Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

PB 11.5 ( 3050 ) - Datawindow Tooltip dynamically not working

7 posts in DataWindow Last posting was on 2008-12-29 16:43:05.0Z
Eddy Soeparmin Posted on 2008-12-29 14:55:56.0Z
Reply-To: "Eddy Soeparmin" <SoeparminE@MDAInc.co>
From: "Eddy Soeparmin" <SoeparminE@MDAInc.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: PB 11.5 ( 3050 ) - Datawindow Tooltip dynamically not working
Lines: 137
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_000_008E_01C9699B.8E03F080"
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5512
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4958e4fc$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 29 Dec 2008 06:55:56 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1230562556 10.22.241.152 (29 Dec 2008 06:55:56 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 29 Dec 2008 06:55:56 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:88473
Article PK: 417726

Hi,
 
I can't seem to get the Tooltip to work dynamically. I create a new custom DataWindow event ue_MouseMove and map it to pbm_dwnMouseMove. In that event I need to show the user the column name of a table when mouse hover it. I actually copy the Edit Source code for the hardcoded column since I can't get custom code to show column name.
 
Here's the code:
 
string ls_dwoType, ls_ColName, ls_Modify
 
// Make sure it has a row
if ( Row <= 0 ) or not isValid( dwo ) then return
 
ls_dwoType = dwo.Type
 
// Make sure the mouse is position at the column
if ( ls_dwoType <> 'column' ) then return
 
// Get column name
ls_ColName = dwo.name
 
// Currently testing to show the text "Last name" from Edit Source syntax
ls_Modify = 'tooltip.backcolor="134217752" tooltip.delay.initial="0" tooltip.delay.visible="32000" tooltip.enabled="1" tooltip.hasclosebutton="0" tooltip.icon="0" tooltip.isbubble="1" tooltip.maxwidth="0" tooltip.textcolor="134217751" tooltip.tip="Last Name" tooltip.title="" tooltip.transparency="0" transparency="0"'
 
// This is the code to show the column where commented out
//ls_Modify = this.Modify( ls_ColName + ".ToolTip.Enabled=yes" ) // Doesn't make any different when changing to tooltip.enabled="1"
//ls_Modify = this.Modify( ls_ColName + ".ToolTip.Title='Tooltip Title'" )
//ls_Modify = this.Modify( ls_ColName + ".ToolTip.Tip='" + ls_ColName + "'" )
 
What's wrong with my code?
 
Thanks.
 
XP - SP3
PB 11.5 ( 3050 )
 

--
Eddy Soeparmin


"Paul Horan[Sybase]" <phoran_remove Posted on 2008-12-29 15:16:18.0Z
From: "Paul Horan[Sybase]" <phoran_remove@remove_sybase.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <4958e4fc$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: PB 11.5 ( 3050 ) - Datawindow Tooltip dynamically not working
Lines: 60
Organization: Sybase
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5512
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4958e9c2$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 29 Dec 2008 07:16:18 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1230563778 10.22.241.152 (29 Dec 2008 07:16:18 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 29 Dec 2008 07:16:18 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: teamsybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:88474
Article PK: 417725

What error are you receiving?

(please don't post in HTML)

--
Paul Horan[Sybase]
paulhoran.pbdjmagazine.com


"Eddy Soeparmin" <SoeparminE@MDAInc.com> wrote in message
news:4958e4fc$1@forums-1-dub...
Hi,

I can't seem to get the Tooltip to work dynamically. I create a new custom
DataWindow event ue_MouseMove and map it to pbm_dwnMouseMove. In that event
I need to show the user the column name of a table when mouse hover it. I
actually copy the Edit Source code for the hardcoded column since I can't
get custom code to show column name.

