Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Onebridge 5.5 - How to sync custom Lotus Notes Databases ?

4 posts in Trial Discussion Last posting was on 2007-03-23 21:42:31.0Z
David Noble Posted on 2007-03-14 17:59:04.0Z
Sender: 2f8c.45f8345a.1804289383@sybase.com
From: David Noble
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.secureemail.trial
Subject: Onebridge 5.5 - How to sync custom Lotus Notes Databases ?
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <45f837e8.3035.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 14 Mar 2007 09:59:04 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1173895144 10.22.241.41 (14 Mar 2007 09:59:04 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 14 Mar 2007 09:59:04 -0800, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 9
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.secureemail.trial:65
Article PK: 10945

It is my understanding that OneBridge 5.5 allows for
synchronizing custom Lotus Notes databases to PDA devices.
Is there a manual that provides step-by-step instructions
for configuring this synchronization, or can someone post
the instructions in this forum ?

I don't need workflow (viewing, submitting, editing, etc.)
capabilities, I just need the ability to view documents in a
defined view.


Mark Wright Posted on 2007-03-15 15:04:47.0Z
Subject: Re: Onebridge 5.5 - How to sync custom Lotus Notes Databases ?
From: "Mark Wright" <mark.wright@ianywhere.com>
Organization: iAnywhere
Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; delsp=yes; charset=iso-8859-15
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.secureemail.trial
References: <45f837e8.3035.1681692777@sybase.com>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Message-ID: <op.to8j57hzeyp8lj@markdwxp.extendedsystems.com>
User-Agent: Opera Mail/9.10 (Win32)
NNTP-Posting-Host: surfwc054.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: surfwc054.sybase.com
Date: 15 Mar 2007 07:04:47 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1173971087 192.138.150.54 (15 Mar 2007 07:04:47 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 15 Mar 2007 07:04:47 -0800, surfwc054.sybase.com
Lines: 50
X-Authenticated-User: amdin
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.secureemail.trial:67
Article PK: 10946

David,

Thanks for the question. Yes OneBridge does have the ability to
synchronize Notes Databases including views to the mobile device. Without
any development efforts we can synchronize your Notes Views to the device
PIM stores (Contacts, Calendar, Inbox, Memo) as we have what is known as
Database to Groupware Synchronization.

Before I post the instructions on how to set up the synchronization, I
want to make it clear that if you do not want to synchronize to the PIM
stores then you will need to have a database and a way to view that
database on the device. For instance you could use a RAD tool such as
Sattellite Forms that will quickly provide you a database and a User
Interface to view client side data. You can also use SQL CE and Microsoft
Visual Studio to create a database and an inteface, or iAnywheres
Ultralite database. There are other tools, such as CodeWarrior for Palm,
DB2E and more.

Once you have determined your client side database (and we will be happy
to point you in the right direction) we are able to synchronize your Notes
Views to that client side database, OneBridge will even build that
database on the device based on the server side data that is selected for
synchronization.

This is a very simple thing to do and we will be glad to help you if this
is the direction in which you would like to proceed.

Please let us know and we will get you the necessary information to get
you started.

Thanks

Mark

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 11:59:04 -0600, David <Noble> wrote:

> It is my understanding that OneBridge 5.5 allows for
> synchronizing custom Lotus Notes databases to PDA devices.
> Is there a manual that provides step-by-step instructions
> for configuring this synchronization, or can someone post
> the instructions in this forum ?
>
> I don't need workflow (viewing, submitting, editing, etc.)
> capabilities, I just need the ability to view documents in a
> defined view.

--
Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/


David Noble Posted on 2007-03-15 16:59:12.0Z
Sender: 30c3.45f83b18.1804289383@sybase.com
From: David Noble
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.secureemail.trial
Subject: Re: Onebridge 5.5 - How to sync custom Lotus Notes Databases ?
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <45f97b60.53b4.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <op.to8j57hzeyp8lj@markdwxp.extendedsystems.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 15 Mar 2007 08:59:12 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1173977952 10.22.241.41 (15 Mar 2007 08:59:12 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 15 Mar 2007 08:59:12 -0800, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 78
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.secureemail.trial:69
Article PK: 19074

At this time, my users (Palm and Windows Movile) want one
custom Notes application sent to their mobile devices: Our
Corporate Staff Directory. This directory is a custom app,
and not related to the Lotus Notes Global Address Book.
It's a read-only application with no work-flow.

Unfortunately, we don't want the corporate directory to
replace their Personal Address Book in the PIM store, so it
sounds like I need to have a custom DB and a way to view it.

My Blackberry users are desiring the same corporate
directory, and I am starting to work on a WSDL to provide
the data for the Blackberry.

I see that OneBridge has a tool for Mobile Objects Client
Interface. Since I hope to use a WSDL for the Blackberry,
is the WSDL also the best answer for providing the Corporate
Directory to OneBridge users ?

