Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

saveas format pdf return -1

6 posts in DataWindow Last posting was on 2008-10-09 22:04:50.0Z
ednego Posted on 2008-10-08 18:35:23.0Z
Sender: 502b.48ecfcae.1804289383@sybase.com
From: ednego
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: saveas format pdf return -1
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <48ecfd6b.504e.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 8 Oct 2008 11:35:23 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1223490923 10.22.241.41 (8 Oct 2008 11:35:23 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 8 Oct 2008 11:35:23 -0700, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 11
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:87950
Article PK: 417208

Hello,

I've a problem with saveas format pdf with all datawindows
saveas pdf! return -1

I'm working in PB 10.5.2 Buil 7611 and the ghostscript is
8.54 install c:\program Files\gs\gs8.54\

Thanks for your response.

Ednego


Terry Dykstra [TeamSybase] Posted on 2008-10-09 14:09:32.0Z
Reply-To: "Terry Dykstra [TeamSybase]" <dontreply_tddykstra@forestoil.ca.x>
From: "Terry Dykstra [TeamSybase]" <tddykstra@forestoil.ca>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <48ecfd6b.504e.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: saveas format pdf return -1
Lines: 23
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3138
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3198
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <48ee109c@forums-1-dub>
Date: 9 Oct 2008 07:09:32 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1223561372 10.22.241.152 (9 Oct 2008 07:09:32 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 9 Oct 2008 07:09:32 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: TeamSybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:87956
Article PK: 417213

Do you have the "Sybase DataWindow PS" printer setup?

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
http://casexpress.sybase.com
product enhancement requests:
http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement

<ednego> wrote in message news:48ecfd6b.504e.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hello,
>
> I've a problem with saveas format pdf with all datawindows
> saveas pdf! return -1
>
> I'm working in PB 10.5.2 Buil 7611 and the ghostscript is
> 8.54 install c:\program Files\gs\gs8.54\
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> Ednego


ednego Posted on 2008-10-09 18:43:09.0Z
Sender: 502b.48ecfcae.1804289383@sybase.com
From: ednego
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Re: saveas format pdf return -1
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <48ee50bd.7b34.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <48ee109c@forums-1-dub>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 9 Oct 2008 11:43:09 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1223577789 10.22.241.41 (9 Oct 2008 11:43:09 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 9 Oct 2008 11:43:09 -0700, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 29
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:87962
Article PK: 417218

Excuse me, but what is "Sybase DataWindow PS" printer Septup
?

> Do you have the "Sybase DataWindow PS" printer setup?
>
> --
> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
> http://casexpress.sybase.com
> product enhancement requests:
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
> <ednego> wrote in message
> > news:48ecfd6b.504e.1681692777@sybase.com... Hello,
> >
> > I've a problem with saveas format pdf with all
> > datawindows saveas pdf! return -1
> >
> > I'm working in PB 10.5.2 Buil 7611 and the ghostscript
> > is 8.54 install c:\program Files\gs\gs8.54\
> >
> > Thanks for your response.
> >
> > Ednego
>
>


"Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel Posted on 2008-10-09 18:53:42.0Z
From: "Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel@yahoo!.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <48ee109c@forums-1-dub> <48ee50bd.7b34.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: saveas format pdf return -1
Lines: 41
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5512
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <48ee5336@forums-1-dub>
Date: 9 Oct 2008 11:53:42 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1223578422 10.22.241.152 (9 Oct 2008 11:53:42 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 9 Oct 2008 11:53:42 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: TeamSybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:87963
Article PK: 417219

It is a printer driver that produces a PostScript file that GhostScript can
process into a PDF. The necessary files are in C:\Program
Files\Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder\drivers - you will need to distribute that
folder with the application.
What should happen is that the "Sybase DataWindow PS" printer gets installed
the first time you do a SaveAs(PDF!), and you should see that in your list
of printers. The user must have authority to install a printer for this to
work, otherwise an administrator must install the printer.

<ednego> wrote in message news:48ee50bd.7b34.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Excuse me, but what is "Sybase DataWindow PS" printer Septup
> ?
>
>
>
>
>> Do you have the "Sybase DataWindow PS" printer setup?
>>
>> --
>> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
>> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
>> http://casexpress.sybase.com
>> product enhancement requests:
>> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>>
>> <ednego> wrote in message
>> > news:48ecfd6b.504e.1681692777@sybase.com... Hello,
>> >
>> > I've a problem with saveas format pdf with all
>> > datawindows saveas pdf! return -1
>> >
>> > I'm working in PB 10.5.2 Buil 7611 and the ghostscript
>> > is 8.54 install c:\program Files\gs\gs8.54\
>> >
>> > Thanks for your response.
>> >
>> > Ednego
>>
>>


ednego Posted on 2008-10-09 20:49:16.0Z
Sender: 502b.48ecfcae.1804289383@sybase.com
From: ednego
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Re: saveas format pdf return -1
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <48ee6e4c.7e65.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <48ee5336@forums-1-dub>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 9 Oct 2008 13:49:16 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1223585356 10.22.241.41 (9 Oct 2008 13:49:16 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 9 Oct 2008 13:49:16 -0700, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 61
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:87966
Article PK: 417223

Effectively i've this directory
C:\Program Files\Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder\drivers
with differents files.