Here's the code:

string ls_dwoType, ls_ColName, ls_Modify

// Make sure it has a row
if ( Row <= 0 ) or not isValid( dwo ) then return

ls_dwoType = dwo.Type

// Make sure the mouse is position at the column
if ( ls_dwoType <> 'column' ) then return

// Get column name
ls_ColName = dwo.name

// Currently testing to show the text "Last name" from Edit Source syntax
ls_Modify = 'tooltip.backcolor="134217752" tooltip.delay.initial="0"
tooltip.delay.visible="32000" tooltip.enabled="1" tooltip.hasclosebutton="0"
tooltip.icon="0" tooltip.isbubble="1" tooltip.maxwidth="0"
tooltip.textcolor="134217751" tooltip.tip="Last Name" tooltip.title=""
tooltip.transparency="0" transparency="0"'

// This is the code to show the column where commented out
//ls_Modify = this.Modify( ls_ColName + ".ToolTip.Enabled=yes" ) // Doesn't
make any different when changing to tooltip.enabled="1"
//ls_Modify = this.Modify( ls_ColName + ".ToolTip.Title='Tooltip Title'" )
//ls_Modify = this.Modify( ls_ColName + ".ToolTip.Tip='" + ls_ColName +
"'" )

What's wrong with my code?

Thanks.

XP - SP3
PB 11.5 ( 3050 )


--
Eddy Soeparmin


Eddy Soeparmin Posted on 2008-12-29 15:25:58.0Z
Reply-To: "Eddy Soeparmin" <SoeparminE@MDAInc.co>
From: "Eddy Soeparmin" <SoeparminE@MDAInc.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <4958e4fc$1@forums-1-dub> <4958e9c2$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: PB 11.5 ( 3050 ) - Datawindow Tooltip dynamically not working
Lines: 71
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5512
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4958ec06$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 29 Dec 2008 07:25:58 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1230564358 10.22.241.152 (29 Dec 2008 07:25:58 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 29 Dec 2008 07:25:58 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:88475
Article PK: 417728

It simply does not pop up tool tip. One thing I notice that when mouse hover
to a column, the focus ( blinking cursor ) stops. When hover to other than
"column" type the blinking returns.

--
Eddy Soeparmin

"Paul Horan[Sybase]" <phoran_remove@remove_sybase.com> wrote in message
news:4958e9c2$1@forums-1-dub...
> What error are you receiving?
>
> (please don't post in HTML)
>
> --
> Paul Horan[Sybase]
> paulhoran.pbdjmagazine.com
>
>
> "Eddy Soeparmin" <SoeparminE@MDAInc.com> wrote in message
> news:4958e4fc$1@forums-1-dub...
> Hi,
>
> I can't seem to get the Tooltip to work dynamically. I create a new custom
> DataWindow event ue_MouseMove and map it to pbm_dwnMouseMove. In that
> event I need to show the user the column name of a table when mouse hover
> it. I actually copy the Edit Source code for the hardcoded column since I
> can't get custom code to show column name.
>
> Here's the code:
>
> string ls_dwoType, ls_ColName, ls_Modify
>
> // Make sure it has a row
> if ( Row <= 0 ) or not isValid( dwo ) then return
>
> ls_dwoType = dwo.Type
>
> // Make sure the mouse is position at the column
> if ( ls_dwoType <> 'column' ) then return
>
> // Get column name
> ls_ColName = dwo.name
>
> // Currently testing to show the text "Last name" from Edit Source syntax
> ls_Modify = 'tooltip.backcolor="134217752" tooltip.delay.initial="0"
> tooltip.delay.visible="32000" tooltip.enabled="1"
> tooltip.hasclosebutton="0" tooltip.icon="0" tooltip.isbubble="1"
> tooltip.maxwidth="0" tooltip.textcolor="134217751" tooltip.tip="Last Name"
> tooltip.title="" tooltip.transparency="0" transparency="0"'
>
> // This is the code to show the column where commented out
> //ls_Modify = this.Modify( ls_ColName + ".ToolTip.Enabled=yes" ) //
> Doesn't make any different when changing to tooltip.enabled="1"
> //ls_Modify = this.Modify( ls_ColName + ".ToolTip.Title='Tooltip Title'" )
> //ls_Modify = this.Modify( ls_ColName + ".ToolTip.Tip='" + ls_ColName +
> "'" )
>
> What's wrong with my code?
>
> Thanks.
>
> XP - SP3
> PB 11.5 ( 3050 )
>
>
> --
> Eddy Soeparmin
>


