Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

libraryimport "nest arguments....." error

9 posts in DataWindow Last posting was on 2008-05-22 22:57:37.0Z
Brad Mettee Posted on 2008-05-16 22:02:13.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: libraryimport "nest arguments....." error
From: Brad Mettee <bmettee@REMOVE.pchotshots.com>
Organization: PC HotShots, Inc.
X-Newsreader: WinVN 0.99.12N (x86 32bit)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: Text/Plain; charset=US-ASCII
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <482e0465$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 16 May 2008 15:02:13 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1210975333 10.22.241.152 (16 May 2008 15:02:13 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 16 May 2008 15:02:13 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 24
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:86881
Article PK: 416138

I'm having a problem with PB 10.2.1 build 9891.

When I try to import a datawindow that has a nested report, trying to run the
report fails with "Nest arguments are incorrectly specified.". The datawindow will
work if regenerated. This is being done at runtime for an application that has
nested detail data where I need to change sort order. Some of the reports are
nested 3 deep so I can't use getchild and modify it that way.

Due to PB caching the location of a datawindow on first use of that dw, I've had
to create a helper application that takes the original DW from a PBD, grab the
syntax, then use LibraryImport to put it into a runtime PBL that's been put in the
LibraryList ahead of the rest of the PBDs.

I'm about ready to pull my hair out. It took me more than a day to figure out that
PB was hanging onto the location of a DW even if I removed the PBD from the
librarylist and my work-around is "ok" at best.

Now I've got to deal with a broken libraryimport function..........

Any ideas?

(note: I'm not new to PB, I've been using it since PB3 was new)


M. Searer Posted on 2008-05-19 20:50:38.0Z
From: "M. Searer" <nospam@nospam.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <482e0465$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: libraryimport "nest arguments....." error
Lines: 44
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3138
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3198
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4831e81e@forums-1-dub>
Date: 19 May 2008 13:50:38 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1211230238 10.22.241.152 (19 May 2008 13:50:38 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 19 May 2008 13:50:38 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:86891
Article PK: 416149

This doesn't help the import issue, but:

Could you change your nested reports sort order to use an argument as the sort
(or part of the sort)?
You would then pass it in as an argument from the top level datawindow down
through as many levels as you have to.

The top level datawindow could simply have it defined as a computed field with
your default sort in it. At runtime, you can change the compute expression to
whatever the sort needs to be.

"Brad Mettee" <bmettee@REMOVE.pchotshots.com> wrote in message
news:482e0465$1@forums-1-dub...
> I'm having a problem with PB 10.2.1 build 9891.
>
> When I try to import a datawindow that has a nested report, trying to run the
> report fails with "Nest arguments are incorrectly specified.". The datawindow
> will
> work if regenerated. This is being done at runtime for an application that has
> nested detail data where I need to change sort order. Some of the reports are
> nested 3 deep so I can't use getchild and modify it that way.
>
> Due to PB caching the location of a datawindow on first use of that dw, I've
> had
> to create a helper application that takes the original DW from a PBD, grab the
> syntax, then use LibraryImport to put it into a runtime PBL that's been put in
> the
> LibraryList ahead of the rest of the PBDs.
>
> I'm about ready to pull my hair out. It took me more than a day to figure out
> that
> PB was hanging onto the location of a DW even if I removed the PBD from the
> librarylist and my work-around is "ok" at best.
>
> Now I've got to deal with a broken libraryimport function..........
>
> Any ideas?
>
> (note: I'm not new to PB, I've been using it since PB3 was new)
>
>


Brad Mettee Posted on 2008-05-19 21:31:34.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Re: libraryimport "nest arguments....." error
From: Brad Mettee <bmettee@REMOVE.pchotshots.com>
Organization: PC HotShots, Inc.
X-Newsreader: WinVN 0.99.12N (x86 32bit)
References: <482e0465$1@forums-1-dub> <4831e81e@forums-1-dub>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: Text/Plain; charset=US-ASCII
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4831f1b6@forums-1-dub>
Date: 19 May 2008 14:31:34 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1211232694 10.22.241.152 (19 May 2008 14:31:34 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 19 May 2008 14:31:34 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 65
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:86892
Article PK: 416150

We've done this in the past for options that need to get sent to nested reports.

I've already considered doing it this way, but can't. I need to have
ascending/descending ability so I can't use the sort string option, or at least I
haven't thought of a good way to use it.

I'm currently trying to use PBORCA (external tools for library manipulation) and
am getting a successful regen to occur, but it's not actually changing the pbl at
all. Not sure how I can get "success" return value when nothing is actually
regenerated though.

I'll have to make a test app to see if anyone can duplicate this on PB 11. Or
even 10.5.

In article <4831e81e@forums-1-dub>, nospam@nospam.com says...

>
>
>This doesn't help the import issue, but:
>
>Could you change your nested reports sort order to use an argument as the
sort
>(or part of the sort)?
>You would then pass it in as an argument from the top level datawindow down
>through as many levels as you have to.
>
>The top level datawindow could simply have it defined as a computed field with
>your default sort in it. At runtime, you can change the compute expression to
>whatever the sort needs to be.
>
>
>"Brad Mettee" <bmettee@REMOVE.pchotshots.com> wrote in message
>news:482e0465$1@forums-1-dub...
>> I'm having a problem with PB 10.2.1 build 9891.
>>
>> When I try to import a datawindow that has a nested report, trying to run the
>> report fails with "Nest arguments are incorrectly specified.". The datawindow
>> will
>> work if regenerated. This is being done at runtime for an application that has
>> nested detail data where I need to change sort order. Some of the reports are
>> nested 3 deep so I can't use getchild and modify it that way.
>>
>> Due to PB caching the location of a datawindow on first use of that dw, I've
>> had
>> to create a helper application that takes the original DW from a PBD, grab
the
>> syntax, then use LibraryImport to put it into a runtime PBL that's been put in
>> the
>> LibraryList ahead of the rest of the PBDs.
>>
>> I'm about ready to pull my hair out. It took me more than a day to figure out
>> that
>> PB was hanging onto the location of a DW even if I removed the PBD from
the
>> librarylist and my work-around is "ok" at best.
>>
>> Now I've got to deal with a broken libraryimport function..........
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> (note: I'm not new to PB, I've been using it since PB3 was new)
>>
>>
>
>


Jeremy Lakeman Posted on 2008-05-20 00:34:18.0Z
From: Jeremy Lakeman <jeremy.lakeman@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Re: libraryimport "nest arguments....." error
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 17:34:18 -0700 (PDT)
Organization: http://groups.google.com
Lines: 6
Message-ID: <9af2daec-a04f-4e96-8b19-af5250cc1ef5@x41g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>
References: <482e0465$1@forums-1-dub>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 203.122.242.105
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Trace: posting.google.com 1211243659 31680 127.0.0.1 (20 May 2008 00:34:19 GMT)
X-Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
NNTP-Posting-Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 00:34:19 +0000 (UTC)
Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
Injection-Info: x41g2000hsb.googlegroups.com; posting-host=203.122.242.105; posting-account=euaBtgoAAAC_vDxfsxmpMKlBxHaHpmRS
User-Agent: G2/1.0
X-HTTP-UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14,gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)
X-HTTP-Via: 1.1 asp.essential.intranet:3128 (squid/2.5.STABLE8)
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master!newssvr.sybase.com!news-sj-1.sprintlink.net!news-peer1.sprintlink.net!newsfeed.yul.equant.net!transit4.readnews.com!news-out.readnews.com!transit3.readnews.com!postnews.google.com!x41g2000hsb.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:86893
Article PK: 416151


On May 17, 7:02 am, Brad Mettee <bmet...@REMOVE.pchotshots.com> wrote:
> Now I've got to deal with a broken libraryimport function..........

Have you tried opening a window?

http://www.rgagnon.com/pbdetails/pb-0244.html


Brad Mettee Posted on 2008-05-20 05:16:30.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Re: libraryimport "nest arguments....." error
From: Brad Mettee <bmettee@REMOVE.pchotshots.com>
Organization: PC HotShots, Inc.
X-Newsreader: WinVN 0.99.12N (x86 32bit)
References: <482e0465$1@forums-1-dub> <9af2daec-a04f-4e96-8b19-af5250cc1ef5@x41g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: Text/Plain; charset=US-ASCII
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <48325eae$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 19 May 2008 22:16:30 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1211260590 10.22.241.152 (19 May 2008 22:16:30 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 19 May 2008 22:16:30 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 46
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:86894
Article PK: 416152

Thanks, never knew about that, but the problem is that the datawindow *is*
being correctly written to the new pbl, but without a regen (in PB 10 only) it
comes up with the arguments error.

I've also managed to build a PBORCA app that can regen the library. It touches
the PBL file, but it never actually regens the DW the way that PB proper does.

Here's what I've managed to figure out:
1. Creating the new PBL works fine
2. Writing the new DW (modified from the original) works fine
3. Any attempts to use the datawindow, including closing the app (or
powerbuilder) and re-opening, or attempting to use it from PB, results in the
"Nest arguments are incorrectly specified" error
4. I can use PBORCA_CompileEntryRegenerate on the DW, but it doesn't
actually change the PBL, it just changes the time/date on it. This also happens
if NOTHING has the PBL open, and I just run my regen program
5. The only thing that seems to fix the problem is by doing a regen in PB, OR
opening the window and forcing it to save it (even editing the source and saving it
works).
6. I can't see any difference between the source of the datawindow before/after a
regen.

What aggravates me the most is that I looked this problem up and it appears to
be a regression error. It was fixed in the past, but it's back again.

Anyone else have any suggestions or possible ways around this? The client
would really like to have ascending/descending sort ability on this datawindow. It
works on 4 other datawindows because they have no nested items. I really
wasn't expecting to run into anything quite like this.

Sigh - help!


In article
<9af2daec-a04f-4e96-8b19-af5250cc1ef5@x41g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
jeremy.lakeman@gmail.com says...

>
>
>On May 17, 7:02 am, Brad Mettee <bmet...@REMOVE.pchotshots.com>
wrote:
>> Now I've got to deal with a broken libraryimport function..........
>
>Have you tried opening a window?
>
>http://www.rgagnon.com/pbdetails/pb-0244.html


Jeremy Lakeman Posted on 2008-05-20 07:32:19.0Z
From: Jeremy Lakeman <jeremy.lakeman@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Re: libraryimport "nest arguments....." error
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 00:32:19 -0700 (PDT)
Organization: http://groups.google.com
Lines: 57
Message-ID: <89232a0e-ab3d-40a4-ae01-6b09422f55bd@b1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>
References: <482e0465$1@forums-1-dub> <9af2daec-a04f-4e96-8b19-af5250cc1ef5@x41g2000hsb.googlegroups.com> <48325eae$1@forums-1-dub>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 203.122.242.105
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Trace: posting.google.com 1211268739 2922 127.0.0.1 (20 May 2008 07:32:19 GMT)
X-Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
NNTP-Posting-Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 07:32:19 +0000 (UTC)
Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
Injection-Info: b1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com; posting-host=203.122.242.105; posting-account=euaBtgoAAAC_vDxfsxmpMKlBxHaHpmRS
User-Agent: G2/1.0
X-HTTP-UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14,gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)
X-HTTP-Via: 1.1 asp.essential.intranet:3128 (squid/2.5.STABLE8)
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master!newssvr.sybase.com!news-sj-1.sprintlink.net!news-peer1.sprintlink.net!nntp1.phx1.gblx.net!nntp.gblx.net!nntp.gblx.net!newsfeed.news2me.com!news.glorb.com!postnews.google.com!b1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:86895
Article PK: 416153

You do know you can sort on a complex expression? Here's a way to
change your sort order based on a retrieval argument that you may be
able to adapt to your needs;

sort="if(sort_asc='Y', data_column, 0) A, if(sort_asc='Y', 0,
data_column) D"

(replace the zero with a constant that is the same type as the data
column)

On May 20, 2:16 pm, Brad Mettee <bmet...@REMOVE.pchotshots.com> wrote:
> Thanks, never knew about that, but the problem is that the datawindow *is*
> being correctly written to the new pbl, but without a regen (in PB 10 only) it
> comes up with the arguments error.
>
> I've also managed to build a PBORCA app that can regen the library. It touches
> the PBL file, but it never actually regens the DW the way that PB proper does.
>
> Here's what I've managed to figure out:
> 1. Creating the new PBL works fine
> 2. Writing the new DW (modified from the original) works fine
> 3. Any attempts to use the datawindow, including closing the app (or
> powerbuilder) and re-opening, or attempting to use it from PB, results in the
> "Nest arguments are incorrectly specified" error
> 4. I can use PBORCA_CompileEntryRegenerate on the DW, but it doesn't
> actually change the PBL, it just changes the time/date on it. This also happens
> if NOTHING has the PBL open, and I just run my regen program
> 5. The only thing that seems to fix the problem is by doing a regen in PB, OR
> opening the window and forcing it to save it (even editing the source and saving it
> works).
> 6. I can't see any difference between the source of the datawindow before/after a
> regen.
>
> What aggravates me the most is that I looked this problem up and it appears to
> be a regression error. It was fixed in the past, but it's back again.
>
> Anyone else have any suggestions or possible ways around this? The client
> would really like to have ascending/descending sort ability on this datawindow. It
> works on 4 other datawindows because they have no nested items. I really
> wasn't expecting to run into anything quite like this.
>
> Sigh - help!
>
> In article
> <9af2daec-a04f-4e96-8b19-af5250cc1...@x41g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
> jeremy.lake...@gmail.com says...
>
>
>
> >On May 17, 7:02 am, Brad Mettee <bmet...@REMOVE.pchotshots.com>
> wrote:
> >> Now I've got to deal with a broken libraryimport function..........
>
> >Have you tried opening a window?
>
> >http://www.rgagnon.com/pbdetails/pb-0244.html


Brad Mettee Posted on 2008-05-20 15:20:01.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Re: libraryimport "nest arguments....." error
From: Brad Mettee <bmettee@REMOVE.pchotshots.com>
Organization: PC HotShots, Inc.
X-Newsreader: WinVN 0.99.12N (x86 32bit)
References: <482e0465$1@forums-1-dub> <9af2daec-a04f-4e96-8b19-af5250cc1ef5@x41g2000hsb.googlegroups.com> <89232a0e-ab3d-40a4-ae01-6b09422f55bd@b1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: Text/Plain; charset=US-ASCII
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4832ec21$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 20 May 2008 08:20:01 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1211296801 10.22.241.152 (20 May 2008 08:20:01 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 20 May 2008 08:20:01 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 82
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:86901
Article PK: 416161

Thanks for the idea.

We've done a lot of different things with expressions in odd places, but I hadn't
thought about using it for the sort string quite like that. It's worth a shot, and only
having to modify one report (and all of the arguments that go with it) to make it
work beats having to do all 5.

I'll post back with results.


In article
<89232a0e-ab3d-40a4-ae01-6b09422f55bd@b1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>,
jeremy.lakeman@gmail.com says...

>
>
>You do know you can sort on a complex expression? Here's a way to
>change your sort order based on a retrieval argument that you may be
>able to adapt to your needs;
>
>sort="if(sort_asc='Y', data_column, 0) A, if(sort_asc='Y', 0,
>data_column) D"
>
>(replace the zero with a constant that is the same type as the data
>column)
>
>On May 20, 2:16 pm, Brad Mettee <bmet...@REMOVE.pchotshots.com>
wrote:
>> Thanks, never knew about that, but the problem is that the datawindow *is*
>> being correctly written to the new pbl, but without a regen (in PB 10 only) it
>> comes up with the arguments error.
>>
>> I've also managed to build a PBORCA app that can regen the library. It
touches
>> the PBL file, but it never actually regens the DW the way that PB proper
does.
>>
>> Here's what I've managed to figure out:
>> 1. Creating the new PBL works fine
>> 2. Writing the new DW (modified from the original) works fine
>> 3. Any attempts to use the datawindow, including closing the app (or
>> powerbuilder) and re-opening, or attempting to use it from PB, results in the
>> "Nest arguments are incorrectly specified" error
>> 4. I can use PBORCA_CompileEntryRegenerate on the DW, but it doesn't
>> actually change the PBL, it just changes the time/date on it. This also
>> happens
>> if NOTHING has the PBL open, and I just run my regen program
>> 5. The only thing that seems to fix the problem is by doing a regen in PB,
OR
>> opening the window and forcing it to save it (even editing the source and
>> saving it
>> works).
>> 6. I can't see any difference between the source of the datawindow
>> before/after a
>> regen.
>>
>> What aggravates me the most is that I looked this problem up and it appears
to
>> be a regression error. It was fixed in the past, but it's back again.
>>
>> Anyone else have any suggestions or possible ways around this? The client
>> would really like to have ascending/descending sort ability on this
>> datawindow. It
>> works on 4 other datawindows because they have no nested items. I really
>> wasn't expecting to run into anything quite like this.
>>
>> Sigh - help!
>>
>> In article
>> <9af2daec-a04f-4e96-8b19-af5250cc1...@x41g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
>> jeremy.lake...@gmail.com says...
>>
>>
>>
>> >On May 17, 7:02 am, Brad Mettee <bmet...@REMOVE.pchotshots.com>
>> wrote:
>> >> Now I've got to deal with a broken libraryimport function..........
>>
>> >Have you tried opening a window?
>>
>> >http://www.rgagnon.com/pbdetails/pb-0244.html
>


"Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel Posted on 2008-05-20 17:59:04.0Z
From: "Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel@yahoo!.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <482e0465$1@forums-1-dub> <9af2daec-a04f-4e96-8b19-af5250cc1ef5@x41g2000hsb.googlegroups.com> <48325eae$1@forums-1-dub> <89232a0e-ab3d-40a4-ae01-6b09422f55bd@b1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: libraryimport "nest arguments....." error
Lines: 75
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5512
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5512
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <48331168@forums-1-dub>
Date: 20 May 2008 10:59:04 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1211306344 10.22.241.152 (20 May 2008 10:59:04 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 20 May 2008 10:59:04 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: TeamSybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:86904
Article PK: 416163

And you can get to the expression painter from Rows|Sort in design mode by
double-clicking on any column in the sort list.

"Jeremy Lakeman" <jeremy.lakeman@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:89232a0e-ab3d-40a4-ae01-6b09422f55bd@b1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...
> You do know you can sort on a complex expression? Here's a way to
> change your sort order based on a retrieval argument that you may be
> able to adapt to your needs;
>
> sort="if(sort_asc='Y', data_column, 0) A, if(sort_asc='Y', 0,
> data_column) D"
>
> (replace the zero with a constant that is the same type as the data
> column)
>
> On May 20, 2:16 pm, Brad Mettee <bmet...@REMOVE.pchotshots.com> wrote:
>> Thanks, never knew about that, but the problem is that the datawindow
>> *is*
>> being correctly written to the new pbl, but without a regen (in PB 10
>> only) it
>> comes up with the arguments error.
>>
>> I've also managed to build a PBORCA app that can regen the library. It
>> touches
>> the PBL file, but it never actually regens the DW the way that PB proper
>> does.
>>
>> Here's what I've managed to figure out:
>> 1. Creating the new PBL works fine
>> 2. Writing the new DW (modified from the original) works fine
>> 3. Any attempts to use the datawindow, including closing the app (or
>> powerbuilder) and re-opening, or attempting to use it from PB, results in
>> the
>> "Nest arguments are incorrectly specified" error
>> 4. I can use PBORCA_CompileEntryRegenerate on the DW, but it doesn't
>> actually change the PBL, it just changes the time/date on it. This also
>> happens
>> if NOTHING has the PBL open, and I just run my regen program
>> 5. The only thing that seems to fix the problem is by doing a regen in
>> PB, OR
>> opening the window and forcing it to save it (even editing the source and
>> saving it
>> works).
>> 6. I can't see any difference between the source of the datawindow
>> before/after a
>> regen.
>>
>> What aggravates me the most is that I looked this problem up and it
>> appears to
>> be a regression error. It was fixed in the past, but it's back again.
>>
>> Anyone else have any suggestions or possible ways around this? The client
>> would really like to have ascending/descending sort ability on this
>> datawindow. It
>> works on 4 other datawindows because they have no nested items. I really
>> wasn't expecting to run into anything quite like this.
>>
>> Sigh - help!
>>
>> In article
>> <9af2daec-a04f-4e96-8b19-af5250cc1...@x41g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
>> jeremy.lake...@gmail.com says...
>>
>>
>>
>> >On May 17, 7:02 am, Brad Mettee <bmet...@REMOVE.pchotshots.com>
>> wrote:
>> >> Now I've got to deal with a broken libraryimport function..........
>>
>> >Have you tried opening a window?
>>
>> >http://www.rgagnon.com/pbdetails/pb-0244.html
>


Brad Mettee Posted on 2008-05-22 22:57:37.0Z
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Re: libraryimport "nest arguments....." error
From: Brad Mettee <bmettee@REMOVE.pchotshots.com>
Organization: PC HotShots, Inc.
X-Newsreader: WinVN 0.99.12N (x86 32bit)
References: <482e0465$1@forums-1-dub> <9af2daec-a04f-4e96-8b19-af5250cc1ef5@x41g2000hsb.googlegroups.com> <48325eae$1@forums-1-dub> <89232a0e-ab3d-40a4-ae01-6b09422f55bd@b1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com> <48331168@forums-1-dub>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: Text/Plain; charset=US-ASCII
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4835fa61$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 22 May 2008 15:57:37 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1211497057 10.22.241.152 (22 May 2008 15:57:37 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 22 May 2008 15:57:37 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 87
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:86926
Article PK: 416182

It's already done and working. Thanks.

Does anyone know if this libraryimport problem still exists in PB11 (current
patch)?

In article <48331168@forums-1-dub>, jNOsSPAMsiegel@yahoo!.com says...

>
>
>And you can get to the expression painter from Rows|Sort in design mode by
>double-clicking on any column in the sort list.
>
>"Jeremy Lakeman" <jeremy.lakeman@gmail.com> wrote in message
>news:89232a0e-ab3d-40a4-ae01-6b09422f55bd@b1g2000hsg.googlegroups.co
m...
>> You do know you can sort on a complex expression? Here's a way to
>> change your sort order based on a retrieval argument that you may be
>> able to adapt to your needs;
>>
>> sort="if(sort_asc='Y', data_column, 0) A, if(sort_asc='Y', 0,
>> data_column) D"
>>
>> (replace the zero with a constant that is the same type as the data
>> column)
>>
>> On May 20, 2:16 pm, Brad Mettee <bmet...@REMOVE.pchotshots.com>
wrote:
>>> Thanks, never knew about that, but the problem is that the datawindow
>>> *is*
>>> being correctly written to the new pbl, but without a regen (in PB 10
>>> only) it
>>> comes up with the arguments error.
>>>
>>> I've also managed to build a PBORCA app that can regen the library. It
>>> touches
>>> the PBL file, but it never actually regens the DW the way that PB proper
>>> does.
>>>
>>> Here's what I've managed to figure out:
>>> 1. Creating the new PBL works fine
>>> 2. Writing the new DW (modified from the original) works fine
>>> 3. Any attempts to use the datawindow, including closing the app (or
>>> powerbuilder) and re-opening, or attempting to use it from PB, results in
>>> the
>>> "Nest arguments are incorrectly specified" error
>>> 4. I can use PBORCA_CompileEntryRegenerate on the DW, but it doesn't
>>> actually change the PBL, it just changes the time/date on it. This also
>>> happens
>>> if NOTHING has the PBL open, and I just run my regen program
>>> 5. The only thing that seems to fix the problem is by doing a regen in
>>> PB, OR
>>> opening the window and forcing it to save it (even editing the source and
>>> saving it
>>> works).
>>> 6. I can't see any difference between the source of the datawindow
>>> before/after a
>>> regen.
>>>
>>> What aggravates me the most is that I looked this problem up and it
>>> appears to
>>> be a regression error. It was fixed in the past, but it's back again.
>>>
>>> Anyone else have any suggestions or possible ways around this? The client
>>> would really like to have ascending/descending sort ability on this
>>> datawindow. It
>>> works on 4 other datawindows because they have no nested items. I really
>>> wasn't expecting to run into anything quite like this.
>>>
>>> Sigh - help!
>>>
>>> In article
>>>
<9af2daec-a04f-4e96-8b19-af5250cc1...@x41g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
>>> jeremy.lake...@gmail.com says...
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> >On May 17, 7:02 am, Brad Mettee <bmet...@REMOVE.pchotshots.com>
>>> wrote:
>>> >> Now I've got to deal with a broken libraryimport function..........
>>>
>>> >Have you tried opening a window?
>>>
>>> >http://www.rgagnon.com/pbdetails/pb-0244.html
>>
>
>