Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

How to add static pages?

11 posts in DataWindow Last posting was on 2008-06-23 12:29:08.0Z
Ken Breneman Posted on 2008-06-16 18:19:14.0Z
Sender: 6e00.4856aa37.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Ken Breneman
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: How to add static pages?
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4856aea2.6ea0.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 16 Jun 2008 11:19:14 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1213640354 10.22.241.41 (16 Jun 2008 11:19:14 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 16 Jun 2008 11:19:14 -0700, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 6
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:87183
Article PK: 416439

Does anyone know how I can modify an existing report
datawindow to print out a few standard boilerplate pages of
text following the report proper? A composite DW came to
mind, but the existing report requires a number array
parameter and it appears that composite datawindows do not
support that. Thx!


Jeremy Lakeman Posted on 2008-06-17 00:48:18.0Z
From: Jeremy Lakeman <jeremy.lakeman@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Re: How to add static pages?
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 17:48:18 -0700 (PDT)
Organization: http://groups.google.com
Lines: 11
Message-ID: <bdaaff07-3b37-437b-9c81-3d02fb2d1df8@b1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>
References: <4856aea2.6ea0.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 203.122.242.105
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Trace: posting.google.com 1213663719 28807 127.0.0.1 (17 Jun 2008 00:48:39 GMT)
X-Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
NNTP-Posting-Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 00:48:39 +0000 (UTC)
Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
Injection-Info: b1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com; posting-host=203.122.242.105; posting-account=euaBtgoAAAC_vDxfsxmpMKlBxHaHpmRS
User-Agent: G2/1.0
X-HTTP-UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14,gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)
X-HTTP-Via: 1.1 asp.essential.intranet:3128 (squid/2.5.STABLE8)
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master!newssvr.sybase.com!news-sj-1.sprintlink.net!news-peer1.sprintlink.net!nntp1.phx1.gblx.net!nntp.gblx.net!nntp.gblx.net!border2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!postnews.google.com!b1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:87191
Article PK: 416447


On Jun 17, 3:19 am, Ken Breneman wrote:
> Does anyone know how I can modify an existing report
> datawindow to print out a few standard boilerplate pages of
> text following the report proper? A composite DW came to
> mind, but the existing report requires a number array
> parameter and it appears that composite datawindows do not
> support that. Thx!

Do you care if these pages are visible in the preview?
If not you could always use printopen / printdatawindow / printclose
to print a datawindow and a datastore in the same print job.


Ken Breneman Posted on 2008-06-17 16:52:57.0Z
Sender: 6e00.4856aa37.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Ken Breneman
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Re: How to add static pages?
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4857ebe8.206d.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <bdaaff07-3b37-437b-9c81-3d02fb2d1df8@b1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 17 Jun 2008 09:52:57 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1213721577 10.22.241.41 (17 Jun 2008 09:52:57 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 17 Jun 2008 09:52:57 -0700, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 18
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:87199
Article PK: 416455

Our app allows us to replace any report DataWindow with a
"custom" version at run time -- which is what I'm trying to
do here. I don't have the option of messing with the source
code. But thank you so much for responding. I'm sure your
idea would work. -K

> Do you care if these pages are visible in the preview?
> If not you could always use printopen / printdatawindow /
> printclose to print a datawindow and a datastore in the
> same print job.
>
> On Jun 17, 3:19 am, Ken Breneman wrote:
> > Does anyone know how I can modify an existing report
> > datawindow to print out a few standard boilerplate pages
> > of text following the report proper? A composite DW
> > came to mind, but the existing report requires a number
> > array parameter and it appears that composite
> > datawindows do not support that. Thx!


M. Searer Posted on 2008-06-17 14:15:42.0Z
From: "M. Searer" <nospam@nospam.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <4856aea2.6ea0.1681692777@sybase.com>
In-Reply-To: <4856aea2.6ea0.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: How to add static pages?
Lines: 14
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=original
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Windows Mail 6.0.6001.18000
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.0.6001.18000
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4857c70e$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 17 Jun 2008 07:15:42 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1213712142 10.22.241.152 (17 Jun 2008 07:15:42 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 17 Jun 2008 07:15:42 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:87194
Article PK: 416449

just put two embedded reports in a standard dw. The top embedded report is your real report, the lower one is your boilerplate.
The main dw should join to a table that the real report uses. The main dw's arguments are used to pass as the arguments to the
real report.

"Ken Breneman" wrote in message news:4856aea2.6ea0.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Does anyone know how I can modify an existing report
> datawindow to print out a few standard boilerplate pages of
> text following the report proper? A composite DW came to
> mind, but the existing report requires a number array
> parameter and it appears that composite datawindows do not
> support that. Thx!


