Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

How to get value from dwo ?

8 posts in DataWindow Last posting was on 2009-02-16 16:36:10.0Z
Paula Posted on 2009-02-13 11:09:24.0Z
Reply-To: "Paula" <ft252@hotmail.com>
From: "Paula" <ft252@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: How to get value from dwo ?
Lines: 9
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5512
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <499554e4@forums-1-dub>
Date: 13 Feb 2009 03:09:24 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1234523364 10.22.241.152 (13 Feb 2009 03:09:24 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 13 Feb 2009 03:09:24 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:88791
Article PK: 418042

How to get value of some column in datawindow Item change,

My column name is start_date , end_date

Using dwo ? how I can get value by using dwo. ???

I am able to get value by getItemDateTime


Chris Werner Posted on 2009-02-13 11:47:31.0Z
From: "Chris Werner" <cwAT{PleaseNoSpam}f-s.de>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <499554e4@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: How to get value from dwo ?
Lines: 26
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5512
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <49955dd3@forums-1-dub>
Date: 13 Feb 2009 03:47:31 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1234525651 10.22.241.152 (13 Feb 2009 03:47:31 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 13 Feb 2009 03:47:31 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:88792
Article PK: 418043

Hi Paula,

for the item (ropw, column) which change is signalized by the
itemChanged event use the data argument of the event. For
other items use getItemDateTime

HTH

Chris Werner
f+s software gmbh



"Paula" <ft252@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:499554e4@forums-1-dub...

> How to get value of some column in datawindow Item change,
>
> My column name is start_date , end_date
>
> Using dwo ? how I can get value by using dwo. ???
>
> I am able to get value by getItemDateTime
>
>


Paula Posted on 2009-02-13 12:30:49.0Z
Reply-To: "Paula" <ft252@hotmail.com>
From: "Paula" <ft252@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <499554e4@forums-1-dub> <49955dd3@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: How to get value from dwo ?
Lines: 45
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5512
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <499567f9@forums-1-dub>
Date: 13 Feb 2009 04:30:49 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1234528249 10.22.241.152 (13 Feb 2009 04:30:49 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 13 Feb 2009 04:30:49 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:88796
Article PK: 418047

With data item i get value of column one but i want to do some calculation
so i need value of some other columns also



with do we have any other option to get value of column apart from getItem
method ...



and dot operation for dwo. ???

"Chris Werner" <cwAT{PleaseNoSpam}f-s.de> wrote in message
news:49955dd3@forums-1-dub...
> Hi Paula,
>
> for the item (ropw, column) which change is signalized by the
> itemChanged event use the data argument of the event. For
> other items use getItemDateTime
>
> HTH
>
> Chris Werner
> f+s software gmbh
>
>
>
> "Paula" <ft252@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:499554e4@forums-1-dub...
>> How to get value of some column in datawindow Item change,
>>
>> My column name is start_date , end_date
>>
>> Using dwo ? how I can get value by using dwo. ???
>>
>> I am able to get value by getItemDateTime
>>
>>
>
>


Chris Werner Posted on 2009-02-13 13:27:53.0Z
From: "Chris Werner" <cwAT{PleaseNoSpam}f-s.de>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <499554e4@forums-1-dub> <49955dd3@forums-1-dub> <499567f9@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: How to get value from dwo ?
Lines: 84
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5512
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <49957559$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 13 Feb 2009 05:27:53 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1234531673 10.22.241.152 (13 Feb 2009 05:27:53 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 13 Feb 2009 05:27:53 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:88799
Article PK: 418050

Hi Paula,

I'n not really sure what you want to achieve here. What's wrong
with getItemXXX() functions? Why do you insist on using this dwo
and some kind of dot notation?

Anyway - the dwo argument of the itemchanged event is a "reference
to the column containing the item whose value has been changed"
(cited from online help). That means using dot notation on that dwo
you are able to get values from the same column. For instance to get
the value of the column in the changed row use:

any lany_t
lany_t = dwo.primary.current[row]

where row is another argument of the itemchanged event. To get
values from the same column but other rows, use a row number
instead of the row argument. For the first row:

any lany_t
lany_t = dwo.primary.current[1]

To get values of other column use getItemXXX() or, if you don't
like that for what reason ever, use dot notation of the datawindow
control itself:

any lany_t
lany_t = this.object.start_date.primary.current[1]

HTH

Chris Werner
f+s software gmbh


"Paula" <ft252@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:499567f9@forums-1-dub...

