Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Error Message: No Contracts To Synchronize

4 posts in Trial Discussion Last posting was on 2007-03-30 19:23:14.0Z
David Noble Posted on 2007-03-29 17:03:08.0Z
Sender: 2d3e.460bef25.1804289383@sybase.com
From: David Noble
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.secureemail.trial
Subject: Error Message: No Contracts To Synchronize
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <460bf14b.2d7e.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 29 Mar 2007 09:03:08 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1175187788 10.22.241.41 (29 Mar 2007 09:03:08 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 29 Mar 2007 09:03:08 -0800, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 18
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.secureemail.trial:80
Article PK: 19076

One of my users is trying to connect to OneBridge for the
first time, and is not able to Connect successfully. The
error message in the log reads:

No Stores are available to Synchronize. Check if at least
one store is enabled in the current policy and try the
connection again. If the problem persists, contact your
server administrator with the following information. No
contracts to syncrhonize. Error(

After that, the log file is truncated in the log view.

I cannot see that this user is configured differently from
other users. He consumed a license OK. He is using a Windows
Mobile Pocket PC like other users. His E-Mail security is
configured correcly.

Ideas ?


David Noble Posted on 2007-03-30 13:14:28.0Z
Sender: 2efd.460c00b1.1804289383@sybase.com
From: David Noble
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.secureemail.trial
Subject: A Little more detail ...
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <460d0d34.4c13.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <460bf14b.2d7e.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 30 Mar 2007 05:14:28 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1175260468 10.22.241.41 (30 Mar 2007 05:14:28 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 30 Mar 2007 05:14:28 -0800, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 23
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.secureemail.trial:82
Article PK: 19077

I am still experiencing the issue. A second look at the log
informs me the Error Code is: -512

*********************

> One of my users is trying to connect to OneBridge for the
> first time, and is not able to Connect successfully. The
> error message in the log reads:
>
> No Stores are available to Synchronize. Check if at least
> one store is enabled in the current policy and try the
> connection again. If the problem persists, contact your
> server administrator with the following information. No
> contracts to syncrhonize. Error(
>
> After that, the log file is truncated in the log view.
>
> I cannot see that this user is configured differently from
> other users. He consumed a license OK. He is using a
> Windows Mobile Pocket PC like other users. His E-Mail
> security is configured correcly.
>
> Ideas ?


Mark Wright Posted on 2007-03-30 14:02:52.0Z
From: Mark Wright <mark.wright@ianywhere.com>
User-Agent: Thunderbird 1.5.0.10 (Windows/20070221)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.secureemail.trial
Subject: Re: A Little more detail ...
References: <460bf14b.2d7e.1681692777@sybase.com> <460d0d34.4c13.1681692777@sybase.com>
In-Reply-To: <460d0d34.4c13.1681692777@sybase.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: surfwc054.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: surfwc054.sybase.com
Message-ID: <460d188c$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 30 Mar 2007 06:02:52 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1175263372 192.138.150.54 (30 Mar 2007 06:02:52 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 30 Mar 2007 06:02:52 -0800, surfwc054.sybase.com
Lines: 34
X-Authenticated-User: amdin
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.secureemail.trial:83
Article PK: 10954


David Noble wrote:
> I am still experiencing the issue. A second look at the log
> informs me the Error Code is: -512
>
> *********************
>
>> One of my users is trying to connect to OneBridge for the
>> first time, and is not able to Connect successfully. The
>> error message in the log reads:
>>
>> No Stores are available to Synchronize. Check if at least
>> one store is enabled in the current policy and try the
>> connection again. If the problem persists, contact your
>> server administrator with the following information. No
>> contracts to syncrhonize. Error(
>>
>> After that, the log file is truncated in the log view.
>>
>> I cannot see that this user is configured differently from
>> other users. He consumed a license OK. He is using a
>> Windows Mobile Pocket PC like other users. His E-Mail
>> security is configured correcly.
>>
>> Ideas ?

David,

At times if you have multiple different instances of a users shortname
or users with similar short names, this may occur. Please try
authenticating the user using his full name. For instance use David
Noble/Company.

Thanks

Mark


David Noble Posted on 2007-03-30 19:23:14.0Z
Sender: 4f98.460d3602.1804289383@sybase.com
From: David Noble
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.secureemail.trial
Subject: Solved
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <460d63a2.53a4.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <460d188c$1@forums-1-dub>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 30 Mar 2007 11:23:14 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1175282594 10.22.241.41 (30 Mar 2007 11:23:14 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 30 Mar 2007 11:23:14 -0800, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 45
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.secureemail.trial:84
Article PK: 19078

Per Mark's suggestion (see bottom of this page), having the
user enter his Full Hierarchical Name (First
Last/OU/Company), as opposed to Shortname, appears to have
solved the problem.

Thanks !!

DN

**************************

> David Noble wrote:
> > I am still experiencing the issue. A second look at the
> > log informs me the Error Code is: -512
> >
> > *********************
> >
> >> One of my users is trying to connect to OneBridge for
> the >> first time, and is not able to Connect
> successfully. The >> error message in the log reads:
> >>
> >> No Stores are available to Synchronize. Check if at
> least >> one store is enabled in the current policy and
> try the >> connection again. If the problem persists,
> contact your >> server administrator with the following
> information. No >> contracts to syncrhonize. Error(
> >>
> >> After that, the log file is truncated in the log view.
> >>
> >> I cannot see that this user is configured differently
> from >> other users. He consumed a license OK. He is using
> a >> Windows Mobile Pocket PC like other users. His E-Mail
> >> security is configured correcly.
> >>
> >> Ideas ?
> David,
>
> At times if you have multiple different instances of a
> users shortname or users with similar short names, this
> may occur. Please try authenticating the user using his
> full name. For instance use David Noble/Company.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark