Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Error when compiling generated C# code:

5 posts in .NET Winform Last posting was on 2009-05-12 19:29:02.0Z
Jason 'Bug' Fenter Posted on 2009-05-06 21:35:20.0Z
From: Jason 'Bug' Fenter <jason.fenter@teamsybase.com>
User-Agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.21 (Windows/20090302)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.net.winform
Subject: Error when compiling generated C# code:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4a020298@forums-1-dub>
Date: 6 May 2009 14:35:20 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1241645720 10.22.241.152 (6 May 2009 14:35:20 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 6 May 2009 14:35:20 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 18
X-Authenticated-User: teamsybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.net.winform:824
Article PK: 707560

When I try to deploy my application, it fails with the error stated in
the subject line. That error is immediately followed by:
Cannot convert type 'iAnywhere.QAnywhere.Client.QAMessage' to
'Sybase.PowerBuilder.PBAny'


The actual line of code causing this error is:
IF IsNull (msg) THEN

// Note: msg is an object of type iAnywhere.QAnywhere.Client.QAMessage


I have tried using:
IF IsValid (msg) THEN

But I get an error at deploy stating:
The best overloaded method match for 'isvalid(powerobject)' has some
invalid arguments.


John Moon Posted on 2009-05-11 09:31:44.0Z
From: John Moon <no@spam.de>
User-Agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.21 (Windows/20090302)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.net.winform
Subject: Re: Error when compiling generated C# code:
References: <4a020298@forums-1-dub>
In-Reply-To: <4a020298@forums-1-dub>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4a07f080$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 11 May 2009 02:31:44 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1242034304 10.22.241.152 (11 May 2009 02:31:44 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 11 May 2009 02:31:44 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 28
X-Authenticated-User: pb110beta
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.net.winform:827
Article PK: 707559

stop developing with winform targets and get out of the valley of tears

I really really really gave it a chance. But I promise to you will get
this incompatible stuff again and again and again.

I'm really tired of this!

John

Jason 'Bug' Fenter schrieb:

> When I try to deploy my application, it fails with the error stated in
> the subject line. That error is immediately followed by:
> Cannot convert type 'iAnywhere.QAnywhere.Client.QAMessage' to
> 'Sybase.PowerBuilder.PBAny'
>
>
> The actual line of code causing this error is:
> IF IsNull (msg) THEN
>
> // Note: msg is an object of type iAnywhere.QAnywhere.Client.QAMessage
>
>
> I have tried using:
> IF IsValid (msg) THEN
>
> But I get an error at deploy stating:
> The best overloaded method match for 'isvalid(powerobject)' has some
> invalid arguments.


Jason 'Bug' Fenter [TeamSybase] Posted on 2009-05-11 15:42:32.0Z
From: "Jason 'Bug' Fenter [TeamSybase]" <jason.fenter@teamsybase.com>
User-Agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.21 (Windows/20090302)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.net.winform
Subject: Re: Error when compiling generated C# code:
References: <4a020298@forums-1-dub> <4a07f080$1@forums-1-dub>
In-Reply-To: <4a07f080$1@forums-1-dub>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4a084768$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 11 May 2009 08:42:32 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1242056552 10.22.241.152 (11 May 2009 08:42:32 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 11 May 2009 08:42:32 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 39
X-Authenticated-User: teamsybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.net.winform:828
Article PK: 707563

I'm trying to implement QAnywhere in a PowerBuilder app. QAnywhere only
offers a .NET API that PowerBuilder can use. But that means using WinForms.

I *can't* stop developing with WinForm targets.


So.... do you have any insight to the question presented?

John Moon wrote:
> stop developing with winform targets and get out of the valley of tears
>
> I really really really gave it a chance. But I promise to you will get
> this incompatible stuff again and again and again.
>
> I'm really tired of this!
>
> John
>
> Jason 'Bug' Fenter schrieb:
>> When I try to deploy my application, it fails with the error stated in
>> the subject line. That error is immediately followed by:
>> Cannot convert type 'iAnywhere.QAnywhere.Client.QAMessage' to
>> 'Sybase.PowerBuilder.PBAny'
>>
>>
>> The actual line of code causing this error is:
>> IF IsNull (msg) THEN
>>
>> // Note: msg is an object of type iAnywhere.QAnywhere.Client.QAMessage
>>
>>
>> I have tried using:
>> IF IsValid (msg) THEN
>>
>> But I get an error at deploy stating:
>> The best overloaded method match for 'isvalid(powerobject)' has some
>> invalid arguments.


Benjamin Kemner Posted on 2009-05-12 08:29:20.0Z
From: Benjamin Kemner <look@my-signature.de>
User-Agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.21 (Windows/20090302)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.net.winform
Subject: Re: Error when compiling generated C# code:
References: <4a020298@forums-1-dub> <4a07f080$1@forums-1-dub> <4a084768$1@forums-1-dub>
In-Reply-To: <4a084768$1@forums-1-dub>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4a093360$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 12 May 2009 01:29:20 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1242116960 10.22.241.152 (12 May 2009 01:29:20 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 12 May 2009 01:29:20 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 15
X-Authenticated-User: pb110beta
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.net.winform:830
Article PK: 707566

Jason 'Bug' Fenter [TeamSybase] schrieb:
> I *can't* stop developing with WinForm targets.

Is creating a .NET-com-wrapper an option for you? You are more flexible
and you can integrate .NET in all your existing applications without
migration.

Bruce Armstrong's articles:
http://pbdj.sys-con.com/node/258395
http://pbdj.sys-con.com/node/420516

Benjamin

--
kemnerAT_NOSPAMsf-datentechnikDOTde


Jason 'Bug' Fenter [TeamSybase] Posted on 2009-05-12 19:29:02.0Z
From: "Jason 'Bug' Fenter [TeamSybase]" <jason.fenter@teamsybase.com>
User-Agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.21 (Windows/20090302)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.net.winform
Subject: Re: Error when compiling generated C# code:
References: <4a020298@forums-1-dub> <4a07f080$1@forums-1-dub> <4a084768$1@forums-1-dub> <4a093360$1@forums-1-dub>
In-Reply-To: <4a093360$1@forums-1-dub>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4a09cdfe$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 12 May 2009 12:29:02 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1242156542 10.22.241.152 (12 May 2009 12:29:02 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 12 May 2009 12:29:02 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 20
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.net.winform:831
Article PK: 707564

Hmm.... exploring this now. Thanks for the links. I knew Bruce had done
something along these lines; I didn't realize how pertinent they were to
what I'm trying to do now.

Benjamin Kemner wrote:
> Jason 'Bug' Fenter [TeamSybase] schrieb:
>> I *can't* stop developing with WinForm targets.
>
> Is creating a .NET-com-wrapper an option for you? You are more flexible
> and you can integrate .NET in all your existing applications without
> migration.
>
> Bruce Armstrong's articles:
> http://pbdj.sys-con.com/node/258395
> http://pbdj.sys-con.com/node/420516
>
> Benjamin
>