Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Appeon 3.1J Enterprise edition on Windows Server 2003 installation fails

3 posts in Appeon (partner product) Last posting was on 2006-01-18 01:45:37.0Z
tnomura Posted on 2006-01-16 07:52:02.0Z
Sender: 11ae.43cb4748.1804289383@sybase.com
From: tnomura
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
Subject: Appeon 3.1J Enterprise edition on Windows Server 2003 installation fails
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <43cb4db4.11e5.1681692777@sybase.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="-=_forums-2-dub43cb4db4"
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.42
X-Original-Trace: 15 Jan 2006 23:39:32 -0800, 10.22.241.42
Lines: 1786
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 15 Jan 2006 23:39:33 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 15 Jan 2006 23:52:02 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1137397922 10.22.108.75 (15 Jan 2006 23:52:02 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 15 Jan 2006 23:52:02 -0800, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:1292
Article PK: 12931

Hi.

We have an installation problem.

After you install Appeon 3.1J Enterprise edition on Windows
Server 2003,
the install disk image is installed in EAServer's package
folder of
ASInterface. If you install Appeon 3.1J Developere edition
on Windows
Server 2003, it installs OK.

Appeon 3.1J Enterprise edition on Windows Server 2003 bad
installation
folders and files list

EAServer
Repository
Component
ASInterface
+easerver
0x0409.ini
Appeon Server 3.1.msi
appeon.bmp
Autorun.inf
Data1.cab
instmsia.exe
ISScript8.Msi
licence.appeon
setup.exe
Setup.ini

When you run setup.exe in the ASInterface folder it tries to
uninstall Appeon 3.1J.

This issue occurs on a customer site and also our PCs.

Please advice.
Thank you.

enterprise.gif
developer.gif

tnomura Posted on 2006-01-17 09:31:26.0Z
Sender: 2b3.43ccb5f3.1804289383@sybase.com
From: tnomura
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
Subject: Re: Appeon 3.1J Enterprise edition on Windows Server 2003 installation fails
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <43ccb96e.2d5.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <43cb4db4.11e5.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 17 Jan 2006 01:31:26 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1137490286 10.22.241.41 (17 Jan 2006 01:31:26 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 17 Jan 2006 01:31:26 -0800, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 63
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:1294
Article PK: 21129

hi tnomura,

We are still trying to reproduce your problem on my side.
Can you provide the following information?
1. What' s the Appeon version.
2. How do you install the Appeon Enterprise edition? Will
you install Appeon via the CD disk?
3. What's the modified date of the Data1.cab file in the
installation program.
4. Detail steps for reproducing the problem.

Besides, I suggest you refer to the Appeon installation
guide and make sure you follows the steps in it.

Regards
Sally Li

> Hi.
>
> We have an installation problem.
>
> After you install Appeon 3.1J Enterprise edition on
> Windows Server 2003,
> the install disk image is installed in EAServer's package
> folder of
> ASInterface. If you install Appeon 3.1J Developere
> edition on Windows
> Server 2003, it installs OK.
>
> Appeon 3.1J Enterprise edition on Windows Server 2003 bad
> installation
> folders and files list
>
> EAServer
> Repository
> Component
> ASInterface
> +easerver
> 0x0409.ini
> Appeon Server 3.1.msi
> appeon.bmp
> Autorun.inf
> Data1.cab
> instmsia.exe
> ISScript8.Msi
> licence.appeon
> setup.exe
> Setup.ini
>
> When you run setup.exe in the ASInterface folder it tries
> to uninstall Appeon 3.1J.
>
> This issue occurs on a customer site and also our PCs.
>
> Please advice.
> Thank you.
>
>
>
> [Attachment: enterprise.gif]
> [Attachment: developer.gif]


tnomura Posted on 2006-01-18 01:45:37.0Z
Sender: e92.43cd9bbc.1804289383@sybase.com
From: tnomura
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
Subject: Re: Appeon 3.1J Enterprise edition on Windows Server 2003 installation fails
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <43cd9dc1.ea2.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <43ccb96e.2d5.1681692777@sybase.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="-=_forums-1-dub43cd9dc1"
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 17 Jan 2006 17:45:37 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1137548737 10.22.241.41 (17 Jan 2006 17:45:37 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 17 Jan 2006 17:45:37 -0800, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 2539
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:1297
Article PK: 21130

Hi Sally Li,

Thank you for the reply.

> hi tnomura,
>
> We are still trying to reproduce your problem on my side.
> Can you provide the following information?
> 1. What' s the Appeon version.

Appeon 3.1 Japanese version

> 2. How do you install the Appeon Enterprise edition? Will
> you install Appeon via the CD disk?

Yes, from the CD.

> 3. What's the modified date of the Data1.cab file in the
> installation program.

Timestamp is 2/Sep/2005 21:21:00

> 4. Detail steps for reproducing the problem.
>

See the attachment image. Just default except
for the dialog to NO to "Is EAServer already installed?"

> Besides, I suggest you refer to the Appeon installation
> guide and make sure you follows the steps in it.

Yes, followed the instructions.

In the installation disk, there is setup.ini file.
\Appeon\ASP\Setup.ini

There is no section for Windows server 2003.
Is this correct?

[SupportOS]
Win95=1
Win98=1
WinME=1
WinNT4=1
Win2K=1

Regards,
T. Nomura

app3.gif