Ken Breneman Posted on 2008-06-17 16:47:27.0Z
Sender: 6e00.4856aa37.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Ken Breneman
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Re: How to add static pages?
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4857ea9f.2040.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <4857c70e$1@forums-1-dub>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 17 Jun 2008 09:47:27 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1213721247 10.22.241.41 (17 Jun 2008 09:47:27 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 17 Jun 2008 09:47:27 -0700, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 22
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:87198
Article PK: 416456

Yes! Thank you! This works well. The one thing I'd like
to be different is to somehow force the boilerplate stuff to
begin on a new page. It's a standard static form that needs
to be on a single page. Thanks again.

> just put two embedded reports in a standard dw. The top
> embedded report is your real report, the lower one is your
> boilerplate. The main dw should join to a table that the
> real report uses. The main dw's arguments are used to
> pass as the arguments to the real report.
>
>
>
> "Ken Breneman" wrote in message
> > news:4856aea2.6ea0.1681692777@sybase.com... Does anyone
> > know how I can modify an existing report datawindow to
> > print out a few standard boilerplate pages of text
> > following the report proper? A composite DW came to
> > mind, but the existing report requires a number array
> > parameter and it appears that composite datawindows do
> not support that. Thx!
>


"Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel Posted on 2008-06-17 17:09:50.0Z
From: "Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel@yahoo!.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <4857c70e$1@forums-1-dub> <4857ea9f.2040.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: How to add static pages?
Lines: 29
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5512
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5512
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4857efde$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 17 Jun 2008 10:09:50 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1213722590 10.22.241.152 (17 Jun 2008 10:09:50 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 17 Jun 2008 10:09:50 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: TeamSybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:87200
Article PK: 416457

The simplest way to force a page break is with a synthetic group, on a
computed field or column. The "group" has one value for the main report,
another for the boilerplate, and start new group on new page set.

<Ken Breneman> wrote in message news:4857ea9f.2040.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Yes! Thank you! This works well. The one thing I'd like
> to be different is to somehow force the boilerplate stuff to
> begin on a new page. It's a standard static form that needs
> to be on a single page. Thanks again.
>
>> just put two embedded reports in a standard dw. The top
>> embedded report is your real report, the lower one is your
>> boilerplate. The main dw should join to a table that the
>> real report uses. The main dw's arguments are used to
>> pass as the arguments to the real report.
>>
>>
>>
>> "Ken Breneman" wrote in message
>> > news:4856aea2.6ea0.1681692777@sybase.com... Does anyone
>> > know how I can modify an existing report datawindow to
>> > print out a few standard boilerplate pages of text
>> > following the report proper? A composite DW came to
>> > mind, but the existing report requires a number array
>> > parameter and it appears that composite datawindows do
>> not support that. Thx!
>>


Ken Breneman Posted on 2008-06-21 05:36:38.0Z
Sender: 2890.485c8f7a.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Ken Breneman
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Re: How to add static pages?
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <485c9366.28d7.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <4857efde$1@forums-1-dub>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 20 Jun 2008 22:36:38 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1214026598 10.22.241.41 (20 Jun 2008 22:36:38 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 20 Jun 2008 22:36:38 -0700, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 34
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:87227
Article PK: 416484

Hey that's clever, Jerry. The boilerplate stuff is
beginning on a new page anyway now I think because it's a
good full page of text. I'll do some more testing and use
your "Group" trick if I need it. Thanks so much for the
ideas! This will work fine.

Just out of curiosity, what is the intended purpose of the
composite dw? When would one use a composite dw instead of
just embedding subreports like you suggested?

> The simplest way to force a page break is with a synthetic
> group, on a computed field or column. The "group" has one
> value for the main report, another for the boilerplate,
> and start new group on new page set.
>
>> Yes! Thank you!
>> This works well. The one thing I'd like to be
>> different is to somehow force the boilerplate stuff to
>> begin on a new page. It's a standard static form that
>> needs to be on a single page. Thanks again.
>>
>>> Just put two embedded reports in a standard dw. The top
>>> embedded report is your real report, the lower one
>>> is your boilerplate. The main dw should join to a table
>>> that the real report uses. The main dw's arguments
>>> are used to pass as the arguments to the real report.
>>>
>>>> Does anyone know how I can modify an existing report
>>>> datawindow to print out a few standard boilerplate
>>>> pages of text following the report proper? A
>>>> composite DW came to mind, but the existing report
>>>> requires a number array parameter and it appears that
>>>> composite datawindows do not support that. Thx!
>>>>


"Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel Posted on 2008-06-23 12:29:08.0Z
From: "Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel@yahoo!.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <4857efde$1@forums-1-dub> <485c9366.28d7.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: How to add static pages?
Lines: 41
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5512
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5512
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <485f9714@forums-1-dub>
Date: 23 Jun 2008 05:29:08 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1214224148 10.22.241.152 (23 Jun 2008 05:29:08 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 23 Jun 2008 05:29:08 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: TeamSybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:87235
Article PK: 416492

That's a Frequently Answered Question ;-)
Composites are often used for complex reports where different result sets
and/or different styles (group, graph...) need to appear on the same page.

