Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

While Replication I get on the Target 7077

4 posts in Replication Last posting was on 2008-06-12 14:07:21.0Z
Christopher Lenz Posted on 2008-06-11 11:36:37.0Z
Reply-To: "Christopher Lenz" <lenz@brunzlow.de>
From: "Christopher Lenz" <lenz@brunzlow.de>
Newsgroups: advantage.Replication
Subject: While Replication I get on the Target 7077
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 13:36:37 +0200
Lines: 18
Organization: Brunzlow Datensysteme GmbH
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3138
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3198
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
NNTP-Posting-Host: 84.191.187.135
Message-ID: <484fb764@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 11 Jun 2008 05:30:44 -0700, 84.191.187.135
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!84.191.187.135
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Replication:285
Article PK: 1134140

Hello,

I'm testing the replication service but I have some problems.
The Replication self works but if anybody is connected to the
Target the changes go only in the Queue, is that right?
When would replicated the data from the Queue?
If nobody is connected to the target the changes are replicated
to the target but that takes nearly a minute. And this for one little
Insert(autoinc & char(50))!
While trying to connect to the target database I get:
"Error 7077: The Advantage Data Dictionary cannot be opened.
axServerConnect"
Is that right too?

Kind Regards
Christopher Lenz


Edgar Sherman Posted on 2008-06-11 13:59:57.0Z
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 07:59:57 -0600
From: Edgar Sherman <no@email.com>
User-Agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.14 (Windows/20080421)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: advantage.Replication
Subject: Re: While Replication I get on the Target 7077
References: <484fb764@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
In-Reply-To: <484fb764@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.24.34.164
Message-ID: <484fd8fb@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 11 Jun 2008 07:54:03 -0700, 10.24.34.164
Lines: 28
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!10.24.34.164
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Replication:286
Article PK: 1134141

What errors are logged with the 7077 in the error log at the target machine?

I imagine that the problem is the users connecting to the dictionary at
the target are connecting via LOCAL server. Since you can not mix LOCAL
server and REMOTE server the replication is unable to connect. Make
sure the users at the target are connecting via REMOTE.

Edgar

Christopher Lenz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm testing the replication service but I have some problems.
> The Replication self works but if anybody is connected to the
> Target the changes go only in the Queue, is that right?
> When would replicated the data from the Queue?
> If nobody is connected to the target the changes are replicated
> to the target but that takes nearly a minute. And this for one little
> Insert(autoinc & char(50))!
> While trying to connect to the target database I get:
> "Error 7077: The Advantage Data Dictionary cannot be opened.
> axServerConnect"
> Is that right too?
>
> Kind Regards
> Christopher Lenz
>
>


Christopher Lenz Posted on 2008-06-12 08:04:13.0Z
Reply-To: "Christopher Lenz" <lenz@brunzlow.de>
From: "Christopher Lenz" <lenz@brunzlow.de>
Newsgroups: advantage.Replication
References: <484fb764@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <484fd8fb@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Subject: Re: While Replication I get on the Target 7077
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 10:04:13 +0200
Lines: 43
Organization: Brunzlow Datensysteme GmbH
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3138
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3198
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: 84.191.187.135
Message-ID: <4850d722@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 12 Jun 2008 01:58:26 -0700, 84.191.187.135
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!84.191.187.135
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Replication:287
Article PK: 1134142

Yes thanks that was the problem!
i tested it on the server self and this with local.
Now with remote there are no replication breaks.

but one question.
If it is not possible to replicate from source to target the data
goes to a temp table. what is the next event when the temp table
would replicated?
It is possible to start the replication manually?

regards Chris

"Edgar Sherman" <no@email.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:484fd8fb@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...

> What errors are logged with the 7077 in the error log at the target
> machine?
>
> I imagine that the problem is the users connecting to the dictionary at
> the target are connecting via LOCAL server. Since you can not mix LOCAL
> server and REMOTE server the replication is unable to connect. Make sure
> the users at the target are connecting via REMOTE.
>
> Edgar
>
> Christopher Lenz wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm testing the replication service but I have some problems.
>> The Replication self works but if anybody is connected to the
>> Target the changes go only in the Queue, is that right?
>> When would replicated the data from the Queue?
>> If nobody is connected to the target the changes are replicated
>> to the target but that takes nearly a minute. And this for one little
>> Insert(autoinc & char(50))!
>> While trying to connect to the target database I get:
>> "Error 7077: The Advantage Data Dictionary cannot be opened.
>> axServerConnect"
>> Is that right too?
>>
>> Kind Regards
>> Christopher Lenz


Edgar Sherman Posted on 2008-06-12 14:07:21.0Z
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 08:07:21 -0600
From: Edgar Sherman <no@email.com>
User-Agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.14 (Windows/20080421)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: advantage.Replication
Subject: Re: While Replication I get on the Target 7077
References: <484fb764@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <484fd8fb@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <4850d722@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
In-Reply-To: <4850d722@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.24.34.164
Message-ID: <48512c37@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 12 Jun 2008 08:01:27 -0700, 10.24.34.164
Lines: 69
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!10.24.34.164
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Replication:288
Article PK: 1134143

If the target is not available, the queue will fill up. This is a
permanent table not a temp table.

The source will retry the target.
---- snip ---
If there are pending replication updates at the source database, it will
periodically attempt to connect to the target server to perform the
updates. The time between attempts varies up to one hour but will occur
immediately if an update is made to the source.
---- /snip ---

If the source physical machine has been rebooted:
--- snip ---
If the source server has pending replication updates and has been shut
down, it requires someone to log in to the database before replication
will occur.
--- /snip ---

You can also manually start replication again either using ARC by right
clicking on SUBSCRIPTIONS and choosing "Process Replication Queues"
or
call the stored procedure sp_ProcessReplicationQueues to process the queues

Edgar

Christopher Lenz wrote:
> Yes thanks that was the problem!
> i tested it on the server self and this with local.
> Now with remote there are no replication breaks.
>
> but one question.
> If it is not possible to replicate from source to target the data
> goes to a temp table. what is the next event when the temp table
> would replicated?
> It is possible to start the replication manually?
>
> regards Chris
>
> "Edgar Sherman" <no@email.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:484fd8fb@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
>> What errors are logged with the 7077 in the error log at the target
>> machine?
>>
>> I imagine that the problem is the users connecting to the dictionary at
>> the target are connecting via LOCAL server. Since you can not mix LOCAL
>> server and REMOTE server the replication is unable to connect. Make sure
>> the users at the target are connecting via REMOTE.
>>
>> Edgar
>>
>> Christopher Lenz wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm testing the replication service but I have some problems.
>>> The Replication self works but if anybody is connected to the
>>> Target the changes go only in the Queue, is that right?
>>> When would replicated the data from the Queue?
>>> If nobody is connected to the target the changes are replicated
>>> to the target but that takes nearly a minute. And this for one little
>>> Insert(autoinc & char(50))!
>>> While trying to connect to the target database I get:
>>> "Error 7077: The Advantage Data Dictionary cannot be opened.
>>> axServerConnect"
>>> Is that right too?
>>>
>>> Kind Regards
>>> Christopher Lenz
>
>