Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

M-biz 6.2 secure connections on Win2k3?

5 posts in General Discussion Last posting was on 2006-11-05 21:38:27.0Z
Owen32 Posted on 2006-11-01 13:06:22.0Z
From: "Owen32" <owen@helix.mgh.harvard.edu>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.mbusinessanywhere.general
Subject: M-biz 6.2 secure connections on Win2k3?
Lines: 20
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2869
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2962
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
NNTP-Posting-Host: owen32.mgh.harvard.edu
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: owen32.mgh.harvard.edu
Message-ID: <4548a9de$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 1 Nov 2006 06:06:22 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1162389982 132.183.173.227 (1 Nov 2006 06:06:22 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 1 Nov 2006 06:06:22 -0700, owen32.mgh.harvard.edu
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.mbusinessanywhere.general:968
Article PK: 9166

Hello - has anyone gotten version 6.2.254 (web pro edition) to run on
Win2k3SP1+ server systems with SSL (secure connections) enabled for wireless
clients? - the system runs but secure connections are not possible (server
doesn't respond) plus there are still issues with channels that need logon
credentials passsed to the channel on a protecetd site with
username/password/domain authentication failures - same as in v6.0.3066
after the upgrade from 6.0 b390 -

- either as a fresh install of M-biz on a fresh builds of Win2K3SP1 OR as an
upgrade from either v6.0.3066 OR as an upgrade from the previous 6.0 b390
version, I can not get secure connections to run once the new version or
upgrade has run -

- I've followed the manual, and have a case submitted (Ali C.) but....I'm
about to dump it all and go back two versions to 6.0 b390 where it all
seemed to work -

chris o.


Marcin Zastawny Posted on 2006-11-05 11:44:54.0Z
From: "Marcin Zastawny" <marcinz@infocon.pl>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.mbusinessanywhere.general
References: <4548a9de$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: M-biz 6.2 secure connections on Win2k3?
Lines: 35
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2869
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2962
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: inet20907-1.eranet.pl
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: inet20907-1.eranet.pl
Message-ID: <454ddcc6@forums-1-dub>
Date: 5 Nov 2006 04:44:54 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1162730694 213.158.197.65 (5 Nov 2006 04:44:54 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 5 Nov 2006 04:44:54 -0700, inet20907-1.eranet.pl
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.mbusinessanywhere.general:971
Article PK: 9169

Owen,

sorry for the off-the-topic question, but where did you get the 6.2 version
from ? where is a repository of new server/client versions?
I use mbusiness 6.0 (client and server on linux) and I have the maintnance
agreement purchased, but dont know where i can get new versions of teh
software.

thanks,
Marcin


U¿ytkownik "Owen32" <owen@helix.mgh.harvard.edu> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
news:4548a9de$1@forums-1-dub...

> Hello - has anyone gotten version 6.2.254 (web pro edition) to run on
> Win2k3SP1+ server systems with SSL (secure connections) enabled for
> wireless clients? - the system runs but secure connections are not
> possible (server doesn't respond) plus there are still issues with
> channels that need logon credentials passsed to the channel on a protecetd
> site with username/password/domain authentication failures - same as in
> v6.0.3066 after the upgrade from 6.0 b390 -
>
> - either as a fresh install of M-biz on a fresh builds of Win2K3SP1 OR as
> an upgrade from either v6.0.3066 OR as an upgrade from the previous 6.0
> b390 version, I can not get secure connections to run once the new version
> or upgrade has run -
>
> - I've followed the manual, and have a case submitted (Ali C.) but....I'm
> about to dump it all and go back two versions to 6.0 b390 where it all
> seemed to work -
>
> chris o.
>


Owen32 Posted on 2006-11-05 21:38:27.0Z
From: "Owen32" <owen@helix.mgh.harvard.edu>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.mbusinessanywhere.general
References: <4548a9de$1@forums-1-dub> <454ddcc6@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: M-biz 6.2 secure connections on Win2k3?
Lines: 64
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2869
X-MIMEOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2962
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: nssras03.neurosurgery.mgh.harvard.edu
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: nssras03.neurosurgery.mgh.harvard.edu
Message-ID: <454e67e3$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 5 Nov 2006 14:38:27 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1162766307 132.183.175.193 (5 Nov 2006 14:38:27 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 5 Nov 2006 14:38:27 -0700, nssras03.neurosurgery.mgh.harvard.edu
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.mbusinessanywhere.general:975
Article PK: 17845

>>>SNIP>>>
- informative email newsletter iAnyWhere/M-Business/Sybase news -

***Sybase iAnywhere Furthers Mobile Web Application Development with New
Version of M-Business Anywhere Sybase iAnywhere announced the availability
of the latest release of its award-winning M-Business Anywhere(TM).
http://www.ianywhere.com/press_releases/mbusiness602.html.
>>>SNIP>>>

- after seeing it described in an email (above) I had to call tech support
to get the link to download the windows version
at http://www.ianywhere.com/downloads/software/mbus_windows0831.html
-

- for some reason, they don't seem to announce / notify licensed user for
m-biz about patches, releaseses etc !!! - - I'm told it is a decision by the
m-biz product management team - ??? -

- I get notes about Pylon etc releases via 'My Sybase Daily Notification' -
'MySybase' doesn't have much if any info on m-biz -

