Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Settransobject fails with dws not in pbd

6 posts in DataWindow Last posting was on 2009-05-17 03:57:15.0Z
Rolf Knaden Posted on 2009-05-16 14:26:46.0Z
From: Rolf Knaden <rolf.knaden@conject.com>
User-Agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.21 (Windows/20090302)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Settransobject fails with dws not in pbd
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-15; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4a0ecd26$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 16 May 2009 07:26:46 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1242484006 10.22.241.152 (16 May 2009 07:26:46 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 16 May 2009 07:26:46 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 19
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:89308
Article PK: 418560

Hi.

We are using pb10.5.
We have certain datawindows in pbls of which we don't build runtime pbds
for reasons of sharing them with other applications.

Now, when running in developement-environment, all runs fine.
dw_1.SetTransObject(sqlca) returns 1.
But when doing the same with the executable, dw_1.SetTransObject(sqlca)
runs into an error.
When putting the datawindow into a pbl, of which we build a pbd, all
works fine, also with the executable.

Why is this so?
Can we avoid this?

Thanks,

Rolf


Bruce Armstrong Posted on 2009-05-16 14:48:13.0Z
From: Bruce Armstrong <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Re: Settransobject fails with dws not in pbd
Reply-To: NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@yahoo.com
Message-ID: <ngkt05p3etknf2ajc3j6gb7utn8mp505kq@4ax.com>
References: <4a0ecd26$1@forums-1-dub>
X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 5.00/32.1171
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Date: 16 May 2009 07:48:13 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1242485293 10.22.241.152 (16 May 2009 07:48:13 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 16 May 2009 07:48:13 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 36
X-Authenticated-User: TeamSybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:89309
Article PK: 418561

Use a PBR file to force the compiler to put the datawindow into the
PBD.

On 16 May 2009 07:26:46 -0700, Rolf Knaden <rolf.knaden@conject.com>

wrote:

>Hi.
>
>We are using pb10.5.
>We have certain datawindows in pbls of which we don't build runtime pbds
> for reasons of sharing them with other applications.
>
>Now, when running in developement-environment, all runs fine.
>dw_1.SetTransObject(sqlca) returns 1.
>But when doing the same with the executable, dw_1.SetTransObject(sqlca)
>runs into an error.
>When putting the datawindow into a pbl, of which we build a pbd, all
>works fine, also with the executable.
>
>Why is this so?
>Can we avoid this?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Rolf

-----------------------------------

My Web 2.0 Stuff

Blog: http://bruce.pbdjmagazine.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Bruce-Armstrong/1600223798
Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/brucearmstrong/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/bruceaarmstrong
Twitter: http://twitter.com/bruce_armstrong
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/brucearmstrong


Rolf Knaden Posted on 2009-05-16 16:31:39.0Z
From: Rolf Knaden <rolf.knaden@conject.com>
User-Agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.21 (Windows/20090302)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Re: Settransobject fails with dws not in pbd
References: <4a0ecd26$1@forums-1-dub> <ngkt05p3etknf2ajc3j6gb7utn8mp505kq@4ax.com>
In-Reply-To: <ngkt05p3etknf2ajc3j6gb7utn8mp505kq@4ax.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4a0eea6b$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 16 May 2009 09:31:39 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1242491499 10.22.241.152 (16 May 2009 09:31:39 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 16 May 2009 09:31:39 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 45
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:89310
Article PK: 418559

Hi Bruce.

Up do now I only used the pbr-file for bitmaps and icons.
When putting my datawindow (d_tabelle_sel) into the pbr-file, pb does
not find the file, when writing the pbd, the pbr is associated with.

How do I have to put the name of the datawindow in the file.
Or do I have to export it?

Bruce Armstrong schrieb:

> Use a PBR file to force the compiler to put the datawindow into the
> PBD.
>
> On 16 May 2009 07:26:46 -0700, Rolf Knaden <rolf.knaden@conject.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> We are using pb10.5.
>> We have certain datawindows in pbls of which we don't build runtime pbds
>> for reasons of sharing them with other applications.
>>
>> Now, when running in developement-environment, all runs fine.
>> dw_1.SetTransObject(sqlca) returns 1.
>> But when doing the same with the executable, dw_1.SetTransObject(sqlca)
>> runs into an error.
>> When putting the datawindow into a pbl, of which we build a pbd, all
>> works fine, also with the executable.
>>
>> Why is this so?
>> Can we avoid this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Rolf
> -----------------------------------
>
> My Web 2.0 Stuff
>
> Blog: http://bruce.pbdjmagazine.com/
> Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Bruce-Armstrong/1600223798
> Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/brucearmstrong/
> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/bruceaarmstrong
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/bruce_armstrong
> YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/brucearmstrong


