Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Reading License Information - CAP License

4 posts in General Discussion Last posting was on 2008-11-21 18:51:59.0Z
mr kreps Posted on 2008-11-19 14:00:38.0Z
From: mr kreps <kreplin@sf-datentechnik.de>
User-Agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.17 (Windows/20080914)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Reading License Information - CAP License
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-15; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <49241c06$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 19 Nov 2008 06:00:38 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1227103238 10.22.241.152 (19 Nov 2008 06:00:38 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 19 Nov 2008 06:00:38 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 9
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:7162
Article PK: 5379

Hi!

I am using the Adaptive Server Anywhere 9.0.1 (1899).
I'm trying to get the Information if the used License is a CAP-License.
I've already tried the "SELECT property" with different properties
(LicensedCompany, LicensedUser, ...)

How can I get that information? Is there a possibility to get it via a
SQL-Statement?


Jeff Albion (Sybase iAnywhere) Posted on 2008-11-19 14:08:10.0Z
From: "Jeff Albion (Sybase iAnywhere)" <firstname.lastname@ianywhere.com>
User-Agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.17 (Windows/20080914)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Re: Reading License Information - CAP License
References: <49241c06$1@forums-1-dub>
In-Reply-To: <49241c06$1@forums-1-dub>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-15; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <49241dca@forums-1-dub>
Date: 19 Nov 2008 06:08:10 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1227103690 10.22.241.152 (19 Nov 2008 06:08:10 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 19 Nov 2008 06:08:10 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 26
X-Authenticated-User: techsupp
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:7163
Article PK: 5381


mr kreps wrote:
> I am using the Adaptive Server Anywhere 9.0.1 (1899).
> I'm trying to get the Information if the used License is a CAP-License.

What are you referring to when you mention a 'CAP-License'? The database
server comes in two license models - per seat or per CPU.

> I've already tried the "SELECT property" with different properties
> (LicensedCompany, LicensedUser, ...)

Try: SELECT property('LicenseType');

See:
http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals/sqlanywhere/0901/en/html/dbdaen9/00000768.htm

Regards,

--
Jeff Albion, SQL Anywhere Engineering
Sybase iAnywhere

iAnywhere Developer Community :
http://www.sybase.com/developer/library/sql-anywhere-techcorner
iAnywhere Documentation : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals
SQL Anywhere Patches and EBFs :
http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/summary.do?baseprod=144&client=ianywhere&timeframe=0


mr kreps Posted on 2008-11-21 10:35:34.0Z
From: mr kreps <kreplin@sf-datentechnik.de>
User-Agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.17 (Windows/20080914)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Re: Reading License Information - CAP License
References: <49241c06$1@forums-1-dub> <49241dca@forums-1-dub>
In-Reply-To: <49241dca@forums-1-dub>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-15; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <49268ef6@forums-1-dub>
Date: 21 Nov 2008 02:35:34 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1227263734 10.22.241.152 (21 Nov 2008 02:35:34 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 21 Nov 2008 02:35:34 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 29
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:7197
Article PK: 5413

I don't think of the license model.

We are software developer and we are using "certified application
partner" licenses. That means our customers are using the ASA. They've
got a "special" license for the ASA. Only our developed program can use
the ASA.

I want to know if I can get the information if the installed license for
the database is a CAP-license (maybe via SELECT property).

Jeff Albion (Sybase iAnywhere) schrieb:

> mr kreps wrote:
>> I am using the Adaptive Server Anywhere 9.0.1 (1899).
>> I'm trying to get the Information if the used License is a CAP-License.
>
> What are you referring to when you mention a 'CAP-License'? The database
> server comes in two license models - per seat or per CPU.
>
>> I've already tried the "SELECT property" with different properties
>> (LicensedCompany, LicensedUser, ...)
>
> Try: SELECT property('LicenseType');
>
> See:
> http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals/sqlanywhere/0901/en/html/dbdaen9/00000768.htm
>
>
> Regards,
>


Jeff Albion (Sybase iAnywhere) Posted on 2008-11-21 18:51:59.0Z
From: "Jeff Albion (Sybase iAnywhere)" <firstname.lastname@ianywhere.com>
User-Agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.18 (Windows/20081105)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Re: Reading License Information - CAP License
References: <49241c06$1@forums-1-dub> <49241dca@forums-1-dub> <49268ef6@forums-1-dub>
In-Reply-To: <49268ef6@forums-1-dub>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-15; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4927034f@forums-1-dub>
Date: 21 Nov 2008 10:51:59 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1227293519 10.22.241.152 (21 Nov 2008 10:51:59 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 21 Nov 2008 10:51:59 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 31
X-Authenticated-User: techsupp
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:7203
Article PK: 5418


mr kreps wrote:
> We are software developer and we are using "certified application
> partner" licenses. That means our customers are using the ASA. They've
> got a "special" license for the ASA. Only our developed program can use
> the ASA.

We typically refer to this mechanism as the "OEM Software" or the
"Authenticated Engine" - my apologies that I wasn't familiar with the
terminology that you were using.

> I want to know if I can get the information if the installed license for
> the database is a CAP-license (maybe via SELECT property).

We've added database and connection properties in a 9.0.2 EBF
(9.0.2.3675 and later) that will help you establish the OEM information
about the database and your current connection. For full details about
the enhancement, please see:

http://search.sybase.com/kbx/changerequests?bug_id=528793

Regards,

--
Jeff Albion, SQL Anywhere Engineering
Sybase iAnywhere

iAnywhere Developer Community :
http://www.sybase.com/developer/library/sql-anywhere-techcorner
iAnywhere Documentation : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals
SQL Anywhere Patches and EBFs :
http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/summary.do?baseprod=144&client=ianywhere&timeframe=0