Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Does Afaria SMS Integration Suite support SCCM 2007?

4 posts in General Last posting was on 2008-07-10 14:30:37.0Z
Larry Posted on 2008-07-07 14:23:54.0Z
Sender: 2b88.48720eb4.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Larry
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.afaria.general
Subject: Does Afaria SMS Integration Suite support SCCM 2007?
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <487226fa.2e90.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 7 Jul 2008 07:23:54 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1215440634 10.22.241.41 (7 Jul 2008 07:23:54 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 7 Jul 2008 07:23:54 -0700, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 3
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.afaria.general:73
Article PK: 105

Just recently found out that we will be moving to SCCM 2007
and was wondering if the Afaria SMS integration Suite worked
with it.


Christopher Heeter Posted on 2008-07-07 14:30:20.0Z
Reply-To: "Christopher Heeter" <SybaseiAnywhere@Live.com>
From: "Christopher Heeter" <SybaseiAnywhere@Live.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.afaria.general
References: <487226fa.2e90.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: Does Afaria SMS Integration Suite support SCCM 2007?
Lines: 79
Organization: Sybase iAnywhere
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5512
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5512
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4872287c$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 7 Jul 2008 07:30:20 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1215441020 10.22.241.152 (7 Jul 2008 07:30:20 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 7 Jul 2008 07:30:20 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.afaria.general:75
Article PK: 187

Larry,
Officially, the SMS Integration Suite only supports SMS 2003 SP2 with
the Device Management Feature Pack installed. Also not that the Integration
Suite is only for handheld devices and not the Win32 platform.


Here is a snippet from the Afaria 5.5 Release Notes:

Afaria in your SMS environment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This topic applies only for Afaria SMS Integration Suite customers.

Afaria integration with Microsoft Systems Management Server (SMS) occurs on
a server-by-server basis. Plan to install your Afaria SMS Integration Suite
components in your SMS environment according to the following structure:

a.. Afaria Server - Install once on each SMS server that will support
Afaria Clients.
b.. Afaria Administrator - Install once on any computer that you plan to
use for Afaria administration. The computer you install on is not required
to have any installed SMS components.
c.. Afaria SMS Extensions - Install once on each computer that hosts the
SMS Administrator Console.
Verify that each SMS server that will support Afaria Clients meets the
following criteria:

a.. SMS is Version 2003 SP2 with Device Management Feature Pack installed.
b.. SMS site properties must have both the Management Point and Device
Management Point attributes on the Management Point property page enabled.


Installing Afaria SMS Integration Suite prompts SMS to extend its
database schema as part of the integration. SMS does not reverse this action
when you uninstall Afaria SMS Integration Suite. You may want to consider
backing up your SMS database prior to starting the Afaria SMS Integration
Suite installation.





Thanks,
Chris

<Larry> wrote in message news:487226fa.2e90.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Just recently found out that we will be moving to SCCM 2007
> and was wondering if the Afaria SMS integration Suite worked
> with it.

Pencil.gif

Larry Posted on 2008-07-08 18:16:46.0Z
Sender: 2b88.48720eb4.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Larry
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.afaria.general
Subject: Re: Does Afaria SMS Integration Suite support SCCM 2007?
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4873af0e.6823.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <4872287c$1@forums-1-dub>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 8 Jul 2008 11:16:46 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1215541006 10.22.241.41 (8 Jul 2008 11:16:46 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 8 Jul 2008 11:16:46 -0700, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 67
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.afaria.general:83
Article PK: 198

Thanks for the answer. Now for my next question, will
iAnywhere be moving to support SCCM 2007? We only use
Afaria for handheld devices and no Win32 (other products
used to manage them).

