Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

PSWebDataWindowClass fail

7 posts in Java J2EE specific Last posting was on 2006-06-21 01:31:08.0Z
Jesus Campos Posted on 2006-06-16 11:18:49.0Z
Reply-To: "Jesus Campos" <jesus.gi@cm-barcelos.pt>
From: "Jesus Campos" <jesus.gi@cm-barcelos.pt>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver.j2ee
Subject: PSWebDataWindowClass fail
Lines: 26
Organization: CMB
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2869
X-MIMEOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2869
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 195-23-46-218.net.novis.pt
Message-ID: <449292af$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 16 Jun 2006 04:14:55 -0700, 195-23-46-218.net.novis.pt
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 16 Jun 2006 04:14:56 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 16 Jun 2006 04:18:49 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1150456729 10.22.108.75 (16 Jun 2006 04:18:49 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 16 Jun 2006 04:18:49 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver.j2ee:7668
Article PK: 208120

Hi,



I have an easerver runnig under Linux and it work well with all classes,
including PSDataWindowClass, but when I try to use PSWebDataWindowClass it
fail:



Method PSWebDataWindowClass(java.lang.String, boolean,
com.sybase.powerbuilder.jspobject.PSJaguarConnection,
com.sybase.powerbuilder.jspobject.PSDataWindowSourceClass,
com.sybase.powerbuilder.jspobject.PSConnectionParmsClass, int) not found in
class com.sybase.jsp.......




On ../WEB-INF/lib/ exist the file jspobject90.jar



Can anyone help me?


"Alexander Pire" <Alexander_no_spam_ Posted on 2006-06-17 08:15:39.0Z
From: "Alexander Pire" <Alexander_no_spam_@powerobjects_dot_com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver.j2ee
References: <449292af$1@forums-2-dub>
Subject: Re: PSWebDataWindowClass fail
Lines: 43
Organization: PowerObjects
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2869
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2869
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: 67-40-163-229.mpls.qwest.net
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 67-40-163-229.mpls.qwest.net
Message-ID: <4493ba2b$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 17 Jun 2006 01:15:39 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1150532139 67.40.163.229 (17 Jun 2006 01:15:39 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 17 Jun 2006 01:15:39 -0700, 67-40-163-229.mpls.qwest.net
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver.j2ee:7669
Article PK: 208119

Looks like you miss something in the page import, could you send the jsp?

Regards

--

Alexander Pire
PowerObjects
www.powerobjects.com
612.339.3355
**IT Solutions - Outside the Box**

"Jesus Campos" <jesus.gi@cm-barcelos.pt> wrote in message
news:449292af$1@forums-2-dub...
> Hi,
>
>
>
> I have an easerver runnig under Linux and it work well with all classes,
> including PSDataWindowClass, but when I try to use PSWebDataWindowClass it
> fail:
>
>
>
> Method PSWebDataWindowClass(java.lang.String, boolean,
> com.sybase.powerbuilder.jspobject.PSJaguarConnection,
> com.sybase.powerbuilder.jspobject.PSDataWindowSourceClass,
> com.sybase.powerbuilder.jspobject.PSConnectionParmsClass, int) not found
> in class com.sybase.jsp.......
>
>
>
>
> On ../WEB-INF/lib/ exist the file jspobject90.jar
>
>
>
> Can anyone help me?
>
>


Jesus Campos Posted on 2006-06-19 09:35:46.0Z
Reply-To: "Jesus Campos" <jesus.gi@cm-barcelos.pt>
From: "Jesus Campos" <jesus.gi@cm-barcelos.pt>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver.j2ee
References: <449292af$1@forums-2-dub> <4493ba2b$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: PSWebDataWindowClass fail
Lines: 43
Organization: CMB
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2869
X-MIMEOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2869
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 195-23-46-218.net.novis.pt
Message-ID: <44966ef6$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 19 Jun 2006 02:31:34 -0700, 195-23-46-218.net.novis.pt
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 19 Jun 2006 02:31:37 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 19 Jun 2006 02:35:46 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1150709746 10.22.108.75 (19 Jun 2006 02:35:46 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 19 Jun 2006 02:35:46 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver.j2ee:7671
Article PK: 208123

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="PowerSiteData" NAME="SERVERLANGUAGE" CONTENT="java">
<TITLE>...</TITLE>
<META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<META content="PB9.0.1.6533" name="GENERATOR">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="CSS/style.css">
</HEAD>

<%@ page import="com.sybase.powerbuilder.jspobject.*" %>
<%@ page import="java.util.Properties" %>
<%@ page import="com.sybase.CORBA.ORB" %>

