Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

One hour ahead for email and calendar

11 posts in Trial Discussion Last posting was on 2009-07-15 08:50:40.0Z
Christy Li Posted on 2009-05-15 08:27:09.0Z
Sender: cd0.4a0d26fc.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Christy Li
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.secureemail.trial
Subject: One hour ahead for email and calendar
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4a0d275d.ce1.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 15 May 2009 01:27:09 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1242376029 10.22.241.41 (15 May 2009 01:27:09 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 15 May 2009 01:27:09 -0700, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 2
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.secureemail.trial:324
Article PK: 11077

My email and calendar all move one hour ahead recently. Any
clue why it happened?


Bryan Whitmarsh Posted on 2009-05-15 14:37:29.0Z
From: "Bryan Whitmarsh" <bryanw@sybase.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.secureemail.trial
References: <4a0d275d.ce1.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: One hour ahead for email and calendar
Lines: 8
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3138
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3350
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4a0d7e29$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 15 May 2009 07:37:29 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1242398249 10.22.241.152 (15 May 2009 07:37:29 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 15 May 2009 07:37:29 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: techsupp
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.secureemail.trial:325
Article PK: 19192

Which device and version of Mobile Office or OneBridge are you using? Are
you syncing against Lotus Notes or Exchange?

<Christy Li> wrote in message news:4a0d275d.ce1.1681692777@sybase.com...
> My email and calendar all move one hour ahead recently. Any
> clue why it happened?


Bryan Whitmarsh Posted on 2009-05-21 14:54:01.0Z
From: "Bryan Whitmarsh" <bryanw@sybase.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.secureemail.trial
References: <4a0d7e29$1@forums-1-dub> <4a13a5a3.4353.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: One hour ahead for email and calendar
Lines: 23
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3138
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3350
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4a156b09@forums-1-dub>
Date: 21 May 2009 07:54:01 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1242917641 10.22.241.152 (21 May 2009 07:54:01 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 21 May 2009 07:54:01 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: techsupp
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.secureemail.trial:332
Article PK: 19195

After talking with support they commented that this sounds like a timezone
issues. 80% of timezone issues we get in support can be resolved by
applying various Microsoft DST updates on both the server and device side.
After you are sure the device and server have all the latest DST patches if
your calendar is still off then perform a re-registration and it should
clean up the calendar items.

<Christy Li> wrote in message news:4a13a5a3.4353.1681692777@sybase.com...
>I am using HTC Touch Dual with Onebridge 5.5.2008.1009, sync
> with Exchange 2003. Time zone is GMT+8 in Hong Kong.
>
>> Which device and version of Mobile Office or OneBridge are
>> you using? Are you syncing against Lotus Notes or
>> Exchange?
>>
>> <Christy Li> wrote in message
>> > news:4a0d275d.ce1.1681692777@sybase.com... My email and
>> > calendar all move one hour ahead recently. Any clue why
>> it happened?
>>
>>


Bryan Whitmarsh Posted on 2009-05-22 16:08:43.0Z
From: "Bryan Whitmarsh" <bryanw@sybase.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.secureemail.trial
References: <4a156b09@forums-1-dub> <4a160b22.a87.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: One hour ahead for email and calendar
Lines: 44
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3138
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3350
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4a16ce0b@forums-1-dub>
Date: 22 May 2009 09:08:43 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1243008523 10.22.241.152 (22 May 2009 09:08:43 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 22 May 2009 09:08:43 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: techsupp
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.secureemail.trial:334
Article PK: 19200

Ok, thanks for the information. This is sounding more and more like an
actual Microsoft CDO issue (bug) that we will need to address in our code.
You can try to resolve the issue by re-registering that will force a refresh
of the calendar data. We have submitted a Bug so that this can be resolved
in a future product update. Please let me know if re-registering fixes the
calendar times.

Thanks.

<Christy Li> wrote in message news:4a160b22.a87.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Thanks, however, server and device are already in the latest
> DST patch. Already tried to registered again, but still
> same. The interesting thing is those appointments
> registered long time ago are not affected, only those
> registered recently and the emails are 1 hour off. And Hong
> Kong does not have any Day Light saving throughout the year.
>
>> After talking with support they commented that this sounds
>> like a timezone issues. 80% of timezone issues we get in
>> support can be resolved by applying various Microsoft DST
>> updates on both the server and device side. After you are
>> sure the device and server have all the latest DST patches
>> if your calendar is still off then perform a
>> re-registration and it should clean up the calendar
>> items.
>>
>> <Christy Li> wrote in message
>> news:4a13a5a3.4353.1681692777@sybase.com... >I am using
>> > HTC Touch Dual with Onebridge 5.5.2008.1009, sync with
>> Exchange 2003. Time zone is GMT+8 in Hong Kong. >
>> >> Which device and version of Mobile Office or OneBridge
>> are >> you using? Are you syncing against Lotus Notes or
>> >> Exchange?
>> >>
>> >> <Christy Li> wrote in message
>> >> > news:4a0d275d.ce1.1681692777@sybase.com... My email
>> and >> > calendar all move one hour ahead recently. Any
>> clue why >> it happened?
>> >>
>> >>
>>
>>