> Larry,
> Officially, the SMS Integration Suite only supports
> SMS 2003 SP2 with the Device Management Feature Pack
> installed. Also not that the Integration Suite is only
> for handheld devices and not the Win32 platform.
>
>
> Here is a snippet from the Afaria 5.5 Release Notes:
>
> Afaria in your SMS environment
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------
> ----------------------
>
> This topic applies only for Afaria SMS Integration
> Suite customers.
>
> Afaria integration with Microsoft Systems Management
> Server (SMS) occurs on a server-by-server basis. Plan to
> install your Afaria SMS Integration Suite components in
> your SMS environment according to the following structure:
>
> a.. Afaria Server - Install once on each SMS server that
> will support Afaria Clients.
> b.. Afaria Administrator - Install once on any computer
> that you plan to use for Afaria administration. The
> computer you install on is not required to have any
> installed SMS components.
> c.. Afaria SMS Extensions - Install once on each
> computer that hosts the SMS Administrator Console.
> Verify that each SMS server that will support Afaria
> Clients meets the following criteria:
>
> a.. SMS is Version 2003 SP2 with Device Management
> Feature Pack installed.
> b.. SMS site properties must have both the Management
> Point and Device Management Point attributes on the
> Management Point property page enabled.
>
>
> Installing Afaria SMS Integration Suite prompts SMS
> to extend its database schema as part of the integration.
> SMS does not reverse this action when you uninstall
> Afaria SMS Integration Suite. You may want to consider
> backing up your SMS database prior to starting the Afaria
> SMS Integration Suite installation.
>
>
>
>
>
> Thanks,
> Chris
>
> <Larry> wrote in message
> > news:487226fa.2e90.1681692777@sybase.com... Just
> > recently found out that we will be moving to SCCM 2007
> and was wondering if the Afaria SMS integration Suite
> > worked with it.
>
>
>
> [Attachment: Pencil.gif]


Christopher Heeter Posted on 2008-07-10 14:30:37.0Z
Reply-To: "Christopher Heeter" <SybaseiAnywhere@Live.com>
From: "Christopher Heeter" <SybaseiAnywhere@Live.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.afaria.general
References: <4872287c$1@forums-1-dub> <4873af0e.6823.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: Does Afaria SMS Integration Suite support SCCM 2007?
Lines: 77
Organization: Sybase iAnywhere
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5512
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5512
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <48761d0d$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 10 Jul 2008 07:30:37 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1215700237 10.22.241.152 (10 Jul 2008 07:30:37 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 10 Jul 2008 07:30:37 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.afaria.general:90
Article PK: 210

Larry,
I have forwarded you question to the Afaria Product Management team.
They will reply to this post.

Thanks,
Chris

<Larry> wrote in message news:4873af0e.6823.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Thanks for the answer. Now for my next question, will
> iAnywhere be moving to support SCCM 2007? We only use
> Afaria for handheld devices and no Win32 (other products
> used to manage them).
>> Larry,
>> Officially, the SMS Integration Suite only supports
>> SMS 2003 SP2 with the Device Management Feature Pack
>> installed. Also not that the Integration Suite is only
>> for handheld devices and not the Win32 platform.
>>
>>
>> Here is a snippet from the Afaria 5.5 Release Notes:
>>
>> Afaria in your SMS environment
>>
>> ----------------------------------------------------------
>> ----------------------
>>
>> This topic applies only for Afaria SMS Integration
>> Suite customers.
>>
>> Afaria integration with Microsoft Systems Management
>> Server (SMS) occurs on a server-by-server basis. Plan to
>> install your Afaria SMS Integration Suite components in
>> your SMS environment according to the following structure:
>>
>> a.. Afaria Server - Install once on each SMS server that
>> will support Afaria Clients.
>> b.. Afaria Administrator - Install once on any computer
>> that you plan to use for Afaria administration. The
>> computer you install on is not required to have any
>> installed SMS components.
>> c.. Afaria SMS Extensions - Install once on each
>> computer that hosts the SMS Administrator Console.
>> Verify that each SMS server that will support Afaria
>> Clients meets the following criteria:
>>
>> a.. SMS is Version 2003 SP2 with Device Management
>> Feature Pack installed.
>> b.. SMS site properties must have both the Management
>> Point and Device Management Point attributes on the
>> Management Point property page enabled.
>>
>>
>> Installing Afaria SMS Integration Suite prompts SMS
>> to extend its database schema as part of the integration.
>> SMS does not reverse this action when you uninstall
>> Afaria SMS Integration Suite. You may want to consider
>> backing up your SMS database prior to starting the Afaria
>> SMS Integration Suite installation.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Chris
>>
>> <Larry> wrote in message
>> > news:487226fa.2e90.1681692777@sybase.com... Just
>> > recently found out that we will be moving to SCCM 2007
>> and was wondering if the Afaria SMS integration Suite
>> > worked with it.
>>
>>
>>
>> [Attachment: Pencil.gif]