Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

How to attach to a controller

11 posts in General Discussion Last posting was on 2006-03-14 17:39:34.0Z
kevin zeng Posted on 2006-03-09 23:15:53.0Z
Sender: 7c2a.4410b212.1804289383@sybase.com
From: kevin zeng
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.rfidanywhere.general
Subject: How to attach to a controller
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4410b729.7c67.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 9 Mar 2006 15:15:53 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1141946153 10.22.241.41 (9 Mar 2006 15:15:53 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 9 Mar 2006 15:15:53 -0800, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 13
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.rfidanywhere.general:5
Article PK: 18816

Hopefully, someone can answer my question. I have Anywhere
Visual Studio Extension installed and I have successfully
created a new business module in .net. However, when I try
to attach my business module to a controller, I simply
cannot find the RFID Anywhere menu (Please refer to page 11
at the Developer's guide). Where is it?

I simply want to read RFID tags from AWID MPR-3014NF reader.
Is there any demo program for how to attach the business
module a physical RFID reader. The inventory tracker demo
only shows how to use the RFID simulator.

I appreciate for all your helps.


Matt Posted on 2006-03-10 14:53:38.0Z
From: "Matt" <matt.teskey0nospam@sybase.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.rfidanywhere.general
References: <4410b729.7c67.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: How to attach to a controller
Lines: 26
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2180
NNTP-Posting-Host: mteskey-d600.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: mteskey-d600.sybase.com
Message-ID: <441192f2$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 10 Mar 2006 06:53:38 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1142002418 10.25.99.111 (10 Mar 2006 06:53:38 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 10 Mar 2006 06:53:38 -0800, mteskey-d600.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: techsupp
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.rfidanywhere.general:6
Article PK: 18813

Kevin:

Can you confirm that you installed the RFID Anywhere Visual Studio .NET
extension on top of and already-installed Visual Studio .NET 2003? Is RFID
Anywhere installed on your development machine as well?

Thanks..

Matt..

<kevin zeng> wrote in message news:4410b729.7c67.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hopefully, someone can answer my question. I have Anywhere
> Visual Studio Extension installed and I have successfully
> created a new business module in .net. However, when I try
> to attach my business module to a controller, I simply
> cannot find the RFID Anywhere menu (Please refer to page 11
> at the Developer's guide). Where is it?
>
> I simply want to read RFID tags from AWID MPR-3014NF reader.
> Is there any demo program for how to attach the business
> module a physical RFID reader. The inventory tracker demo
> only shows how to use the RFID simulator.
>
> I appreciate for all your helps.


kaifeng zeng Posted on 2006-03-10 15:04:25.0Z
Sender: 1cc3.44117688.1804289383@sybase.com
From: kaifeng zeng
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.rfidanywhere.general
Subject: Re: How to attach to a controller
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <441185c4.1d44.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <441192f2$1@forums-1-dub>
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.42
X-Original-Trace: 10 Mar 2006 05:57:24 -0800, 10.22.241.42
Lines: 45
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 10 Mar 2006 05:57:27 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 10 Mar 2006 07:04:25 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1142003065 10.22.108.75 (10 Mar 2006 07:04:25 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 10 Mar 2006 07:04:25 -0800, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.rfidanywhere.general:7
Article PK: 18814

Matt

How can I confirm that I installed the RFID Anywhere
extension on top of the Visual Studio .NET 2003? When I
create a new c# project, I can see the RFID Anywhere
Business Module template. When I go to Tools, I can see RFID
Anywhere Simulator. However, when I click on the RFID
Anywhere Simulator, .net IDE says "This tool could not be
executed. Please ensure that it points to a valid
executable." I cannot find anything else that is related to
RFID Anywhere at the .net IDE.

RFID Anywhere has been installed on my development machine.
I can start the service and use Administrator Console.

