Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

ÇóÖú:ASA×ödbremoteʱLine is too long, buffer overflow

4 posts in iAnywhere General Discussion (Chinese) Last posting was on 2006-12-05 15:10:06.0Z
Dafei Posted on 2006-12-02 04:13:46.0Z
From: "Dafei" <dafei.d@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.chinese.general
Subject: ÇóÖú:ASA×ödbremoteʱLine is too long, buffer overflow
Lines: 11
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2869
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2962
NNTP-Posting-Host: 58.60.242.139
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 58.60.242.139
Message-ID: <45710b8a@forums-1-dub>
Date: 1 Dec 2006 21:13:46 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1165036426 58.60.242.139 (1 Dec 2006 21:13:46 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 1 Dec 2006 21:13:46 -0700, 58.60.242.139
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.chinese.general:810
Article PK: 3154

ʹÓÃsmtp×ödbremoteʱ¶Ô»°¿ò³öÏÖ
I. 12/02 13:03:47. Line is too long, buffer overflow
I. 12/02 13:03:47. Line is too long, buffer overflow
I. 12/02 13:03:48. Line is too long, buffer overflow
I. 12/02 13:03:51. Line is too long, buffer overflow
I. 12/02 13:03:52. Line is too long, buffer overflow
I. 12/02 13:03:53. Execution completed

×ÊÁÏδÄÜ´«Ë͵½Ö¸¶¨ÓÊÏä,Çë½Ì¸ßÈËÔõô½â¾ö.


Rob Waywell Posted on 2006-12-04 13:01:37.0Z
From: "Rob Waywell" <rwaywell_no_spam_please@ianywhere.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.chinese.general
References: <45710b8a@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: ÇóÖú:ASA×ödbremoteʱLine is too long, buffer overflow
Lines: 40
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2869
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2962
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: rwaywell-xp2.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: rwaywell-xp2.sybase.com
Message-ID: <45742a41$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 4 Dec 2006 06:01:37 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1165240897 10.25.98.235 (4 Dec 2006 06:01:37 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 4 Dec 2006 06:01:37 -0700, rwaywell-xp2.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: techsupp
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.chinese.general:811
Article PK: 3961

What version & build number?
Is the error generated during sending or receiving?
If receiving and the message causing the error has not been deleted, then
try running "dbremote -r -a ..." and see if the error reproduces. If it
does, then we will know that the issue is with dbremote reading and handling
the message and does not have anything to do with applying the message to
the receiving database.

--
-----------------------------------------------
Robert Waywell
Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Developer - Version 8
Sybase Certified Professional

Sybase's iAnywhere Solutions

Please respond ONLY to newsgroup

EBF's and Patches: http://downloads.sybase.com
choose SQL Anywhere Studio >> change 'time frame' to all

To Submit Bug Reports:
http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/cx.stm?starturl=casemessage.ssc?CASETYPE=Bug

SQL Anywhere Studio Supported Platforms and Support Status
http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1002288

"Dafei" <dafei.d@gmail.com> wrote in message news:45710b8a@forums-1-dub...
> ʹÓÃsmtp×ödbremoteʱ¶Ô»°¿ò³öÏÖ
> I. 12/02 13:03:47. Line is too long, buffer overflow
> I. 12/02 13:03:47. Line is too long, buffer overflow
> I. 12/02 13:03:48. Line is too long, buffer overflow
> I. 12/02 13:03:51. Line is too long, buffer overflow
> I. 12/02 13:03:52. Line is too long, buffer overflow
> I. 12/02 13:03:53. Execution completed
>
> ×ÊÁÏδÄÜ´«Ë͵½Ö¸¶¨ÓÊÏä,Çë½Ì¸ßÈËÔõô½â¾ö.
>


Dafei Posted on 2006-12-04 15:29:54.0Z
From: "Dafei" <dafei.d@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.chinese.general
References: <45710b8a@forums-1-dub> <45742a41$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: ÇóÖú:ASA×ödbremoteʱLine is too long, buffer overflow
Lines: 49
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2869
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2962
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: 61.141.168.255
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 61.141.168.255
Message-ID: <45744d02@forums-1-dub>
Date: 4 Dec 2006 08:29:54 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1165249794 61.141.168.255 (4 Dec 2006 08:29:54 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 4 Dec 2006 08:29:54 -0700, 61.141.168.255
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.chinese.general:812
Article PK: 3153

hi Rob,thx for your help.it's asa6.04 i am using.i alway use dbremote.exe to
send and receive at same time.no message has sent,so no deleted.just warm
"Line is too long,buffer overflow".that's good work in my sendmail
server,but @qq.com @sina.com @163.com......
by the way,how to change the pop3 and smtp's port for dbremote,regards.

"Rob Waywell" <rwaywell_no_spam_please@ianywhere.com> дÈëÏûÏ¢ÐÂÎÅ:45742a41$1@forums-1-dub...

