Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

DW - vertical line

6 posts in DataWindow Last posting was on 2008-07-08 12:14:32.0Z
John Posted on 2008-07-07 11:11:50.0Z
Sender: 2925.4871f975.1804289383@sybase.com
From: John
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: DW - vertical line
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4871f9f6.2938.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 7 Jul 2008 04:11:50 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1215429110 10.22.241.41 (7 Jul 2008 04:11:50 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 7 Jul 2008 04:11:50 -0700, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 19
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:87318
Article PK: 416576

Hi all,

I have a simple dw , header - detail - footer.

Now my customer wants a "box" around the whole page. The
horizontal lines are not giving me any problems, but the
vertical ones are.

How can i create a vertical line that spans from the header
over the detail to the footer ?

I've tried with one in the header, one in the detail band,
and one in the footer band. But the line doesnt show as a
full complete line , but its "interrupted".

Any solution ?

TIA
John


Chris Pollach Posted on 2008-07-07 12:21:45.0Z
From: "Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <4871f9f6.2938.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: DW - vertical line
Lines: 43
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3138
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3198
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <48720a59$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 7 Jul 2008 05:21:45 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1215433305 10.22.241.152 (7 Jul 2008 05:21:45 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 7 Jul 2008 05:21:45 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:87319
Article PK: 416575

Hi John;

Suggestion...

1) Create an image of a full page rectangle (MSPaint, etc).
2) Save the image as a JPG (or equivalent)
3) Add the Image as a picture to the DWO.
4) Place the picture in the background layer (not the band layer) <=
**Key**

That has always been the easiest way for me! :-)

HTH


--
Regards ... Chris
ISUG - NA RUG Director
http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com

<John> wrote in message news:4871f9f6.2938.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I have a simple dw , header - detail - footer.
>
> Now my customer wants a "box" around the whole page. The
> horizontal lines are not giving me any problems, but the
> vertical ones are.
>
> How can i create a vertical line that spans from the header
> over the detail to the footer ?
>
> I've tried with one in the header, one in the detail band,
> and one in the footer band. But the line doesnt show as a
> full complete line , but its "interrupted".
>
> Any solution ?
>
> TIA
> John


John Posted on 2008-07-07 13:08:14.0Z
Sender: 2925.4871f975.1804289383@sybase.com
From: John
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Re: DW - vertical line
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4872153e.2c5c.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <48720a59$1@forums-1-dub>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 7 Jul 2008 06:08:14 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1215436094 10.22.241.41 (7 Jul 2008 06:08:14 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 7 Jul 2008 06:08:14 -0700, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 54
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:87320
Article PK: 416577

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply, but this is to me a real work-around,
in the real meaning of the word.

Although i prefer using the line objects, i will keep this
solution as the last way out ...


TIA
John

> Hi John;
>
> Suggestion...
>
> 1) Create an image of a full page rectangle (MSPaint,
> etc). 2) Save the image as a JPG (or equivalent)
> 3) Add the Image as a picture to the DWO.
> 4) Place the picture in the background layer (not the
> band layer) <= **Key**
>
> That has always been the easiest way for me! :-)
>
> HTH
>
>
> --
> Regards ... Chris
> ISUG - NA RUG Director
> http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
>
>
> <John> wrote in message
> > news:4871f9f6.2938.1681692777@sybase.com... Hi all,
> >
> > I have a simple dw , header - detail - footer.
> >
> > Now my customer wants a "box" around the whole page.
> > The horizontal lines are not giving me any problems, but
> > the vertical ones are.
> >
> > How can i create a vertical line that spans from the
> > header over the detail to the footer ?
> >
> > I've tried with one in the header, one in the detail
> > band, and one in the footer band. But the line doesnt
> > show as a full complete line , but its "interrupted".
> >
> > Any solution ?
> >
> > TIA
> > John
>
>


"Jason 'Bug' Fenter [TeamSybase]" <NO_SPAMMING_jason.fenter_ Posted on 2008-07-07 13:55:49.0Z
From: "Jason 'Bug' Fenter [TeamSybase]" <NO_SPAMMING_jason.fenter_@_teamsybase.com>
User-Agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.14 (Windows/20080421)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Re: DW - vertical line
References: <48720a59$1@forums-1-dub> <4872153e.2c5c.1681692777@sybase.com>
In-Reply-To: <4872153e.2c5c.1681692777@sybase.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <48722065$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 7 Jul 2008 06:55:49 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1215438949 10.22.241.152 (7 Jul 2008 06:55:49 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 7 Jul 2008 06:55:49 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 61
X-Authenticated-User: teamsybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:87322
Article PK: 416579

I have used the "line" method without a problem before.You might try
using a negative value for the Y1 property and a value greater than the
detail band height for the Y2 property. You'll have to adjust your
header and footer lines a small bit and include part of the vertical
lines in them, but it shouldn't be too much.

John wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> Thanks for your reply, but this is to me a real work-around,
> in the real meaning of the word.
>
> Although i prefer using the line objects, i will keep this
> solution as the last way out ...
>
>
> TIA
> John
>> Hi John;
>>
>> Suggestion...
>>
>> 1) Create an image of a full page rectangle (MSPaint,
>> etc). 2) Save the image as a JPG (or equivalent)
>> 3) Add the Image as a picture to the DWO.
>> 4) Place the picture in the background layer (not the
>> band layer) <= **Key**
>>
>> That has always been the easiest way for me! :-)
>>
>> HTH
>>
>>
>> --
>> Regards ... Chris
>> ISUG - NA RUG Director
>> http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
>>
>>
>> <John> wrote in message
>>> news:4871f9f6.2938.1681692777@sybase.com... Hi all,
>>>
>>> I have a simple dw , header - detail - footer.
>>>
>>> Now my customer wants a "box" around the whole page.
>>> The horizontal lines are not giving me any problems, but
>>> the vertical ones are.
>>>
>>> How can i create a vertical line that spans from the
>>> header over the detail to the footer ?
>>>
>>> I've tried with one in the header, one in the detail
>>> band, and one in the footer band. But the line doesnt
>>> show as a full complete line , but its "interrupted".
>>>
>>> Any solution ?
>>>
>>> TIA
>>> John
>>


PascalB Posted on 2008-07-08 12:14:32.0Z
From: "PascalB" <test@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <48720a59$1@forums-1-dub> <4872153e.2c5c.1681692777@sybase.com> <48722065$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: DW - vertical line
Lines: 78
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3138
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3198
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <48735a28$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 8 Jul 2008 05:14:32 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1215519272 10.22.241.152 (8 Jul 2008 05:14:32 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 8 Jul 2008 05:14:32 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:87331
Article PK: 416588

Hi,

Why not putting the line to it's maximum height and put it in the back- or
foreground of the datawindow?
In this case, it's independent on the number of rows in the detail.

This is how we do it on our invoice layouts ;o)

Cheers,
PascalB


"Jason 'Bug' Fenter [TeamSybase]"

<NO_SPAMMING_jason.fenter_@_teamsybase.com> wrote in message
news:48722065$1@forums-1-dub...
>I have used the "line" method without a problem before.You might try using
>a negative value for the Y1 property and a value greater than the detail
>band height for the Y2 property. You'll have to adjust your header and
>footer lines a small bit and include part of the vertical lines in them,
>but it shouldn't be too much.
>
>
> John wrote:
>> Hi Chris,
>>
>> Thanks for your reply, but this is to me a real work-around,
>> in the real meaning of the word.
>>
>> Although i prefer using the line objects, i will keep this solution as
>> the last way out ...
>>
>>
>> TIA
>> John
>>> Hi John;
>>>
>>> Suggestion...
>>>
>>> 1) Create an image of a full page rectangle (MSPaint,
>>> etc). 2) Save the image as a JPG (or equivalent)
>>> 3) Add the Image as a picture to the DWO.
>>> 4) Place the picture in the background layer (not the
>>> band layer) <= **Key**
>>>
>>> That has always been the easiest way for me! :-)
>>>
>>> HTH
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards ... Chris
>>> ISUG - NA RUG Director
>>> http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
>>>
>>>
>>> <John> wrote in message
>>>> news:4871f9f6.2938.1681692777@sybase.com... Hi all,
>>>>
>>>> I have a simple dw , header - detail - footer.
>>>>
>>>> Now my customer wants a "box" around the whole page.
>>>> The horizontal lines are not giving me any problems, but
>>>> the vertical ones are.
>>>>
>>>> How can i create a vertical line that spans from the
>>>> header over the detail to the footer ?
>>>>
>>>> I've tried with one in the header, one in the detail
>>>> band, and one in the footer band. But the line doesnt
>>>> show as a full complete line , but its "interrupted".
>>>>
>>>> Any solution ?
>>>>
>>>> TIA
>>>> John
>>>


Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] Posted on 2008-07-07 13:50:24.0Z
From: "Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Re: DW - vertical line
Reply-To: NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com
Message-ID: <ep747492gngt2eat247cutre50884mkbnn@4ax.com>
References: <4871f9f6.2938.1681692777@sybase.com>
X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 2.0/32.652
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Date: 7 Jul 2008 06:50:24 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1215438624 10.22.241.152 (7 Jul 2008 06:50:24 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 7 Jul 2008 06:50:24 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 26
X-Authenticated-User: TeamSybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:87321
Article PK: 416578

That's the approach I use. Make sure that the line is taller than the
detail band and start it out with a negative Y value.

On 7 Jul 2008 04:11:50 -0700, John wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I have a simple dw , header - detail - footer.
>
>Now my customer wants a "box" around the whole page. The
>horizontal lines are not giving me any problems, but the
>vertical ones are.
>
>How can i create a vertical line that spans from the header
>over the detail to the footer ?
>
>I've tried with one in the header, one in the detail band,
>and one in the footer band. But the line doesnt show as a
>full complete line , but its "interrupted".
>
>Any solution ?
>
>TIA
>John