<Ken Breneman> wrote in message news:485c9366.28d7.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hey that's clever, Jerry. The boilerplate stuff is
> beginning on a new page anyway now I think because it's a
> good full page of text. I'll do some more testing and use
> your "Group" trick if I need it. Thanks so much for the
> ideas! This will work fine.
>
> Just out of curiosity, what is the intended purpose of the
> composite dw? When would one use a composite dw instead of
> just embedding subreports like you suggested?
>
>> The simplest way to force a page break is with a synthetic
>> group, on a computed field or column. The "group" has one
>> value for the main report, another for the boilerplate,
>> and start new group on new page set.
>>
>>> Yes! Thank you!
>>> This works well. The one thing I'd like to be
>>> different is to somehow force the boilerplate stuff to
>>> begin on a new page. It's a standard static form that
>>> needs to be on a single page. Thanks again.
>>>
>>>> Just put two embedded reports in a standard dw. The top
>>>> embedded report is your real report, the lower one
>>>> is your boilerplate. The main dw should join to a table
>>>> that the real report uses. The main dw's arguments
>>>> are used to pass as the arguments to the real report.
>>>>
>>>>> Does anyone know how I can modify an existing report
>>>>> datawindow to print out a few standard boilerplate
>>>>> pages of text following the report proper? A
>>>>> composite DW came to mind, but the existing report
>>>>> requires a number array parameter and it appears that
>>>>> composite datawindows do not support that. Thx!
>>>>>


Millard F. Brown III Posted on 2008-06-17 14:51:00.0Z
From: "Millard F. Brown III" <millard.brown@teamsybase.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <4856aea2.6ea0.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: How to add static pages?
Lines: 15
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3138
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3198
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4857cf54$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 17 Jun 2008 07:51:00 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1213714260 10.22.241.152 (17 Jun 2008 07:51:00 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 17 Jun 2008 07:51:00 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: TeamSybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:87196
Article PK: 416453

Is there some reason the boilerplate can't be in the footer?

--
Regards,
Millard [TeamSybase]

<Ken Breneman> wrote in message news:4856aea2.6ea0.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Does anyone know how I can modify an existing report
> datawindow to print out a few standard boilerplate pages of
> text following the report proper? A composite DW came to
> mind, but the existing report requires a number array
> parameter and it appears that composite datawindows do not
> support that. Thx!


"Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel Posted on 2008-06-17 15:03:45.0Z
From: "Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel@yahoo!.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <4856aea2.6ea0.1681692777@sybase.com> <4857cf54$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: How to add static pages?
Lines: 22
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5512
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5512
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4857d251@forums-1-dub>
Date: 17 Jun 2008 08:03:45 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1213715025 10.22.241.152 (17 Jun 2008 08:03:45 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 17 Jun 2008 08:03:45 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: TeamSybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:87197
Article PK: 416454

Did you mean Summary? Footer is on each page.

"Millard F. Brown III" <millard.brown@teamsybase.com> wrote in message
news:4857cf54$1@forums-1-dub...
> Is there some reason the boilerplate can't be in the footer?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Millard [TeamSybase]
>
> <Ken Breneman> wrote in message
> news:4856aea2.6ea0.1681692777@sybase.com...
>> Does anyone know how I can modify an existing report
>> datawindow to print out a few standard boilerplate pages of
>> text following the report proper? A composite DW came to
>> mind, but the existing report requires a number array
>> parameter and it appears that composite datawindows do not
>> support that. Thx!
>
>


Millard F. Brown III Posted on 2008-06-17 18:50:54.0Z
From: "Millard F. Brown III" <millard.brown@teamsybase.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <4856aea2.6ea0.1681692777@sybase.com> <4857cf54$1@forums-1-dub> <4857d251@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: How to add static pages?
Lines: 32
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3138
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3198
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4858078e$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 17 Jun 2008 11:50:54 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1213728654 10.22.241.152 (17 Jun 2008 11:50:54 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 17 Jun 2008 11:50:54 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: TeamSybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:87201
Article PK: 416458

Doh! Yes.

--
Regards,
Millard [TeamSybase]

"Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel@yahoo!.com> wrote in message
news:4857d251@forums-1-dub...
> Did you mean Summary? Footer is on each page.
>
> "Millard F. Brown III" <millard.brown@teamsybase.com> wrote in message
> news:4857cf54$1@forums-1-dub...
>> Is there some reason the boilerplate can't be in the footer?
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Millard [TeamSybase]
>>
>> <Ken Breneman> wrote in message
>> news:4856aea2.6ea0.1681692777@sybase.com...
>>> Does anyone know how I can modify an existing report
>>> datawindow to print out a few standard boilerplate pages of
>>> text following the report proper? A composite DW came to
>>> mind, but the existing report requires a number array
>>> parameter and it appears that composite datawindows do not
>>> support that. Thx!
>>
>>
>
>