Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Is it possible to use Replication with DBF/NTX

4 posts in Clipper Last posting was on 2007-09-24 12:09:43.0Z
Anand Gupta Posted on 2007-08-22 06:45:01.0Z
From: "Anand Gupta" <ag_remove_meATCoralIndia.com>
Newsgroups: advantage.clipper
Subject: Is it possible to use Replication with DBF/NTX
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 12:15:01 +0530
Lines: 12
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2869
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2869
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
NNTP-Posting-Host: 121.247.128.135
Message-ID: <46cbda41@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 22 Aug 2007 00:40:01 -0700, 121.247.128.135
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!121.247.128.135
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Clipper:4237
Article PK: 1106918

Hello

Is there a way to use Replication add-on where the data are in DBF/NTX ?
I can make a .add (data-dict) pointing to existing DBF/NTX tables/Indexes
and keep them open (via a xbase++ application) before the Clipper
application starts.

Will that work ?

Rajesh


Joachim Duerr (ADS) Posted on 2007-08-22 07:57:42.0Z
From: "Joachim Duerr (ADS)" <jojo.duerr@gmx.de>
Subject: Re: Is it possible to use Replication with DBF/NTX
Newsgroups: Advantage.Clipper
References: <46cbda41@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Organization: iAnywhere
User-Agent: XanaNews/1.18.1.2
X-Face: ,QMv7[luB)BpWAQ~:"kw6n%0ieY63.:g2K3n~8ky0;||5Xle*Xq+=~<Fy:0CVC2nx@8~vZ
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.56.66.108
Message-ID: <46cbde66@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Date: 22 Aug 2007 00:57:42 -0700
X-Trace: 22 Aug 2007 00:57:42 -0700, 10.56.66.108
Lines: 22
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!10.56.66.108
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Clipper:4238
Article PK: 1106915


Anand Gupta wrote in <46cbda41@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>:

> Is there a way to use Replication add-on where the data are in
> DBF/NTX ? I can make a .add (data-dict) pointing to existing DBF/NTX
> tables/Indexes and keep them open (via a xbase++ application) before
> the Clipper application starts.
>
> Will that work ?

it should work, but I'm not 100% sure. I've never tried replication
with Clipper.
Why don't you just convert your Clipper app to 32bit (e.g. with
Harbour) and connect to the dictionary instead? One other idea: If you
use AIS (Advantage Internet Server), the connection is made via a
dictionary and so it should work without having the Xbase++ app opened
the files all the time. But again: never tested;)

--
Joachim Duerr
System Consultant (Advantage Database Server)
Sybase iAnywhere
advantagesupport[AT]ianywhere.com


Anand Gupta Posted on 2007-09-24 10:45:42.0Z
From: "Anand Gupta" <ag_remove_meATCoralIndia.com>
Newsgroups: Advantage.Clipper
References: <46cbda41@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <46cbde66@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Subject: Re: Is it possible to use Replication with DBF/NTX
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 16:15:42 +0530
Lines: 35
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2869
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2869
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
NNTP-Posting-Host: 59.93.244.13
Message-ID: <46f7941f@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 24 Sep 2007 04:40:31 -0700, 59.93.244.13
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!59.93.244.13
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Clipper:4246
Article PK: 1106925

Thanks Joachim.

I did tried with an xbase++ running with an open connection to the data-dict
(.add file) and the existing Clipper App running as it is.

It does not fires the insert/update etc triggers.

Anand

"Joachim Duerr (ADS)" <jojo.duerr@gmx.de> wrote in message
news:46cbde66@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
> Anand Gupta wrote in <46cbda41@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>:
>
>> Is there a way to use Replication add-on where the data are in
>> DBF/NTX ? I can make a .add (data-dict) pointing to existing DBF/NTX
>> tables/Indexes and keep them open (via a xbase++ application) before
>> the Clipper application starts.
>>
>> Will that work ?
>
> it should work, but I'm not 100% sure. I've never tried replication
> with Clipper.
> Why don't you just convert your Clipper app to 32bit (e.g. with
> Harbour) and connect to the dictionary instead? One other idea: If you
> use AIS (Advantage Internet Server), the connection is made via a
> dictionary and so it should work without having the Xbase++ app opened
> the files all the time. But again: never tested;)
>
> --
> Joachim Duerr
> System Consultant (Advantage Database Server)
> Sybase iAnywhere
> advantagesupport[AT]ianywhere.com


Joachim Duerr (ADS) Posted on 2007-09-24 12:09:43.0Z
From: "Joachim Duerr (ADS)" <jojo.duerr@gmx.de>
Subject: Re: Is it possible to use Replication with DBF/NTX
Newsgroups: Advantage.Clipper
References: <46cbda41@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <46cbde66@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <46f7941f@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Organization: iAnywhere
User-Agent: XanaNews/1.18.1.2
X-Face: ,QMv7[luB)BpWAQ~:"kw6n%0ieY63.:g2K3n~8ky0;||5Xle*Xq+=~<Fy:0CVC2nx@8~vZ
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.56.66.108
Message-ID: <46f79af7@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Date: 24 Sep 2007 05:09:43 -0700
X-Trace: 24 Sep 2007 05:09:43 -0700, 10.56.66.108
Lines: 14
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!10.56.66.108
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Clipper:4247
Article PK: 1106928


Anand Gupta wrote in <46f7941f@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>:

> I did tried with an xbase++ running with an open connection to the
> data-dict (.add file) and the existing Clipper App running as it is.
>
> It does not fires the insert/update etc triggers.

did the replication queue fill up?

--
Joachim Duerr
System Consultant (Advantage Database Server)
Sybase iAnywhere
advantagesupport[AT]ianywhere.com