fisher <fisher_NO Posted on 2009-05-16 16:42:58.0Z
From: fisher <fisher_NO@SPAM_star.wckp.lodz.pl_PLEASE>
User-Agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.21 (Windows/20090302)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Re: Settransobject fails with dws not in pbd
References: <4a0ecd26$1@forums-1-dub> <ngkt05p3etknf2ajc3j6gb7utn8mp505kq@4ax.com> <4a0eea6b$1@forums-1-dub>
In-Reply-To: <4a0eea6b$1@forums-1-dub>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Antivirus: avast! (VPS 090515-0, 05/15/2009), Outbound message
X-Antivirus-Status: Clean
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4a0eed12$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 16 May 2009 09:42:58 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1242492178 10.22.241.152 (16 May 2009 09:42:58 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 16 May 2009 09:42:58 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 52
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:89311
Article PK: 418558

like this

exp_auto.pbl(d_rep)

then you ca just modify a project, assigning pbr file to pbl

Rolf Knaden wrote:
> Hi Bruce.
>
> Up do now I only used the pbr-file for bitmaps and icons.
> When putting my datawindow (d_tabelle_sel) into the pbr-file, pb does
> not find the file, when writing the pbd, the pbr is associated with.
>
> How do I have to put the name of the datawindow in the file.
> Or do I have to export it?
>
> Bruce Armstrong schrieb:
>> Use a PBR file to force the compiler to put the datawindow into the
>> PBD.
>>
>> On 16 May 2009 07:26:46 -0700, Rolf Knaden <rolf.knaden@conject.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> We are using pb10.5.
>>> We have certain datawindows in pbls of which we don't build runtime
>>> pbds for reasons of sharing them with other applications.
>>>
>>> Now, when running in developement-environment, all runs fine.
>>> dw_1.SetTransObject(sqlca) returns 1.
>>> But when doing the same with the executable,
>>> dw_1.SetTransObject(sqlca) runs into an error.
>>> When putting the datawindow into a pbl, of which we build a pbd, all
>>> works fine, also with the executable.
>>>
>>> Why is this so?
>>> Can we avoid this?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Rolf
>> -----------------------------------
>>
>> My Web 2.0 Stuff
>>
>> Blog: http://bruce.pbdjmagazine.com/
>> Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Bruce-Armstrong/1600223798
>> Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/brucearmstrong/
>> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/bruceaarmstrong
>> Twitter: http://twitter.com/bruce_armstrong
>> YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/brucearmstrong


Rolf Knaden Posted on 2009-05-16 18:55:26.0Z
From: Rolf Knaden <rolf.knaden@conject.com>
User-Agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.21 (Windows/20090302)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Re: Settransobject fails with dws not in pbd
References: <4a0ecd26$1@forums-1-dub> <ngkt05p3etknf2ajc3j6gb7utn8mp505kq@4ax.com> <4a0eea6b$1@forums-1-dub> <4a0eed12$1@forums-1-dub>
In-Reply-To: <4a0eed12$1@forums-1-dub>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4a0f0c1e$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 16 May 2009 11:55:26 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1242500126 10.22.241.152 (16 May 2009 11:55:26 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 16 May 2009 11:55:26 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 63
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:89312
Article PK: 418563

Sorry, that does not work.
I put it like this:

_GRUEN.BMP
_ROT.BMP
buisysql.pbl(d_tabelle_sel)

Pb says: "Could not find resource file 'buisysql.pbl(d_tabelle)'...".


fisher schrieb:

