Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Pylon Anywhere 6.4.6 is now available (includes Symbian clients)

6 posts in General Discussion Last posting was on 2005-11-29 08:12:52.0Z
Matt Posted on 2005-11-09 20:05:33.0Z
From: "Matt" <mteskey@n0spam.sybase.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.pylonanywhere.general
Subject: Pylon Anywhere 6.4.6 is now available (includes Symbian clients)
Lines: 52
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1506
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1506
NNTP-Posting-Host: mteskey-xp.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: mteskey-xp.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4372649d$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 9 Nov 2005 13:05:33 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1131570333 10.25.99.95 (9 Nov 2005 13:05:33 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 9 Nov 2005 13:05:33 -0700, mteskey-xp.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: techsupp
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.pylonanywhere.general:686
Article PK: 10629

Pylon Anywhere 6.4.6 is now available.

The software is available from the MySybase portal (Instructions below)
The key new features of 6.4.6. include:
* Initial release of new Symbian clients (Symbian OS 7/8: series 60, series
80, UIQ)

- see Release Notes and Supported Platforms Matrix for specific
devices that are certified for this release

* Windows Mobile 5 support

* Several server and client issues resolved

* Client signing for Orange Smartphone 2003 devices


Product Manuals are also posted at
http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals/pylon_anywhere/index.html

The updated Supported Platforms Matrix, which links to the "Release Notes"
and
"Supported Devices" documents, is available at
http://www.ianywhere.com/products/supported_platforms_pylonanywhere.html

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

If you have a current Pylon Anywhere Support contract you are entitled to
download Pylon Anywhere 6.4.6 free of charge. You must be a named support
contact for your organization in order to see the Pylon Anywhere download in
your profile.

To download:
Visit http://www.ianywhere.com/products/pylon_anywhere.html
Click on "EBFs/Maintenance" in the left navigation bar
Enter your log-in information
Select the Pylon Anywhere product family
Select the Pylon Anywhere 6.4.6 Release
Follow the download directions

When creating/updating your MySybase account, you will need to ensure that
you have specified "Technical Support Contact" as one of your roles. In
setting this role, you will need to specify your email address and either
your site ID or your personal Technical Contact ID.

If you need assistance creating your MySybase account, our Customer Service
group would be happy to assist you. Simply call 1-800-8-SYBASE.

-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==--=-=-=-=-=


Gabor Fodor Posted on 2005-11-10 10:02:18.0Z
Sender: 2c36.43732716.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Gabor Fodor
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.pylonanywhere.general
Subject: Re: Pylon Anywhere 6.4.6 is now available (includes Symbian clients)
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <437328ba.2c51.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <4372649d$1@forums-1-dub>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 10 Nov 2005 03:02:18 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1131620538 10.22.241.41 (10 Nov 2005 03:02:18 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 10 Nov 2005 03:02:18 -0700, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 68
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.pylonanywhere.general:687
Article PK: 10627

Hi Matt,

do you know if Nokia 6670 is supported?
it is:
Symbian OS v7.0s
User Interface: Series 60 Platform 2nd Edition

Thanks, Gabor

> Pylon Anywhere 6.4.6 is now available.
>
> The software is available from the MySybase portal
> (Instructions below) The key new features of 6.4.6.
> include: * Initial release of new Symbian clients (Symbian
> OS 7/8: series 60, series 80, UIQ)
>
> - see Release Notes and Supported Platforms Matrix
> for specific devices that are certified for this release
>
> * Windows Mobile 5 support
>
> * Several server and client issues resolved
>
> * Client signing for Orange Smartphone 2003 devices
>
>
> Product Manuals are also posted at
>
http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals/pylon_anywhere/index.html
>
> The updated Supported Platforms Matrix, which links to the
> "Release Notes" and
> "Supported Devices" documents, is available at
>
http://www.ianywhere.com/products/supported_platforms_pylonanywhere.html
>
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
>
> If you have a current Pylon Anywhere Support contract you
> are entitled to download Pylon Anywhere 6.4.6 free of
> charge. You must be a named support contact for your
> organization in order to see the Pylon Anywhere download
> in your profile.
>
> To download:
> Visit
> http://www.ianywhere.com/products/pylon_anywhere.html
> Click on "EBFs/Maintenance" in the left
> navigation bar
> Enter your log-in information
> Select the Pylon Anywhere product family
> Select the Pylon Anywhere 6.4.6 Release
> Follow the download directions
>
> When creating/updating your MySybase account, you will
> need to ensure that you have specified "Technical Support
> Contact" as one of your roles. In setting this role, you
> will need to specify your email address and either your
> site ID or your personal Technical Contact ID.
>
> If you need assistance creating your MySybase account, our
> Customer Service group would be happy to assist you.
> Simply call 1-800-8-SYBASE.
>
> -=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==--=-=-=-=-=
>
>
>