"Jason 'Bug' Fenter [TeamSybase]" <NO_SPAMMING_jason.fenter_ Posted on 2008-12-29 15:56:18.0Z
From: "Jason 'Bug' Fenter [TeamSybase]" <NO_SPAMMING_jason.fenter_@_teamsybase.com>
User-Agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.18 (Windows/20081105)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Re: PB 11.5 ( 3050 ) - Datawindow Tooltip dynamically not working
References: <4958e4fc$1@forums-1-dub>
In-Reply-To: <4958e4fc$1@forums-1-dub>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4958f322@forums-1-dub>
Date: 29 Dec 2008 07:56:18 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1230566178 10.22.241.152 (29 Dec 2008 07:56:18 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 29 Dec 2008 07:56:18 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 54
X-Authenticated-User: teamsybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:88476
Article PK: 417732

Where's the line of code that actually does the Modify? I see three
calls to the Modify method, but they are all commented out in the code
below. And I see one line where you build a modify string but you never
pass it to a Modify statement that I can see.

Eddy Soeparmin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can't seem to get the Tooltip to work dynamically. I create a new
> custom DataWindow event ue_MouseMove and map it to pbm_dwnMouseMove. In
> that event I need to show the user the column name of a table when mouse
> hover it. I actually copy the Edit Source code for the hardcoded column
> since I can't get custom code to show column name.
>
> Here's the code:
>
> string ls_dwoType, ls_ColName, ls_Modify
>
> // Make sure it has a row
> if ( Row <= 0 ) or not isValid( dwo ) then return
>
> ls_dwoType = dwo.Type
>
> // Make sure the mouse is position at the column
> if ( ls_dwoType <> 'column' ) then return
>
> // Get column name
> ls_ColName = dwo.name
>
> // Currently testing to show the text "Last name" from Edit Source syntax
> ls_Modify = 'tooltip.backcolor="134217752" tooltip.delay.initial="0"
> tooltip.delay.visible="32000" tooltip.enabled="1"
> tooltip.hasclosebutton="0" tooltip.icon="0" tooltip.isbubble="1"
> tooltip.maxwidth="0" tooltip.textcolor="134217751" tooltip.tip="Last
> Name" tooltip.title="" tooltip.transparency="0" transparency="0"'
>
> // This is the code to show the column where commented out
> //ls_Modify = this.Modify( ls_ColName + ".ToolTip.Enabled=yes" ) //
> Doesn't make any different when changing to tooltip.enabled="1"
> //ls_Modify = this.Modify( ls_ColName + ".ToolTip.Title='Tooltip Title'" )
> //ls_Modify = this.Modify( ls_ColName + ".ToolTip.Tip='" + ls_ColName +
> "'" )
>
> What's wrong with my code?
>
> Thanks.
>
> XP - SP3
> PB 11.5 ( 3050 )
>
>
> --
> Eddy Soeparmin


Eddy Soeparmin Posted on 2008-12-29 16:07:35.0Z
Reply-To: "Eddy Soeparmin" <SoeparminE@MDAInc.co>
From: "Eddy Soeparmin" <SoeparminE@MDAInc.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <4958e4fc$1@forums-1-dub> <4958f322@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: PB 11.5 ( 3050 ) - Datawindow Tooltip dynamically not working
Lines: 72
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5512
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4958f5c7$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 29 Dec 2008 08:07:35 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1230566855 10.22.241.152 (29 Dec 2008 08:07:35 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 29 Dec 2008 08:07:35 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:88477
Article PK: 417730

Good catch, I actually modify the code here in this email. Here's the
original code:

// Event: ue_mousemove : pbm_dwnMouseMove ]
string ls_dwoType, ls_ColName, ls_Modify

// Make sure it has a row
if ( Row <= 0 ) or not isValid( dwo ) then return

ls_dwoType = dwo.Type

// Make sure the mouse is position at the column
if ( ls_dwoType <> 'column' ) then return

