Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

WS1.7: Import of datawindow.srd doesn't work

4 posts in General Discussion Last posting was on 2007-05-07 17:26:41.0Z
vsv Posted on 2007-05-04 02:33:04.0Z
From: "vsv" <nospam@nospam.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.workspace.general
Subject: WS1.7: Import of datawindow.srd doesn't work
Lines: 6
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3028
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3028
NNTP-Posting-Host: c-67-165-120-121.hsd1.wa.comcast.net
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: c-67-165-120-121.hsd1.wa.comcast.net
Message-ID: <463a9b60$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 3 May 2007 19:33:04 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1178245984 67.165.120.121 (3 May 2007 19:33:04 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 3 May 2007 19:33:04 -0700, c-67-165-120-121.hsd1.wa.comcast.net
X-Authenticated-User: dwnet25beta
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.workspace.general:387
Article PK: 1088057

I changed the grid datawindow to processing=0 in the exported file & I
imported the datawindow & it doesn't convert it to tabular dw.
thanks
vsv


<Evan [Sybase]> Posted on 2007-05-04 20:37:02.0Z
From: <Evan [Sybase]>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.workspace.general
References: <463a9b60$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: WS1.7: Import of datawindow.srd doesn't work
Lines: 22
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3028
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3028
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: vpn-concord-041.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vpn-concord-041.sybase.com
Message-ID: <463b996e@forums-1-dub>
Date: 4 May 2007 13:37:02 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1178311022 158.159.8.41 (4 May 2007 13:37:02 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 4 May 2007 13:37:02 -0700, vpn-concord-041.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: pb110beta
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.workspace.general:393
Article PK: 1088088

I was able to make the change you describe, and it worked. Here's what I
tried:
a. Right click on a DW object (d_dept) and choose Export.
b. Saved d_dept.srd to c:\temp
c. Edit d_dept.srd and change to processing=0, save
d. Right click on the d_dept object in Wksp and choose Import (it is odd to
choose Import on a DW object rather than the pbl; something to fix)
e. Open d_dept and it's tabular.

Let me know what you tried that's different.

Evan

"vsv" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:463a9b60$1@forums-1-dub...
>I changed the grid datawindow to processing=0 in the exported file & I
>imported the datawindow & it doesn't convert it to tabular dw.
> thanks
> vsv
>
>


<Evan [Sybase]> Posted on 2007-05-05 03:22:36.0Z
From: <Evan [Sybase]>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.workspace.general
References: <463a9b60$1@forums-1-dub> <463b996e@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: WS1.7: Import of datawindow.srd doesn't work
Lines: 30
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3028
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3028
NNTP-Posting-Host: vpn-concord-041.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vpn-concord-041.sybase.com
Message-ID: <463bf87c$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 4 May 2007 20:22:36 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1178335356 158.159.8.41 (4 May 2007 20:22:36 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 4 May 2007 20:22:36 -0700, vpn-concord-041.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: pb110beta
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.workspace.general:396
Article PK: 1088087

Ignore my comment about choosing Import on the DW object vs. pbl; I tried
again, and the Import wizard on the pbl also seemed to do the trick.

Evan

<Evan [Sybase]> wrote in message news:463b996e@forums-1-dub...
>I was able to make the change you describe, and it worked. Here's what I
>tried:
> a. Right click on a DW object (d_dept) and choose Export.
> b. Saved d_dept.srd to c:\temp
> c. Edit d_dept.srd and change to processing=0, save
> d. Right click on the d_dept object in Wksp and choose Import (it is odd
> to choose Import on a DW object rather than the pbl; something to fix)
> e. Open d_dept and it's tabular.
>
> Let me know what you tried that's different.
>
> Evan
>
> "vsv" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:463a9b60$1@forums-1-dub...
>>I changed the grid datawindow to processing=0 in the exported file & I
>>imported the datawindow & it doesn't convert it to tabular dw.
>> thanks
>> vsv
>>
>>
>
>


vsv Posted on 2007-05-07 17:26:41.0Z
From: "vsv" <nospam@nospam.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.workspace.general
References: <463a9b60$1@forums-1-dub> <463b996e@forums-1-dub> <463bf87c$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: WS1.7: Import of datawindow.srd doesn't work
Lines: 41
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3028
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3028
NNTP-Posting-Host: c-67-165-120-121.hsd1.wa.comcast.net
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: c-67-165-120-121.hsd1.wa.comcast.net
Message-ID: <463f6151$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 7 May 2007 10:26:41 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1178558801 67.165.120.121 (7 May 2007 10:26:41 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 7 May 2007 10:26:41 -0700, c-67-165-120-121.hsd1.wa.comcast.net
X-Authenticated-User: dwnet25beta
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.workspace.general:401
Article PK: 1088092

Yes I figured it out. I also did the same mistake.
I imported against the folder & it stored it as a file.
Then when I did against the pbl, it still didn't get to change the dw style.
I will try again.
thanks
vsv

<Evan [Sybase]> wrote in message news:463bf87c$1@forums-1-dub...
> Ignore my comment about choosing Import on the DW object vs. pbl; I tried
> again, and the Import wizard on the pbl also seemed to do the trick.
>
> Evan
>
> <Evan [Sybase]> wrote in message news:463b996e@forums-1-dub...
>>I was able to make the change you describe, and it worked. Here's what I
>>tried:
>> a. Right click on a DW object (d_dept) and choose Export.
>> b. Saved d_dept.srd to c:\temp
>> c. Edit d_dept.srd and change to processing=0, save
>> d. Right click on the d_dept object in Wksp and choose Import (it is odd
>> to choose Import on a DW object rather than the pbl; something to fix)
>> e. Open d_dept and it's tabular.
>>
>> Let me know what you tried that's different.
>>
>> Evan
>>
>> "vsv" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> news:463a9b60$1@forums-1-dub...
>>>I changed the grid datawindow to processing=0 in the exported file & I
>>>imported the datawindow & it doesn't convert it to tabular dw.
>>> thanks
>>> vsv
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>