Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Informix?

4 posts in Appeon (partner product) Last posting was on 2006-02-14 09:02:12.0Z
"Jason" <jbays_ Posted on 2006-02-01 22:16:06.0Z
From: "Jason" <jbays_@_wynalda_._com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
Organization: 68.76.26.212
X-Newsreader: AspNNTP 1.50 (Takeshi Eto)
Subject: Informix?
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: web110.discountasp.net
Message-ID: <43e12449$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 1 Feb 2006 13:12:41 -0800, web110.discountasp.net
Lines: 11
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 1 Feb 2006 13:12:45 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 1 Feb 2006 14:16:06 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1138832166 10.22.108.75 (1 Feb 2006 14:16:06 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 1 Feb 2006 14:16:06 -0800, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:1316
Article PK: 12940

I've heard that Appeon can work with Informix. It's not supported and stored
procedures don't work, but supposedly you can connect to it. Can anyone provide
some direction on how to connect to Informix using Appeon? Does Informix become
a valid Database Type in the 'DB Type Profilies' tab of the Configuration
window?

Thanks.

- Jason

Jason


Julie Jiang Posted on 2006-02-05 09:16:07.0Z
From: "Julie Jiang" <julie.jiang@appeon.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
Organization: 59.37.60.2
References: <43e12449$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Newsreader: AspNNTP 1.50 (Takeshi Eto)
Subject: Re: Informix?
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: web110.discountasp.net
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: web110.discountasp.net
Message-ID: <43e5c257$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 5 Feb 2006 01:16:07 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1139130967 64.79.161.40 (5 Feb 2006 01:16:07 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 5 Feb 2006 01:16:07 -0800, web110.discountasp.net
Lines: 22
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:1322
Article PK: 21143

Please just select "IBM DB2" as the database in the Appeon settings if using
Informix.

Regards,
Julie

On 1 Feb 2006 14:16:06 -0800,
in sybase.public.appeon

Jason <jbays_@_wynalda_._com> wrote:
>I've heard that Appeon can work with Informix. It's not supported and stored
>procedures don't work, but supposedly you can connect to it. Can anyone
provide
>some direction on how to connect to Informix using Appeon? Does Informix
become
>a valid Database Type in the 'DB Type Profilies' tab of the Configuration
>window?
>
>Thanks.
>
>- Jason
>
>Jason


Rex Geissler Posted on 2006-02-09 06:49:21.0Z
From: "Rex Geissler" <Rex.Geissler@sybase.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
References: <43e12449$1@forums-2-dub> <43e5c257$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: Informix?
Lines: 15281
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2180
NNTP-Posting-Host: vpn-dub-089.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vpn-dub-089.sybase.com
Message-ID: <43eae5f1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 8 Feb 2006 22:49:21 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1139467761 10.22.120.89 (8 Feb 2006 22:49:21 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 8 Feb 2006 22:49:21 -0800, vpn-dub-089.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: techsupp
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:1328
Article PK: 12948

Please also see the attached documents to help out, which are from other
Appeon/Informix customer installations.

Regards, Rex

"Julie Jiang" <julie.jiang@appeon.com> wrote in message
news:43e5c257$1@forums-1-dub...
> Please just select "IBM DB2" as the database in the Appeon settings if
> using
> Informix.
>
> Regards,
> Julie
>
> On 1 Feb 2006 14:16:06 -0800,
> in sybase.public.appeon
> Jason <jbays_@_wynalda_._com> wrote:
>>I've heard that Appeon can work with Informix. It's not supported and
>>stored
>>procedures don't work, but supposedly you can connect to it. Can anyone
> provide
>>some direction on how to connect to Informix using Appeon? Does Informix
> become
>>a valid Database Type in the 'DB Type Profilies' tab of the Configuration
>>window?
>>
>>Thanks.
>>
>>- Jason
>>
>>Jason


Marco Meoni Posted on 2006-02-14 09:02:12.0Z
Sender: 41be.43f19a46.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Marco Meoni
Newsgroups: sybase.public.appeon
Subject: Re: Informix?
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <43f19c94.41e6.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <43eae5f1@forums-1-dub>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 14 Feb 2006 01:02:12 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1139907732 10.22.241.41 (14 Feb 2006 01:02:12 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 14 Feb 2006 01:02:12 -0800, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 45
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.appeon:1340
Article PK: 21151

I confirm "IBM DB2" works fairly fine for Informix, although
I'm struggling with a date format problem: I can't update
tables containg dates, neither if I set the format MDY4, nor
DMY4, nor anything else...

Marco

> Please also see the attached documents to help out, which
> are from other Appeon/Informix customer installations.
>
> Regards, Rex
>
>
> "Julie Jiang" <julie.jiang@appeon.com> wrote in message
> news:43e5c257$1@forums-1-dub...
> > Please just select "IBM DB2" as the database in the
> > Appeon settings if using
> > Informix.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Julie
> >
> > On 1 Feb 2006 14:16:06 -0800,
> > in sybase.public.appeon
> > Jason <jbays_@_wynalda_._com> wrote:
> >>I've heard that Appeon can work with Informix. It's not
> supported and >>stored
> >>procedures don't work, but supposedly you can connect to
> > it. Can anyone provide
> >>some direction on how to connect to Informix using
> > Appeon? Does Informix become
> >>a valid Database Type in the 'DB Type Profilies' tab of
> the Configuration >>window?
> >>
> >>Thanks.
> >>
> >>- Jason
> >>
> >>Jason
>
>
>
>
> [Attachment: Informix Installation Information, Step by

Step instructions.zip]