Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

ASE Replicator Process Error

5 posts in replicator Last posting was on 2005-09-09 08:44:03.0Z
Kamil Bozkurt Posted on 2005-09-07 10:11:25.0Z
From: "Kamil Bozkurt" <kamil_bozkurt@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.ase.replicator
Subject: ASE Replicator Process Error
Lines: 14
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2180
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
NNTP-Posting-Host: 85.101.101.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 85.101.101.41
Message-ID: <431ebccd$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 7 Sep 2005 03:11:25 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1126087885 85.101.101.41 (7 Sep 2005 03:11:25 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 7 Sep 2005 03:11:25 -0700, 85.101.101.41
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.ase.replicator:94
Article PK: 103341

I have errors when starting ASE Replicater process
it prints
Could not find Resource Bundle containing index: LOGINFO
Could not find Resource Bundle containing index: LOGWARN
Could not find Resource Bundle containing index: LOGERR
Could not find Resource Bundle containing index: LOGFATAL
ASE Replicator/12.5.3.//P/generic/JDK 1.3.1/main/304P1/VM: Sum
Microsystems Inc.1.3.1_10/OPT/Fri Dec 10 15:01:01 MST 2004
Could not find Resource Bundle containing index: COPYRIGHT
what can i do ?

Kamil Bozkurt


Victoria Handros Posted on 2005-09-07 21:12:07.0Z
Message-ID: <431F57A3.42B9320F@sybase.com>
From: Victoria Handros <vhandros@sybase.com>
Organization: Sybase, Inc.
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.76 [en] (Windows NT 5.0; U)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.ase.replicator
Subject: Re: ASE Replicator Process Error
References: <431ebccd$1@forums-1-dub>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vhandros2k.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 7 Sep 2005 14:12:03 -0700, vhandros2k.sybase.com
Lines: 23
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 7 Sep 2005 14:12:05 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 7 Sep 2005 14:12:07 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1126127527 10.22.108.75 (7 Sep 2005 14:12:07 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 7 Sep 2005 14:12:07 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.ase.replicator:95
Article PK: 103340

Hi Kamil,
these errors are not commonly seen when starting Replicator. I wonder if
something went wrong
during the installation. You may want to reinstall ASE Replicator.

Thanks,
Victoria.

Kamil Bozkurt wrote:

> I have errors when starting ASE Replicater process
> it prints
> Could not find Resource Bundle containing index: LOGINFO
> Could not find Resource Bundle containing index: LOGWARN
> Could not find Resource Bundle containing index: LOGERR
> Could not find Resource Bundle containing index: LOGFATAL
> ASE Replicator/12.5.3.//P/generic/JDK 1.3.1/main/304P1/VM: Sum
> Microsystems Inc.1.3.1_10/OPT/Fri Dec 10 15:01:01 MST 2004
> Could not find Resource Bundle containing index: COPYRIGHT
> what can i do ?
>
> Kamil Bozkurt


Kamil Bozkurt Posted on 2005-09-08 07:35:57.0Z
From: "Kamil Bozkurt" <kamil_bozkurt@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.ase.replicator
References: <431ebccd$1@forums-1-dub> <431F57A3.42B9320F@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: ASE Replicator Process Error
Lines: 43
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2180
NNTP-Posting-Host: 85.101.101.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 85.101.101.41
Message-ID: <431fe9dd@forums-1-dub>
Date: 8 Sep 2005 00:35:57 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1126164957 85.101.101.41 (8 Sep 2005 00:35:57 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 8 Sep 2005 00:35:57 -0700, 85.101.101.41
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.ase.replicator:96
Article PK: 103342

I have made it twice....
i have done all the installation process (Replicator) from the user guide.
Word by word.
but it happened again. Replicator process did not stop , i could create
primary and replicate connections in Sybase Central, i could create
Publication and Subscription. But when i resumed the replicate connection it
says "Command <sp_resumereplication> failed - Could not find Resource Bundle
containing index: STATE_SUB_NOTVALID" . Primary connection resumes without
any error or warning.