// Get column name
ls_ColName = dwo.name

ls_Modify = this.Modify( ls_ColName + ".ToolTip.Enabled=yes" ) // Doesn't
make any different when changing to tooltip.enabled="1"
ls_Modify = this.Modify( ls_ColName + ".ToolTip.Title='Tooltip Title'" )
ls_Modify = this.Modify( ls_ColName + ".ToolTip.Tip='" + ls_ColName + "'" )

--
Eddy Soeparmin

"Jason 'Bug' Fenter [TeamSybase]"

<NO_SPAMMING_jason.fenter_@_teamsybase.com> wrote in message
news:4958f322@forums-1-dub...
> Where's the line of code that actually does the Modify? I see three calls
> to the Modify method, but they are all commented out in the code below.
> And I see one line where you build a modify string but you never pass it
> to a Modify statement that I can see.
>
>
> Eddy Soeparmin wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I can't seem to get the Tooltip to work dynamically. I create a new
>> custom DataWindow event ue_MouseMove and map it to pbm_dwnMouseMove. In
>> that event I need to show the user the column name of a table when mouse
>> hover it. I actually copy the Edit Source code for the hardcoded column
>> since I can't get custom code to show column name.
>> Here's the code:
>> string ls_dwoType, ls_ColName, ls_Modify
>> // Make sure it has a row
>> if ( Row <= 0 ) or not isValid( dwo ) then return
>> ls_dwoType = dwo.Type
>> // Make sure the mouse is position at the column
>> if ( ls_dwoType <> 'column' ) then return
>> // Get column name
>> ls_ColName = dwo.name
>> // Currently testing to show the text "Last name" from Edit Source
>> syntax
>> ls_Modify = 'tooltip.backcolor="134217752" tooltip.delay.initial="0"
>> tooltip.delay.visible="32000" tooltip.enabled="1"
>> tooltip.hasclosebutton="0" tooltip.icon="0" tooltip.isbubble="1"
>> tooltip.maxwidth="0" tooltip.textcolor="134217751" tooltip.tip="Last
>> Name" tooltip.title="" tooltip.transparency="0" transparency="0"'
>> // This is the code to show the column where commented out
>> //ls_Modify = this.Modify( ls_ColName + ".ToolTip.Enabled=yes" ) //
>> Doesn't make any different when changing to tooltip.enabled="1"
>> //ls_Modify = this.Modify( ls_ColName + ".ToolTip.Title='Tooltip
>> Title'" )
>> //ls_Modify = this.Modify( ls_ColName + ".ToolTip.Tip='" + ls_ColName +
>> "'" )
>> What's wrong with my code?
>> Thanks.
>> XP - SP3
>> PB 11.5 ( 3050 )
>> --
>> Eddy Soeparmin


"Jason 'Bug' Fenter [TeamSybase]" <NO_SPAMMING_jason.fenter_ Posted on 2008-12-29 16:22:49.0Z
From: "Jason 'Bug' Fenter [TeamSybase]" <NO_SPAMMING_jason.fenter_@_teamsybase.com>
User-Agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.18 (Windows/20081105)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Re: PB 11.5 ( 3050 ) - Datawindow Tooltip dynamically not working
References: <4958e4fc$1@forums-1-dub> <4958f322@forums-1-dub> <4958f5c7$1@forums-1-dub>
In-Reply-To: <4958f5c7$1@forums-1-dub>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4958f959$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 29 Dec 2008 08:22:49 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1230567769 10.22.241.152 (29 Dec 2008 08:22:49 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 29 Dec 2008 08:22:49 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 42
X-Authenticated-User: teamsybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:88478
Article PK: 417731

The ".ToolTip.Enabled" property is an integer, according to the DWSyntax
utility. You say it doesn't make a difference when you set the property
to "1", but you have that "1" in quotes, making it a string value.

