Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Protect a row

6 posts in DataWindow Last posting was on 2008-12-09 19:38:17.0Z
The Other Mike Posted on 2008-12-09 14:29:06.0Z
From: "The Other Mike" <mdunlap@nospam.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Protect a row
Lines: 9
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=original
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Windows Mail 6.0.6001.18000
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.0.6001.18049
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <493e80b2$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 9 Dec 2008 06:29:06 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1228832946 10.22.241.152 (9 Dec 2008 06:29:06 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 9 Dec 2008 06:29:06 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:88354
Article PK: 417610

I am using PB 11.5 and I am trying to protect a row. In the DW, I have
created a computed column. If the value is set to 1, then the row is
protected. What I've done is added an if statement to each columns protect
attribute to check the computed field. It works great in the developement
environment but doesn't work in production. Anyone know why?

Thanks
Mike


M. Searer Posted on 2008-12-09 15:17:06.0Z
From: "M. Searer" <nospam@nospam.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <493e80b2$1@forums-1-dub>
In-Reply-To: <493e80b2$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: Protect a row
Lines: 12
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=response
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Windows Mail 6.0.6001.18000
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.0.6001.18049
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <493e8bf2@forums-1-dub>
Date: 9 Dec 2008 07:17:06 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1228835826 10.22.241.152 (9 Dec 2008 07:17:06 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 9 Dec 2008 07:17:06 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:88356
Article PK: 417609

do you do a groupcalc when you change the compute value?

"The Other Mike" <mdunlap@nospam.com> wrote in message news:493e80b2$1@forums-1-dub...
>I am using PB 11.5 and I am trying to protect a row. In the DW, I have
> created a computed column. If the value is set to 1, then the row is
> protected. What I've done is added an if statement to each columns protect
> attribute to check the computed field. It works great in the developement
> environment but doesn't work in production. Anyone know why?
>
> Thanks
> Mike
>


The Other Mike Posted on 2008-12-09 15:20:00.0Z
From: "The Other Mike" <mdunlap@nospam.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <493e80b2$1@forums-1-dub> <493e8bf2@forums-1-dub>
In-Reply-To: <493e8bf2@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: Protect a row
Lines: 18
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=response
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Windows Mail 6.0.6001.18000
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.0.6001.18049
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <493e8ca0@forums-1-dub>
Date: 9 Dec 2008 07:20:00 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1228836000 10.22.241.152 (9 Dec 2008 07:20:00 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 9 Dec 2008 07:20:00 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:88357
Article PK: 417611

I tried that first and then a sort and neither one worked.

"M. Searer" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:493e8bf2@forums-1-dub...
> do you do a groupcalc when you change the compute value?
>
> "The Other Mike" <mdunlap@nospam.com> wrote in message
> news:493e80b2$1@forums-1-dub...
>>I am using PB 11.5 and I am trying to protect a row. In the DW, I have
>>created a computed column. If the value is set to 1, then the row is
>>protected. What I've done is added an if statement to each columns
>>protect attribute to check the computed field. It works great in the
>>developement environment but doesn't work in production. Anyone know why?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Mike


M. Searer Posted on 2008-12-09 18:28:27.0Z
From: "M. Searer" <nospam@nospam.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <493e80b2$1@forums-1-dub> <493e8bf2@forums-1-dub> <493e8ca0@forums-1-dub>
In-Reply-To: <493e8ca0@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: Protect a row
Lines: 25
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=response
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Windows Mail 6.0.6001.18000
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.0.6001.18049
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <493eb8cb@forums-1-dub>
Date: 9 Dec 2008 10:28:27 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1228847307 10.22.241.152 (9 Dec 2008 10:28:27 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 9 Dec 2008 10:28:27 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:88363
Article PK: 417616

what exactly do you mean it doesn't work in the .exe
do you mean the protect doesn't change if you do a modify at runtime?

In other words, is the problem with the modify statement for the expression?

"The Other Mike" <mdunlap@nospam.com> wrote in message news:493e8ca0@forums-1-dub...
>I tried that first and then a sort and neither one worked.
>
>
> "M. Searer" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> news:493e8bf2@forums-1-dub...
>> do you do a groupcalc when you change the compute value?
>>
>> "The Other Mike" <mdunlap@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> news:493e80b2$1@forums-1-dub...
>>>I am using PB 11.5 and I am trying to protect a row. In the DW, I have
>>>created a computed column. If the value is set to 1, then the row is
>>>protected. What I've done is added an if statement to each columns
>>>protect attribute to check the computed field. It works great in the
>>>developement environment but doesn't work in production. Anyone know why?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Mike
>


The Other Mike Posted on 2008-12-09 19:38:17.0Z
From: "The Other Mike" <mdunlap@nospam.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <493e80b2$1@forums-1-dub> <493e8bf2@forums-1-dub> <493e8ca0@forums-1-dub> <493eb8cb@forums-1-dub>
In-Reply-To: <493eb8cb@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: Protect a row
Lines: 38
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=response
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Windows Mail 6.0.6001.18000
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.0.6001.18049
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <493ec929@forums-1-dub>
Date: 9 Dec 2008 11:38:17 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1228851497 10.22.241.152 (9 Dec 2008 11:38:17 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 9 Dec 2008 11:38:17 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:88364
Article PK: 417618

Not in the exe. It would work in development if I just had the datawindow
open. When I ran the app using my development PC, it wouldn't work. I got
it working using the dw_1.modify command. I thought it would work if I
created the "IF" statement inside the datawindow on the Protect.

thanks for all your help.

"M. Searer" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:493eb8cb@forums-1-dub...
> what exactly do you mean it doesn't work in the .exe
> do you mean the protect doesn't change if you do a modify at runtime?
>
> In other words, is the problem with the modify statement for the
> expression?
>
>
> "The Other Mike" <mdunlap@nospam.com> wrote in message
> news:493e8ca0@forums-1-dub...
>>I tried that first and then a sort and neither one worked.
>>
>>
>> "M. Searer" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> news:493e8bf2@forums-1-dub...
>>> do you do a groupcalc when you change the compute value?
>>>
>>> "The Other Mike" <mdunlap@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>> news:493e80b2$1@forums-1-dub...
>>>>I am using PB 11.5 and I am trying to protect a row. In the DW, I have
>>>>created a computed column. If the value is set to 1, then the row is
>>>>protected. What I've done is added an if statement to each columns
>>>>protect attribute to check the computed field. It works great in the
>>>>developement environment but doesn't work in production. Anyone know
>>>>why?
>>>>
>>>> Thanks
>>>> Mike
>>


Chris Pollach Posted on 2008-12-09 15:33:52.0Z
From: "Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <493e80b2$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: Protect a row
Lines: 26
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3138
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3350
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <493e8fe0$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 9 Dec 2008 07:33:52 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1228836832 10.22.241.152 (9 Dec 2008 07:33:52 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 9 Dec 2008 07:33:52 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:88358
Article PK: 417612

Hi Mike;

If it works from the IDE it should work from the EXE.

I would check to see if the PB runtime DLL's are the same between your
development environment and production. Weird things like this can happen if
they are mismatched.

--
Regards ... Chris
ISUG - NA RUG Director
http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com

"The Other Mike" <mdunlap@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:493e80b2$1@forums-1-dub...
>I am using PB 11.5 and I am trying to protect a row. In the DW, I have
>created a computed column. If the value is set to 1, then the row is
>protected. What I've done is added an if statement to each columns protect
>attribute to check the computed field. It works great in the developement
>environment but doesn't work in production. Anyone know why?
>
> Thanks
> Mike