Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

DataWindow Change a row Font to Bold

5 posts in DataWindow Last posting was on 2008-04-11 21:35:02.0Z
Kemal Posted on 2008-04-11 19:39:33.0Z
Sender: 3be.47ffbdde.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Kemal
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: DataWindow Change a row Font to Bold
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <47ffbe75.3c7.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 11 Apr 2008 12:39:33 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1207942773 10.22.241.41 (11 Apr 2008 12:39:33 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 11 Apr 2008 12:39:33 -0700, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 4
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:86632
Article PK: 415892

Hi everyone,
I have a grid datawindow. According to a column (1 or 0) i
need to change the row Font to Bold. How can i do this?
Thanks for your help.


Jason 'Bug' Fenter [TeamSybase] Posted on 2008-04-11 20:20:29.0Z
From: "Jason 'Bug' Fenter [TeamSybase]" <jason.fenter@teamsybase.com>
User-Agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.12 (Windows/20080213)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Re: DataWindow Change a row Font to Bold
References: <47ffbe75.3c7.1681692777@sybase.com>
In-Reply-To: <47ffbe75.3c7.1681692777@sybase.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <47ffc80d@forums-1-dub>
Date: 11 Apr 2008 13:20:29 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1207945229 10.22.241.152 (11 Apr 2008 13:20:29 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 11 Apr 2008 13:20:29 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 9
X-Authenticated-User: teamsybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:86633
Article PK: 415891

On each column object, put an expression in the bold property. You'll
want to use a value of 400 for normal and 700 for bold.

Kemal wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I have a grid datawindow. According to a column (1 or 0) i
> need to change the row Font to Bold. How can i do this?
> Thanks for your help.


"Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel Posted on 2008-04-11 20:28:01.0Z
From: "Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel@yahoo!.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <47ffbe75.3c7.1681692777@sybase.com> <47ffc80d@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: DataWindow Change a row Font to Bold
Lines: 17
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3138
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3198
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <47ffc9d1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 11 Apr 2008 13:28:01 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1207945681 10.22.241.152 (11 Apr 2008 13:28:01 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 11 Apr 2008 13:28:01 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: TeamSybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:86634
Article PK: 415893

DWSyntax is your friend:
<DW Control Name>.Modify("<Columnname>.Font.Weight='<400 - Normal, 700 -
Bold>'")

"Jason 'Bug' Fenter [TeamSybase]" <jason.fenter@teamsybase.com> wrote in
message news:47ffc80d@forums-1-dub...
> On each column object, put an expression in the bold property. You'll want
> to use a value of 400 for normal and 700 for bold.
>
>
> Kemal wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>> I have a grid datawindow. According to a column (1 or 0) i
>> need to change the row Font to Bold. How can i do this?
>> Thanks for your help.


Jason 'Bug' Fenter [TeamSybase] Posted on 2008-04-11 21:00:54.0Z
From: "Jason 'Bug' Fenter [TeamSybase]" <jason.fenter@teamsybase.com>
User-Agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.12 (Windows/20080213)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Re: DataWindow Change a row Font to Bold
References: <47ffbe75.3c7.1681692777@sybase.com> <47ffc80d@forums-1-dub> <47ffc9d1@forums-1-dub>
In-Reply-To: <47ffc9d1@forums-1-dub>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <47ffd186$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 11 Apr 2008 14:00:54 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1207947654 10.22.241.152 (11 Apr 2008 14:00:54 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 11 Apr 2008 14:00:54 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 27
X-Authenticated-User: teamsybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:86635
Article PK: 415894

True, but that syntax will affect a column across every row. You'll have
to use an expression to make it specific to individual rows. It can
still be done with a Modify() statement, though. For all properties, the
value is "<static value>~t<expression>". So in this case, you'd have
something like:
<DW Control Name>.Modify("<Columnname>.Font.Weight='400~tif (<indicator
column> = 1 , 700 , 400 )'")

Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase] wrote:
> DWSyntax is your friend:
> <DW Control Name>.Modify("<Columnname>.Font.Weight='<400 - Normal, 700 -
> Bold>'")
>
> "Jason 'Bug' Fenter [TeamSybase]" <jason.fenter@teamsybase.com> wrote in
> message news:47ffc80d@forums-1-dub...
>> On each column object, put an expression in the bold property. You'll want
>> to use a value of 400 for normal and 700 for bold.
>>
>>
>> Kemal wrote:
>>> Hi everyone,
>>> I have a grid datawindow. According to a column (1 or 0) i
>>> need to change the row Font to Bold. How can i do this?
>>> Thanks for your help.
>
>


"Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel Posted on 2008-04-11 21:35:02.0Z
From: "Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel@yahoo!.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <47ffbe75.3c7.1681692777@sybase.com> <47ffc80d@forums-1-dub> <47ffc9d1@forums-1-dub> <47ffd186$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: DataWindow Change a row Font to Bold
Lines: 33
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3138
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3198
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <47ffd986@forums-1-dub>
Date: 11 Apr 2008 14:35:02 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1207949702 10.22.241.152 (11 Apr 2008 14:35:02 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 11 Apr 2008 14:35:02 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: TeamSybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:86636
Article PK: 415895

I read a little too fast ;-) The expression button *is* next to Bold on the
Font tab, but you will notice in the popup that it does name the property as
Weight. And of course DWSyntax does help out with the appropriate values.

"Jason 'Bug' Fenter [TeamSybase]" <jason.fenter@teamsybase.com> wrote in
message news:47ffd186$1@forums-1-dub...
> True, but that syntax will affect a column across every row. You'll have
> to use an expression to make it specific to individual rows. It can still
> be done with a Modify() statement, though. For all properties, the value
> is "<static value>~t<expression>". So in this case, you'd have something
> like:
> <DW Control Name>.Modify("<Columnname>.Font.Weight='400~tif (<indicator
> column> = 1 , 700 , 400 )'")
>
>
> Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase] wrote:
>> DWSyntax is your friend:
>> <DW Control Name>.Modify("<Columnname>.Font.Weight='<400 - Normal, 700 -
>> Bold>'")
>>
>> "Jason 'Bug' Fenter [TeamSybase]" <jason.fenter@teamsybase.com> wrote in
>> message news:47ffc80d@forums-1-dub...
>>> On each column object, put an expression in the bold property. You'll
>>> want to use a value of 400 for normal and 700 for bold.
>>>
>>>
>>> Kemal wrote:
>>>> Hi everyone,
>>>> I have a grid datawindow. According to a column (1 or 0) i
>>>> need to change the row Font to Bold. How can i do this?
>>>> Thanks for your help.
>>