Matt Posted on 2005-11-11 14:57:14.0Z
From: "Matt" <mteskey@n0spam.sybase.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.pylonanywhere.general
References: <4372649d$1@forums-1-dub> <437328ba.2c51.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: Pylon Anywhere 6.4.6 is now available (includes Symbian clients)
Lines: 85
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1506
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1506
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: mteskey-xp.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4374afdf$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 11 Nov 2005 06:51:11 -0800, mteskey-xp.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 11 Nov 2005 06:51:12 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 11 Nov 2005 06:57:14 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1131721034 10.22.108.75 (11 Nov 2005 06:57:14 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 11 Nov 2005 06:57:14 -0800, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.pylonanywhere.general:692
Article PK: 18592

Gabor:

The 6670 is not on the supported devices list at
http://www.ianywhere.com/products/supported_platforms_pylonanywhere.html,
meaning that engineering and QA did not have this specific device to test
with.

If you try it, let us know what you find. We (and other customers) are
definitely looking for information on what the experience is on other
devices.

Matt..

<Gabor Fodor> wrote in message news:437328ba.2c51.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hi Matt,
>
> do you know if Nokia 6670 is supported?
> it is:
> Symbian OS v7.0s
> User Interface: Series 60 Platform 2nd Edition
>
> Thanks, Gabor
>
> > Pylon Anywhere 6.4.6 is now available.
> >
> > The software is available from the MySybase portal
> > (Instructions below) The key new features of 6.4.6.
> > include: * Initial release of new Symbian clients (Symbian
> > OS 7/8: series 60, series 80, UIQ)
> >
> > - see Release Notes and Supported Platforms Matrix
> > for specific devices that are certified for this release
> >
> > * Windows Mobile 5 support
> >
> > * Several server and client issues resolved
> >
> > * Client signing for Orange Smartphone 2003 devices
> >
> >
> > Product Manuals are also posted at
> >
>
http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals/pylon_anywhere/index.html
> >
> > The updated Supported Platforms Matrix, which links to the
> > "Release Notes" and
> > "Supported Devices" documents, is available at
> >
> http://www.ianywhere.com/products/supported_platforms_pylonanywhere.html
> >
> > -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> >
> > If you have a current Pylon Anywhere Support contract you
> > are entitled to download Pylon Anywhere 6.4.6 free of
> > charge. You must be a named support contact for your
> > organization in order to see the Pylon Anywhere download
> > in your profile.
> >
> > To download:
> > Visit
> > http://www.ianywhere.com/products/pylon_anywhere.html
> > Click on "EBFs/Maintenance" in the left
> > navigation bar
> > Enter your log-in information
> > Select the Pylon Anywhere product family
> > Select the Pylon Anywhere 6.4.6 Release
> > Follow the download directions
> >
> > When creating/updating your MySybase account, you will
> > need to ensure that you have specified "Technical Support
> > Contact" as one of your roles. In setting this role, you
> > will need to specify your email address and either your
> > site ID or your personal Technical Contact ID.
> >
> > If you need assistance creating your MySybase account, our
> > Customer Service group would be happy to assist you.
> > Simply call 1-800-8-SYBASE.
> >
> > -=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==--=-=-=-=-=
> >
> >
> >


frank schamp Posted on 2005-11-29 08:12:52.0Z
From: "frank schamp" <frank.schamp@skynet.be>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.pylonanywhere.general
References: <4372649d$1@forums-1-dub> <437328ba.2c51.1681692777@sybase.com> <4374afdf$1@forums-2-dub>
Subject: Re: Pylon Anywhere 6.4.6 is now available (includes Symbian clients)
Lines: 98
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 212-123-4-20.ifiber.telenet-ops.be
Message-ID: <438c0baf$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 29 Nov 2005 00:05:03 -0800, 212-123-4-20.ifiber.telenet-ops.be
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 29 Nov 2005 00:05:05 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 29 Nov 2005 00:12:52 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1133251972 10.22.108.75 (29 Nov 2005 00:12:52 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 29 Nov 2005 00:12:52 -0800, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.pylonanywhere.general:728
Article PK: 18606

Matt,

Is it possible that the client interface is totaly changed ?
I've installed version symbian client 6.5.0137 on sonyericsson p800 and
nokia 9600.
No sync or syncexpress availably anymore ? Or did i install the wrong
version ?

