Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

License number on trial Mbusiness6

4 posts in General Discussion Last posting was on 2006-07-31 16:36:54.0Z
Marcin Zastawny Posted on 2006-07-31 09:58:04.0Z
Reply-To: "Marcin Zastawny" <marcinz@infocon.pl>
From: "Marcin Zastawny" <marcinz@infocon.pl>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.mbusinessanywhere.general
Subject: License number on trial Mbusiness6
Lines: 21
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1807
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1807
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 217.153.67.138
Message-ID: <44cdd23c$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 31 Jul 2006 02:49:48 -0700, 217.153.67.138
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 31 Jul 2006 02:49:51 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 31 Jul 2006 02:58:04 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1154339884 10.22.108.75 (31 Jul 2006 02:58:04 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 31 Jul 2006 02:58:04 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.mbusinessanywhere.general:888
Article PK: 9131

Hello everyone,

I have a question about upgrading the 3seat developer version of MBusiness
Server Application Edition (v6.0, build b3046 Linux ) to commercial.

I have been testing v6 before upgrading from v5.7 (I have the maintenance
contract) but even though I change the ServerLicense string in sync.conf to
my license, the server still sees it as a 3 user server.

I saw another file called license.sta with the license key and the string
AGVerifyLicense, so I changed the license in there, but still the server
behaves as a 3seat machine.

Am I missing something here? Are upgrades available by downloading the trial
version, or is there an upgrade repository somewhere else and some other
version has to be installed, not the trial?

thanks
Marcin


Shuchit Posted on 2006-07-31 16:36:54.0Z
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.mbusinessanywhere.general
Subject: Re: License number on trial Mbusiness6
From: Shuchit <me@privacy.net>
References: <44cdd23c$1@forums-2-dub>
Message-ID: <Xns98117DD8A825Dsvelkarprivacynet@127.0.0.1>
User-Agent: Xnews/2005.10.18 Hamster/2.1.0.0
NNTP-Posting-Host: svelkar-pc.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: svelkar-pc.sybase.com
Date: 31 Jul 2006 09:36:54 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1154363814 10.25.98.136 (31 Jul 2006 09:36:54 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 31 Jul 2006 09:36:54 -0700, svelkar-pc.sybase.com
Lines: 19
X-Authenticated-User: techsupp
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.mbusinessanywhere.general:891
Article PK: 9129


"Marcin Zastawny" <marcinz@infocon.pl> wrote in news:44cdd23c$1@forums-2-dub:

> have been testing v6 before upgrading from v5.7 (I have the maintenance
> contract) but even though I change the ServerLicense string in sync.conf to
> my license, the server still sees it as a 3 user server.
>

You should probably follow the instructions in the admin guide for changing
the license key.
It is in the admin guide available from
<http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals/mbusiness_anywhere/>
Chapter 7, section titled "Enabling product features by updating the license
key".

You should not be updating the .conf files directly, but change the
.conf.default files instead.


Shuchit


"Tyler Durden" Posted on 2006-07-31 15:50:58.0Z
From: "Tyler Durden" <tyler[AT]wandacomputer[dot]com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.mbusinessanywhere.general
References: <44cdd23c$1@forums-2-dub>
Subject: Re: License number on trial Mbusiness6
Lines: 30
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2869
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2869
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: rtc14-71.redred.com
Message-ID: <44ce24f1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 31 Jul 2006 08:42:41 -0700, rtc14-71.redred.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 31 Jul 2006 08:42:44 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 31 Jul 2006 08:50:58 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1154361058 10.22.108.75 (31 Jul 2006 08:50:58 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 31 Jul 2006 08:50:58 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.mbusinessanywhere.general:889
Article PK: 9134

You have to change it in the agsoap.conf as well.

"Marcin Zastawny" <marcinz@infocon.pl> wrote in message
news:44cdd23c$1@forums-2-dub...
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have a question about upgrading the 3seat developer version of MBusiness
> Server Application Edition (v6.0, build b3046 Linux ) to commercial.
>
> I have been testing v6 before upgrading from v5.7 (I have the maintenance
> contract) but even though I change the ServerLicense string in sync.conf
> to
> my license, the server still sees it as a 3 user server.
>
> I saw another file called license.sta with the license key and the string
> AGVerifyLicense, so I changed the license in there, but still the server
> behaves as a 3seat machine.
>
> Am I missing something here? Are upgrades available by downloading the
> trial
> version, or is there an upgrade repository somewhere else and some other
> version has to be installed, not the trial?
>
> thanks
> Marcin
>
>


Marcin Zastawny Posted on 2006-07-31 16:06:02.0Z
From: "Marcin Zastawny" <marcinz@infocon.pl>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.mbusinessanywhere.general
References: <44cdd23c$1@forums-2-dub> <44ce24f1@forums-2-dub>
Subject: Re: License number on trial Mbusiness6
Lines: 48
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2869
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2869
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 83.17.108.106
Message-ID: <44ce287a@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 31 Jul 2006 08:57:46 -0700, 83.17.108.106
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 31 Jul 2006 08:57:48 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 31 Jul 2006 09:06:02 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1154361962 10.22.108.75 (31 Jul 2006 09:06:02 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 31 Jul 2006 09:06:02 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.mbusinessanywhere.general:890
Article PK: 17828

Hi Tyler,

thanks very much for that advice / worked just great.

By the way:
1. is this normal practice to upgrade using trial binaries? Are they the
same as the commercial ones, just different serial numbers?
2. and also, is there a place where Sybase informs of a new builds coming
out? or it it just on this discussion group?

thanks,
Marcin

U¿ytkownik "Tyler Durden" <tyler[AT]wandacomputer[dot]com> napisa³ w
wiadomo¶ci news:44ce24f1@forums-2-dub...

>
> You have to change it in the agsoap.conf as well.
>
> "Marcin Zastawny" <marcinz@infocon.pl> wrote in message
> news:44cdd23c$1@forums-2-dub...
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I have a question about upgrading the 3seat developer version of
>> MBusiness
>> Server Application Edition (v6.0, build b3046 Linux ) to commercial.
>>
>> I have been testing v6 before upgrading from v5.7 (I have the maintenance
>> contract) but even though I change the ServerLicense string in sync.conf
>> to
>> my license, the server still sees it as a 3 user server.
>>
>> I saw another file called license.sta with the license key and the string
>> AGVerifyLicense, so I changed the license in there, but still the server
>> behaves as a 3seat machine.
>>
>> Am I missing something here? Are upgrades available by downloading the
>> trial
>> version, or is there an upgrade repository somewhere else and some other
>> version has to be installed, not the trial?
>>
>> thanks
>> Marcin
>>
>>
>
>