> like this
>
> exp_auto.pbl(d_rep)
>
> then you ca just modify a project, assigning pbr file to pbl
>
> Rolf Knaden wrote:
>> Hi Bruce.
>>
>> Up do now I only used the pbr-file for bitmaps and icons.
>> When putting my datawindow (d_tabelle_sel) into the pbr-file, pb does
>> not find the file, when writing the pbd, the pbr is associated with.
>>
>> How do I have to put the name of the datawindow in the file.
>> Or do I have to export it?
>>
>> Bruce Armstrong schrieb:
>>> Use a PBR file to force the compiler to put the datawindow into the
>>> PBD.
>>>
>>> On 16 May 2009 07:26:46 -0700, Rolf Knaden <rolf.knaden@conject.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hi.
>>>>
>>>> We are using pb10.5.
>>>> We have certain datawindows in pbls of which we don't build runtime
>>>> pbds for reasons of sharing them with other applications.
>>>>
>>>> Now, when running in developement-environment, all runs fine.
>>>> dw_1.SetTransObject(sqlca) returns 1.
>>>> But when doing the same with the executable,
>>>> dw_1.SetTransObject(sqlca) runs into an error.
>>>> When putting the datawindow into a pbl, of which we build a pbd, all
>>>> works fine, also with the executable.
>>>>
>>>> Why is this so?
>>>> Can we avoid this?
>>>>
>>>> Thanks,
>>>>
>>>> Rolf
>>> -----------------------------------
>>>
>>> My Web 2.0 Stuff
>>>
>>> Blog: http://bruce.pbdjmagazine.com/
>>> Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Bruce-Armstrong/1600223798
>>> Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/brucearmstrong/
>>> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/bruceaarmstrong
>>> Twitter: http://twitter.com/bruce_armstrong
>>> YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/brucearmstrong


Bruce Armstrong Posted on 2009-05-17 03:57:15.0Z
From: Bruce Armstrong <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Re: Settransobject fails with dws not in pbd
Reply-To: NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@yahoo.com
Message-ID: <ul2v05dhf40jlag8ihkheccjmo4sb5lcke@4ax.com>
References: <4a0ecd26$1@forums-1-dub> <ngkt05p3etknf2ajc3j6gb7utn8mp505kq@4ax.com> <4a0eea6b$1@forums-1-dub> <4a0eed12$1@forums-1-dub> <4a0f0c1e$1@forums-1-dub>
X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 5.00/32.1171
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Date: 16 May 2009 20:57:15 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1242532635 10.22.241.152 (16 May 2009 20:57:15 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 16 May 2009 20:57:15 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 85
X-Authenticated-User: TeamSybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:89315
Article PK: 418564

Try including the full path to the pbl. See:

http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=44592

You also might be interested in:

http://www.topwizprogramming.com/PBSearch_WebHelp/Generate_PBR_files.htm

On 16 May 2009 11:55:26 -0700, Rolf Knaden <rolf.knaden@conject.com>

wrote:

>Sorry, that does not work.
>I put it like this:
>
>_GRUEN.BMP
>_ROT.BMP
>buisysql.pbl(d_tabelle_sel)
>
>Pb says: "Could not find resource file 'buisysql.pbl(d_tabelle)'...".
>
>
>fisher schrieb:
>> like this
>>
>> exp_auto.pbl(d_rep)
>>
>> then you ca just modify a project, assigning pbr file to pbl
>>
>> Rolf Knaden wrote:
>>> Hi Bruce.
>>>
>>> Up do now I only used the pbr-file for bitmaps and icons.
>>> When putting my datawindow (d_tabelle_sel) into the pbr-file, pb does
>>> not find the file, when writing the pbd, the pbr is associated with.
>>>
>>> How do I have to put the name of the datawindow in the file.
>>> Or do I have to export it?
>>>
>>> Bruce Armstrong schrieb:
>>>> Use a PBR file to force the compiler to put the datawindow into the
>>>> PBD.
>>>>
>>>> On 16 May 2009 07:26:46 -0700, Rolf Knaden <rolf.knaden@conject.com>
>>>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Hi.
>>>>>
>>>>> We are using pb10.5.
>>>>> We have certain datawindows in pbls of which we don't build runtime
>>>>> pbds for reasons of sharing them with other applications.
>>>>>
>>>>> Now, when running in developement-environment, all runs fine.
>>>>> dw_1.SetTransObject(sqlca) returns 1.
>>>>> But when doing the same with the executable,
>>>>> dw_1.SetTransObject(sqlca) runs into an error.
>>>>> When putting the datawindow into a pbl, of which we build a pbd, all
>>>>> works fine, also with the executable.
>>>>>
>>>>> Why is this so?
>>>>> Can we avoid this?
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>>
>>>>> Rolf
>>>> -----------------------------------
>>>>
>>>> My Web 2.0 Stuff
>>>>
>>>> Blog: http://bruce.pbdjmagazine.com/
>>>> Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Bruce-Armstrong/1600223798
>>>> Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/brucearmstrong/
>>>> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/bruceaarmstrong
>>>> Twitter: http://twitter.com/bruce_armstrong
>>>> YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/brucearmstrong

-----------------------------------

My Web 2.0 Stuff

Blog: http://bruce.pbdjmagazine.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Bruce-Armstrong/1600223798
Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/brucearmstrong/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/bruceaarmstrong
Twitter: http://twitter.com/bruce_armstrong
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/brucearmstrong