Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Getting the right location on a dw

4 posts in DataWindow Last posting was on 2008-08-14 16:47:01.0Z
Alex Posted on 2008-08-14 00:31:10.0Z
Sender: 5f39.48a3778a.1804289383@sybase.com
From: alex
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Getting the right location on a dw
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <48a37cce.5fc6.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 13 Aug 2008 17:31:10 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1218673870 10.22.241.41 (13 Aug 2008 17:31:10 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 13 Aug 2008 17:31:10 -0700, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 37
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:87545
Article PK: 416801

Hi,

I have 2 dws, the master and details, the master has a list
of documents in a grid style DW.
when I double click on any of them, the detail win opens,
and let me change some data.
when I close this one, I refresh the master one to get the
updated data displayed.

but show me the document number 1, not the 450 were I did
the changes, some pages below.

I did this script to solve it :

eg. ID '000450'

1 st - after close the detail dw, retrive the data
2 nd - ll_row = dw_master.find ( id = 000450 ) to get the
row where I was before
3 rd - dw_master.setrow(ll_row),
dw_master.Scrolltorow(ll_row ) to come back to the row id
450.

that works, but always locate the row 450 at the top of the
dw.


I need a way to show the row ( I edited) at the same
location what ever row in the dw screen and not always on
the top cornner, please any suggestion.



T.I.A.


Alex


Harry Posted on 2008-08-14 01:40:52.0Z
From: "Harry" <nospam.harrylhy@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <48a37cce.5fc6.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: Getting the right location on a dw
Lines: 44
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1409
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1409
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <48a38d24@forums-1-dub>
Date: 13 Aug 2008 18:40:52 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1218678052 10.22.241.152 (13 Aug 2008 18:40:52 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 13 Aug 2008 18:40:52 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:87546
Article PK: 416802

In this case, I think you should use FirstRowOnPage to hold the top row first, then use ScrollToRow() to scroll to this
"FirstRowOnPage" row, that should be work. :)


<alex> ¦b¶l¥ó news:48a37cce.5fc6.1681692777@sybase.com ¤¤¼¶¼g...

> Hi,
>
> I have 2 dws, the master and details, the master has a list
> of documents in a grid style DW.
> when I double click on any of them, the detail win opens,
> and let me change some data.
> when I close this one, I refresh the master one to get the
> updated data displayed.
>
> but show me the document number 1, not the 450 were I did
> the changes, some pages below.
>
> I did this script to solve it :
>
> eg. ID '000450'
>
> 1 st - after close the detail dw, retrive the data
> 2 nd - ll_row = dw_master.find ( id = 000450 ) to get the
> row where I was before
> 3 rd - dw_master.setrow(ll_row),
> dw_master.Scrolltorow(ll_row ) to come back to the row id
> 450.
>
> that works, but always locate the row 450 at the top of the
> dw.
>
>
> I need a way to show the row ( I edited) at the same
> location what ever row in the dw screen and not always on
> the top cornner, please any suggestion.
>
>
>
> T.I.A.
>
>
> Alex


Harry Posted on 2008-08-14 01:47:09.0Z
From: "Harry" <nospam.harrylhy@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <48a37cce.5fc6.1681692777@sybase.com> <48a38d24@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: Getting the right location on a dw
Lines: 49
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1409
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1409
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <48a38e9d$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 13 Aug 2008 18:47:09 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1218678429 10.22.241.152 (13 Aug 2008 18:47:09 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 13 Aug 2008 18:47:09 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:87548
Article PK: 416804

ps: after scrolled to FirstRowOnPage, you may use SetRow() to scroll the row focus back to row 450 :)

"Harry" <nospam.harrylhy@gmail.com> ¦b¶l¥ó news:48a38d24@forums-1-dub ¤¤¼¶¼g...

> In this case, I think you should use FirstRowOnPage to hold the top row first, then use ScrollToRow() to scroll to this
> "FirstRowOnPage" row, that should be work. :)
>
>
> <alex> ¦b¶l¥ó news:48a37cce.5fc6.1681692777@sybase.com ¤¤¼¶¼g...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have 2 dws, the master and details, the master has a list
> > of documents in a grid style DW.
> > when I double click on any of them, the detail win opens,
> > and let me change some data.
> > when I close this one, I refresh the master one to get the
> > updated data displayed.
> >
> > but show me the document number 1, not the 450 were I did
> > the changes, some pages below.
> >
> > I did this script to solve it :
> >
> > eg. ID '000450'
> >
> > 1 st - after close the detail dw, retrive the data
> > 2 nd - ll_row = dw_master.find ( id = 000450 ) to get the
> > row where I was before
> > 3 rd - dw_master.setrow(ll_row),
> > dw_master.Scrolltorow(ll_row ) to come back to the row id
> > 450.
> >
> > that works, but always locate the row 450 at the top of the
> > dw.
> >
> >
> > I need a way to show the row ( I edited) at the same
> > location what ever row in the dw screen and not always on
> > the top cornner, please any suggestion.
> >
> >
> >
> > T.I.A.
> >
> >
> > Alex
>
>


Alex Posted on 2008-08-14 16:47:01.0Z
Sender: 74f2.48a44c39.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Alex
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Re: Getting the right location on a dw
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <48a46185.780f.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <48a38e9d$1@forums-1-dub>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 14 Aug 2008 09:47:01 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1218732421 10.22.241.41 (14 Aug 2008 09:47:01 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 14 Aug 2008 09:47:01 -0700, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 61
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:87550
Article PK: 416806

Thanks, you give me a great help.

Alex.

> ps: after scrolled to FirstRowOnPage, you may use SetRow()
> to scroll the row focus back to row 450 :)
>
> "Harry" <nospam.harrylhy@gmail.com> ¦b¶l¥ó
> > news:48a38d24@forums-1-dub ¤¤¼¶¼g... In this
case, I
> think you should use FirstRowOnPage to hold the top row
> > first, then use ScrollToRow() to scroll to this
> "FirstRowOnPage" row, that should be work. :) >
> >
> > <alex> ¦b¶l¥ó
news:48a37cce.5fc6.1681692777@sybase.com
> > > ¤¤¼¶¼g... Hi,
> > >
> > > I have 2 dws, the master and details, the master has a
> > > list of documents in a grid style DW.
> > > when I double click on any of them, the detail win
> > > opens, and let me change some data.
> > > when I close this one, I refresh the master one to get
> > > the updated data displayed.
> > >
> > > but show me the document number 1, not the 450 were I
> > > did the changes, some pages below.
> > >
> > > I did this script to solve it :
> > >
> > > eg. ID '000450'
> > >
> > > 1 st - after close the detail dw, retrive the data
> > > 2 nd - ll_row = dw_master.find ( id = 000450 ) to
get
> > > the row where I was before
> > > 3 rd - dw_master.setrow(ll_row),
> > > dw_master.Scrolltorow(ll_row ) to come back to the
> > > row id 450.
> > >
> > > that works, but always locate the row 450 at the top
> > > of the dw.
> > >
> > >
> > > I need a way to show the row ( I edited) at the same
> > > location what ever row in the dw screen and not always
> > > on the top cornner, please any suggestion.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > T.I.A.
> > >
> > >
> > > Alex
> >
> >
>
>