<BODY bgColor="white" >

<%
String nr_id = new String("123");

try {
PSJaguarConnection jagConn = new PSJaguarConnection("x.x.x.x:9000",
"jagadmin", "xxx", "dwdbdoc_package/dwdbdoc_component", false);
PSDataWindowSourceClass dwSource = new PSDataWindowSourceClass("",
"d_processo");
PSConnectionParmsClass dbConn = new
PSConnectionParmsClass("Driver='com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybDriver',URL='jdbc:sybase:Tds:10.53.8.15:2638',CacheName='DB_Documental'",
"web_user", "sql", "JDBC", "", "", "" );
//PSDataWindowClass webDW = new PSDataWindowClass(pageContext, request,
"d_processo", false, jagConn, dwSource, dbConn, 0);
PSWebDataWindowClass webDW = PSWebDataWindowClass("d_processo",
false,jagConn, dwSource, dbConn, 0);
webDW.RetrievalArgs = new String[1];
webDW.RetrievalArgs[0] = nr_id;
webDW.Generate();
} catch( Exception e ){
out.println(" Error : " + e.toString() );
}
%>

</BODY>
</HTML>


"Alexander Pire" <Alexander_no_spam_ Posted on 2006-06-20 01:33:59.0Z
From: "Alexander Pire" <Alexander_no_spam_@powerobjects_dot_com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver.j2ee
References: <449292af$1@forums-2-dub> <4493ba2b$1@forums-1-dub> <44966ef6$1@forums-2-dub>
Subject: Re: PSWebDataWindowClass fail
Lines: 68
Organization: PowerObjects
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2869
X-MIMEOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2869
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: 72-254-239-88.client.stsn.net
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 72-254-239-88.client.stsn.net
Message-ID: <44975087$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 19 Jun 2006 18:33:59 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1150767239 72.254.239.88 (19 Jun 2006 18:33:59 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 19 Jun 2006 18:33:59 -0700, 72-254-239-88.client.stsn.net
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver.j2ee:7672
Article PK: 208127

Hi Jesus

In your first mail you where reporting a problem in the class
com.sybase.jsp..., I think it was a Typo and you were trying to write
com.sybase.powerbuilder.jspobject.PSWebDataWindowClass

Could you send us the Servlet log?

Let me know if "dwdbdoc_package/dwdbdoc_component" is a DW Container (the
component is implemmenting the DataWindow::HTMLGeneratorXXX) and sure you
that the DataWindow Object d_processo is there.

--

Alexander Pire
PowerObjects
www.powerobjects.com
612.339.3355
**IT Solutions - Outside the Box**

"Jesus Campos" <jesus.gi@cm-barcelos.pt> wrote in message
news:44966ef6$1@forums-2-dub...
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
> <HTML>
> <HEAD>
> <META HTTP-EQUIV="PowerSiteData" NAME="SERVERLANGUAGE" CONTENT="java">
> <TITLE>...</TITLE>
> <META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
> charset=iso-8859-1">
> <META content="PB9.0.1.6533" name="GENERATOR">
> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="CSS/style.css">
> </HEAD>
>
> <%@ page import="com.sybase.powerbuilder.jspobject.*" %>
> <%@ page import="java.util.Properties" %>
> <%@ page import="com.sybase.CORBA.ORB" %>
>
> <BODY bgColor="white" >
>
> <%
> String nr_id = new String("123");
>
> try {
> PSJaguarConnection jagConn = new PSJaguarConnection("x.x.x.x:9000",
> "jagadmin", "xxx", "dwdbdoc_package/dwdbdoc_component", false);
> PSDataWindowSourceClass dwSource = new PSDataWindowSourceClass("",
> "d_processo");
> PSConnectionParmsClass dbConn = new
> PSConnectionParmsClass("Driver='com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybDriver',URL='jdbc:sybase:Tds:10.53.8.15:2638',CacheName='DB_Documental'",
> "web_user", "sql", "JDBC", "", "", "" );
> //PSDataWindowClass webDW = new PSDataWindowClass(pageContext, request,
> "d_processo", false, jagConn, dwSource, dbConn, 0);
> PSWebDataWindowClass webDW = PSWebDataWindowClass("d_processo",
> false,jagConn, dwSource, dbConn, 0);
> webDW.RetrievalArgs = new String[1];
> webDW.RetrievalArgs[0] = nr_id;
> webDW.Generate();
> } catch( Exception e ){
> out.println(" Error : " + e.toString() );
> }
> %>
>
> </BODY>
> </HTML>
>


Jesus Campos Posted on 2006-06-20 09:56:42.0Z
Reply-To: "Jesus Campos" <jesus.gi@cm-barcelos.pt>
From: "Jesus Campos" <jesus.gi@cm-barcelos.pt>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver.j2ee
References: <449292af$1@forums-2-dub> <4493ba2b$1@forums-1-dub> <44966ef6$1@forums-2-dub> <44975087$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: PSWebDataWindowClass fail
Lines: 25
Organization: CMB
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2869
X-MIMEOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2869
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 195-23-46-218.net.novis.pt
Message-ID: <4497c559$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 20 Jun 2006 02:52:25 -0700, 195-23-46-218.net.novis.pt
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 20 Jun 2006 02:52:26 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 20 Jun 2006 02:56:42 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1150797402 10.22.108.75 (20 Jun 2006 02:56:42 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 20 Jun 2006 02:56:42 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver.j2ee:7673
Article PK: 208125

> Hi Jesus
Hi there!