- I've complained multiple times to Sybase -

"Marcin Zastawny" <marcinz@infocon.pl> wrote in message
news:454ddcc6@forums-1-dub...
> Owen,
>
> sorry for the off-the-topic question, but where did you get the 6.2
> version from ? where is a repository of new server/client versions?
> I use mbusiness 6.0 (client and server on linux) and I have the maintnance
> agreement purchased, but dont know where i can get new versions of teh
> software.
>
> thanks,
> Marcin
>
>
> U¿ytkownik "Owen32" <owen@helix.mgh.harvard.edu> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
> news:4548a9de$1@forums-1-dub...
>> Hello - has anyone gotten version 6.2.254 (web pro edition) to run on
>> Win2k3SP1+ server systems with SSL (secure connections) enabled for
>> wireless clients? - the system runs but secure connections are not
>> possible (server doesn't respond) plus there are still issues with
>> channels that need logon credentials passsed to the channel on a
>> protecetd site with username/password/domain authentication failures -
>> same as in v6.0.3066 after the upgrade from 6.0 b390 -
>>
>> - either as a fresh install of M-biz on a fresh builds of Win2K3SP1 OR as
>> an upgrade from either v6.0.3066 OR as an upgrade from the previous 6.0
>> b390 version, I can not get secure connections to run once the new
>> version or upgrade has run -
>>
>> - I've followed the manual, and have a case submitted (Ali C.) but....I'm
>> about to dump it all and go back two versions to 6.0 b390 where it all
>> seemed to work -
>>
>> chris o.
>>
>
>


"Tyler Durden" Posted on 2006-11-05 16:30:19.0Z
From: "Tyler Durden" <tyler[AT]wandacomputer[dot]com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.mbusinessanywhere.general
References: <4548a9de$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: M-biz 6.2 secure connections on Win2k3?
Lines: 26
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2869
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2962
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: vpn-dub-049.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vpn-dub-049.sybase.com
Message-ID: <454e1fab$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 5 Nov 2006 09:30:19 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1162747819 10.22.120.49 (5 Nov 2006 09:30:19 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 5 Nov 2006 09:30:19 -0700, vpn-dub-049.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: techsupp
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.mbusinessanywhere.general:973
Article PK: 17844

Are there any SSL errors in the sync error log?

"Owen32" <owen@helix.mgh.harvard.edu> wrote in message
news:4548a9de$1@forums-1-dub...
> Hello - has anyone gotten version 6.2.254 (web pro edition) to run on
> Win2k3SP1+ server systems with SSL (secure connections) enabled for
> wireless clients? - the system runs but secure connections are not
> possible (server doesn't respond) plus there are still issues with
> channels that need logon credentials passsed to the channel on a protecetd
> site with username/password/domain authentication failures - same as in
> v6.0.3066 after the upgrade from 6.0 b390 -
>
> - either as a fresh install of M-biz on a fresh builds of Win2K3SP1 OR as
> an upgrade from either v6.0.3066 OR as an upgrade from the previous 6.0
> b390 version, I can not get secure connections to run once the new version
> or upgrade has run -
>
> - I've followed the manual, and have a case submitted (Ali C.) but....I'm
> about to dump it all and go back two versions to 6.0 b390 where it all
> seemed to work -
>
> chris o.
>


Owen32 Posted on 2006-11-05 21:17:16.0Z
From: "Owen32" <owen@helix.mgh.harvard.edu>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.mbusinessanywhere.general
References: <4548a9de$1@forums-1-dub> <454e1fab$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: M-biz 6.2 secure connections on Win2k3?
Lines: 39
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2869
X-MIMEOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2962
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: nssras03.neurosurgery.mgh.harvard.edu
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: nssras03.neurosurgery.mgh.harvard.edu
Message-ID: <454e62ec$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 5 Nov 2006 14:17:16 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1162765036 132.183.175.193 (5 Nov 2006 14:17:16 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 5 Nov 2006 14:17:16 -0700, nssras03.neurosurgery.mgh.harvard.edu
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.mbusinessanywhere.general:974
Article PK: 9170

- no, nothing unusual in any of the logs - ???? -

- oh, on Friday, tech support at Sybase was finally able to duplicate the
problem with 'secure connections' on v 6.2 on their end when they setup a
2k3 system - they passed it off to the developer team for further
evaluation -

"Tyler Durden" <tyler[AT]wandacomputer[dot]com> wrote in message
news:454e1fab$1@forums-1-dub...
>
> Are there any SSL errors in the sync error log?
>
> "Owen32" <owen@helix.mgh.harvard.edu> wrote in message
> news:4548a9de$1@forums-1-dub...
>> Hello - has anyone gotten version 6.2.254 (web pro edition) to run on
>> Win2k3SP1+ server systems with SSL (secure connections) enabled for
>> wireless clients? - the system runs but secure connections are not
>> possible (server doesn't respond) plus there are still issues with
>> channels that need logon credentials passsed to the channel on a
>> protecetd site with username/password/domain authentication failures -
>> same as in v6.0.3066 after the upgrade from 6.0 b390 -
>>
>> - either as a fresh install of M-biz on a fresh builds of Win2K3SP1 OR as
>> an upgrade from either v6.0.3066 OR as an upgrade from the previous 6.0
>> b390 version, I can not get secure connections to run once the new
>> version or upgrade has run -
>>
>> - I've followed the manual, and have a case submitted (Ali C.) but....I'm
>> about to dump it all and go back two versions to 6.0 b390 where it all
>> seemed to work -
>>
>> chris o.
>>
>
>