Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

RichTextControl and Change TextFontSize

5 posts in Objects Last posting was on 2008-01-11 08:04:47.0Z
M.Erlinger Posted on 2008-01-08 11:08:10.0Z
From: "M.Erlinger" <mierli@noemail.noemail>
User-Agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.9 (Windows/20071031)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
Subject: RichTextControl and Change TextFontSize
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-15; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: 62.212.169.105
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 62.212.169.105
Message-ID: <4783599a@forums-1-dub>
Date: 8 Jan 2008 03:08:10 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1199790490 62.212.169.105 (8 Jan 2008 03:08:10 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 8 Jan 2008 03:08:10 -0800, 62.212.169.105
Lines: 11
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:9583
Article PK: 736726

Hello

PowerBuilder 10.5.2 (7564) - problems with the RTF-Control, to change
the TextSize.

this command don't work:
>>>> rte_us_text.TextSize = 20;

how could i change the TextSize from my sourceCode ???
many thank's for any help
Michael


Millard F. Brown III Posted on 2008-01-08 20:47:27.0Z
From: "Millard F. Brown III" <millard.brown@teamsybase.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
References: <4783599a@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: RichTextControl and Change TextFontSize
Lines: 28
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3138
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3198
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: 204.86.34.1
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 204.86.34.1
Message-ID: <4783e15f@forums-1-dub>
Date: 8 Jan 2008 12:47:27 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1199825247 204.86.34.1 (8 Jan 2008 12:47:27 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 8 Jan 2008 12:47:27 -0800, 204.86.34.1
X-Authenticated-User: TeamSybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:9585
Article PK: 736729

Functionality to change font size is not included directly in the RTE
control. However, you can use the CopyRTF/PasteRTF functions to insert RTF
formatting to accomplish what you need.

You can get the Rich Text 1.8 specifications from Microsoft at:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=ac57de32-17f0-4b46-9e4e-467ef9bc5540&displaylang=en

However, some of the 1.8 specification may not be supported by the PB
control.
--
Regards,
Millard [TeamSybase]

"M.Erlinger" <mierli@noemail.noemail> wrote in message
news:4783599a@forums-1-dub...
> Hello
>
> PowerBuilder 10.5.2 (7564) - problems with the RTF-Control, to change the
> TextSize.
>
> this command don't work:
> >>>> rte_us_text.TextSize = 20;
>
> how could i change the TextSize from my sourceCode ???
> many thank's for any help
> Michael


M.Erlinger Posted on 2008-01-09 07:35:09.0Z
From: "M.Erlinger" <mierli@noemail.noemail>
User-Agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.9 (Windows/20071031)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
Subject: Re: RichTextControl and Change TextFontSize
References: <4783599a@forums-1-dub> <4783e15f@forums-1-dub>
In-Reply-To: <4783e15f@forums-1-dub>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-15; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: 62.212.169.105
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 62.212.169.105
Message-ID: <4784792d$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 8 Jan 2008 23:35:09 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1199864109 62.212.169.105 (8 Jan 2008 23:35:09 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 8 Jan 2008 23:35:09 -0800, 62.212.169.105
Lines: 20
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:9586
Article PK: 736730

hello

if i define/change the FontSize in PB-IDE - it work's fine, if i start
the application from the PB-ide; if i start the applicatoin from the
compiled version: i see for a short time the changed font-size, and then
is always the font-size to 10.

regards
Michael

Millard F. Brown III schrieb:

> Functionality to change font size is not included directly in the RTE
> control. However, you can use the CopyRTF/PasteRTF functions to insert RTF
> formatting to accomplish what you need.
>
> You can get the Rich Text 1.8 specifications from Microsoft at:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=ac57de32-17f0-4b46-9e4e-467ef9bc5540&displaylang=en
>
> However, some of the 1.8 specification may not be supported by the PB
> control.


Millard F. Brown III Posted on 2008-01-09 16:28:32.0Z
From: "Millard F. Brown III" <millard.brown@teamsybase.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
References: <4783599a@forums-1-dub> <4783e15f@forums-1-dub> <4784792d$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: RichTextControl and Change TextFontSize
Lines: 34
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3138
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3198
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: 204.86.34.1
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 204.86.34.1
Message-ID: <4784f630$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 9 Jan 2008 08:28:32 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1199896112 204.86.34.1 (9 Jan 2008 08:28:32 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 9 Jan 2008 08:28:32 -0800, 204.86.34.1
X-Authenticated-User: TeamSybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:9587
Article PK: 736731

This sounds like something where you should open a case with Sybase. If
you're not doing anything to change the font, it should remain the way you
set it in the IDE.

How are you loading the control with text?

--
Regards,
Millard [TeamSybase]

"M.Erlinger" <mierli@noemail.noemail> wrote in message
news:4784792d$1@forums-1-dub...
> hello
>
> if i define/change the FontSize in PB-IDE - it work's fine, if i start
> the application from the PB-ide; if i start the applicatoin from the
> compiled version: i see for a short time the changed font-size, and then
> is always the font-size to 10.
>
> regards
> Michael
>
> Millard F. Brown III schrieb:
>> Functionality to change font size is not included directly in the RTE
>> control. However, you can use the CopyRTF/PasteRTF functions to insert
>> RTF formatting to accomplish what you need.
>>
>> You can get the Rich Text 1.8 specifications from Microsoft at:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=ac57de32-17f0-4b46-9e4e-467ef9bc5540&displaylang=en
>>
>> However, some of the 1.8 specification may not be supported by the PB
>> control.


M.Erlinger Posted on 2008-01-11 08:04:47.0Z
From: "M.Erlinger" <mierli@noemail.noemail>
User-Agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.9 (Windows/20071031)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
Subject: Re: RichTextControl and Change TextFontSize
References: <4783599a@forums-1-dub> <4783e15f@forums-1-dub> <4784792d$1@forums-1-dub> <4784f630$1@forums-1-dub>
In-Reply-To: <4784f630$1@forums-1-dub>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-15; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: 62.212.169.105
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 62.212.169.105
Message-ID: <4787231f@forums-1-dub>
Date: 11 Jan 2008 00:04:47 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1200038687 62.212.169.105 (11 Jan 2008 00:04:47 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 11 Jan 2008 00:04:47 -0800, 62.212.169.105
Lines: 15
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:9589
Article PK: 736734

hello

i paste the control direct in the window.
if i change the fontSize in the IDE - that's don't work.....it's always 10.

Regards
Michael

Millard F. Brown III schrieb:

> This sounds like something where you should open a case with Sybase. If
> you're not doing anything to change the font, it should remain the way you
> set it in the IDE.
>
> How are you loading the control with text?
>