But i've not "Sybase DataWindow PS" in y list of printer.

How to install that ?

For informations, i've install PDF4U and print OK to this
printer PDF but nothing with powerbuilder !!

Thanks for help.

> It is a printer driver that produces a PostScript file
> that GhostScript can process into a PDF. The necessary
> files are in C:\Program
> Files\Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder\drivers - you will need
> to distribute that folder with the application.
> What should happen is that the "Sybase DataWindow PS"
> printer gets installed the first time you do a
> SaveAs(PDF!), and you should see that in your list of
> printers. The user must have authority to install a
> printer for this to work, otherwise an administrator must
> install the printer.
>
> <ednego> wrote in message
> > news:48ee50bd.7b34.1681692777@sybase.com... Excuse me,
> > but what is "Sybase DataWindow PS" printer Septup ?
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >> Do you have the "Sybase DataWindow PS" printer setup?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> >> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
> >> http://casexpress.sybase.com
> >> product enhancement requests:
> >> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
> >>
> >> <ednego> wrote in message
> >> > news:48ecfd6b.504e.1681692777@sybase.com... Hello,
> >> >
> >> > I've a problem with saveas format pdf with all
> >> > datawindows saveas pdf! return -1
> >> >
> >> > I'm working in PB 10.5.2 Buil 7611 and the
> ghostscript >> > is 8.54 install c:\program
> Files\gs\gs8.54\ >> >
> >> > Thanks for your response.
> >> >
> >> > Ednego
> >>
> >>
>
>


Terry Dykstra [TeamSybase] Posted on 2008-10-09 22:04:50.0Z
Reply-To: "Terry Dykstra [TeamSybase]" <dontreply_tddykstra@forestoil.ca.x>
From: "Terry Dykstra [TeamSybase]" <tddykstra@forestoil.ca>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <48ee5336@forums-1-dub> <48ee6e4c.7e65.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: saveas format pdf return -1
Lines: 75
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3138
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3198
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <48ee8002$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 9 Oct 2008 15:04:50 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1223589890 10.22.241.152 (9 Oct 2008 15:04:50 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 9 Oct 2008 15:04:50 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: TeamSybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:87967
Article PK: 417221

Look in the Installation guide
(http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/topic/com.sybase.help.pb_10.5.pbeinst/pdf/pbeinst.pdf
), chapter 1, Before using PB Enterprise.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
http://casexpress.sybase.com
product enhancement requests:
http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement

<ednego> wrote in message news:48ee6e4c.7e65.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Effectively i've this directory
> C:\Program Files\Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder\drivers
> with differents files.
>
> But i've not "Sybase DataWindow PS" in y list of printer.
>
> How to install that ?
>
> For informations, i've install PDF4U and print OK to this
> printer PDF but nothing with powerbuilder !!
>
> Thanks for help.
>
>
>
>
>
>> It is a printer driver that produces a PostScript file
>> that GhostScript can process into a PDF. The necessary
>> files are in C:\Program
>> Files\Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder\drivers - you will need
>> to distribute that folder with the application.
>> What should happen is that the "Sybase DataWindow PS"
>> printer gets installed the first time you do a
>> SaveAs(PDF!), and you should see that in your list of
>> printers. The user must have authority to install a
>> printer for this to work, otherwise an administrator must
>> install the printer.
>>
>> <ednego> wrote in message
>> > news:48ee50bd.7b34.1681692777@sybase.com... Excuse me,
>> > but what is "Sybase DataWindow PS" printer Septup ?
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >> Do you have the "Sybase DataWindow PS" printer setup?
>> >>
>> >> --
>> >> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
>> >> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
>> >> http://casexpress.sybase.com
>> >> product enhancement requests:
>> >> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>> >>
>> >> <ednego> wrote in message
>> >> > news:48ecfd6b.504e.1681692777@sybase.com... Hello,
>> >> >
>> >> > I've a problem with saveas format pdf with all
>> >> > datawindows saveas pdf! return -1
>> >> >
>> >> > I'm working in PB 10.5.2 Buil 7611 and the
>> ghostscript >> > is 8.54 install c:\program
>> Files\gs\gs8.54\ >> >
>> >> > Thanks for your response.
>> >> >
>> >> > Ednego
>> >>
>> >>
>>
>>