The crux of your problem, though, is that the MouseMove event fires even
when you're just hovering over a column. Because of that, your code is
constantly modifying the syntax, preventing the dw from having the
opportunity to display the tip. Add this line just before your modify
statements:
IF this.Describe( ls_ColName + ".ToolTip.Enabled") = "1" THEN RETURN


That says, "If tooltips are already turned on, then I have nothing more
to do." For me, that (and changing the ".ToolTip.Enabled" modify
statement to ".ToolTip.Enabled=1") gets the tooltips working on
everything EXCEPT the column that has focus.

Eddy Soeparmin wrote:
> Good catch, I actually modify the code here in this email. Here's the
> original code:
>
> // Event: ue_mousemove : pbm_dwnMouseMove ]
> string ls_dwoType, ls_ColName, ls_Modify
>
> // Make sure it has a row
> if ( Row <= 0 ) or not isValid( dwo ) then return
>
> ls_dwoType = dwo.Type
>
> // Make sure the mouse is position at the column
> if ( ls_dwoType <> 'column' ) then return
>
> // Get column name
> ls_ColName = dwo.name
>
> ls_Modify = this.Modify( ls_ColName + ".ToolTip.Enabled=yes" ) // Doesn't
> make any different when changing to tooltip.enabled="1"
> ls_Modify = this.Modify( ls_ColName + ".ToolTip.Title='Tooltip Title'" )
> ls_Modify = this.Modify( ls_ColName + ".ToolTip.Tip='" + ls_ColName + "'" )
>


Eddy Soeparmin Posted on 2008-12-29 16:43:05.0Z
Reply-To: "Eddy Soeparmin" <SoeparminE@MDAInc.co>
From: "Eddy Soeparmin" <SoeparminE@MDAInc.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <4958e4fc$1@forums-1-dub> <4958f322@forums-1-dub> <4958f5c7$1@forums-1-dub> <4958f959$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: PB 11.5 ( 3050 ) - Datawindow Tooltip dynamically not working
Lines: 53
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5512
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4958fe19$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 29 Dec 2008 08:43:05 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1230568985 10.22.241.152 (29 Dec 2008 08:43:05 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 29 Dec 2008 08:43:05 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:88479
Article PK: 417733

Sweet, that works. thanks Jason.

--
Eddy Soeparmin

"Jason 'Bug' Fenter [TeamSybase]"

<NO_SPAMMING_jason.fenter_@_teamsybase.com> wrote in message
news:4958f959$1@forums-1-dub...
> The ".ToolTip.Enabled" property is an integer, according to the DWSyntax
> utility. You say it doesn't make a difference when you set the property to
> "1", but you have that "1" in quotes, making it a string value.
>
> The crux of your problem, though, is that the MouseMove event fires even
> when you're just hovering over a column. Because of that, your code is
> constantly modifying the syntax, preventing the dw from having the
> opportunity to display the tip. Add this line just before your modify
> statements:
> IF this.Describe( ls_ColName + ".ToolTip.Enabled") = "1" THEN RETURN
>
>
> That says, "If tooltips are already turned on, then I have nothing more to
> do." For me, that (and changing the ".ToolTip.Enabled" modify statement to
> ".ToolTip.Enabled=1") gets the tooltips working on everything EXCEPT the
> column that has focus.
>
>
>
> Eddy Soeparmin wrote:
>> Good catch, I actually modify the code here in this email. Here's the
>> original code:
>>
>> // Event: ue_mousemove : pbm_dwnMouseMove ]
>> string ls_dwoType, ls_ColName, ls_Modify
>>
>> // Make sure it has a row
>> if ( Row <= 0 ) or not isValid( dwo ) then return
>>
>> ls_dwoType = dwo.Type
>>
>> // Make sure the mouse is position at the column
>> if ( ls_dwoType <> 'column' ) then return
>>
>> // Get column name
>> ls_ColName = dwo.name
>>
>> ls_Modify = this.Modify( ls_ColName + ".ToolTip.Enabled=yes" ) // Doesn't
>> make any different when changing to tooltip.enabled="1"
>> ls_Modify = this.Modify( ls_ColName + ".ToolTip.Title='Tooltip Title'" )
>> ls_Modify = this.Modify( ls_ColName + ".ToolTip.Tip='" + ls_ColName +
>> "'" )
>>