My ASE version is 12.5.3 ESD 3 Windows

Thank you

Kamil Bozkurt

"Victoria Handros" <vhandros@sybase.com> wrote in message
news:431F57A3.42B9320F@sybase.com...
> Hi Kamil,
> these errors are not commonly seen when starting Replicator. I wonder if
> something went wrong
> during the installation. You may want to reinstall ASE Replicator.
>
> Thanks,
> Victoria.
>
> Kamil Bozkurt wrote:
>
>> I have errors when starting ASE Replicater process
>> it prints
>> Could not find Resource Bundle containing index: LOGINFO
>> Could not find Resource Bundle containing index: LOGWARN
>> Could not find Resource Bundle containing index: LOGERR
>> Could not find Resource Bundle containing index: LOGFATAL
>> ASE Replicator/12.5.3.//P/generic/JDK 1.3.1/main/304P1/VM: Sum
>> Microsystems Inc.1.3.1_10/OPT/Fri Dec 10 15:01:01 MST 2004
>> Could not find Resource Bundle containing index: COPYRIGHT
>> what can i do ?
>>
>> Kamil Bozkurt
>


Victoria Handros Posted on 2005-09-08 21:44:34.0Z
Message-ID: <4320B0BE.DBB15AF3@sybase.com>
From: Victoria Handros <vhandros@sybase.com>
Organization: Sybase, Inc.
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.76 [en] (Windows NT 5.0; U)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.ase.replicator
Subject: Re: ASE Replicator Process Error
References: <431ebccd$1@forums-1-dub> <431F57A3.42B9320F@sybase.com> <431fe9dd@forums-1-dub>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vhandros2k.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 8 Sep 2005 14:44:30 -0700, vhandros2k.sybase.com
Lines: 69
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 8 Sep 2005 14:44:31 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 8 Sep 2005 14:44:34 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1126215874 10.22.108.75 (8 Sep 2005 14:44:34 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 8 Sep 2005 14:44:34 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.ase.replicator:97
Article PK: 103344

Hi Kamil,
you may want to contact support about the issue - they may help you resolve the
installation
issues( if any), or provide fresh Replicator jar files.
For your information, here is the uninstall procedure for Replicator:
-Remove the secondary truncation point for each primary database.
use pdb
dbcc settrunc('ltm','ignore')
-Drop primary articles from publications( sp_dropprimaryart).
-Remove the sp_repmarker stored procedure from each primary database.
-Remove the rl_lastcommit table from each replicate database.
-Remove the sp_helpddb stored procedure from the sysprocs database.
-Drop the distribution database.
-Remove Replicator entries from the sysservers table.
-Remove Replicator logins.
-Remove the Replicator instance directory( ex. RPL-12_5/ ), and any additional
startup scripts.

If you get new Replicator jar files, you will need to rename the old ones in the
instance directory
(RPL-12_5), and then copy the new files into the instance directory.

Thanks,
Victoria.

Kamil Bozkurt wrote:

> I have made it twice....
> i have done all the installation process (Replicator) from the user guide.
> Word by word.
> but it happened again. Replicator process did not stop , i could create
> primary and replicate connections in Sybase Central, i could create
> Publication and Subscription. But when i resumed the replicate connection it
> says "Command <sp_resumereplication> failed - Could not find Resource Bundle
> containing index: STATE_SUB_NOTVALID" . Primary connection resumes without
> any error or warning.
>
> My ASE version is 12.5.3 ESD 3 Windows
>
> Thank you
>
> Kamil Bozkurt
>
> "Victoria Handros" <vhandros@sybase.com> wrote in message
> news:431F57A3.42B9320F@sybase.com...
> > Hi Kamil,
> > these errors are not commonly seen when starting Replicator. I wonder if
> > something went wrong
> > during the installation. You may want to reinstall ASE Replicator.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Victoria.
> >
> > Kamil Bozkurt wrote:
> >
> >> I have errors when starting ASE Replicater process
> >> it prints
> >> Could not find Resource Bundle containing index: LOGINFO
> >> Could not find Resource Bundle containing index: LOGWARN
> >> Could not find Resource Bundle containing index: LOGERR
> >> Could not find Resource Bundle containing index: LOGFATAL
> >> ASE Replicator/12.5.3.//P/generic/JDK 1.3.1/main/304P1/VM: Sum
> >> Microsystems Inc.1.3.1_10/OPT/Fri Dec 10 15:01:01 MST 2004
> >> Could not find Resource Bundle containing index: COPYRIGHT
> >> what can i do ?
> >>
> >> Kamil Bozkurt
> >