David Noble

- - - - - - - - -

> David,
>
> Thanks for the question. Yes OneBridge does have the
> ability to synchronize Notes Databases including views
> to the mobile device. Without any development efforts
> we can synchronize your Notes Views to the device PIM
> stores (Contacts, Calendar, Inbox, Memo) as we have what
> is known as Database to Groupware Synchronization.
>
> Before I post the instructions on how to set up the
> synchronization, I want to make it clear that if you do
> not want to synchronize to the PIM stores then you will
> need to have a database and a way to view that database
> on the device. For instance you could use a RAD tool such
> as Sattellite Forms that will quickly provide you a
> database and a User Interface to view client side data.
> You can also use SQL CE and Microsoft Visual Studio to
> create a database and an inteface, or iAnywheres
> Ultralite database. There are other tools, such as
> CodeWarrior for Palm, DB2E and more.
>
> Once you have determined your client side database (and we
> will be happy to point you in the right direction) we
> are able to synchronize your Notes Views to that client
> side database, OneBridge will even build that database
> on the device based on the server side data that is
> selected for synchronization.
>
> This is a very simple thing to do and we will be glad to
> help you if this is the direction in which you would
> like to proceed.
>
> Please let us know and we will get you the necessary
> information to get you started.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark
>
> On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 11:59:04 -0600, David <Noble> wrote:
>
> > It is my understanding that OneBridge 5.5 allows for
> > synchronizing custom Lotus Notes databases to PDA
> > devices. Is there a manual that provides step-by-step
> > instructions for configuring this synchronization, or
> > can someone post the instructions in this forum ?
> >
> > I don't need workflow (viewing, submitting, editing,
> > etc.) capabilities, I just need the ability to view
> > documents in a defined view.
>
>
>
> --
> Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
> http://www.opera.com/mail/


Mark Wright Posted on 2007-03-23 21:42:31.0Z
From: Mark Wright <mark.wright@ianywhere.com>
User-Agent: Thunderbird 1.5.0.10 (Windows/20070221)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.secureemail.trial
Subject: Re: Onebridge 5.5 - How to sync custom Lotus Notes Databases ?
References: <op.to8j57hzeyp8lj@markdwxp.extendedsystems.com> <45f97b60.53b4.1681692777@sybase.com>
In-Reply-To: <45f97b60.53b4.1681692777@sybase.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.24.34.107
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.24.34.107
Message-ID: <460449c7$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 23 Mar 2007 13:42:31 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1174686151 10.24.34.107 (23 Mar 2007 13:42:31 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 23 Mar 2007 13:42:31 -0800, 10.24.34.107
Lines: 110
X-Authenticated-User: amdin
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.secureemail.trial:74
Article PK: 19069


David Noble wrote:
> At this time, my users (Palm and Windows Movile) want one
> custom Notes application sent to their mobile devices: Our
> Corporate Staff Directory. This directory is a custom app,
> and not related to the Lotus Notes Global Address Book.
> It's a read-only application with no work-flow.
>
> Unfortunately, we don't want the corporate directory to
> replace their Personal Address Book in the PIM store, so it
> sounds like I need to have a custom DB and a way to view it.

OneBridge supports whats known as Database to Groupware. What this
enables you to do is from the Notes Contact Database you can synchronize
these contacts to the native device PIM stores, in this case the
Contacts PIM Store. We fully support being able to categorize the
contacts, so for your Notes Database contacts you can put a category on
them say "Notes Contacts". When they appear on the mobile device you
can view the contacts by "Notes Contacts" so that the Personal Contacts
do not appear in the same list.

If this is not desirable we support the synchronization of of a Notes
Database to multiple device databases, such as Sat Forms, Palm PDB,
UltraLite, SQL CE and others. The contacts will then be inserted into a
database and an application can be used to view the contacts that are
stored in the database. The advantage with this is being able to
customize the way the contacts are displayed and what information you
want to provide to be viewed.
>
> My Blackberry users are desiring the same corporate
> directory, and I am starting to work on a WSDL to provide
> the data for the Blackberry.
>
> I see that OneBridge has a tool for Mobile Objects Client
> Interface. Since I hope to use a WSDL for the Blackberry,
> is the WSDL also the best answer for providing the Corporate
> Directory to OneBridge users ?

For Blackberry devices we do support application enablement using Mobile
Objects. Mobile Objects is able to use a WSDL file created from a Web
Service and generate the needed java code to implement the web service
in your blackberry application. Doing this you can create your own
contact management solution on your Blackberry device and can connect to
the web service to retrieve the necessary contacts. The contacts can
then either be stored on the device in a database or can be view only
and must be retrieved each time you want to look up the contact
information. This provides for offline and online enablement.


Thanks

Mark
>
> David Noble
>
> - - - - - - - - -
>> David,
>>
>> Thanks for the question. Yes OneBridge does have the
>> ability to synchronize Notes Databases including views
>> to the mobile device. Without any development efforts
>> we can synchronize your Notes Views to the device PIM
>> stores (Contacts, Calendar, Inbox, Memo) as we have what
>> is known as Database to Groupware Synchronization.
>>
>> Before I post the instructions on how to set up the
>> synchronization, I want to make it clear that if you do
>> not want to synchronize to the PIM stores then you will
>> need to have a database and a way to view that database
>> on the device. For instance you could use a RAD tool such
>> as Sattellite Forms that will quickly provide you a
>> database and a User Interface to view client side data.
>> You can also use SQL CE and Microsoft Visual Studio to
>> create a database and an inteface, or iAnywheres
>> Ultralite database. There are other tools, such as
>> CodeWarrior for Palm, DB2E and more.
>>
>> Once you have determined your client side database (and we
>> will be happy to point you in the right direction) we
>> are able to synchronize your Notes Views to that client
>> side database, OneBridge will even build that database
>> on the device based on the server side data that is
>> selected for synchronization.
>>
>> This is a very simple thing to do and we will be glad to
>> help you if this is the direction in which you would
>> like to proceed.
>>
>> Please let us know and we will get you the necessary
>> information to get you started.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Mark
>>
>> On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 11:59:04 -0600, David <Noble> wrote:
>>
>>> It is my understanding that OneBridge 5.5 allows for
>>> synchronizing custom Lotus Notes databases to PDA
>>> devices. Is there a manual that provides step-by-step
>>> instructions for configuring this synchronization, or
>>> can someone post the instructions in this forum ?
>>>
>>> I don't need workflow (viewing, submitting, editing,
>>> etc.) capabilities, I just need the ability to view
>>> documents in a defined view.
>>
>>
>> --
>> Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
>> http://www.opera.com/mail/