"Matt" <mteskey@n0spam.sybase.com> wrote in message
news:4374afdf$1@forums-2-dub...
> Gabor:
>
> The 6670 is not on the supported devices list at
> http://www.ianywhere.com/products/supported_platforms_pylonanywhere.html,
> meaning that engineering and QA did not have this specific device to test
> with.
>
> If you try it, let us know what you find. We (and other customers) are
> definitely looking for information on what the experience is on other
> devices.
>
> Matt..
>
> <Gabor Fodor> wrote in message news:437328ba.2c51.1681692777@sybase.com...
> > Hi Matt,
> >
> > do you know if Nokia 6670 is supported?
> > it is:
> > Symbian OS v7.0s
> > User Interface: Series 60 Platform 2nd Edition
> >
> > Thanks, Gabor
> >
> > > Pylon Anywhere 6.4.6 is now available.
> > >
> > > The software is available from the MySybase portal
> > > (Instructions below) The key new features of 6.4.6.
> > > include: * Initial release of new Symbian clients (Symbian
> > > OS 7/8: series 60, series 80, UIQ)
> > >
> > > - see Release Notes and Supported Platforms Matrix
> > > for specific devices that are certified for this release
> > >
> > > * Windows Mobile 5 support
> > >
> > > * Several server and client issues resolved
> > >
> > > * Client signing for Orange Smartphone 2003 devices
> > >
> > >
> > > Product Manuals are also posted at
> > >
> >
>
http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals/pylon_anywhere/index.html
> > >
> > > The updated Supported Platforms Matrix, which links to the
> > > "Release Notes" and
> > > "Supported Devices" documents, is available at
> > >
> > http://www.ianywhere.com/products/supported_platforms_pylonanywhere.html
> > >
> > > -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> > >
> > > If you have a current Pylon Anywhere Support contract you
> > > are entitled to download Pylon Anywhere 6.4.6 free of
> > > charge. You must be a named support contact for your
> > > organization in order to see the Pylon Anywhere download
> > > in your profile.
> > >
> > > To download:
> > > Visit
> > > http://www.ianywhere.com/products/pylon_anywhere.html
> > > Click on "EBFs/Maintenance" in the left
> > > navigation bar
> > > Enter your log-in information
> > > Select the Pylon Anywhere product family
> > > Select the Pylon Anywhere 6.4.6 Release
> > > Follow the download directions
> > >
> > > When creating/updating your MySybase account, you will
> > > need to ensure that you have specified "Technical Support
> > > Contact" as one of your roles. In setting this role, you
> > > will need to specify your email address and either your
> > > site ID or your personal Technical Contact ID.
> > >
> > > If you need assistance creating your MySybase account, our
> > > Customer Service group would be happy to assist you.
> > > Simply call 1-800-8-SYBASE.
> > >
> > > -=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==--=-=-=-=-=
> > >
> > >
> > >
>
>


Standa Posted on 2005-11-18 09:07:39.0Z
From: "Standa" <stanislav.brand@m-com.cz>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.pylonanywhere.general
References: <4372649d$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: Pylon Anywhere 6.4.6 is now available (includes Symbian clients)
Lines: 65
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1506
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1506
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 80.188.193.254
Message-ID: <437d9846$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 18 Nov 2005 01:00:54 -0800, 80.188.193.254
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 18 Nov 2005 01:00:55 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 18 Nov 2005 01:07:39 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1132304859 10.22.108.75 (18 Nov 2005 01:07:39 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 18 Nov 2005 01:07:39 -0800, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.pylonanywhere.general:710
Article PK: 10640

Hello,
is there any manual how to upgrade from the previous version?

Thanks Standa

"Matt" <mteskey@n0spam.sybase.com> pí¹e v diskusním pøíspìvku
news:4372649d$1@forums-1-dub...