> With data item i get value of column one but i want to do some
> calculation so i need value of some other columns also
>
>
>
> with do we have any other option to get value of column apart from getItem
> method ...
>
>
>
> and dot operation for dwo. ???
>
>
>
>
> "Chris Werner" <cwAT{PleaseNoSpam}f-s.de> wrote in message
> news:49955dd3@forums-1-dub...
>> Hi Paula,
>>
>> for the item (ropw, column) which change is signalized by the
>> itemChanged event use the data argument of the event. For
>> other items use getItemDateTime
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> Chris Werner
>> f+s software gmbh
>>
>>
>>
>> "Paula" <ft252@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> news:499554e4@forums-1-dub...
>>> How to get value of some column in datawindow Item change,
>>>
>>> My column name is start_date , end_date
>>>
>>> Using dwo ? how I can get value by using dwo. ???
>>>
>>> I am able to get value by getItemDateTime
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>


Terry Dykstra [TeamSybase] Posted on 2009-02-13 18:32:22.0Z
Reply-To: "Terry Dykstra [TeamSybase]" <dontreply_tddykstra@forestoil.ca.x>
From: "Terry Dykstra [TeamSybase]" <tddykstra@forestoil.ca>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <499554e4@forums-1-dub> <49955dd3@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: How to get value from dwo ?
Lines: 47
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3138
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3198
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4995bcb6$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 13 Feb 2009 10:32:22 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1234549942 10.22.241.152 (13 Feb 2009 10:32:22 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 13 Feb 2009 10:32:22 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: TeamSybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:88803
Article PK: 418056

You'll have to use a case statement to figure out which column is being
changed;

choose case dwo.name
case "col1"
// do something
case "col2"
// do something
end choose

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
http://casexpress.sybase.com
product enhancement requests:
http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement

"Chris Werner" <cwAT{PleaseNoSpam}f-s.de> wrote in message
news:49955dd3@forums-1-dub...
> Hi Paula,
>
> for the item (ropw, column) which change is signalized by the
> itemChanged event use the data argument of the event. For
> other items use getItemDateTime
>
> HTH
>
> Chris Werner
> f+s software gmbh
>
>
>
> "Paula" <ft252@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:499554e4@forums-1-dub...
>> How to get value of some column in datawindow Item change,
>>
>> My column name is start_date , end_date
>>
>> Using dwo ? how I can get value by using dwo. ???
>>
>> I am able to get value by getItemDateTime
>>
>>
>
>


"Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel Posted on 2009-02-13 19:05:40.0Z
From: "Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel@yahoo!.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <499554e4@forums-1-dub> <49955dd3@forums-1-dub> <4995bcb6$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: How to get value from dwo ?
Lines: 55
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5512
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4995c484$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 13 Feb 2009 11:05:40 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1234551940 10.22.241.152 (13 Feb 2009 11:05:40 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 13 Feb 2009 11:05:40 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: TeamSybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:88804
Article PK: 418057

To generalize the code you would need to CHOOSE CASE on dwo.ColType and do
the appropriate GetItemXXX (row, dwo.name) or cast the data argument
(string) to the appropriate type.

"Terry Dykstra [TeamSybase]" <tddykstra@forestoil.ca> wrote in message
news:4995bcb6$1@forums-1-dub...
> You'll have to use a case statement to figure out which column is being
> changed;
>
> choose case dwo.name
> case "col1"
> // do something
> case "col2"
> // do something
> end choose
>
> --
> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
> http://casexpress.sybase.com
> product enhancement requests:
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
> "Chris Werner" <cwAT{PleaseNoSpam}f-s.de> wrote in message
> news:49955dd3@forums-1-dub...
>> Hi Paula,
>>
>> for the item (ropw, column) which change is signalized by the
>> itemChanged event use the data argument of the event. For
>> other items use getItemDateTime
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> Chris Werner
>> f+s software gmbh
>>
>>
>>
>> "Paula" <ft252@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> news:499554e4@forums-1-dub...
>>> How to get value of some column in datawindow Item change,
>>>
>>> My column name is start_date , end_date
>>>
>>> Using dwo ? how I can get value by using dwo. ???
>>>
>>> I am able to get value by getItemDateTime
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>


Chris Werner Posted on 2009-02-16 12:11:57.0Z
From: "Chris Werner" <cwAT{PleaseNoSpam}f-s.de>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <499554e4@forums-1-dub> <49955dd3@forums-1-dub> <4995bcb6$1@forums-1-dub> <4995c484$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: How to get value from dwo ?
Lines: 77
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5512
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4999580d@forums-1-dub>
Date: 16 Feb 2009 04:11:57 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1234786317 10.22.241.152 (16 Feb 2009 04:11:57 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 16 Feb 2009 04:11:57 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:88806
Article PK: 418059


> ... do the appropriate GetItemXXX (row, dwo.name) or cast the data
> argument
> (string) to the appropriate type

That sounds as if the two possibilities were equivalent but wouldn't that
return
different results because getItemXXX (row, dwo.name) delivers the value in
the row / colum before the change while casting the data argument returns
the
changed value?