Kamil Bozkurt Posted on 2005-09-09 08:44:03.0Z
From: "Kamil Bozkurt" <kamil_bozkurt@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.ase.replicator
References: <431ebccd$1@forums-1-dub> <431F57A3.42B9320F@sybase.com> <431fe9dd@forums-1-dub> <4320B0BE.DBB15AF3@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: ASE Replicator Process Error
Lines: 84
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2180
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 85.101.248.222
Message-ID: <43214b50@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 9 Sep 2005 01:44:00 -0700, 85.101.248.222
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 9 Sep 2005 01:44:01 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 9 Sep 2005 01:44:03 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1126255443 10.22.108.75 (9 Sep 2005 01:44:03 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 9 Sep 2005 01:44:03 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.ase.replicator:98
Article PK: 103343

Thanks
Kamil Bozkurt

"Victoria Handros" <vhandros@sybase.com> wrote in message
news:4320B0BE.DBB15AF3@sybase.com...
> Hi Kamil,
> you may want to contact support about the issue - they may help you
> resolve the
> installation
> issues( if any), or provide fresh Replicator jar files.
> For your information, here is the uninstall procedure for Replicator:
> -Remove the secondary truncation point for each primary database.
> use pdb
> dbcc settrunc('ltm','ignore')
> -Drop primary articles from publications( sp_dropprimaryart).
> -Remove the sp_repmarker stored procedure from each primary database.
> -Remove the rl_lastcommit table from each replicate database.
> -Remove the sp_helpddb stored procedure from the sysprocs database.
> -Drop the distribution database.
> -Remove Replicator entries from the sysservers table.
> -Remove Replicator logins.
> -Remove the Replicator instance directory( ex. RPL-12_5/ ), and any
> additional
> startup scripts.
>
> If you get new Replicator jar files, you will need to rename the old ones
> in the
> instance directory
> (RPL-12_5), and then copy the new files into the instance directory.
>
> Thanks,
> Victoria.
>
> Kamil Bozkurt wrote:
>
>> I have made it twice....
>> i have done all the installation process (Replicator) from the user
>> guide.
>> Word by word.
>> but it happened again. Replicator process did not stop , i could create
>> primary and replicate connections in Sybase Central, i could create
>> Publication and Subscription. But when i resumed the replicate connection
>> it
>> says "Command <sp_resumereplication> failed - Could not find Resource
>> Bundle
>> containing index: STATE_SUB_NOTVALID" . Primary connection resumes
>> without
>> any error or warning.
>>
>> My ASE version is 12.5.3 ESD 3 Windows
>>
>> Thank you
>>
>> Kamil Bozkurt
>>
>> "Victoria Handros" <vhandros@sybase.com> wrote in message
>> news:431F57A3.42B9320F@sybase.com...
>> > Hi Kamil,
>> > these errors are not commonly seen when starting Replicator. I wonder
>> > if
>> > something went wrong
>> > during the installation. You may want to reinstall ASE Replicator.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Victoria.
>> >
>> > Kamil Bozkurt wrote:
>> >
>> >> I have errors when starting ASE Replicater process
>> >> it prints
>> >> Could not find Resource Bundle containing index: LOGINFO
>> >> Could not find Resource Bundle containing index: LOGWARN
>> >> Could not find Resource Bundle containing index: LOGERR
>> >> Could not find Resource Bundle containing index: LOGFATAL
>> >> ASE Replicator/12.5.3.//P/generic/JDK 1.3.1/main/304P1/VM: Sum
>> >> Microsystems Inc.1.3.1_10/OPT/Fri Dec 10 15:01:01 MST 2004
>> >> Could not find Resource Bundle containing index: COPYRIGHT
>> >> what can i do ?
>> >>
>> >> Kamil Bozkurt
>> >
>