> In your first mail you where reporting a problem in the class
> com.sybase.jsp..., I think it was a Typo and you were trying to write
> com.sybase.powerbuilder.jspobject.PSWebDataWindowClass

The full error that is reported is:
... not found in class com.sybase.jsp.[web_aplication_name]_[page_name]$jsp.
com.sybase.powerbuilder.jspobject.PSWebDataWindowClass

> Could you send us the Servlet log?
I can send, but if I trunck the log before process the page, it stay clean
after it. [I think that you are refering to Jaguarhttpservlet.log]

> Let me know if "dwdbdoc_package/dwdbdoc_component" is a DW Container
Yes you are right

> (the component is implemmenting the DataWindow::HTMLGeneratorXXX)
DataWindow::HTMLGenerator90

> and sure you that the DataWindow Object d_processo is there.
Sure is there, it work with the class PSDataWindowClass, but this class only
have a few methods. Don't have, for example, the method GetItem....


"Alexander Pire" <Alexander_no_spam_ Posted on 2006-06-20 15:24:46.0Z
From: "Alexander Pire" <Alexander_no_spam_@powerobjects_dot_com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver.j2ee
References: <449292af$1@forums-2-dub> <4493ba2b$1@forums-1-dub> <44966ef6$1@forums-2-dub> <44975087$1@forums-1-dub> <4497c559$1@forums-2-dub>
Subject: Re: PSWebDataWindowClass fail
Lines: 46
Organization: PowerObjects
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2869
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2869
NNTP-Posting-Host: 12.43.229.154
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 12.43.229.154
Message-ID: <4498133e$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 20 Jun 2006 08:24:46 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1150817086 12.43.229.154 (20 Jun 2006 08:24:46 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 20 Jun 2006 08:24:46 -0700, 12.43.229.154
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver.j2ee:7674
Article PK: 208126

Hi Jesus

Just the servlet part where the timestamp tell you that that line could be
related in the problem. Check Time machine (at crash moment) and Time in the
log.

Best Regards
--

Alexander Pire
PowerObjects
www.powerobjects.com
612.339.3355
**IT Solutions - Outside the Box**

"Jesus Campos" <jesus.gi@cm-barcelos.pt> wrote in message
news:4497c559$1@forums-2-dub...
>> Hi Jesus
> Hi there!
>
>> In your first mail you where reporting a problem in the class
>> com.sybase.jsp..., I think it was a Typo and you were trying to write
>> com.sybase.powerbuilder.jspobject.PSWebDataWindowClass
> The full error that is reported is:
> ... not found in class
> com.sybase.jsp.[web_aplication_name]_[page_name]$jsp.
> com.sybase.powerbuilder.jspobject.PSWebDataWindowClass
>
>> Could you send us the Servlet log?
> I can send, but if I trunck the log before process the page, it stay clean
> after it. [I think that you are refering to Jaguarhttpservlet.log]
>
>> Let me know if "dwdbdoc_package/dwdbdoc_component" is a DW Container
> Yes you are right
>
>> (the component is implemmenting the DataWindow::HTMLGeneratorXXX)
> DataWindow::HTMLGenerator90
>
>> and sure you that the DataWindow Object d_processo is there.
> Sure is there, it work with the class PSDataWindowClass, but this class
> only have a few methods. Don't have, for example, the method GetItem....
>
>


Larry Cermak [Team Sybase] Posted on 2006-06-21 01:31:08.0Z
From: "Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]" <LCermak@branick-inc.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver.j2ee
References: <449292af$1@forums-2-dub>
Subject: Re: PSWebDataWindowClass fail
Lines: 43
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2869
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2869
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: 12.148.200.226
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 12.148.200.226
Message-ID: <4498a15c$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 20 Jun 2006 18:31:08 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1150853468 12.148.200.226 (20 Jun 2006 18:31:08 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 20 Jun 2006 18:31:08 -0700, 12.148.200.226
X-Authenticated-User: TeamSybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.easerver.j2ee:7675
Article PK: 208128

You might try using your own component instead of this class. My reasoning
is this. The object model that is used is overkill, IMO. If you write simple
JSP to access a component it is easier to trace thru and debug.

--

Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
Branick Consulting, Inc.
www.branick-inc.com
EAServer & PowerBuilder Consulting & Training
EAServer and PowerBuilder Computer Based Training Courses

"Jesus Campos" <jesus.gi@cm-barcelos.pt> wrote in message
news:449292af$1@forums-2-dub...
> Hi,
>
>
>
> I have an easerver runnig under Linux and it work well with all classes,
> including PSDataWindowClass, but when I try to use PSWebDataWindowClass it
> fail:
>
>
>
> Method PSWebDataWindowClass(java.lang.String, boolean,
> com.sybase.powerbuilder.jspobject.PSJaguarConnection,
> com.sybase.powerbuilder.jspobject.PSDataWindowSourceClass,
> com.sybase.powerbuilder.jspobject.PSConnectionParmsClass, int) not found
> in class com.sybase.jsp.......
>
>
>
>
> On ../WEB-INF/lib/ exist the file jspobject90.jar
>
>
>
> Can anyone help me?
>
>