Kevin

> Kevin:
>
> Can you confirm that you installed the RFID Anywhere
> Visual Studio .NET extension on top of and
> already-installed Visual Studio .NET 2003? Is RFID
> Anywhere installed on your development machine as well?
>
> Thanks..
>
> Matt..
>
> <kevin zeng> wrote in message
> > news:4410b729.7c67.1681692777@sybase.com... Hopefully,
> > someone can answer my question. I have Anywhere Visual
> > Studio Extension installed and I have successfully
> > created a new business module in .net. However, when I
> > try to attach my business module to a controller, I
> simply cannot find the RFID Anywhere menu (Please refer to
> > page 11 at the Developer's guide). Where is it?
> >
> > I simply want to read RFID tags from AWID MPR-3014NF
> > reader. Is there any demo program for how to attach the
> > business module a physical RFID reader. The inventory
> > tracker demo only shows how to use the RFID simulator.
> >
> > I appreciate for all your helps.
>
>


kaifeng zeng Posted on 2006-03-10 15:05:39.0Z
Sender: 1d48.441185d2.1804289383@sybase.com
From: kaifeng zeng
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.rfidanywhere.general
Subject: Re: How to attach to a controller
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4411860d.1d4f.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <4410b729.7c67.1681692777@sybase.com>
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.42
X-Original-Trace: 10 Mar 2006 05:58:37 -0800, 10.22.241.42
Lines: 30
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 10 Mar 2006 05:58:39 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 10 Mar 2006 07:05:39 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1142003139 10.22.108.75 (10 Mar 2006 07:05:39 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 10 Mar 2006 07:05:39 -0800, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.rfidanywhere.general:8
Article PK: 18817

Matt

How can I confirm that I installed the RFID Anywhere
extension on top of the Visual Studio .NET 2003? When I
create a new c# project, I can see the RFID Anywhere
Business Module template. When I go to Tools, I can see RFID
Anywhere Simulator. However, when I click on the RFID
Anywhere Simulator, .net IDE says "This tool could not be
executed. Please ensure that it points to a valid
executable." I cannot find anything else that is related to
RFID Anywhere at the .net IDE.

RFID Anywhere has been installed on my development machine.
I can start the service and use Administrator Console.

Kevin

> Hopefully, someone can answer my question. I have Anywhere
> Visual Studio Extension installed and I have successfully
> created a new business module in .net. However, when I try
> to attach my business module to a controller, I simply
> cannot find the RFID Anywhere menu (Please refer to page
> 11 at the Developer's guide). Where is it?
>
> I simply want to read RFID tags from AWID MPR-3014NF
> reader. Is there any demo program for how to attach the
> business module a physical RFID reader. The inventory
> tracker demo only shows how to use the RFID simulator.
>
> I appreciate for all your helps.


Matt Posted on 2006-03-10 18:51:45.0Z
From: "Matt" <matt.teskey0nospam@sybase.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.rfidanywhere.general
References: <4410b729.7c67.1681692777@sybase.com> <4411860d.1d4f.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: How to attach to a controller
Lines: 39
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2180
NNTP-Posting-Host: mteskey-d600.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: mteskey-d600.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4411cac1$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 10 Mar 2006 10:51:45 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1142016705 10.25.99.111 (10 Mar 2006 10:51:45 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 10 Mar 2006 10:51:45 -0800, mteskey-d600.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: techsupp
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.rfidanywhere.general:9
Article PK: 18815

Can you send a screenshot of your IDE? Are you saying you don't see either
an RFID Anywhere menu item or RFID Anywhere icons (the icons are red and
blue traingles with letters in the lower corner)?

Matt.