> Pylon Anywhere 6.4.6 is now available.
>
> The software is available from the MySybase portal (Instructions below)
> The key new features of 6.4.6. include:
> * Initial release of new Symbian clients (Symbian OS 7/8: series 60,
series
> 80, UIQ)
>
> - see Release Notes and Supported Platforms Matrix for specific
> devices that are certified for this release
>
> * Windows Mobile 5 support
>
> * Several server and client issues resolved
>
> * Client signing for Orange Smartphone 2003 devices
>
>
> Product Manuals are also posted at
>
http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals/pylon_anywhere/index.html
>
> The updated Supported Platforms Matrix, which links to the "Release Notes"
> and
> "Supported Devices" documents, is available at
> http://www.ianywhere.com/products/supported_platforms_pylonanywhere.html
>
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
>
> If you have a current Pylon Anywhere Support contract you are entitled to
> download Pylon Anywhere 6.4.6 free of charge. You must be a named support
> contact for your organization in order to see the Pylon Anywhere download
in
> your profile.
>
> To download:
> Visit http://www.ianywhere.com/products/pylon_anywhere.html
> Click on "EBFs/Maintenance" in the left navigation bar
> Enter your log-in information
> Select the Pylon Anywhere product family
> Select the Pylon Anywhere 6.4.6 Release
> Follow the download directions
>
> When creating/updating your MySybase account, you will need to ensure that
> you have specified "Technical Support Contact" as one of your roles. In
> setting this role, you will need to specify your email address and either
> your site ID or your personal Technical Contact ID.
>
> If you need assistance creating your MySybase account, our Customer
Service
> group would be happy to assist you. Simply call 1-800-8-SYBASE.
>
> -=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==--=-=-=-=-=
>
>
>


Matt Posted on 2005-11-18 15:09:22.0Z
From: "Matt" <mteskey@n0spam.sybase.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.pylonanywhere.general
References: <4372649d$1@forums-1-dub> <437d9846$1@forums-2-dub>
Subject: Re: Pylon Anywhere 6.4.6 is now available (includes Symbian clients)
Lines: 83
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1506
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1506
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: mteskey-xp.sybase.com
Message-ID: <437ded0c$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 18 Nov 2005 07:02:36 -0800, mteskey-xp.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 18 Nov 2005 07:02:37 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 18 Nov 2005 07:09:22 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1132326562 10.22.108.75 (18 Nov 2005 07:09:22 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 18 Nov 2005 07:09:22 -0800, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.pylonanywhere.general:711
Article PK: 18600

Pylon Anywhere server upgrade best practices can be found at
http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/technotes/pa_upgrade_best_practices.html
from teh Pylon Anywhere support site
(http://www.ianywhere.com/support/pylon_anywhere.html)

Matt...

"Standa" <stanislav.brand@m-com.cz> wrote in message
news:437d9846$1@forums-2-dub...
> Hello,
> is there any manual how to upgrade from the previous version?
>
> Thanks Standa
>
> "Matt" <mteskey@n0spam.sybase.com> pí¹e v diskusním pøíspìvku
> news:4372649d$1@forums-1-dub...
> > Pylon Anywhere 6.4.6 is now available.
> >
> > The software is available from the MySybase portal (Instructions below)
> > The key new features of 6.4.6. include:
> > * Initial release of new Symbian clients (Symbian OS 7/8: series 60,
> series
> > 80, UIQ)
> >
> > - see Release Notes and Supported Platforms Matrix for specific
> > devices that are certified for this release
> >
> > * Windows Mobile 5 support
> >
> > * Several server and client issues resolved
> >
> > * Client signing for Orange Smartphone 2003 devices
> >
> >
> > Product Manuals are also posted at
> >
>
http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals/pylon_anywhere/index.html
> >
> > The updated Supported Platforms Matrix, which links to the "Release
Notes"
> > and
> > "Supported Devices" documents, is available at
> > http://www.ianywhere.com/products/supported_platforms_pylonanywhere.html
> >
> > -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> >
> > If you have a current Pylon Anywhere Support contract you are entitled
to
> > download Pylon Anywhere 6.4.6 free of charge. You must be a named
support
> > contact for your organization in order to see the Pylon Anywhere
download
> in
> > your profile.
> >
> > To download:
> > Visit http://www.ianywhere.com/products/pylon_anywhere.html
> > Click on "EBFs/Maintenance" in the left navigation bar
> > Enter your log-in information
> > Select the Pylon Anywhere product family
> > Select the Pylon Anywhere 6.4.6 Release
> > Follow the download directions
> >
> > When creating/updating your MySybase account, you will need to ensure
that
> > you have specified "Technical Support Contact" as one of your roles. In
> > setting this role, you will need to specify your email address and
either
> > your site ID or your personal Technical Contact ID.
> >
> > If you need assistance creating your MySybase account, our Customer
> Service
> > group would be happy to assist you. Simply call 1-800-8-SYBASE.
> >
> > -=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==--=-=-=-=-=
> >
> >
> >
>
>