to help.

If you are in the habit of reading the help file, there's a note at the end
of the description for the GetChild method:

Changing property values with the Modify method can cause the reference
returned by GetChild to become invalid. After setting such a property, call
GetChild again. If a property causes this behavior, it is noted in its
description in Chapter 3, "DataWindow Object Properties".

This should help clarify other scenarios in which you may lost a handle to
the child DW.

Sanjiv.

"ds" <dsalter_at_agricoreunited_dot_com> wrote in message
news:431853e5$1@forums-2-dub...
> Thanks Sanjiv, no I wasn't doing that. Since then I have reestrablished
> the handle to the dw object and all works hunky dory. Many thanks!
>
>
>
> "Sanjiv Das [TeamSybase]" <No-Spam-SDas_TeamSybase@HotMail.Com> wrote in
> message news:4317ed6c$1@forums-2-dub...
>>A question regarding the modification of the DDDW properties - are you
>>reestablishing the dw object for the DDDW and performing a fresh set
>>transaction on the child dw after the modification?
>>
>> sanjiv.
>>
>> "ds" <dsalter_at_agricoreunited_dot_com> wrote in message
>> news:43132173$1@forums-1-dub...
>>> Hi, I have a strange problem I cannot seem to bypass.
>>>
>>> I have a dddw where I want to maximize the number of lines in it. The
>>> retrieve may show one or more items depending on the data retrieved. If
>>> I set the lines property to 0 I get about 5 lines of data consistently.
>>> However, if the data returned is 8 lines I only see 5.
>>>
>>> I set the lines to 8 and it works fine for rows 8 or greater, but if
>>> only one row is retrieved I get such a thin dropdown that I cannot see
>>> the data. The dropdown datawindow data does have multiple columns with
>>> headers.
>>>
>>> So, a lines in dropdown of 0 shows a max of 5 lines, and a lines in
>>> dropdown of 8 shows fine unless I have less than 8 rows, then it's too
>>> small (height wise).
>>>
>>> I tried to use the Modify on the lines to set the size to the rowcount,
>>> but when I do that the dropdown either isn't retrieving or at least is
>>> not showing me any data.
>>>
>>> Anyone encounter this and find a way to work around it?
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>