Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

PB 8 to 11 conversion; cursor placement overriden by tab order in DW

4 posts in DataWindow Last posting was on 2008-04-01 02:02:20.0Z
Janice John Posted on 2008-03-31 19:53:53.0Z
Sender: 2857.47f13f11.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Janice John
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: PB 8 to 11 conversion; cursor placement overriden by tab order in DW
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <47f14151.287e.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 31 Mar 2008 11:53:53 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1206993233 10.22.241.41 (31 Mar 2008 11:53:53 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 31 Mar 2008 11:53:53 -0800, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 8
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:86582
Article PK: 415841

I have a DW with 2 datetime columns. First colum has
taborder 10, second has taborder 20. When DW opens the
cursor is sitting at the start of column one. In PB 8, when
I put my cursor at the end of date in column one and click
once, the cursor reamins where I clicked. But after
conversion to PB 11, the cursor does not reamin where I
clicked. Instead it gets moved to the second datetime
column! Is there something I can do about this?


"Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel Posted on 2008-03-31 20:30:14.0Z
From: "Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel@yahoo!.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <47f14151.287e.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: PB 8 to 11 conversion; cursor placement overriden by tab order in DW
Lines: 19
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3138
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3198
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <47f149d6$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 31 Mar 2008 12:30:14 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1206995414 10.22.241.152 (31 Mar 2008 12:30:14 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 31 Mar 2008 12:30:14 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: TeamSybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:86583
Article PK: 415843

Sounds like an editmask with AutoSkip turned on.
Did that change in the migration?
It sounds like a bug - I would think you should be able to position the
cursor on the last digit to change the year. Please file a report with
Sybase, as this is an end user forum

Workaround: position one character in and use delete instead of backspace.

<Janice John> wrote in message news:47f14151.287e.1681692777@sybase.com...
>I have a DW with 2 datetime columns. First colum has
> taborder 10, second has taborder 20. When DW opens the
> cursor is sitting at the start of column one. In PB 8, when
> I put my cursor at the end of date in column one and click
> once, the cursor reamins where I clicked. But after
> conversion to PB 11, the cursor does not reamin where I
> clicked. Instead it gets moved to the second datetime
> column! Is there something I can do about this?


Janice John Posted on 2008-03-31 23:52:17.0Z
Sender: 2857.47f13f11.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Janice John
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Re: PB 8 to 11 conversion; cursor placement overriden by tab order in DW
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <47f17930.2c05.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <47f149d6$1@forums-1-dub>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 31 Mar 2008 15:52:17 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1207007537 10.22.241.41 (31 Mar 2008 15:52:17 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 31 Mar 2008 15:52:17 -0800, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 27
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:86584
Article PK: 415844

Yes, it is an editmask with AutoSkip turned on. It was that
way (i.e. an editmask with AutoSkip turned on) prior to the
migration. Your suggestion works fine. And I will submit
the case.
Thanks very much!

> Sounds like an editmask with AutoSkip turned on.
> Did that change in the migration?
> It sounds like a bug - I would think you should be able to
> position the cursor on the last digit to change the year.
> Please file a report with Sybase, as this is an end user
> forum
>
> Workaround: position one character in and use delete
> instead of backspace.
>
> <Janice John> wrote in message
> news:47f14151.287e.1681692777@sybase.com... >I have a DW
> > with 2 datetime columns. First colum has taborder 10,
> > second has taborder 20. When DW opens the cursor is
> > sitting at the start of column one. In PB 8, when I put
> > my cursor at the end of date in column one and click
> > once, the cursor reamins where I clicked. But after
> > conversion to PB 11, the cursor does not reamin where I
> > clicked. Instead it gets moved to the second datetime
> column! Is there something I can do about this?
>
>


"Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel Posted on 2008-04-01 02:02:20.0Z
From: "Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel@yahoo!.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <47f149d6$1@forums-1-dub> <47f17930.2c05.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: PB 8 to 11 conversion; cursor placement overriden by tab order in DW
Lines: 34
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3138
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3198
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <47f197ac$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 31 Mar 2008 18:02:20 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1207015340 10.22.241.152 (31 Mar 2008 18:02:20 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 31 Mar 2008 18:02:20 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: TeamSybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:86585
Article PK: 415845

Glad I could help.
You didn't say which release of 11 but I have verified that it is present in
11.1.

<Janice John> wrote in message news:47f17930.2c05.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Yes, it is an editmask with AutoSkip turned on. It was that
> way (i.e. an editmask with AutoSkip turned on) prior to the
> migration. Your suggestion works fine. And I will submit
> the case.
> Thanks very much!
>> Sounds like an editmask with AutoSkip turned on.
>> Did that change in the migration?
>> It sounds like a bug - I would think you should be able to
>> position the cursor on the last digit to change the year.
>> Please file a report with Sybase, as this is an end user
>> forum
>>
>> Workaround: position one character in and use delete
>> instead of backspace.
>>
>> <Janice John> wrote in message
>> news:47f14151.287e.1681692777@sybase.com... >I have a DW
>> > with 2 datetime columns. First colum has taborder 10,
>> > second has taborder 20. When DW opens the cursor is
>> > sitting at the start of column one. In PB 8, when I put
>> > my cursor at the end of date in column one and click
>> > once, the cursor reamins where I clicked. But after
>> > conversion to PB 11, the cursor does not reamin where I
>> > clicked. Instead it gets moved to the second datetime
>> column! Is there something I can do about this?
>>
>>