Just my 2 ct ...

Chris Werner
f+s software gmbh


"Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel@yahoo!.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:4995c484$1@forums-1-dub...
> To generalize the code you would need to CHOOSE CASE on dwo.ColType and do
> the appropriate GetItemXXX (row, dwo.name) or cast the data argument
> (string) to the appropriate type.
>
> "Terry Dykstra [TeamSybase]" <tddykstra@forestoil.ca> wrote in message
> news:4995bcb6$1@forums-1-dub...
>> You'll have to use a case statement to figure out which column is being
>> changed;
>>
>> choose case dwo.name
>> case "col1"
>> // do something
>> case "col2"
>> // do something
>> end choose
>>
>> --
>> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
>> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
>> http://casexpress.sybase.com
>> product enhancement requests:
>> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>>
>> "Chris Werner" <cwAT{PleaseNoSpam}f-s.de> wrote in message
>> news:49955dd3@forums-1-dub...
>>> Hi Paula,
>>>
>>> for the item (ropw, column) which change is signalized by the
>>> itemChanged event use the data argument of the event. For
>>> other items use getItemDateTime
>>>
>>> HTH
>>>
>>> Chris Werner
>>> f+s software gmbh
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> "Paula" <ft252@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>> news:499554e4@forums-1-dub...
>>>> How to get value of some column in datawindow Item change,
>>>>
>>>> My column name is start_date , end_date
>>>>
>>>> Using dwo ? how I can get value by using dwo. ???
>>>>
>>>> I am able to get value by getItemDateTime
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>


"Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel Posted on 2009-02-16 16:36:10.0Z
From: "Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel@yahoo!.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <499554e4@forums-1-dub> <49955dd3@forums-1-dub> <4995bcb6$1@forums-1-dub> <4995c484$1@forums-1-dub> <4999580d@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: How to get value from dwo ?
Lines: 84
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5512
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <499995fa$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 16 Feb 2009 08:36:10 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1234802170 10.22.241.152 (16 Feb 2009 08:36:10 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 16 Feb 2009 08:36:10 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: TeamSybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:88807
Article PK: 418060

You are right. You would need to look at the ColType to determine what
datatype to cast 'data' to.

"Chris Werner" <cwAT{PleaseNoSpam}f-s.de> wrote in message
news:4999580d@forums-1-dub...
>
>> ... do the appropriate GetItemXXX (row, dwo.name) or cast the data
>> argument
>> (string) to the appropriate type
>
> That sounds as if the two possibilities were equivalent but wouldn't that
> return
> different results because getItemXXX (row, dwo.name) delivers the value in
> the row / colum before the change while casting the data argument returns
> the
> changed value?
>
> Just my 2 ct ...
>
> Chris Werner
> f+s software gmbh
>
>
> "Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel@yahoo!.com> schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag news:4995c484$1@forums-1-dub...
>> To generalize the code you would need to CHOOSE CASE on dwo.ColType and
>> do the appropriate GetItemXXX (row, dwo.name) or cast the data argument
>> (string) to the appropriate type.
>>
>> "Terry Dykstra [TeamSybase]" <tddykstra@forestoil.ca> wrote in message
>> news:4995bcb6$1@forums-1-dub...
>>> You'll have to use a case statement to figure out which column is being
>>> changed;
>>>
>>> choose case dwo.name
>>> case "col1"
>>> // do something
>>> case "col2"
>>> // do something
>>> end choose
>>>
>>> --
>>> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
>>> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
>>> http://casexpress.sybase.com
>>> product enhancement requests:
>>> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>>>
>>> "Chris Werner" <cwAT{PleaseNoSpam}f-s.de> wrote in message
>>> news:49955dd3@forums-1-dub...
>>>> Hi Paula,
>>>>
>>>> for the item (ropw, column) which change is signalized by the
>>>> itemChanged event use the data argument of the event. For
>>>> other items use getItemDateTime
>>>>
>>>> HTH
>>>>
>>>> Chris Werner
>>>> f+s software gmbh
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> "Paula" <ft252@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>>> news:499554e4@forums-1-dub...
>>>>> How to get value of some column in datawindow Item change,
>>>>>
>>>>> My column name is start_date , end_date
>>>>>
>>>>> Using dwo ? how I can get value by using dwo. ???
>>>>>
>>>>> I am able to get value by getItemDateTime
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>