<kaifeng zeng> wrote in message news:4411860d.1d4f.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Matt
>
> How can I confirm that I installed the RFID Anywhere
> extension on top of the Visual Studio .NET 2003? When I
> create a new c# project, I can see the RFID Anywhere
> Business Module template. When I go to Tools, I can see RFID
> Anywhere Simulator. However, when I click on the RFID
> Anywhere Simulator, .net IDE says "This tool could not be
> executed. Please ensure that it points to a valid
> executable." I cannot find anything else that is related to
> RFID Anywhere at the .net IDE.
>
> RFID Anywhere has been installed on my development machine.
> I can start the service and use Administrator Console.
>
> Kevin
>
>> Hopefully, someone can answer my question. I have Anywhere
>> Visual Studio Extension installed and I have successfully
>> created a new business module in .net. However, when I try
>> to attach my business module to a controller, I simply
>> cannot find the RFID Anywhere menu (Please refer to page
>> 11 at the Developer's guide). Where is it?
>>
>> I simply want to read RFID tags from AWID MPR-3014NF
>> reader. Is there any demo program for how to attach the
>> business module a physical RFID reader. The inventory
>> tracker demo only shows how to use the RFID simulator.
>>
>> I appreciate for all your helps.


Matt Posted on 2006-03-13 17:08:32.0Z
From: "Matt" <matt.teskey0nospam@sybase.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.rfidanywhere.general
References: <4411cac1$1@forums-1-dub> <4411e26e.bdb.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: How to attach to a controller
Lines: 72
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2180
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: mteskey-d600.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4415974a$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 13 Mar 2006 08:01:14 -0800, mteskey-d600.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 13 Mar 2006 08:01:16 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 13 Mar 2006 09:08:32 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1142269712 10.22.108.75 (13 Mar 2006 09:08:32 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 13 Mar 2006 09:08:32 -0800, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.rfidanywhere.general:12
Article PK: 18820

Kevin:

We will try to reproduce here. In the meantime, I heard from someone else
who had a similiar problem, which he believes was related to the order in
whivch he installed the components. Here is what he did to work around his
issue, which you might want to try. This was on version 2.0, so you may want
to install the 2.0.1 updates after installing RFID Anywhere 2.0 and the VS
Extension in the steps below.

1) Remove RFID VS Extension (from Add/Remove programs)
2) Remove RFID Anywhere
3) Reboot
4) Install RFID Anywhere
5) Install RFID VS Extension

Hope this helps,

Matt..

<kaifeng zeng> wrote in message news:4411e26e.bdb.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Matt,
>
> I have attached the screenshots. I tried to remove the .net
> extension and reinstall it, but still couldn't see RFID
> Anywhere menu item or RFID Anywhere icons.
>
> Kevin
>
>
>> Can you send a screenshot of your IDE? Are you saying you
>> don't see either an RFID Anywhere menu item or RFID
>> Anywhere icons (the icons are red and blue traingles with
>> letters in the lower corner)?
>>
>> Matt.
>>
>> <kaifeng zeng> wrote in message
>> > news:4411860d.1d4f.1681692777@sybase.com... Matt
>> >
>> > How can I confirm that I installed the RFID Anywhere
>> > extension on top of the Visual Studio .NET 2003? When I
>> > create a new c# project, I can see the RFID Anywhere
>> > Business Module template. When I go to Tools, I can see
>> > RFID Anywhere Simulator. However, when I click on the
>> > RFID Anywhere Simulator, .net IDE says "This tool could
>> > not be executed. Please ensure that it points to a valid
>> > executable." I cannot find anything else that is related
>> > to RFID Anywhere at the .net IDE.
>> >
>> > RFID Anywhere has been installed on my development
>> > machine. I can start the service and use Administrator
>> Console. >
>> > Kevin
>> >
>> >> Hopefully, someone can answer my question. I have
>> Anywhere >> Visual Studio Extension installed and I have
>> successfully >> created a new business module in .net.
>> However, when I try >> to attach my business module to a
>> controller, I simply >> cannot find the RFID Anywhere menu
>> (Please refer to page >> 11 at the Developer's guide).
>> Where is it? >>
>> >> I simply want to read RFID tags from AWID MPR-3014NF
>> >> reader. Is there any demo program for how to attach the
>> >> business module a physical RFID reader. The inventory
>> >> tracker demo only shows how to use the RFID simulator.
>> >>
>> >> I appreciate for all your helps.
>>
>>
>