> What version & build number?
> Is the error generated during sending or receiving?
> If receiving and the message causing the error has not been deleted, then
> try running "dbremote -r -a ..." and see if the error reproduces. If it
> does, then we will know that the issue is with dbremote reading and
> handling the message and does not have anything to do with applying the
> message to the receiving database.
>
> --
> -----------------------------------------------
> Robert Waywell
> Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Developer - Version 8
> Sybase Certified Professional
>
> Sybase's iAnywhere Solutions
>
> Please respond ONLY to newsgroup
>
> EBF's and Patches: http://downloads.sybase.com
> choose SQL Anywhere Studio >> change 'time frame' to all
>
> To Submit Bug Reports:
> http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/cx.stm?starturl=casemessage.ssc?CASETYPE=Bug
>
> SQL Anywhere Studio Supported Platforms and Support Status
> http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1002288
>
> "Dafei" <dafei.d@gmail.com> wrote in message news:45710b8a@forums-1-dub...
>> ʹÓÃsmtp×ödbremoteʱ¶Ô»°¿ò³öÏÖ
>> I. 12/02 13:03:47. Line is too long, buffer overflow
>> I. 12/02 13:03:47. Line is too long, buffer overflow
>> I. 12/02 13:03:48. Line is too long, buffer overflow
>> I. 12/02 13:03:51. Line is too long, buffer overflow
>> I. 12/02 13:03:52. Line is too long, buffer overflow
>> I. 12/02 13:03:53. Execution completed
>>
>> ×ÊÁÏδÄÜ´«Ë͵½Ö¸¶¨ÓÊÏä,Çë½Ì¸ßÈËÔõô½â¾ö.
>>
>
>


Rob Waywell Posted on 2006-12-05 15:10:06.0Z
From: "Rob Waywell" <rwaywell_no_spam_please@ianywhere.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.chinese.general
References: <45710b8a@forums-1-dub> <45742a41$1@forums-1-dub> <45744d02@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: ÇóÖú:ASA×ödbremoteʱLine is too long, buffer overflow
Lines: 93
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2869
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2962
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: rwaywell-xp2.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: rwaywell-xp2.sybase.com
Message-ID: <457599de$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 5 Dec 2006 08:10:06 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1165335006 10.25.98.235 (5 Dec 2006 08:10:06 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 5 Dec 2006 08:10:06 -0700, rwaywell-xp2.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: techsupp
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.chinese.general:813
Article PK: 3962

I checked the case files and there are some other reports of this issue back
in version 5.5.x and one report with version 6.0.3. There are no issues
showing that reported this error in version 7.x or newer. So there is a
reasonable chance to upgrading to a newer version might resolve the issue
for you. However, I should also note that most of the cases from the
5.5.x/6.x time appear to have concluded that the issue was a corrupt
message.

With regards to specifying ports, I don't have a copy of version 6.x
installed right now but I did check the 9.x documentation and we do not
appear to support specifying port numbers for the SMTP or POP3 servers.

SQL Remote User's Guide

SQL Remote Administration

Using message types

The SMTP message system

--
-----------------------------------------------
Robert Waywell
Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Developer - Version 8
Sybase Certified Professional

Sybase's iAnywhere Solutions

Please respond ONLY to newsgroup

EBF's and Patches: http://downloads.sybase.com
choose SQL Anywhere Studio >> change 'time frame' to all

To Submit Bug Reports:
http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/cx.stm?starturl=casemessage.ssc?CASETYPE=Bug

SQL Anywhere Studio Supported Platforms and Support Status
http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1002288

"Dafei" <dafei.d@gmail.com> wrote in message news:45744d02@forums-1-dub...
> hi Rob,thx for your help.it's asa6.04 i am using.i alway use dbremote.exe
> to send and receive at same time.no message has sent,so no deleted.just
> warm "Line is too long,buffer overflow".that's good work in my sendmail
> server,but @qq.com @sina.com @163.com......
> by the way,how to change the pop3 and smtp's port for dbremote,regards.
>
> "Rob Waywell" <rwaywell_no_spam_please@ianywhere.com>
> дÈëÏûÏ¢ÐÂÎÅ:45742a41$1@forums-1-dub...
>> What version & build number?
>> Is the error generated during sending or receiving?
>> If receiving and the message causing the error has not been deleted, then
>> try running "dbremote -r -a ..." and see if the error reproduces. If it
>> does, then we will know that the issue is with dbremote reading and
>> handling the message and does not have anything to do with applying the
>> message to the receiving database.
>>
>> --
>> -----------------------------------------------
>> Robert Waywell
>> Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Developer - Version 8
>> Sybase Certified Professional
>>
>> Sybase's iAnywhere Solutions
>>
>> Please respond ONLY to newsgroup
>>
>> EBF's and Patches: http://downloads.sybase.com
>> choose SQL Anywhere Studio >> change 'time frame' to all
>>
>> To Submit Bug Reports:
>> http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/cx.stm?starturl=casemessage.ssc?CASETYPE=Bug
>>
>> SQL Anywhere Studio Supported Platforms and Support Status
>> http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1002288
>>
>> "Dafei" <dafei.d@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:45710b8a@forums-1-dub...
>>> ʹÓÃsmtp×ödbremoteʱ¶Ô»°¿ò³öÏÖ
>>> I. 12/02 13:03:47. Line is too long, buffer overflow
>>> I. 12/02 13:03:47. Line is too long, buffer overflow
>>> I. 12/02 13:03:48. Line is too long, buffer overflow
>>> I. 12/02 13:03:51. Line is too long, buffer overflow
>>> I. 12/02 13:03:52. Line is too long, buffer overflow
>>> I. 12/02 13:03:53. Execution completed
>>>
>>> ×ÊÁÏδÄÜ´«Ë͵½Ö¸¶¨ÓÊÏä,Çë½Ì¸ßÈËÔõô½â¾ö.
>>>
>>
>>
>
>